PDA

View Full Version : True sight and size change

Asheram
2009-11-25, 04:28 PM
A little question about true sight here...

Say, that you use true sight to look upon a druid, wildshaped into something tiny.
Now, would you see the ghostly form of a druid, but he's still tiny?

Or would you see the ghostly form a medium-sized druid stand over the wildshape?

jokey665
2009-11-25, 04:31 PM
I don't think there are any actual rules for this, it's just up to the DM how it works in his campaign.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-25, 04:37 PM
If memory serves, many of the illusion spells specify that they appear ghostly and fake if you save against them. I presume they look the same way when defeated by true seeing.

If buffs work the exact same way is a slightly different matter, not being illusory in nature, but they might.

AslanCross
2009-11-25, 04:41 PM
You confer on the subject the ability to see all things as they actually are. The subject sees through normal and magical darkness, notices secret doors hidden by magic, sees the exact locations of creatures or objects under blur or displacement effects, sees invisible creatures or objects normally, sees through illusions, and sees the true form of polymorphed, changed, or transmuted things.

Since it can reveal the true form of creatures with Change Shape (like Rakshasas), I'd say it reveals the druid's true (Medium) form.

Melamoto
2009-11-25, 04:49 PM
Which leads to hilarious situations if you Polymorph an ant into a Great Wyrm.