PDA

View Full Version : The Uncanny Trickster

Demons_eye
2009-11-26, 11:14 PM
So looking in CS the other day I noticed this PcR and it had the advance class feature; class feature. So if you have a Warblade 6/Uncanny Trickster 3 you have a IL of 9.5? What if you are a Swordsage3/Warblade3/Uncanny Trickster3, does that make IL 6/6.5?

I just wanted to understand this more clearly and wondered if this is like bloodline level abuse? Can you use this plus blood lines to do something really crazy? Thoughts?

Optimystik
2009-11-27, 01:21 AM
I'm no expert on ToB, but Uncanny Trickster says:

"At each level after first, you gain class features (including spellcasting ability) and an increase in effective level as if you had also gained a level in a class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level."

Sounds to me like those last two levels of UT advance any and everything, from wildshape to sneak attack to spellcasting to eldritch blast.

Wings of Peace
2009-11-27, 06:51 AM
This is the premise of things like the Bloodline/Uncanny Trickster/Legacy Champion Hellfire Warlock

Nate the Snake
2009-11-27, 05:25 PM
So if you have a Warblade 6/Uncanny Trickster 3 you have a IL of 9.5? What if you are a Swordsage3/Warblade3/Uncanny Trickster3, does that make IL 6/6.5?

Warblade 6/Uncanny Trickster 3 has an initiator level of 8.5:
8.5 = 6 Warblade + 2 Trickster + 1/2 other levels

A Swordsage 3/Warblade 3/Uncanny Trickster 3 has initiator levels of 7 and 6:
7 = 3 base class + 2 Trickster + 4/2 other levels
6 = 3 base class + 6/2 other levels

If you somehow get two "+1 existing spellcasting class" features in one level, the caster increases don't stack, so initiator levels ("+1 initiator/+0.5 initiator") presumably work the same way.