PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Tournament, First Round

johnalex
2009-11-26, 03:05 AM
coolgaelbert VS other trainer Adam (Room A)
Randel VS other trainer Brian (Room A)
girtleaf VS Lost Demiurge (Room B)

Post your pokemon for the battle here and then we'll get underway.
girtleaf and Lost Demiurge should PM their Pokemon instead.

Room A:
Room A is a dirt-floored room with large, jagged rocks providing cover and support throughout the room. Areas are marked off for battle in the shape of large rectangles; several people are battling in this rather large room.

Room B:
Room B is filled with water! Large grassy, and circular, islands are connected throughout with rickety wooden bridges (no rails!) connecting them. Your battle is at the junction of two of these circular islands with a bridge connecting them.

Post your Pokemon *or PM* by Friday or I'll consider you AWOL.

Good Luck!

Gaelbert
2009-11-26, 10:14 AM
Rhyhorn! I choose you!

johnalex
2009-11-26, 11:07 PM
"Staryu, heh! Go Pineco!!!" shouts trainer Adam.

(You go first, since you're the first post!)

Randel
2009-11-27, 01:13 AM
"Drifloon, its time to soar!"

The red-clad trainer releases his chosen pokemon, the floating balloon Pokemon.

Lost Demiurge
2009-11-27, 12:30 PM
Well, who am I to deny a matching element? Thinks Vile.

"Krabby, go forth and decimate."

girtleaf
2009-11-27, 04:58 PM
good old staryu hasn't lost a battle yet

Lost Demiurge
2009-11-27, 05:37 PM
Vile smiles, and rubs his goatee with one hand. Interesting choice. But as I recall, there's a weakness here...

"Krabby, Mudshot, if you would be so kind."

He glances over at his opponent, assessing the other "trainer" while he waits for his crustacean familiar to swing into action.

johnalex
2009-11-27, 11:39 PM
*very sorry... didn't mean to reveal your Pokemon, girt! I thought you were the rhyhorn. Rhyhorn is battling pineco... oops!*

Coolgaelbert Vs Adam

Pineco swiftly spins towards a rock, blocking him from view... you and your rhyhorn can still tell where the pineco is at, for now, but can't see it.

Randel VS other trainer Brian

Go, Nideran!
"Nideran, quick! Run up to the rocks and sharpen your horns, can't let 'em get dull against this balloon!"

Girt VS Lost
Lost's krabby digs at the grass by pulling at it with strong pincers, reaching the dirt below; soon he'd be able to use a devastating mud-shot attack. (Sorry again Girt! Anyhow, this gives away any advantage plus it gives Lost a permanent mud-hole. Advantages to both!)

Gaelbert
2009-11-28, 01:52 PM
"Rhyhorn! Charge that rock and use horn attack!"

Randel
2009-11-28, 11:24 PM
"Drifloon, scare him straight."

The ghostly balloon pokemon nods and fades to invisibility, then after a second appears right behind the nidoran to runs a hand over his spine and send a shiver through his opponents body. (used Astonish)

johnalex
2009-11-29, 12:07 AM
(Gotten everyone but lost demiurge, will go ahead and post for him if I don't get his move by tomorrow morning! =) Trying to move things along smoothly, but evenly!)

Lost Demiurge
2009-11-29, 07:03 AM
(What? I told Krabby Mudshot. Not my fault he hasn't done it yet. Fine, fine...)

Vile sighs, and pulls out a camp chair. Unfolding it and sitting down, he stares at the Krabby in the arena.

"You're not very bright, are you? Well, no matter. I'll do the thinking for us both. Mudshot, you cretinous crustacean."

johnalex
2009-11-30, 12:14 PM
Coolgaelbert Vs Adam
Charge! Your Rhyhorn slams into the boulder, smashing it into dust... but where did Pineco go? It's lost to you now!!

Mid-sharpening, the nidoran runs away with soft-rump left exposed.
"Don't get scared Nidoran, go get 'em!!" calls Brian, but to no avail.
Nidoran's tail is between his legs and he's whimpering!!

Girt VS Lost
Mudshot! Finally clawing down to the surface, krabby releases a powerful mudshot! -14% to Staryu!
Staryu quickly jumps to the water and uses harden. Staryu's exterior becomes almost metallic! The water washes the mud off of the hardened body.

(sorry again, I'm doing bad on this battle; though, I was gonna do a mudshot if I had to take over your turn. Again, apologies!)

Krabby-100 Staryu-86

Post next rounds soon, things are starting to heat up.

Randel
2009-11-30, 05:53 PM
"Good job, Drifloon! Now blow him away!"

Drifloon chases after the nidoran, letting out a squeak of air as it flies. Then it flips around and releases a massive blast of air, knocking the fleeing pokemon around... drifloon flies around the room for a bit before stopping and re-inflating itself for the next turn. (used Gust)

Lost Demiurge
2009-11-30, 07:36 PM
Vile grins.

"Good work! Now, let him come to you... Harden! Use the mud to augment your shell..."

girtleaf
2009-11-30, 10:04 PM
well well staryu it seems we have a waiting game we can win that use recover

Gaelbert
2009-11-30, 10:08 PM
Oh no! Rhyhorn, wag your tail back and forth! That'll show him!

johnalex
2009-12-01, 02:10 AM
Coolgaelbert Vs Adam
Rhyhorn releases a devastating Tail Wag... except not really. Now where is that Pineco??
Adam, staring at Rhyhorn as to not give away Pineco's position. "Stay put for now Pineco, lets wait for him!"
Could Adam and Pineco really be camping on this desert arena?

Take that Nidoran, ouch! -5%
Nidoran, don't take that! Run at the drifloon.
The Nidoran, enraged, comes in close to the drifloon.

Nidoran - 95 Drifloon -100

Girt VS Lost
Staryu heals, the hardened body starts to soften!
And, now, Krabby hardens! Its a *tough* battle!!!

Krabby - 100 Staryu- 93

Lost Demiurge
2009-12-01, 09:12 AM
"Healing?!" Vile seems surprised. Then he closes his eyes and chuckles. "Of course. Starfish regrow limbs like it's nothing. Well, regular starfish, the few that aren't extinct from various pokemon eating them for survival."

"But I digress..." He strolls around the arena, getting a better perspective. "Let's get some dirt in those open wounds. Krabby, another Mudshot, please."

girtleaf
2009-12-01, 05:19 PM
staryu please shoot back with water gun oh and then stop swimming fall to the bottom of the water

Randel
2009-12-01, 06:07 PM
"Drifloon, scare him again!"

The ghostly balloon fades from view again and this time smacks the Nidorean upside the head with its hands and screams at it with a twisted scary face and a helium-enhanced high pitched squeal.

Doesn't astonish (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Astonish_%28move%29) deal damage?

Also, since Drifloon is a ghost/flying type then normal attacks shouldn't be very effective at all against it.

Gaelbert
2009-12-02, 01:28 AM
Adam, you shouldn't have made me do this... Switchblademon, go!

(Just kidding)

Rhyhorn, get under the cover of the rocks and try to hide.

johnalex
2009-12-05, 03:55 AM
Coolgaelbert Vs Adam

Rhyhorn joins the waiting game... buts whats that? "PINECO!! Spin attack!!" ...but where is Pineco?

Nidoran is panicking!! He runs into a rock, oh no! Poor Brian, he can't get anything out of this one...

Drifloon - 100 Nidoran - 65

Girt VS Lost

Mud shot at staryu before a quick watershot back! Oh no, can staryu see to hit krabby? (65 percent chance he can!)
Staryu missed!! oh no!! but, luckily the water of the bottom washes away the mud again.

Staryu - 80 Krabby - 100

(good battles guys... sorry about the wait, finals week - I understand it'll happen this way this week)

johnalex
2009-12-05, 03:56 AM
[roll0]

lol

Randel
2009-12-05, 05:29 PM
"That's showing him, Drifloon. Now its time to wrap this up!"

Drifloon floats silently toward the nidoran and cracks a smirky smile. Then, its two ribbons quickly and silently whip out, aiming to wrap around its neck and constrict around it!

Lost Demiurge
2009-12-05, 11:03 PM
"Poor choice of hiding place, I'm afraid." Says Vile, adjusting his jumpsuit.

"Krabby, jump in after that five-armed fool and Vice Grip him until he's paste."

johnalex
2009-12-06, 10:47 PM
okay, everyone but coolgaelbert is ready... we'll continue soon and since he (or she)'s just against a computer we'll wait for next round for the move.