PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 survival characters

toddex
2009-11-25, 01:55 AM
Im trying to think of the best class to play for a semi survival 3.5 edition game. I'm leaning toward druid or the obvious cleric other options did come to mind though. I could really see wizard being really really iffy for the beginning, it starts at level 2. The reason its so important to survive also is because if you die you get bumped out for another player....

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-25, 01:57 AM
How do you feel about the TBoS?

Grumman
2009-11-25, 02:01 AM
Warforged Crusader, perhaps? D10 HD, a delayed damage pool, as much in-combat healing as you want and free adamantine full plate for a feat? You can always go into the gish classes later.

toddex
2009-11-25, 02:03 AM
Tome of battle is allowed! I pretty much have free pick of any 3.5 book.

WeeFreeMen
2009-11-25, 02:20 AM
Warforged for sure. However, that is a biased opinion, I think they are the Bee's Knees. Adam. Plating is always awesome.
Barbarian // Frenzied Beserker is a personal favorite.
Your a rampaging robot, all you lack is lasers. Mind you, 2 levels of fighter for the obvious feat gain, helps meet FB req. However, when you get to FB, as you prolly know, as long as you are in Rage / Frenzy you dont die..eventually. Immune to fatigue cause your a robot helps, high AC / DR / Crit resist.

If all else fails.
Scout / Druid / Horizon Walker.
Lots of running, Decent damage, Utility spells, and lets not forget the Dimension Door at will..and other terrain goodies. :]

I know this isn't optimised advice, Im horrible at it, but at the very least it could be fun ^_^

toddex
2009-11-25, 03:18 AM
Warforged for sure. However, that is a biased opinion, I think they are the Bee's Knees. Adam. Plating is always awesome.
Barbarian // Frenzied Beserker is a personal favorite.
Your a rampaging robot, all you lack is lasers. Mind you, 2 levels of fighter for the obvious feat gain, helps meet FB req. However, when you get to FB, as you prolly know, as long as you are in Rage / Frenzy you dont die..eventually. Immune to fatigue cause your a robot helps, high AC / DR / Crit resist.

If all else fails.
Scout / Druid / Horizon Walker.
Lots of running, Decent damage, Utility spells, and lets not forget the Dimension Door at will..and other terrain goodies. :]

I know this isn't optimised advice, Im horrible at it, but at the very least it could be fun ^_^

Well the major problem with frenzied is stupid stuff happening and the only targets that are visible are your friends :(

I'll probably prototype out the crusader or with some convincing.... warforged arcane swordsage.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-25, 03:19 AM
On a more serious note than TBoS, I would say some variant of druid.