PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Template: The White Flame

Shadowbane
2009-11-26, 12:49 PM
Light and glory surged in his veins as he moved. His eyes glowed white and the heat of his body could be felt from several feet away. The cleric bent and touched the dying man's forehead. The gaping wound in his chest shut and the blood pumping out of his mouth vanished and returned to his body. In the space of a few seconds, the wound was gone and the cleric moved on, leaving a completely healthy, happy man behind him.

The White Flame Template:

Prerequisites: Wisdom 14, Charisma 14, Good Alignment

Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma

Level Adjustment: +1

Other Bonuses: Special Abilities, Good Domain, Fire Domain

Special Abilities:
-Exaltation: The White Flame user gains the ability to Exalt for 5 rounds + Wisdom Modifier per day. During this Exaltation, the White Flame user gains +6 Constitution and Strength. In addition, the user also sheds like like a torch for 120 feet in either direction. Anything within 30 feet of the White Flame User also take 5d6 damage per turn from the extreme heat he exudes. The White Flame user's weapons also gain the Holy enhancement during this exaltation. The exaltation can be entered into as a free action and left as a free action. When he exits the exaltation, the cleric is dazzled and dazed for a number of rounds equal to the time spent in Exaltation.

-The White Flame user can use an ability similar to Lay on Hands. He can heal a number of hit points equal to (Wisdom modifier x Total Character HD) per day.

Other:

The White Flame user has Vulnerability to Negative Energy. In addition, during Exaltation, the White Flame User takes a -2 penalty to Fortitude Saves. In addition, the White Flame User dies at 0 Hit points instead of -10 hit points. 1d4 days after his death, the White Flame User re-animates as a Spectre, since the absence of the White Flame after his death forces the body to go in the opposite direction, becoming corrupt.

Feats: All these feats have the White Flame template as a prerequisite.

-Master of the White Flame:
The White Flame user gains 6 Turn Undead attempts. This does not stack with the Extra Turning feat.
Special: This feat can be taken multiple times.

-Master of Light:
The White Flame user gains the ability to use Dancing Lights and Daylight as a spell-like ability 3 times a day each.

-Grandmaster of the White Flame:
Prerequisites: Master of Light or Master of the White Flame.
The White Flame user gains the ability to Exalt for another 10 + (Wisdom modifier x 2) rounds per day and gains another +2 to Wisdom and Charisma.

Gorgondantess
2009-11-26, 02:25 PM
Hum. Looks like a definite paladin template. What do you mean by good domain & fire domain? Are they gained as bonus feats? I'd explicitly say so.
Also, it's very, very powerful as a LA 0 template. I'd put it as a high LA +1. You get good ability modifiers, exaltation is very powerful (by the way, is it just allies that take the damage, or any units?) And master of the white flame is very, very potentially cheesy (hello, DMM cheese!)
Grandmaster of the white flame essentially makes the uber-rage even longer... not necessarily a good thing, but if you're only doing one encounter a day, it's already a pretty good duration- 8+ rounds for the normal uber-rage.

Solaris
2009-11-26, 03:10 PM
I agree. Looks good for an LA +1.

Shadowbane
2009-11-26, 03:15 PM
LA plus one it shall be!

I love how I never even thought of Divine Metamagic. >.<

Gorgondantess
2009-11-26, 03:35 PM
LA plus one it shall be!

I love how I never even thought of Divine Metamagic. >.<

It's okay, as is. I'd keep the feat, then have it not stack with other turn uses/day.:smallamused:

Milskidasith
2009-11-26, 03:50 PM
It gains two domains, a bonus to casting stat, and a strong ability. It's pretty powerful for a LA +1, but about right. The Exalt should damage all people, not just allies, though.