PDA

View Full Version : Need OP builds for Clerics and Rogues(3.5) anything from 1-5th level builds

JaykoMekthal
2009-11-26, 11:33 PM
Like the Title says, I enjoy Clerics and Rogues and want expanded types of builds to broaden my horizons as both those classes, if any of you have power builds they will be most appreciated

Draz74
2009-11-26, 11:55 PM
Like the Title says, I enjoy Clerics and Rogues and want expanded types of builds to broaden my horizons as both those classes, if any of you have power builds they will be most appreciated

The Number 1 Popular Trick to optimize Clerics is the Divine Metamagic (DMM) feat. Combined with Metamagic feats and various tricks to give him extra Undead Turning Attempts, it lets him become a very powerful caster. The most popular metamagic feat to use it with (for optimizers) is Persistent Spell. The Cleric can also be a melee combatant -- reasonably strong but not overwhelming if he just buffs himself with normal spells, or stronger than a full BAB class if he uses DMM: Persist.

Rogues are much harder to make overwhelmingly powerful, and a lot of the way they are typically optimized is just to take maximum ranks of Use Magic Device and buy a crapload of very carefully-selected wands and scrolls. Besides that, important Rogue points are the Penetrating Strike alternate class feature (from Dungeonscape) and the Craven feat. Two-Weapon Fighting is a popular option, too.