PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Corpse hanging

DrOctagonapus12
2009-11-24, 01:26 AM
So, I'm trying to horrify/terrify some NPC guards/the party with some slain bodies of enemies, so I was wondering, could you make an Intimidate check to set up the gruesome spectacle, making whoever sees it take a Will save brought on by the sight, like a longstanding opposed roll, with the Intimidate result as the DC?

Crow
2009-11-24, 01:40 AM
You're the DM, do what you like.

There is a feat in PHBII I think called Trophy Collector. You may be able to use that as a frame. Using the intimidate skill use (demoralize opponent) would make them Shaken, which sounds like it could be close to what you're looking for.

herrhauptmann
2009-11-24, 03:09 AM
Try checking the 3.0 book Sword and Fist. It included a few variants of the intimidate skill that would benefit classes like the fighter and barbarian, which by nature should be scary, yet so often had no skill points in intimidate, or the charisma to make those points effective.

Temet Nosce
2009-11-24, 03:13 AM
So, I'm trying to horrify/terrify some NPC guards/the party with some slain bodies of enemies, so I was wondering, could you make an Intimidate check to set up the gruesome spectacle, making whoever sees it take a Will save brought on by the sight, like a longstanding opposed roll, with the Intimidate result as the DC?

I approve, and remember traditional is good in this case. Impalement and crucifixion are effective methods of horrifying people. Also, quantity has a quality all its own. Line a few miles of a road.

Rainbownaga
2009-11-24, 03:34 AM
Note that there is also a tendency for this to backfire and actually embolden those who's comrades have been thus displayed. E.g. see Christianity.

Grumman
2009-11-24, 04:13 AM
Do you get a synergy bonus from Profession [Interior Decorator]?

PhoenixRivers
2009-11-24, 04:22 AM
I believe either Heroes of Horror or BoVD has rules for this.

Temotei
2009-11-24, 04:41 AM
DM = Giant at the table. Do what you want. Just remember that you can't make the player characters do anything. Well...you can...but don't. :smallwink:

DrOctagonapus12
2009-11-24, 03:44 PM
Just as a note, I'm not the DM.