PDA

View Full Version : A Campaign Fo-Pah

AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-25, 11:40 PM
I'm going into a 37th level campaign. Granted yes, this is High-end, the DM is allowing most real stuff. Half of the gods are dead and the other half dying. The party is mostly evil or neutral, and I wanted to run a Necromancer-type.

Now, I plan on using the +3LA Fey'ari and classing thru Dread Necromancer with a possible cleric multiclass. My issue is Prestige Classes. With such a short list available, which one should I use?

I'll have a Rod of Undead Mastery and a set of bags of holding filled with corpses and bones and such.

I'll have 2 divine ranks and be a "Lich"

ex cathedra
2009-11-25, 11:43 PM
Honestly, at your level, no undead you create will be more powerful than the arbitrarily large number of Solars a caster of half your level could have chain-gated in.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-25, 11:48 PM
Honestly, at your level, no undead you create will be more powerful than the arbitrarily large number of Solars a caster of half your level could have chain-gated in.

the point is we have a Drow Sorcerer, a Half-Troll Half-Shadow Dragon Barbarian, a Baal-Spawn Warblade//Duskblade, a Kobold Half-White Dragon Frost Mage, and a Human Favored Soul of St. Culthburt.

I just feel like the "odd man out":smallfrown:

jokey665
2009-11-25, 11:51 PM
"Faux pas"

AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-25, 11:57 PM
"Faux pas"

thax.

Anyways, during a post, I had an epihiany: Druid Cleric gestalt.

Optimystik
2009-11-25, 11:57 PM
1) It's spelled "faux pas."

2) If you're a rank 2 divinity, you have hundreds to thousands of worshippers. Have them sacrifice to you and raise the corpses. No need to cart around bags of bones.

Bibliomancer
2009-11-26, 12:04 AM
thax.

Anyways, during a post, I had an epihiany: Druid Cleric gestalt.

Epiphany. And if you're using gestalt rules, try to find a combination that has synergies, like ranger/wizard or duskblade/druid. Both druid and cleric have the same base attack bonus and saves, so you won't be gaining anything there. Although they use the same casting stat, they fulfill very similar roles, so you'll simply be able to do everything twice. If you simply plan to alternate levels between druid and cleric, that wouldn't exactly be optimal because you'd be missing out on quite a few epic-level options.

That said, I don't have any experience at high level play, but since its an evil campaign, design a character with as many defenses and as many useful skill modifiers (Spot, Listen, Sense Motive, Bluff, Hide, Move Silently) as possible. Expect players to back stab you. Kill them preemptively, preferably via passing notes to the DM covertly so they don't know who killed them.

Yuki Akuma
2009-11-26, 05:51 AM
In an epic level campaign, the best gestalt type is Wizard//Archivist, because it lets you get three times as many epic spell slots as you're supposed to. :smallwink:

(The same could also be said of Wizard//Any Divine Spellcasting Class, but as Archivists run on Int... Heck, Any Arcane Casting Class//Archivist would work too. Wu Jen, let's say.)

BobVosh
2009-11-26, 07:14 AM
Isn't being a divine caster kinda bad if all the gods are dead/dying?

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-26, 07:18 AM
Isn't being a divine caster kinda bad if all the gods are dead/dying?

That depends....

AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-26, 10:41 AM
To Biblio: U have a point, except one thing: Cleric Buff and Wildshape. If I wildshape into a Colossal creature using the wildshape combo, then while yes druid and cleric are the same class basically, I can use Natural Spell to buff myself and use any cleric abilities in a bestial form

To Anyone asking on the Divine vs Dead Gods: No. Its mostly the Evil gods. We have 2 evil PCS and the rest, including me, are neutral. Plus, no neutral deities are included. So I could run on a Nature Deity, take War domain, focus on Natural Weapons, ect.