PDA

View Full Version : The Hunters- (AC Freeform)

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 04:35 PM
Note

(( Quick legal note that needs to be made. I have the historical experiance of an 8th grader. Meening whatever I managed to retain from high school, learned from some video games/movies, and other resources, is all I have to go on. And google, thank god for google. So anytime I make an innacurate remark in this game, just ignore it and accept it as truth. :p That being said, game time. ))

It should also be noted that none of you clearly mentioned a level of wealth/ life style for your characters, so im going to just assume base off what I read.

John Parker- *Beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*, your alarm clock continues to roar well into the afternoon. Around 11 am or so you are finally awakened, the sun from the only window in this room beating down on your face. The serenity that follows your momentary stupor is broken thanks to a pounding on your apartment door. A familiar voice breaks through the knocking. Wheres the rent you lazy bum!. The voice is that of Burkes, your landlord. The only factor to make this afternoon worse was that you could swear this man held a grudge towards you.

Alex Blake- The day goes the same as it usually would. The "Same old same old" once again. However this walk home was bound to be slightly different. The cool night air cuts into your face with a gust of chilling wind. Winter in NYC, still as difficult to adjust to as ever. You pass along an empty boulevard at about midnight or so. It's rarely this calm around here, or in most areas in this city. However, for some reason, this one street is almost dead quiet. Albeit the sound of one man walking closer, and closer. Despite your best efforts, however, you can see no one. No cars, no one on bikes or scooters, nobody at all.

Jackson Lanphear- Just another score, like all the others. However this time you wer cheated. You know you swore to give up the stuff, but it was hard, as are all drug addictions. Whats worse, is when the dealer decided to hold out on you, attempting to rob you blind. He, and a few of his friends draw knives, or the occasional gun. Unfortunately for them, military men are tough! Sure, you had a bit of a dependency issue, but you still could not help but laugh at the odds in this fight.

4is111
2009-11-23, 04:46 PM
"Huh? The rent? The rent!"
John rolls out of bed. On to the floor.
"Ouch. Let's see, I finally got enough commision for the rent yesterday..."
John gets up and starts frantically sorting through his drawers.
"Just a second, Mr. Burkes! Where did I put the cash? Wallet? Damn, my pocket was picked last night. Bugger."
John walks over to the door and opens it a enough to see Mr. Burkes.
"I can explain this."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 04:58 PM
John Parker- You see the portly Mr. Burkes staring you down, obviously frustrated.

I... Don't.... Want.... To... Hear It! The man says in a grunting voice.

You've got one week! One more boy!

4is111
2009-11-23, 05:04 PM
"All have within the week, I assure you."
John goes back into his appartment to get read for work.
"A week!? How am I going to get that kind of money in a week? Usually a third of my income goes to rent. I'll have to sell some junk."
John serveys the room.
"I can't sell the desk... I already pawned my computer... the bed came with the partment... it would cost more to haul out that sorry excuse for a sofa than I'd get for it... I'm in trouble."
John quickly showers and dress before heading of to work.
"Maybe I can get one of the guys to loan me some money to get by until my next big sale.
John runs out to work without realizing he hasn't eaten.

Grim ranger
2009-11-24, 01:08 AM
Damn it
Alex started to walk quicker, pulling the hood of his grey hoodie up and looked around nervously. He did not know who tailed him, but it was surely sign of trouble. Seriously, what were the chances that a street in NYC was completely empty, even in winter?

He walked on for moment, trying to ignore the footsteps, and then turned around, shouting behind him: "What do you want? Who are you?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 01:48 AM
John Parker-

You head out for work. Your breath is visible infront of your nose as you exit into the cold winter streets of NYC. The noice of traffic, coupled with the chilling weather just felt, right.

However, it's during your walk ( ride, jog, bike, w/e) to work that things get weird. The entire time you feel as if eyes are glaring down at you. The hair on the back of your neck only finally manages to stand down as you get to your place of work, 20 minutes late.

Alex-

A minute goes by, then two, then three, and still no one in sight. Unfortunately you can HEAR them. Each huff of icy breath, each whisper, every foot step. All perfectly audible. This would only be something out of a cheap sci-fi special, or a horror story.

Finally you catch it, the glimpse of someone, or something, running down an alleyway. Your head is telling you no, but your gut has other intentions.

Grim ranger
2009-11-24, 03:17 AM
Alex stepped back. One, two, three steps, and suddenly he was running. Where to, he did not know. Anywhere. Anywhere but there. Rounding the corner, he continued to run through the biting wind and snow.

4is111
2009-11-24, 03:42 PM
"Hurry Hurry Hurry Hurry!"
John punches his card and runs into the electronics section. He looks around for anyone who might need help. Why is no one coming up to me? My vest!
John runs back into the employes area for his uniform. This is going to be a long day.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 04:37 PM
John Parker-

The day is a looong, tasking one. Every other person to come into the store has something new and even MORE pointless to Bit*h about then the last.
Thankfully after hours of mundane and insane work you are rescued by your replacement. A nice girl of about 22 years. The rather tall, dark skinned "Najae" comes into work a few minutes early, around 8PM or so, to relieve you from duty.

Hay there! Your free to go. Oh, I know it's probably been a long day, so I brought you some coffee.

after the exchange you converse for a moment or two. Other then the obvious "Two Things" you notice about her, you can see on her left arm she has gotten a new tatto. It seems to be in the shape of an arrow head with a spiral outlined on the inside, leading to an eye.

Alex-

At first you thought it was the bite of the cold weather, but something was definately wrong. As you round the corner you can feel it getting worse, a stinging on the back of your neck. However when you bat your hand around you can feel nothing more then a bit of wetness. Moving your hand in front of your face you see it, Blood!.

You feel your legs getting weak, and your vision is getting blurry. At first you could swear you see horse driven carriages running by as you wobble along the street, trying your hardest to stay standing.

4is111
2009-11-24, 04:47 PM
"Thank you, Najae. I needed that. Maybe I can return the favor some time, but I had to work through lunch and I haven't had a bit to eat all day, so I really must be going. It's been nice talking with you."
John drops off his uniform, punches his card, and heads out to go back to his appartment.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 05:06 PM
John Parker-

You leave work with the expression of someone who has been beaten with a rather large, rather heavy hammer. However it's all made right once more as you drop down onto your couch, a swirling sensation in your head, your imagination running wild.

At first, you thought it was the fatigue, but things get weird. Is it a dream? Maybe, maybe not. Soon you see a blank plane, not darkness, just... nothingness. You don't recall falling asleep, however here you are, in a world that couldent be possibly exist. Shortly as the world featureless fades, a new reality comes into view. You see a wide open country side, with crops and grain as far as the eye can see. Just as well you see a beautiful orchard just yards off to the "north?". At the end of which is a towering stone castle, most likely a keep from the feudal european area.

You see yourself, however not yourself. You are dressed entirely differently, and your face and voice are entirely different. You see you are armed with weaponry, very ancient weaponry. Around you stand 2 others, dressed in brown cloaks like yourself, each with weapondry and a similar symbol burnt into their hands.

The symbol is a strange one, it looks like a pieced together arrow head, or possibly a dagger tip.

Hay, Hay! Focus. One of the two men whisper this to you.

4is111
2009-11-24, 05:16 PM
OOC: That's odd. Desmond perscieved Altiar to be very similar to himself physically, and he spoke with his own voice...

IC: "Oye. What happened? Where is this?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 05:30 PM
OoC- ((Ya, 1. I have a reason for that. 2. feel free to have as much knowledge as your 12th century sef would allow, but dont worry, I will toss som plot exposition your way so you dont have to mak up everything on the fly. :p))

Omar Meiri-

" Silence. We are almost there, keep your gaurd up and keep low. "

As you recover you can still feel your own memories, as john parker, however a new set of memories floods into your mind. Someone named "Omar", and something about an "assassins guiled". Finally the more current knowledge pushes forth.

Your here at the country side of some european city, at a nobles manner. You can recall everything about the countryside and the men your with.

One is Auden Trouce`, apparently he is a friend of yours, and a member of the "assassins guild". Finally you remember the other mans named, Gorgdon Rawnd, a burly, and slow witted white man with more scar then skin.

Both of these men, and yourself are here to kill Furthan Locke, a corrupt noble that is apparently working with some other high-classed men in a slave trading organization. Another name also comes to mind, "The hunters". Although less information is known about these groups, all that you can recall is that they are your enemies.

Finally, one last thing runs through your mind, the assassins creed.

- Do not harm innocents
- Hide in plain sight
- Do not jeopordise your brothers, or the guild.

And finally "Nothing is sacred, all is permitted"

4is111
2009-11-24, 05:42 PM
Omar glances around nervously. "Auden, I'm a bit shaky on the plan. How are we going to pull this off again." He speaks in a low wisper. An ordinary man would not hear him a two paces, but it is crisp to the honed ears of an assassin.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 05:47 PM
Omar Mieri-

The thin man, auden turns to you with a quizzicle expression.

Your in charge, we were hoping you had a plan. Whatever, for now lets just get past the gates without being seen.

The two move on at an exceptional pace, keeping low, hiding behind trees, in shrubs, and behind rocks as you push your way through the orchard.

The three of you leave a trail of bodies in your wake from the gaurds patrolling the peach orchard, as you come to the keeps gates.

You see before you the "classic" moat surronding the stoneworked walls. As well as four armed and armored gaurds blocking the main entrance, and another 20 or so along the battlements.

4is111
2009-11-24, 06:21 PM
Weren't we not suppose to harm the innocent. Those guards were only guilty of being imployed by our target.
"We could probably overpower the guards, but it would draw unwanted attention. We could instead scale the walls, but then we'd have a harder time actually reaching the target. Ideally we could enter under some guise without our intentions being guessed, but that would require some cover."
Is anyone entering or leaving the castle?

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 07:12 PM
Omar Meiri-
It is late at night, and there is currently no one other then yourselves, and the gaurds in the area.

Auden- My vote is for the walls. It might take longer, but it seems our best bet. But it's up to you, your father seems to think your ready to actually be in charge for once.

4is111
2009-11-24, 07:26 PM
"Agreed. A direct attack would give the target warning enough to escape and sneaking in is unlikely to succeed."
Omar leads his team around to the back side of the castle through the bushes before drawing close.
Do I still know how to swim? I certainly don't normally know how to beat armed guards uncontious. Ofcourse I do, I'm appearently a professional killer. I must do this sort of thing all the time.
Omar attempts to swim the moat and reach the castle wall undetected.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 08:00 PM
Omar Meiri-

You dive into the water, as quietly as possible obviously. You are quickly followed by Auden, however gorgdon stays behind on dry land, pulling out a coil of rope with a grappling hook on the end.

By the time you and Auden hit the wall a rope is dangling from above, waiting for you guys to climb. From this angle you can immediatly make out 2 gaurds about 10 meters apart on the battlements above. Easy kill.

4is111
2009-11-24, 08:14 PM
"The trick will be getting to them without them seeing us to alert the rest of the guards. It would be simple enough to simply knock them over the edge, but the fall would cause more noise than we want. We'll scale the wall, and then incapassitate the guards simultainiously. I'll take the one on the left, you handle the guard on the right. Ready? Now!"
Omar scampers up the wall with Auden not far behind him. Once they reach the top, Omar creeps behind his guard and waits for Auden to be ready before knocking him out with a simple chop.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 08:22 PM
Omar Meiri-

You shimmy up the rope as quickly as a chimp. Timing the landing just right so the gaurds are in opposite directions you and Auden quietly move over to your targets. Just as Auden gets lined up you unleash a swift strike, knocking the armored man unconscious.

At the same moment you hear the soft sound of steel being drug across leather followed by the sound of metal piercing vital organs.

Auden sheathes his short sword as his gaurd drops to the ground, with a soft thud.

Too easy. So what's next?

You can see the battlement lead around the entire keep, an easy meens to move to your target, however from the wall below you see gaurd stations, garden houses, and servents quarters. So a leap of faith wouldent be impossible. Unfortunately the only piece of information you did not manage to recieve during your preperation for this attack was where the noble slept.

But why let that stop you?

4is111
2009-11-24, 08:31 PM
"Best I can tell we have two options as to how to proceed. We can try to keep ourselves hidden and reach the mark without being seen, or we can trust the creed and hide in plain sight. We have two guard uniforms right here, although there seems to be a bit of blood on yours, but that isn't something we can't work around. We could instead disguise ourselves as servants, but the servants are more likely to recognise each other and be recognised by the mark. They would, however have freer reign of the keep, so that is who we shall pretend to be. Tread lightly, and we slip into the servants quarters."
Omar sneaks along the battlement until they are in the proper location, then jumps down into the quarters.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 08:40 PM
Omar Meiri-

Auden nods at your choice of actions, however he picks up the gaurd uniform and prepares to dawn it.

Two different roles, a better chance at success. I will try to get Gorgdon in. If I can not succeed I will back you up at the keep.

Auden see's you off as you run around the battlements, having to strike down another gaurd. Much to your dismay you can hear the sounds of Auden striking his blade into the unconscious gaurd from before.

You finally come to the ledge of the west side of the battlements, a small well below. Spreading your arms wide you leap from the wall, and prepare to touch down into the small pool of water.

With a splash you are reassured, your trust well placed. The sound from the water splashing does manage to awaken someone from the servents quarters. The man moves about the area, no more then 2 meters from the well at anytime, wondering what caused the splash.

The man is tall, and elderly, and of african decent. The mans clothes seem to be the proper attire to get you inside the keep unnoticed, although this is purely a guess.

4is111
2009-11-24, 08:48 PM
Easy. Don't startle him.
Omar braces himself against the opposite sides of the wall, and throws himself out of the well. He garrotes the old man in his elbow, and still half in the well, catches the elder as he falls to dampen the noise.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 08:55 PM
Omar Meiri-

You leap from the well, strangling the elder butler until he passes out from lack of oxygen. Your balance begins to slip trying to hold this man and keep from falling back into the waters, however you managed to do so at the cost of dropping the servent onto some concrete.

Checking his head there is a slight wound, but it doesent look life threatning.
A small blotch of blood is left under the mans head.

4is111
2009-11-24, 08:59 PM
How did I do that? This assassin stuff is starting to get exciting. This morning, I would have never dreamed that today I would... beat up an old man to steal his clothing. Actual I did think about mugging as a way to pay the rent. I hope this assassin stuff pays well.
Omar slips into the old man's robes, and slip out of the servant's quarters in search of the keep.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 09:08 PM
Omar Meiri-

You pass through the grounds and gardens of the keep with drawing little more attention then the occasional gaurd nodding your way.

As you move along you see a gaurd whom is a bit taller then most others, and the clothes seem to be alot tighter on him.

This same gaurd has a secondary sword on his person unlike the others. You see this gaurd moving towards the keeps gates.

Finally comming to the keep you find the entrance blocked by gaurds, fortunately for you they only nod and let you slip right on through.

The interior of the keep is as you would expect. Far more sofisticated and regal then most other homes in this era. Aside from lords, or kings, the nobles have the best lives, and live rich and fat.

4is111
2009-11-24, 10:09 PM
And now we wait. Hopefully I can overhear someone mention where Furthan Locke is presently or will be soon.
Omar finds something to scrub or haul or anything that will make him look like he's suppose to be here, and listen intently for anything that might point him in the right direction.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 10:27 PM
Omar Meiri-

You begin doing odd jobs around the keep, unfortunately you spend almost 10 minutes doing this with no leads. There are few servents in the keep at this hour, and the gaurds arent very talkative. The only thing that makes this operation go sour is that one of the other servants gives a VERY questioning look. You have a bad feeling about this.

Lars Rausis-

Another day helping out at one of the local elemntary schools. Then again it's the least you can do, not like you have much else filling your time now-a-days. But whatever, your spirits are brought up as you return to your home a few hours later.

Doing the same things you do every day becomes fairly mundane after some time. However things get far more interesting. Shortly after you return home there is a knock on your door, then another, and another. However when you manage to answer it no one is there, and only a package lays at your feet.

The packaging seems to be basic brown paper, enveloped in which is a dark green metal case, military grade materials and style. Taped to the side is a sealed envelope, the address is missing.

Prokhor Arseni

So, a graduate huh? Yup, thats how the conversations start. Unfortunately they all end the same. You had heard of just how bad the economy was back in the 21st century, but here, 100 years later things STILL suck.

But don't let that get you down, because there is always tomorrow to look forward too. Especially with this new advertisment you got in the paper.

Help Wanted: Experiance is not nescessary, must be willing to subject to chemical experiments. Pay's EXCEPTIONALLY well.

4is111
2009-11-24, 10:32 PM
I'm going to have to address this guy sooner or later. He probably recognises these cloths.
Omar walks over to the servant in question.
"Excuse me, but I can't hold my tongue any longer. Is there something about me you find strange or offencive? If I've slighted you some way, I assure you I ment you no ill."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 10:36 PM
Omar Meiri-

The rather portly servent looks you over quickly, as his eyes go thin and his brow folds. The man gives you a fierce look, grabbing at your clothes with one of his meaty fists.

Wheres Rodgins? The man whispers this into your face, a horrible stench escaping his mouth.

4is111
2009-11-24, 10:42 PM
"You must have me confused with someone else. I probably just have similar clothing to your friend. If you like I can help you look for him."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 11:12 PM
Omar Meiri-

The plumped mans fist tightens as he rips a small silver broach off your chest.

Ya'see, rodgins was the only one wif one o' these. So tell me, why would you 'ave his clothes eh?

SilentNight
2009-11-25, 12:16 AM
Lars Rausis
Lars looks inquisitively at the package, on alert. Even as a civilian, he recognized it as military. Whisking a small knife from a hidden spot on his sleeve, he gingerly opens the envelope and examines the contents.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-25, 12:51 AM
Lars Rausis-

Letter

Lars Rausis

We are pleased to announce that you have been selected for a new experimental military support formula. This serum is proven to cause no adverse side effects, however further testing on the full positive effects is required.

Included with this letter you will find a survey document. Return this apon formula depletion, filled in full.

pirateking89
2009-11-25, 01:22 AM
Jackson smiles at the men all approaching him.

"Come on, now guys. Surely you don't actually want to do this. I don't have **** for money, I might bruise one of you in the fight and - if it comes to it, I'll probably scream and make a **** ton of commotion when you're cutting on me. You don't want that kind of trouble tonight. Let's get high and call it a day, huh?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-25, 01:24 AM
Jackson-

The men each wear pretty sadistic smiles. It seems your attempt at diplomacy has fallen on def ears.

No, sorry. Not really our style. Now how about you empty your pockets, and we don't get rough on you?

Grim ranger
2009-11-25, 03:07 AM
D...Damn....

Alex falls to his knees, holding his neck. Why did this happen to him? He was just ordinary nobody like....any...ot...her...

Falling face first to the snow, Alex passes out.

Helinon
2009-11-25, 06:51 AM
Prokhor Arseni
"Well, I got no other choice." Prokhor sighs to himself. "I'm probably going to be putting my life at risk but at least that's not new to me." Prokhor then get's up from his table, puts on some somewhat dressy clothes, and prepare to leave to get the job.

SilentNight
2009-11-25, 09:45 AM
Lars looks at the letter with doubt. "Test a serum I've never seen before? They must think I'm daft." Going into the kitchen, he sets out some cheese by the mouse den out back. Catching one the vermin, he places it in a large tupperware and injects it with a small amount of the serum from the package, observing its reaction intently.

4is111
2009-11-25, 11:18 AM
Omar Meiri-

The plumped mans fist tightens as he rips a small silver broach off your chest.

Ya'see, rodgins was the only one wif one o' these. So tell me, why would you 'ave his clothes eh?

"Come now. Surely mine isn't the ownly broach like that in existance. Hand it back please."
How many guards are there nearby?

pirateking89
2009-11-25, 12:01 PM
Jackson extracts his wallet and hands it to them.
"Like I told you, guys. Empty. Only thing in there's a credit card and they cancelled that on me last week. I hate to say it, but you have the wrong mark. Now how about you guys keep that and let me go. It'd really be better for all of us."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-25, 10:10 PM
Alex Blake-

You return to reality, the soft sound of rain drops hitting the cobblestone streets. Around you, you see an innocent little european village. An entire small village with a single manor house standing at the top of a hill.

However you are not who you thought you are. When you stare into a puddle of water to see your reflection, it is not alex blake you find, rather you find a new man. Draped in flowing white robes memories begin flooding into your mind.

You recall your past, your name is Leonard Rowe, you grew up innocent enough, you excelled in feats of acrobatics; And.... You are an assassin.

The mark of the assassins guild is burned into the back of your left hand. In the same hand you find yourself grasping a crossbow. It finally comes back to you. Your in a small village named Leopold, where you had reason to believe the templars were amassing power once more.

Unfortunately when you snuck into the manor house up north you found yourself caught, and were forced to flee. It is only now you recall falling from the roof tops, running from somone. The rain forced you to slip from a rather dangerous jumped, and now the armored men chase after through the streets, no more then thirty meters off.

Assassins! Do not let them escape!

Prokhor Arseni-

The trip is fast. Unrealistically so. You are at an old, rather unkempt privately owned research facility in the bad side of town in a matter of minutes. Apon ringing the doorbell you are greeted by a grey-haired white male with many burn marks across his arms. On his left cheek you see an interesting tatoo, of an arrowhead presenting a spiral leading to an eye.

Welcome welcome. Come in, have a seat, I assume your hear inquiring about my ad?

The man greets you, and makes sure your comfortable as the two of you converse.

Lars Rausis-

Only a small portion of the chemical is tested on the "lab rat". To which no violent reactions seem to show, however it is shortly after a minute or two that the mouse passes out.

Assuming your able to monitor a rats vital signs, you find it is still breathing, just unconscious.

Omar Meiri-

OoC2 you recall from around the corner, in ear-shot. And a single one around the other corner of this hall.

L-lies!

The mans eyes go wide, you see him back away slowly. It seems this slow-witted man finally pieced it together. You have enough time to react to him before he breaks into an all out run.

Jackson-

The druggies and gansters seem to only grunt or spit at your lack of any real cash.

Alright then, you can come with us. You need to pay me SOME way now, now don't you

The 5 men slowly advance on you. Unless you defend yourself the men will try to strike you in crippling, but non-vital areas, or will try to knock you unconsciouss.

4is111
2009-11-25, 10:26 PM
Omar grabs the man by his neck and starts choking him just enough so that he can make no sound. Omar wispers in a hushed tone.
"Listen to me and listen well because you may not live long enough to hear this repeated. Your friend is alive, and he will be find. Here your chance to ensure that you too while see another dawn. I'm going to ask you a question and let you answer it and you will have two options. 1: You tell me what I want to know and then go on to live to a ripe old age. 2: You do not cooperate, and then you will die slowly and painfully. No one will know what has happened until it is too late and you will have only minorly inconvinianced me. So, do you understand? Good. My question is this: 'Where is Furthan Locke?'"
Omar loosens his grip so that the man can wisper his answer, then chokes him uncontious and looks around for a place to stash the body.

pirateking89
2009-11-25, 11:17 PM
Jackson, thinking quickly, reaches into his jacket, miming pulling a gun.
"You gave me no choice, then."
Jackson takes advantage of the instant of recoil on his enemies part to turn and sprint out the door, putting his shoulder into the man standing there and forcing his way to freedom.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-26, 12:17 AM
Omar Meiri-

The man struggles at your hands, trying to pull himself free. However finding it is hopeless he begins flailing his right arm up and at an angle. You can tell from where he is pointing he meens the right half of the manor, the second floor.

Jackson-

Your ruse only works so well. It manages to catch some of the druggies off gaurd, unfortunately this causes one of them to fire his gun, striking someone else in the chest. At which a fight has broken out. One that, no matter how hard you try, are stuck in the middle of.

But it hardly matters, even if you had been able to take them all out in the fight, you find you can't even stand. Whether it was a blow to the head, or something else, your not sure. What is known is that your legs go soft, and you see the world around you spin as everything goes white.

SilentNight
2009-11-26, 12:45 AM
Lars Rausis
Seeing no adverse affects, Lars considers the serum, weighing the risks. On the one hand, he had no idea about the actually effects of the serum. It might prove to be a potent neurotoxin for all he knew. Still, times were tough and the elementary schools were far from fulfilling. With a shrug of his shoulders, Lars goes to retrieve a common antidote and a tourniquet from his medicine cabinet and injects the serum into his arm.

pirateking89
2009-11-26, 12:48 AM
Jackson's last though before he fades is 'Killed by the drugs. What a damn poor way for a royal marine to go.' Along with an awareness of throwing another punch or two before being well and truly dropped.

Grim ranger
2009-11-26, 01:19 AM
"What the..."

Alex hardly has time to mutter that before another mindset, practical and assessive, notes that he was about to get chased down by several angry-sounding men. The assassin jumps up with astonishing speed and runs up nearest wall, hauling himself on the roof of the building and starts to leap from one rooftop to another to open up distance between himself and his pursuers.

Templar bastards... I was close, so close... What are you up this time? What?

Hearing another shout, this time closer and on rooftops, the assassin redoubles his pace and continues to run towards the poorer area of the town.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-26, 01:53 AM
Jonathan Krakowen-

Ah the cool night air against your face. Why in the name of common sense would you choose this hour to go out and get a burger*. The winter chill brushes your neck as you stroll through one of the more quiet and less populated parks in NYC.

All is calm, and peaceful until you hear it. The scream of a young women. You believe you heard it from a near-by restroom. Troubles-a-brewin.

*[ Or what food you please ]

Leonarde Rowe-

Jumping from rooftop to thatched rooftop is increadibly easy to you. Not only is it a fresh, invigorating experiance to you, alex, but it seems totally mundane and practised to you, Leonarde.

Unfortunately the rain continues to fall, causing your balance to suffer slightly. Thankfully you manage to evade the gaurds momentarily, without risking another tumble.

The gaurds are still hot on your trail, however you manage to slip into a small pack of holymen retreating from a local church.

Alphonse Laroche-

Your head spins for a moment. Until you finally find yourself in focus once more. It wasent until a moment later you found the cause of your disorientation. The sea, a vast powerful dark blue sea surronds you in all directions but one. At the edge of which you see landmass from a well known continent come into veiw.

The bountiful city of Ye Olde' London! Jackson Lanphear was now sharing the mind of another. A man named Alphonse. A frenchman migrating to new lands, on special work.

Among millions of memories that cascade into your thoughts, one in particular stands out. The assassins creed. You recall it all, having your palm branded with the creed, being taught to follow the creed word for word, and most importantly, being honed in the arts of a killer of peace.

As you stand about the deck of the S.S. Mareiotte you note the other men around you. On one hand you recall the 3 others who accompany you in similar azure robes. Assassins, brothers of your creed, although their names were never exchanged, you knew them well.

As for the others, clergymen. Some honest holy men, a few pilgrams comming for a new life, and the last, templars. For years now the templars power and influence has been routed in this hemisphere of the world. However for some reason activity is returning.

Maximillian Gunter-

It's purely buissness. Those same words run through your head as you awaken from a stupor. You stand over a young women, in eloquent orange night-dresses. The womens blood is seeping into the cracks of the worked marble floor. However when you, Lars, look apon yourself in the reflection, you no longer see yourself. But someone else. This person, whoever he is, is so familair to you. You share his memories, his experiances, his LIFE. And it all comes flooding back.

The assassins guild, the creed, the mission. Wait, the mission. You had succeeded, or so you recall. You were sent to london by your mentor, he who took you in and taught you of the guild. You came here to quell the rise of a new possible threat to the guild. A force of united nobles under the guise knwon as "The hunters". You know for a fact you had just struck a blow on one of the members, but your leads have now dried up. You could easily escape from here, without leaving a trail or making a sound.

However things are not always so simple.

Grim ranger
2009-11-26, 02:01 AM
Leonarde bows his head to blend in to the group of clergymen, loading his crossbow and dart gauntlets while at it. They could and would become useful at any moment, and he wants to have his weapons loaded when templars show up.

Let's play hide and seek, templar fools, and see who of us ends up dead on the ground and who leaves this city alive and breathing.

Spotting haystack nearby, Leonarde stays behind the clergymen and hides into it when nobody is looking.

(OOC: I imagined that dart gauntlets would suit Leonarde better than usual hidden blade. In essence, they are similiar to hidden blade gantlets but shoot steel dart on high velocity upon activation, after which they need to be reloaded again)

pirateking89
2009-11-26, 02:09 AM
Well, that's more than a bit odd...

Alphonse shakes his head and looks around, examining his fellow passengers as he subconsciously double checked the vials hidden under his robe.

Kill, paralyze, unconscious, sleep, puking

Striding unsteadily to the most junior of his companions, Alphonse bows his head so as not to be overheard.

"You are prepared for what we are doing, brother? Tell me again of the facts known for our mission."

Helinon
2009-11-26, 07:46 AM
Prokhor Arseni
"Thank you. Yes I am here because of the ad. I am interested in the job but could i know a bit more about it? Like what types of testing I'll be helping you with?"

4is111
2009-11-26, 11:34 AM
"Thank you for your assistance."
Omar continues to choke the man until he fall uncontious, then stashed the brooch on him an tosses the body into a bin or undersomething consealling.
He the makes his way to the right half of the second floor, and keeps his eyes open for the mark.

King_of_GRiffins
2009-11-26, 11:44 AM
Jonathan Krakowen-

Ah the cool night air against your face. Why in the name of common sense would you choose this hour to go out and get a burger. The winter chill brushes your neck as you stroll through one of the more quiet and less populated parks in NYC.

All is calm, and peaceful until you hear it. The scream of a young women. You believe you heard it from a near-by restroom. Troubles-a-brewin.

Jonathan Krakowen

Burger, Coffee.. he repeated in his mind, forcing himself through the cold. He needed the caffeine to make it through another night of investigating. The particular route he chose was a favorite; Fewer people allowed him to feel more isolated in his thoughts, giving him a sort of calm solitude as he trudged through the cold.

The scream breaks him from his peaceful meditation, his heart beat racing as he dashes out towards the restroom. He stops at the entrance, listening and trying to peek in without being noticed.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-26, 12:16 PM
Jonathan Karakowen-

You come to the side of the restroom complex in the park. Peeking inside you can see a rather large man, dressed in all black clothing wearing a ski-mask, holding down a screaming women.

Even a moron can tell what is occuring here. The women continues to scream and cry for help as the man continues to struggle to hold her down, and attempt to gag her.

Omar Meiri-

Heading to the top floor you find the only room that could possibly match your targets life style. Comming to it, you slowly push the door open, your footsteps impossibly quiet.

And there he is, laying on a four poster bed, silk sheets, and many other fine royalties surronding the man. You can hear the soft snoring comming from the noble.

Prokhor Arseni-

The man prepares some paperwork for you as he continues to explain the research.

In it's most basic essence, I plan to unlock deeply receeded memories and abilities through a chemical application. The process will cause you to go unconsciouss momentarily, but that is to be expected. If all goes correctly you will be able to Travel Through Time!

Alphonse Laroche-

Only one of the three assassins replies to you, all of them trying to seem annonymous to one another.

We are to investigate the templar activity. They should have been quelled some time ago, however new factions continue to rise up against us. Although the templars are not yet the sworn enemies to the assassins, we do not wish to see war come of it.

Our target is somewhere in london, a father by day, but a templar in secret. Augris Mortilla, the black shepered as my superiors have dubbed him.

Leonarde Rowe-

The city is obviously at alert thanks to a few armed men running around yelling "assassin". Thankfully however you manage to keep yourself hidden while the gaurds continue to search.

Two armed gaurds, obviously not of templar cloth, but nontheless hunting you, pass your way as you continue to hide. One of the men moves JUST close enough to peer into the hay. Thankfully the man does not try to prob around at you.

Hmm

Helinon
2009-11-26, 12:20 PM
Prokhor Arseni
Prokhor takes the paperwork from the man when it it ready and starts skimming over it. "That would be a great achievement. I would be glad to help in such a task. However, has this chemical combination been tested before, or are you aware of any possible side affects?"

King_of_GRiffins
2009-11-26, 12:27 PM
Jonathan Karakowen-

You come to the side of the restroom complex in the park. Peeking inside you can see a rather large man, dressed in all black clothing wearing a ski-mask, holding down a screaming women.

Even a moron can tell what is occuring here. The women continues to scream and cry for help as the man continues to struggle to hold her down, and attempt to gag her.

Jonathan Karakowen

Between the soft falls of his sneakers darting across the floor and his heartbeat, he does not make a sound. He unclips a blackjack on his belt as he moves in quickly, crashing it down into the back of the mans neck, hoping to knock him unconscious.

SilentNight
2009-11-26, 12:27 PM
Reeling over for a minute as the memories come flooding back, Lars/Maximillian gazes at the dead body. Coming back to his senses, he quickly snaps the hidden blades on his wrist and elbow back into place and hurriedly moves towards the nearest indiscreet exit.

pirateking89
2009-11-26, 01:06 PM
"Good memory, brother."
Alphonse turns back to the railing in preparation for the landing and their subsequent task, running over what few facts he knows regarding the target in his mind.

Grim ranger
2009-11-26, 02:32 PM
Leonarde Rowe

Watching the man intently, Leonarde rises his crossbow to shoot him dead if he as much as gives away one hint of discovering him. After few tense seconds, the assassin sighs silently in relief, being relatively sure of remaining undiscovered. To his annoyance the guards continue to stand nearby.

What now...there is no way I get out of here alive at the moment if I show my face in the streets... unless...

Aiming his crossbow carefully, Leonarde waits until one of the guards moves away and then attempts to shoot the other one to the back and drag him into hay pile. Disguise will be essential to get him out of the city intact.

4is111
2009-11-26, 03:13 PM
It seems dishonorable to kill a man in his sleep. Still, I have a job to do, and there's no turning back know.
Omar brings his hand down to the victum's neck, and is startled when a thin blade springs out of his wrist band and slits the man's throught. After a moment of awe, Omar turns around and walks out as if nothing had happened.
I guess I should find Auden and tell him of my success.
Omar heads toward the entrance, looking around for Auden as he goes.