PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Strike Equal

Fastmover
2009-11-23, 09:37 PM
Is there a feat that has a similar ability to Arcane Strike but for Divine casting?

Thinking about making a Favored Soul/Ordained Champion. Less attack, but more of an all rounder.

Emmerask
2009-11-24, 03:05 AM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Divine_Strike_(DnD_Feat)

but it seems worse in every aspect (except damage 1d6 instead of 1d4)
very high requirements :smallannoyed:
must spend a turn on top of a spell :smallmad:
standard action to activate :smalleek:

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-24, 07:33 AM
Eeeew. that is a poopy feat. :(

Khatoblepas
2009-11-24, 07:40 AM
Get the Southern Magician or Alternate Source Spell feats (I can't remember the source, to be honest), and qualify for Arcane Strike that way. The text of arcane strike says that you sacrifice a spell slot, but doesn't specify that it has to be arcane, even though the feat's name implies it. At least, that's what my copy of CW says, so you can still sacrifice divine spell slots for the same effect :)

Haven
2009-11-24, 07:44 AM
Eeeew. that is a poopy feat. :(

And it's a homebrew feat anyway, so if the OP was going to ask their DM to allow it they could just ask for a homebrew that was like Arcane Strike but for the divine. Which probably wouldn't be too unbalanced.

Emmerask
2009-11-24, 08:01 AM
And it's a homebrew feat anyway, so if the OP was going to ask their DM to allow it they could just ask for a homebrew that was like Arcane Strike but for the divine. Which probably wouldn't be too unbalanced.

ah didnīt see that, why is someone homebrewing such an abysmall feat /ponder.
Anyway I think that the divine strike should be a bit different then the arcane one how about tohit = spellevel /2 (div chars in general have more bab) but 1d6 / spell level dmg? rest same as arcane strike

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-24, 08:10 AM
Sidenote: Would it be a good idea (balance wise) to change the activation of arcane strike to a swift action? I ask course I've been able to go nova on bosses for silly damage ( with a wraith strike I needed to get a 4 to hit anything and was doing 250 damage on average).

Fastmover
2009-11-24, 11:58 AM
Get the Southern Magician or Alternate Source Spell feats (I can't remember the source, to be honest), and qualify for Arcane Strike that way. The text of arcane strike says that you sacrifice a spell slot, but doesn't specify that it has to be arcane, even though the feat's name implies it. At least, that's what my copy of CW says, so you can still sacrifice divine spell slots for the same effect :)

The prerecs are what I have probs with really. 3rd level Arcane :S It would have been interesting having a duskblade that was all cleric spells. And with the Ordained Champ I can channel any spell I know instead of just Touch. That would be so very sexy. All I would really need to complete the build would be a True Strike... I could probably live without the Arcane Strike... probably.

Eldariel
2009-11-24, 01:31 PM
Divine Might is frankly close enough. Burns Turn Undead-attempts, not spell slots, but it gives you a nice damage increase (misses out on To Hit boost though). Though Ordained Champion's ability to burn Turn Undead to Smite is even better.

Person_Man
2009-11-24, 02:31 PM
To my knowledge, the closest equivalent is the already mentioned Divine Might (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Divine_Might). There's also the Sacred Fist PrC, which lets you channel spells into attacks (which is more efficient then sacrificing them for a boost).

Also, if you're planning on a divine melee build, you might want to spend some time reading the various Domain and Divine feats. Earth Devotion, Travel Devotion, Animal Devotion, Knowledge Devotion, Ancestral Whispers, Divine Shield, Divine Defiance, etc.