AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-25, 10:35 PM
I am looking into "unique" ideas.

Here are some of 'em:

An arcanist who uses calligraphy to topple his enemies

A Morhg who has been given new life and pursues a greater cause: COMBAT

A Fey'Ari with a dark purpose, using his arcana to rule one day rule Hell

A mysterious individual who wants to take Nerull's position

if anyone wants the challenge, please post a char build, optimized in 30 lvs and uses any official texts. Note: PUN PUN-types are not allowed. Each is for an Epic Campaign NPC, so have fun :P

erikun
2009-11-25, 10:40 PM
An arcanist who uses calligraphy to topple his enemies
Geometer?

Also, what do you consider unique? I've seen builds involving 5 shields and such, which were quite "unique" but rather silly. I've also seen builds with can move faster than light, and turn something the size of Australia into a smoltering wasteland.

sofawall
2009-11-25, 10:41 PM
Geometer?

Also, what do you consider unique? I've seen builds involving 5 shields and such, which were quite "unique" but rather silly. I've also seen builds with can move faster than light, and turn something the size of Australia into a smoltering wasteland.

All hail Chuck, for he is e-famous.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-25, 10:45 PM
All this is is to simply see how creative peeps can be, not be a pain in everybody's third point of contact...

term1nally s1ck
2009-11-25, 10:55 PM
The monk/drunken master who hits enemies with other enemies?

The archer with a range measured in MILES

The (Borg) Cube is very strange indeed...buuuuuut.....

Fistbeard Beardfist, IMO, wins for being HILARIOUS.

DM: You're very hurt after the battle.

FBBF:I binge to recover fully.

Plus, he can trip, grapple, etc, with his beard, uses con for EVERYTHING, can change his beard into other weapons at will, and if you get the bloodwind item, can smack people across the room with his beard (it's a long beard, ok?)

erikun
2009-11-25, 11:13 PM
Alright then, let's see here.

Class: Rogue 20

Feats:
Quick Draw
Shield Proficiency
Improved Shield Bash
Tower Shield Proficiency
Two-Weapon Fighting
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

Equipment:
+5 Animated Tower Shield
+5 Bashing Heavy Shield, +5 Shield Spikes (x6)
Buckler, +5 Defending Shield Spikes

Attacks:

Our rogue begins by setting up the Animated Tower Shield, giving himself cover along with the +7 AC provided by the shield, and freeing up his hands.

He then Quick Draws two shields, throwing them at his opponent. Two Weapon Fighting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#twoWeaponFighting) considers a shield bash from a heavy shield to be an off-hand weapon, granting the minimal attack penalities. Shield Spikes are a melee weapon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponDescriptions), and thus Throwing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#throwing) can be used to make ranged attacks. You have cover thanks to the tower shield, so you don't provoke AoO (even while flanking for your sneak attack bonus).

Our rogue repeats the process, drawing and throwing his other four shields. Finally, he draws his buckler, applying the Defending properity for another +5 untyped AC.

Total damage:
1d6 (spiked heavy shield) + 1d6 (two weapon sizes larger, thanks to Bashing) + 9d6 (sneak attack) x 6 attacks = 66d6 damage each round

Total AC:
10 + 9 (+5 mithral chain shirt) + 6 (dex) + 7 (+5 tower shield) + 5 (defending) = 27 AC, just from armor, shields, and dexterity