PDA

View Full Version : Also, I can kill you with my brain

Toliudar
2009-11-25, 09:49 PM
Hi folks: I'm prepping a character for a game on this forum (BooNL's "The Guild"), and am seeking to expand my comfort zone, and play more with psionics. Specifics:

Level 4/4 gestalt, standard rules against dual progression PrC's.
Stats are 17,17,16,16,15,11. Yes, I got lucky.

I'd like to play a character who uses precision damage from psionic abilities. Energy missile seems the easiest way to get those attacks - multiple targets, good range (for those times I'm too far away to sneak attack). I'm looking for ideas for powers/techniques to increase my chances of actually getting sneak attack involved. Suggestions?

ex cathedra
2009-11-25, 11:13 PM
Energy Missile is indeed nice. Energy Stun, a later power, grants daze and therefore makes it easier to deliver your sneak attacks. Concealing Amorpha and its greater variant grant you concealment, which renders defenders flat-footed. Similarly, this makes sneak attacking easier. Are you set on rogue for the SA base? Most of the good sneak attack + magic/psionics classes are just that, and therefore have been banned, sadly.

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-25, 11:27 PM
Go factotum? It's more rogue than the rogue, and is based INTirely on INT. It also gets some sneak attack, and can add its INT modifier to attack, damage, saving throws, and Str and Dex checks and skills (including initiative). It can add its factotum level to skill checks, grabs spells as spell like abilities, gets extra standard actions (combine with psionics' extra move actions and extra schism actions for awesome breakage of action economy), and also gets a refillable reservoir of abilities that refresh every encounter. Not to mention lots of skill points and every class skill known to psion-kind.

It's one of the best, if not THE best passive class for gestalting with, especially with INT-based primary classes.

You've got lots of self-buffs, actions out the wazoo, and lots and lots of damage potential.

Have fun!

ravenkith
2009-11-25, 11:33 PM
I think there's actually a psychic rogue class out there on the web somewhere....

and if not, there's always the Lurk from cpsi. :(

erikun
2009-11-25, 11:34 PM
Ask and ye shall receive! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b) Also, this link. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723a)

BobVosh
2009-11-26, 12:28 AM
Go factotum? It's more rogue than the rogue, and is based INTirely on INT. It also gets some sneak attack, and can add its INT modifier to attack, damage, saving throws, and Str and Dex checks and skills (including initiative). It can add its factotum level to skill checks, grabs spells as spell like abilities, gets extra standard actions (combine with psionics' extra move actions and extra schism actions for awesome breakage of action economy), and also gets a refillable reservoir of abilities that refresh every encounter. Not to mention lots of skill points and every class skill known to psion-kind.

It's one of the best, if not THE best passive class for gestalting with, especially with INT-based primary classes.

You've got lots of self-buffs, actions out the wazoo, and lots and lots of damage potential.

Have fun!

You beat me to it.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88633
Look at what you can do with factotum and a splash.

Toliudar
2009-11-26, 12:34 AM
Thanks, all! I'll check out Factotum - I keep hearing about its awesomeness.

Any particular Psionic powers that you'd suggest to help with the sneakiness?