PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Lore?

ondonaflash
2009-11-25, 08:46 PM
If the internet would be so kind as to fill me in on the significant lore for the Warforged I'd appreciate it. The details I'm looking for are origins, power source, anatomy, and any other significant details. Just the facts, no speculation or extrapolation.

sofawall
2009-11-25, 08:56 PM
They are sort-of magical, and sort-of robot-looking.

I'm pretty sure Warforged are the intellectual property of WotC, actually (since they bought it off of Keith Baker).

mikeejimbo
2009-11-25, 09:00 PM
There is a Dragon article all about Warforged and touches on that stuff. But it's all for 4th edition. And also requires a DDI subscription.

Edit: Here is a link, in case you have a DDI subscription: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20080606b

Fastmover
2009-11-25, 09:04 PM
Well they aren't too difficult to explain.

You see there were these Gnomes that wished to be taller and better in battle. So the designed themselves these giant mechs. Its powered by the Flux Capacitor, a powerful energy using Dilithium Crystals. When the Gnome is unable to repair the mech from the inside they have to eject the core which results in a massive almost nuclear explosion which results in its Termination.

ondonaflash
2009-11-25, 09:25 PM
Well they aren't too difficult to explain.

You see there were these Gnomes that wished to be taller and better in battle. So the designed themselves these giant mechs. Its powered by the Flux Capacitor, a powerful energy using Dilithium Crystals. When the Gnome is unable to repair the mech from the inside they have to eject the core which results in a massive almost nuclear explosion which results in its Termination.

Don't waste my time.

mikeejimbo
2009-11-25, 09:26 PM
Don't waste my time.

Actually, his version is better.

sofawall
2009-11-25, 09:35 PM
Don't waste my time.

If you want to know, you kinda have to buy the books. Warforged, like I said, are probably intellectual property owned by WotC.

I'm not sure what you are/aren't allowed to post, other than mechanics.

EDIT: And people probably shouldn't tell me. It might be legal advice.

hiryuu
2009-11-25, 09:45 PM
Don't waste my time.

And most of the stuff about them is speculation to begin with, the finer points of their make have been left a mystery, up to and including where they get souls, for DM interpretation.

Mando Knight
2009-11-25, 09:46 PM
There is a Dragon article all about Warforged and touches on that stuff. But it's all for 4th edition. And also requires a DDI subscription.

Edit: Here is a link, in case you have a DDI subscription: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drfe/20080606b

It's from Dragon #364. You don't actually need a DDI subscription to see it.

mikeejimbo
2009-11-25, 10:02 PM
It's from Dragon #364. You don't actually need a DDI subscription to see it.

I stand corrected! Well then, it can be useful even if you don't have a subscription!

ondonaflash
2009-11-25, 10:10 PM
I stand corrected! Well then, it can be useful even if you don't have a subscription!

It was precisely what I was looking for.

mikeejimbo
2009-11-25, 10:14 PM
It was precisely what I was looking for.

And I was worried I didn't do anything useful today!