PDA

View Full Version : Question for Creating Spells

Karoht
2009-11-24, 05:07 PM
Okay, so lets say I have some kind of Arcane/Divine spellcaster.
Wizard/Cleric or Sorcerer/Favored Soul, for all intents and purposes.
So I want to create some majorly godlike spell. Of course, it's going to take up a very high level spell slot. We'll say 9th for arguements sake.
Could one, create a spell that required 1 slot of arcane and 1 slot of divine in order to either make the spell more uber, or lower the level required? IE-1 Arcane slot LV7/8, 1 Divine slot LV7/8 = 1 LV 9 spell?
Second question, would it be worth it? It's not like you can (typically) cast 2 spells a round anyway. Unless you go 1 divine spell, 1 quickened arcane spell.

The reason I ask, one party I was recently playing with was playing a Sorc/Cleric with the plan on going into Mystic Theurge. As a player, he really enjoys making his own spells, so I thought I should perhaps plan ahead a bit for this kind of question. Admittedly, it's a bit more of a fluff thing, but balance will invariably become tangled up in the equasion, so I just thought I'd best get some opinions from people and a clearer understanding of the rules.

I've tried looking it up on my own, but I'm behind a very picky firewall here at work, and I'm not sure which book this is listed in, nor am I even sure if I own this book.

Any thoughts?