PDA

View Full Version : Any New Yorkers out there:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-11-23, 04:43 PM
<Appropriate Ido-temporal Greetings>, Playgrounders!

After three long years of being stationed in Japan and numerous botched attempts to get this done, I am FINALLY going to be able to visit my family in Massachusetts over this holiday period - more specifically, the period which includes New Year's Eve/Day.
Prodded by suggestions from the girlfriend, geographical proximity, and simple I've never been there before, I have decided that it would be a grand idea and quite an experiance to visit the Big Apple during the New Years craziness. Now, as my family is in Massachusetts, this does present the slight problem of needing somewhere to stay. For most people, Plan A would be to begin looking up hotels in the area, but most people do not have the glorious resource of this wonderful community. No, I'm pushing that back to Plan C.

My plan A is to, here and now, with plenty of warning and time to adjust place a request to you lovely people:
Are there any New Yorkers with an open couch out there?
Specific logistics at this time include one (1) non-smoking, non-drinking, non-drug-using adult (me) sleeping on whatever available surface you have (Preferably a couch or thick blanket) for one or (barring a disaster scenario) two nights.
I would, of course, be totally willing to compensate you the inconvenience via house-chores, somewhat amiable company and general what-have-you that is restricted only by human decency and federal/state-level legality.
So - how about it? Any kind souls out there willing to help me out, here? I'll be more than happy to discuss specific logistical details/rules-of-the-household via PM or Instant Messenger.

Pretty much the Only Big Specific I have is that the host be at least 18. I don't want to intrude on the parents of any minors out there. That would be wrong.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-23, 05:29 PM
Sadly, I haven't a place in New York, Thanatos.

But isn't there a Navy Lodge (or other Military branch's place of Officer/Enlisted Residence) near/in/around the NY area :smallconfused:?

SurlySeraph
2009-11-23, 05:45 PM
I'm from New York, but am currently at college in Massachusetts, and likely will be out of the city during New Years. If the situation changes and you haven't heard back from another Playgrounder in the meantime, though, I'll let you know.