PDA

View Full Version : Need caster killing cheese.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 12:10 PM
Aright, normal game, need a way to reliably kill a level 17 kender sorc DMPC.

My character:
Grey Elf Elven Generalist(Storm Domain) Wizard 5/Incantatrix 3.
All spells of 4th level or lower are known. I do mean all.
I have a decent collection of about 30 low level scrolls and potions, as well as five eternal wands, and a few regular wands(including a CL 10 wand of Dispel Magic).
Wearing belt of healing, body and head parts of the veil set, and gloves of the starry sky. Plenty of stat boosts attached, resulting in a save DC of 22 for 4th level spells.
I have Fell Drain, Extend, and Persist as my metamagic feats. I also have the lightening reserve feat.
My saves are +5/+8/+14, unbuffed. At least, if, theoretically, I ever were unbuffed.
I'm damn near broke.

My party:
1xNoob Druid.
1xNoob Barb. He dies a lot.
1xRogue/homebrewed skillmonkey class. Good miss chance and skill optimization, great weaponry.
1xRogue/Assassin/Shadowdancer. Moderately competent.

The opponent:
Level 17 demonically possessed Kender Sorc.
Known spells on list: Flesh to Stone, Wall of Force(which he can cast through, oddly enough), Magic Missile, Knock, Teleport(or some other variant in this line), Alter self, and some spell that alters others. Contingency. True Seeing. Silence. He has Silent Spell, and can cast MM spells without taking a full round action.

In the last encounter, I drained eight levels off him, so it's possible he may be weaker in the next fight. He typically uses a Contingent teleport set to half hp.

I know he has less than 100hp, via PW:Pain usage. However, this was after a minor melee hit, so it's possible he has slightly more. He also puts out some pretty decently high save DC spells.

How do I kill him, or better yet, incapacitate him for sure? SoD spam is tempting, but I have no way to ensure that the DM doesn't fudge them, and frankly, phantasmal killer's dual saves are chancy business in the first place. Hp damage isn't likely great due to the contingency, unless I have some way of guaranteeing a huge spike in damage. Be aware that most of my party blindly attack hp regardless, and only the skill monkey rogue can put out hp damage comparable to my blasting(This is a bit sad, actually, since Im not optimized for blasting). The silence/silent spell is a real pain, as is the force wall he can cast through. Dispell ends up being used a lot, but Ive been relying on the expensive wand for the higher CL(I haven't faced him yet at lvl 8, having just dinged). My current tactic is fell drained PW:Pain's.

dsmiles
2009-11-24, 12:16 PM
How about giving him a kender spoon of turning and shoving him into a room full of liches?

Foryn Gilnith
2009-11-24, 12:24 PM
Get a scroll of Lesser Planar Binding. Bind a Mirror Mephit (Expedition to the Demonweb Pits). Debuff its charisma checks. Convince it to perform the open-ended task of obeying all your instructions. Order it to use simulacrum to make efreeti simulacrums, and order it to order them to give you wishes. Use those wishes to set up a stable wish loop, and kill the mirror mephit. Use your arbitrarily large number of wishes to pwn the kender.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-24, 12:29 PM
Fill your Bags of Holding and HHH with Explosive Runes. He should detonate himself if he spends any time monologing.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 12:32 PM
Fill your Bags of Holding and HHH with Explosive Runes. He should detonate himself if he spends any time monologing.

He does in fact like to monologe. Unfortunately, my deck of cards w explosive runes ends up routinely ignored.

I suspect that any infinite loops are going to be considered to be a bit too ridiculous by all concerned.

As for the other idea...if only I had a room filled with liches. I do have a pet mummy, though, for whatever that's worth. I generally use him seldom enough that, like my familiar, the Dms forget he exists.

Kylarra
2009-11-24, 12:43 PM
Explosive runes are probably your most reliable bet, unless he randomly picks up evasion somehow.

clockworkmonk
2009-11-24, 12:54 PM
I see an obvious solution. hes Kender, right? so set a Kender catching trap. you are gonna need a sign that says "do not open this bag" and then make a cursed bag. Or use increasingly silly warnings on dangerous things. Warnings like Do Not Bounce. One of these things should catch a kender's attention. and then its a quick death for a kender.

Kylarra
2009-11-24, 01:06 PM
I see an obvious solution. hes Kender, right? so set a Kender catching trap. you are gonna need a sign that says "do not open this bag" and then make a cursed bag. Or use increasingly silly warnings on dangerous things. Warnings like Do Not Bounce. One of these things should catch a kender's attention. and then its a quick death for a kender.
He's a DMPC kender which means his kender traits are only going to be beneficial.

ashmanonar
2009-11-24, 01:09 PM
You get to use my favorite spell for this caster-killing trick.

It's called Hammergun to the Face.

Its only legitimate target is the DM.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 01:16 PM
He's a DMPC kender which means his kender traits are only going to be beneficial.

Mostly. He does frequently steal things though. Not from me, ever(anymore), likely due to the wild variety of horribly lethal things I keep in my HHH and such.

I believe that yes, he does have evasion. Back when he was a PC, he was trying to emulate a rogue.

The goal is to kill it in such a way that it appears quite fair and indisputable to the other players. Thus, the DM that loves him won't be able to magic him back to life.

It's round robin DMing, so he only shows up occasionally.

Ormagoden
2009-11-24, 01:47 PM
While caster is sleeping CdG.

jiriku
2009-11-24, 01:53 PM
Surrender, then give him the bag of holding contaning all of your treasure. Except, carry a bag of devouring instead and leave your treasure at home.

For a more blasty approach, polymorph the barbarian into something with a godawful high grapple bonus and have the druid wild-shape into a brown bear, hit the kender with dimensional anchor, then have the barbarian and the druid grapple him while you ready actions to counterspell with the wand of dispel magic and the rogue readies an attack to be used when he attempts to cast a spell (forcing a concentration check). If you have the capacity to UMD a scroll of silence, you can automatically counter his silence spell with your own. Once you have him dimensional anchored, grappled and counter-locked, all that beautiful hit point damage should solve your problem quickly.

Other options to consider:
Fell drain the druid's call lightning spell and the druid can whack him with one negative level per round while he's grappled by the barbarian. If you also fell drain his flaming sphere and cast resist fire on the barbarian, and then park the flaming sphere on top of the grapple, the druid could potentially drain him for two levels per round.

If he pops out of the grapple, but you have successfully hit him with dimensional anchor, don't be afraid to use grease, web, evard's black tentacles, or entangle to limit his mobility. The druid can precast freedom of movement on melee characters so that they can move freely through most of those obstacles.

You really want to win initiative against this guy. Consider polymorphing yourself into a high-Dex form, using heroics to give yourself Improved Initiative, casting nerveskitter as you roll initiative, and then hitting him with shock and awe when you catch him flat-footed.

Definitely precast see invisibility in case he goes invisible, and have glitterdust ready to outline him for the benefit of your allies.

streakster
2009-11-24, 01:58 PM
1) Obtain tiny amount of Black Lotus poison.

2) Cast minor creation to create vast amount of poison, in open wooden barrel.

3) Fly over him, dump on him.

4) Watch as the kender must make several thousand saves.

5) Dance on its grave.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 02:00 PM
He doesn't sleep round us, unfortunately. I would have CdGed him long ago.

Surrendering won't work, as he doesn't consider himself to be fighting us...just "having fun" with us. No, this doesn't make sense to me either.

Silencing him won't do anything thanks to his silent spell(and the fact that I lack it), unfortunately. Dimensional Anchor, though...that's good. I forgot that was 4th level, frankly. Between that and my newfound ability to boost allied caster's spells, that's not bad. He's frankly not that fast, and I always have fly up, so it's not as if he can run away from me. Or the druid or barb.

Hmm, so once pinned, do we just kill him immediately, or wait 24hrs for level drain checks, then continue draining until he runs dry? More complicated, but amazingly permanent.

Kylarra
2009-11-24, 02:01 PM
Hmm, so once pinned, do we just kill him immediately, or wait 24hrs for level drain checks, then continue draining until he runs dry? More complicated, but amazingly permanent.
I vote level draining unless you have something better to do with your time.

wormwood
2009-11-24, 02:02 PM
Scrounge up 3825 gp for a scroll of PW: Kill. Have someone smack him once to make sure he's at less than 100 hp. Read the scroll.

You'll need a decent CL check to pull it off but, if it works, problem solved.

I realize this plan is not optimal because 1) you said you were broke and 2) it depends on a good roll to succeed. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery as to how we might overcome those obstacles?

Doc Roc
2009-11-24, 02:07 PM
I see incantatrix. How much metamagic mojo can you muster? There's a build called the Mail Man that can deliver disproportionately reliable damage. All you need to do is negate his miss chances, doable with likely just true-seeing and true strike, then force a nat twenty using Surge of Fortune. Incantatrix will take care of the rest.

Good luck, and G'dspeed.

jiriku
2009-11-24, 02:08 PM

My money says you drain him, wait for him to rise as a wight, then command him with command undead. Now dress him in a stupid-looking outfit and force him to dig latrines, fetch and carry, and do any other undignified work you can think of.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-24, 02:15 PM
Fell Drain PW:P. Enervation. Enervation. Enervation. Have the party ready actions to disrupt and use their AoOs to trip. You don't want to risk tripping the contingency.

Also, don't forget that Targeted Dispel Magic can take out Contingency.

Radar
2009-11-24, 02:16 PM
Fell Drained Power Word is really neat. Fell Drain is probably the way to go, since the caster ports out, when dealt HP damage. Still you need to hold him in place long enough, to pile up negative levels.

The most obvious solution is within your grasp: Dimensional Anchor (no attack roll, no save, no SR). It has short duration, so keep at least two of those to recast as needed.

Convince your party members (best done in secret from DM), to focus on triping/pinning down (and going for Coup de Grace for one shot kill - you could use a Defenestrating Sphere, to make the sorcerer Prone for them) or non-lethal damage (he won't be loosing HP, so the contingency shouldn't go off). The skill monkey should try to steal his components pouch as soon as possible.

If you could get your hands on a constrictor snake, then thanks to Crushing Coils (Dragon 330) you could grapple him - with low STR he won't be able to win the check against the snake. He would be limited to spells with no somatic components (or forced to use Still Spell and burn hig level slots on weaker spells). Not much, but an almost certain help.

If the caster is blocking the way with Wall of Force, then you can use Fly (also the second level swift version) to just delevel him from above, or use Force Ladder, to get all party members on the other side (the look on DM's face should be priceless).

Haberdashery
2009-11-24, 02:22 PM
You could take some Dust of Dryness, absorb a lake with it to make a pellet, then shove it down the kender's mouth. Ker-splode.

dsmiles
2009-11-24, 02:24 PM
My money says you drain him, wait for him to rise as a wight, then command him with command undead. Now dress him in a stupid-looking outfit and force him to dig latrines, fetch and carry, and do any other undignified work you can think of.

No, not menial labor...it's too good for a TRUE DMPC...
Continue with the stupid outfit, and make him dance for your amusement...:smallwink:

Radiun
2009-11-24, 02:27 PM
Tell a Red Dragon that the DMPC has been talking trash about him/his momma

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-24, 02:28 PM
No, not menial labor...it's too good for a TRUE DMPC...
Continue with the stupid outfit, and make him dance for your amusement...:smallwink:Stick the Wight in a BoH. When the next DMPC shows up, use it to level-drain the new DMPC. Now you have a pair of Wights in funny outfits hidden in your extra-dimensional spaces. Continue like this until the DMPCs stop showing up.

As a bonus, you also guarantee that any Kender will get a nasty surprise.

Douglas
2009-11-24, 02:36 PM
This depends on your DM being unwilling to fudge his saves beyond plausibility, but Fell Drain Thunderhead would be great. Each casting gets you (eventually) 1 negative level on him per caster level, and he has to make a separate reflex save against each negative level. If you can arrange circumstances so you can cast it, say, five times on him, that's 40 saves vs negative level he'll have to make, and they will get progressively harder because they are not simultaneous, so each save gets a penalty for every previous failed save.

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-24, 02:42 PM
Take as many negative energy spells as you can when preparing. When he turns up hit him as as many as you can a round. Use targeted dispel magic or dimensional anchor to stop him teleporting. When you've weakened him with the negative levels send in the BSF. Let him whack him. If he shrugs of the negative levels, did you remember to use enough enervations?

Alternatively, avoid him for a few levels. When you can hit him with a metamagiked enervation then go after him, and use every spell you have to debuff him and remove his contingency. While this happens have the fighter trip him and the rogue deal as much damage to him as possible with his sneak attack.

Final tip: teach the bard to be a supporting character if he isn't already. Tell him as many bardic music tricks as you know.

dsmiles
2009-11-24, 02:51 PM
Caster killing cheese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu), eh?

:smallyuk:

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 02:58 PM
Am familiar with the mailman build, but frankly, it doesn't work unless you have metamagic reducers, and it doesn't really come together until high levels. I do have the orb spells, of course, and delivering touch spells isn't much of an issue for me, but 8d8 isn't enough to reliably drop >50% of his hp. I will look up surge of fortune, though, since a crit might in fact do that.

I'm built more defensively, as the standard paranoid mage. I tend to blow about half my slots on buffs for me and the party, and keep most of the rest in reserve, relying on my reserve feat to nuke my way through the light fights.

Vitruviansquid
2009-11-24, 03:01 PM
I sense some antipathy towards the DM here, rather than just this character of the DM.

Within that context, my solution to this problem would be to tell the DM, out of character, that the NPC is annoying to the players on an out-of-game level and you'd really rather see him written out.

The problem isn't the specific character. If you're engaging in an arms race with the DM, and somehow you manage to win against this particular DMPC... chances are the DM's going to sic a bigger, badder DMPC on you next session and you're back at square one.

dsmiles
2009-11-24, 03:06 PM
I still say...

Caster killing cheese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu), eh?

:smallyuk:

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-24, 03:19 PM
No, cheese is to soft, try a nice half brick.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 03:19 PM
I sense some antipathy towards the DM here, rather than just this character of the DM.

Not really. We do round robin DMing, and unfortunately, this makes the second DMPC using DM. The first one is ridiculously epic, and that DM is horribly prone to solving *everything* with DM fiat. That's the really annoying one.

This one needs to die first, to stop the trend. The other one will die once Im a bit higher.

Within that context, my solution to this problem would be to tell the DM, out of character, that the NPC is annoying to the players on an out-of-game level and you'd really rather see him written out.

It's his old player character. Not likely to happen.

The problem isn't the specific character. If you're engaging in an arms race with the DM, and somehow you manage to win against this particular DMPC... chances are the DM's going to sic a bigger, badder DMPC on you next session and you're back at square one.

Nah. The point is to demonstrate to everyone that using arbitrarily powerful characters and cheating to keep them alive is lame. The more cheating takes place, and the more overt it becomes, the more the players in general support using the rules directly. There is a time and a place to make stuff up, but it isn't ALL the time.

Also, in character, my group works for a theives guild. Very mission oriented, lawful tendancies(albeit, lawful evil, but still). My character is the token TN. He's not going to simply put up with the ridiculously overt CE kenderesque behavior forever. Neither should the lawful characters. Plus, the constant "just screwing with us" tends to detract terribly from the tone of the campaign.

Random thought: I know that he's got terrible str and con from his days a player character(he took toughness twice...), how effective are stat damage touch attacks?

SurlySeraph
2009-11-24, 03:28 PM
Random thought: I know that he's got terrible str and con from his days a player character(he took toughness twice...), how effective are stat damage touch attacks?

They can be very effective, but there are a number of ways to avoid them (Ray Deflection, Wings of Cover, etc). Still, if you get one or two Rays of Enfeeblement through you can paralyze him without much trouble.

Alex112524
2009-11-24, 03:29 PM

Summon up some shadows on him? That'd probably be better than doing it yourself.

Player: "I want to try out this prestige class I found called Master of Shrouds."
DM: "Ok, sure."
Player: :smallamused:

clockworkmonk
2009-11-24, 03:31 PM
You need dire weasels then. and lots of them. they drain con. Have the druid boost them. then let them have a go.

dsmiles
2009-11-24, 03:39 PM
Honestly, all cheese aside...
If all of the players agree, sit both of the DMs down and explain the situation OoC. If they still insist on doing this, get new DMs. IMHO, DMPCs are still unacceptable.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 03:43 PM
Oddly enough, my group tends to solve all our problems IC. Metagaming characters tend to end up dead in the gutter for "not making any damn sense", etc.

I suppose when we sell our latest loot pile, an eternal wand of wings of cover would be a good buy. He likely doesnt have it though, or he'd have used it. I dont think he knows ray deflection exists. =)

Now, dire weasel collection...this sounds like a fun job, I can definitely get the druid in on that. Kobolds are in the area, so dire weasels must be. Releasing a bunch of them, then busting out str dmg rays should be nasty.

Teddy
2009-11-24, 03:44 PM

It has to be ability drain then, since ability damage doesn't stack, and most ability damage spells doesn't reduce abilities below 1 (which still is pretty low, but it tends to be a not so likely scenario).

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 03:54 PM
Good call. So, at most, one damage spell, followed by drain. Depends what I can fit in a loadout.

I wanna see his face when I dimensional anchor him, though. =)

Douglas
2009-11-24, 03:56 PM
It has to be ability drain then, since ability damage doesn't stack, and most ability damage spells doesn't reduce abilities below 1 (which still is pretty low, but it tends to be a not so likely scenario).
Ability damage does stack, and I am not aware of any spell that deals ability damage and can't reduce an ability to 0. You are probably thinking of Ray of Enfeeblement, which does not stack because it is actually a penalty rather than ability damage.

Nah. The point is to demonstrate to everyone that using arbitrarily powerful characters and cheating to keep them alive is lame. The more cheating takes place, and the more overt it becomes, the more the players in general support using the rules directly. There is a time and a place to make stuff up, but it isn't ALL the time.
Sounds like my Fell Drain Thunderhead idea should work, then. Sure, he can fudge a reflex save or two, but it sounds like the group won't let him get away with fudging 40 of them and he knows it. Make it Extended Fell Drain Thunderhead for twice the saves and twice the negative levels and still only taking a 4th level slot.

Teddy
2009-11-24, 04:01 PM
Ability damage does stack, and I am not aware of any spell that deals ability damage and can't reduce an ability to 0. You are probably thinking of Ray of Enfeeblement, which does not stack because it is actually a penalty rather than ability damage.

Oh, your right. I stand corrected.

dsmiles
2009-11-24, 04:01 PM
Maybe if you just ignore the character when he shows up? I mean, really ignore him. Talk to the DM as if the character wasn't even there. Talk to each other as if the character wasn't even there. Completely ignore the existance of said character to the point where you ignoe any possible effects the character may create. Maybe then this horrible thing called a DMPC will just go away...*crosses fingers*.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-24, 04:05 PM
Say it with me SHIVERING TOUCH!!

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 04:12 PM
Oh no...no touch spells.

I forgot to mention, he has a familiar. A cat. A cat that outgrappled the druid.

Douglas
2009-11-24, 04:17 PM
So, um, no comment on my Fell Drain Thunderhead idea? 1 round/level, every round he has to make a save or take 1 damage and 1 negative level. Get a bunch of them going at once and watch his power accelerate rapidly downwards. It's especially nasty for being mostly delayed, so you might get past the point of certain death before the DM realizes his DMPC is even in any danger.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 04:24 PM
Actually, that struck me as a good replacement/complement to the FD: PW-pain. It's even less obviously dangerous, yet, if he fails his saves, horrifically lethal.

The key is immobilizing/dimensional anchoring him first. Preferably while shutting down his casting. Im guessing grappling is the only way to reliably do that.

This looks like I may end up needing a coupla scrolls, to boost the 4th lvl spells avail. I get 4 atm, but ones a domain spell(Ice Storm). I also like to use greater invisibility routinely, too.

Johel
2009-11-24, 04:30 PM
Rather than Dire Weasel, what about Shadows ?
They just need to make a touch attack and will waste the kender's spells and magic resources. You only need to control ONE shadow and find some weakly defended village...
If we go for a "Zerg him and ability damage him", that's really the easiest and fastest option. You can even store your pet shadows into a Bag of Holding until the moment is right. The "alpha shadow" will naturally be stored away from the others, with a Command Undead spell casted every few days.

Now, if you want to do it without collateral damages, we will need a scroll of Simulacrum and the spells Lesser Planar Binding, Magic Circle Against Evil, as well as Dimensional Anchor.
Call and trap a Mirror Mephit.
Trick/force him to give you several pieces of his anatomy (nails are enough).
Use the scroll to create yourself a simulacrum of Mirror Mephit.
Pay/Kill the original Mephit.
Use your copied Mephit to create other copies of the original Mephit.
Create as many copies of yourself and your friends as possible...for free.

Granted, they are only half as powerful as you. But they aren't mean to survive. And quantity can make up for quality.
For an additional twist, get some hairs from Kender-Boy.
Then create copies of HIM.
This should make for a nasty surprise...

The Glyphstone
2009-11-24, 04:40 PM
So, um, no comment on my Fell Drain Thunderhead idea? 1 round/level, every round he has to make a save or take 1 damage and 1 negative level. Get a bunch of them going at once and watch his power accelerate rapidly downwards. It's especially nasty for being mostly delayed, so you might get past the point of certain death before the DM realizes his DMPC is even in any danger.

One-up it...Ocular Spell Fell Drain Thunderhead. Once it's in place, Persist it with Metamagic Effect...who needs 40 negative levels when you can have 14,400?

Noble Savant
2009-11-24, 04:41 PM
If you want to go with Grappling him, (and his cat), use Summon Monster. Summon Monster IV can net you 1d3 huge centipedes. That should be able to grapple their small and tiny sized asses into oblivion and back. After they're pinned, Dimensional Anchor the kender. Problem solved.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 04:52 PM
That should do it. Massive centipedes should be all sorts of fun and games, and seeing them won't immediately teleport out, giving me a round to anchor him. Then, hopefully, cast a quickened FD thunderhead off a scroll, provided I pass the check.

If Im lucky, he should actually be wrapped up killing the centipedes at this point, or wasting rounds blasting me. I only need 1-2 more rounds of nuking to doom him at this point, and a grapple on him will be game over.

Hell, I'll let the rest of the party kill the cat.

ranagrande
2009-11-24, 05:10 PM
It looks like you might already have a plan, but I'll share the strategy I would use anyway.

Sell some stuff if necessary to scrape together 1,650 gp. Buy a scroll of Antimagic Field. You should have an ~80% chance to succeed on the caster level check. If you can afford it and want insurance in the unlikely event of a mishap, buy two. Get close to him, use the scroll, and then just let the barbarian and the rogues go at him.

Darrin
2009-11-24, 05:15 PM
Now, if you want to do it without collateral damages, we will need a scroll of Simulacrum and the spells Lesser Planar Binding, Magic Circle Against Evil, as well as Dimensional Anchor.
1. Call and trap a Mirror Mephit.

Lesser Planar Binding really isn't necessary. Summon Mirror Mephit is a 2nd level Clr/Sor/Wiz spell (on the same page as the Mirror Mephit in EttDWP). A summoned creature follows your directions to the best of its ability, which would include using its SLAs.

2. Trick/force him to give you several pieces of his anatomy (nails are enough).
3. Use the scroll to create yourself a simulacrum of Mirror Mephit.
4. Pay/Kill the original Mephit.
[/LIST]

Again, not really necessary. The Mirror Mephit can use his Simulacrum SLA to create a Mirror Mephit for you. It only takes a standard action and does not require any material components. Order the Mirror Mephit to tell the copy to follow all your directions as if you were its creator. The Mirror Mephit will go away on its own when the summon spell ends.

You could also just tell it to create a simulacrum of an Efreeti (3 wishes). Or a Black Ethergaunt (17th level wizard spellcasting).

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-24, 06:11 PM
Whatever you do, don't kill the kender.

Dead critters can come back.

Weaken the hell out of him.

Then flesh to stone, rock to mud, and cast purify water. Then take one-third of the water, and drink it. Another third to dump in a river or the ocean. And the last third can be dumped on the fire.

Ain't no coming back from that one.

For more fun, do it when it's your turn to DM.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-11-24, 06:22 PM
It only takes a standard action and does not require any material components.
Last I checked, SLAs had the same casting time as the spells they emulated, which in this case would be 8 hours.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-25, 12:28 PM
Whatever you do, don't kill the kender.

Dead critters can come back.

Weaken the hell out of him.

Then flesh to stone, rock to mud, and cast purify water. Then take one-third of the water, and drink it. Another third to dump in a river or the ocean. And the last third can be dumped on the fire.

Ain't no coming back from that one.

For more fun, do it when it's your turn to DM.

Nah, we don't screw with each others NPCs while DMing. There's a list of shared NPCs, and a list of NPCs each person has invented. You need to get permission from whoever created the personal NPCs before pulling them in, so as to not screw over someone elses plot. Generally, this rule works fine.

Besides, abusing DM powers, infinite loops, etc to do it wouldn't likely be seen as fair.

Im thinking about draining him to level 1, then locking him in one of the many lead-lined rooms in my basement. We've got a rather secure house, after all.

FinalJustice
2009-11-25, 12:59 PM
Send a bunch of Ice Assassins to get rid of him? Nab Ice Assassin + Eschew Materials. That's cheese no one should ever use, but in case of intorelable DMPCs, it's fair game. I'd go with the following team of Icy Clones.

-The DMPC himself
-Pelor (Healbot)
-Kord (Tank)
-Vecna (Arcane)

Tyndmyr
2009-11-25, 01:29 PM
I'll save that for the second DMPC. I make a habit of taking subtly different loadouts and strategies every single night.

Can't make it too predictable, after all. =)

Drothmal
2009-11-25, 02:36 PM
Could you please let us know how it goes after the deed is done? I'm very very curious of what will happen (and I've had a few problems with DMNPCs, so I want to know if solutions like this work)

Good luck!

Tyndmyr
2009-11-25, 02:50 PM
I've bagged DMPCs before...if they're anywhere close to me in level, they're doomed.

I do have a pet mummy, if it helps. Im not sure what that's good for, but when the one DM started allowing baddies to raise already killed undead to send at me, instead of having them crumble, he should have expected Id do the same.

It'll take a while for his rotation to come up again, thanks to the holidays, but when he reappears, I'll letcha know how it works out.