PDA

View Full Version : New Zombies

quiet1mi
2009-11-25, 09:29 PM
What do you guys think of the zombie variants within the Libris Mortis... that is page for those that do not know what I am talking about.

Basically there is four variants... Fast Zombies, Fast Healing Zombies, Diseased Zombies and Biting Zombies that cause Con damage on a Crit...

How would you guys allow Players to use these variants for raising zombies and summoning them?

quiet1mi
2009-11-26, 10:55 AM
whoops that is page 173... and what do you guys think of those variants?

Zeta Kai
2009-11-26, 11:56 AM
For free? No.

But if the pay more for the upgrades, then sure. Although I'd probably ban the creation of Unkillable zombies. Those guys are just obnoxious.

Kosjsjach
2009-11-26, 12:23 PM
Looking at them, they provide some welcome changes to the zombie archetype, but there don't seem to be any rules for players to animate them. Which, to be honest, is probably fine. Leave them in the purview of the DM, because anything in the hands of creative players can be abused.

Do you really want the PCs to be able to Animate that corpse into an Unkillable Fast Hunting Zombie? Do you really? :smalleek:

(Though, if you become fond of throwing these things at your players, be prepared to deal with a timely command undead spell. :smallwink:)

Darcand
2009-11-26, 12:49 PM
I limit altering animate dead to trading one feat for another.

jeek
2009-11-26, 08:27 PM
Magic of Incarnum has Necrocarnum Zombies, which my friends and I refer to as "Rocket-powered turbo zombies"

awa
2009-11-26, 08:44 PM
sure the Necrocarnum zombies are some what better but you cant have nearly as many of them and they cost the caster hit points