PDA

View Full Version : How many updates are there?

TowerWizard
2009-11-27, 07:04 PM
I thought it would be an update like every three days or so, but it seems much more irregular than that. Are there any dates for updates or do we just wait and see?

Silverraptor
2009-11-27, 07:13 PM
There is an update when ever Rich updates. And these threads are not generally permitted.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-27, 07:13 PM
*1d3 facepalm damage*

Topic is a no-no, the 7 or so locked threads on the subject on the front page should have told you that, if you didn't pick it up from READING THE RULES.

delguidance
2009-11-27, 07:18 PM
Furthermore at this point there are a couple of similar waiting to be or have been locked threads that can be seen with the most cursory of looks through the boards. At this point its not even a matter of reading the rules so much as basic message board looking around a bit before posting naivety.

Can we talk about the weather again? We just got our first snow in Pittsbrugh.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-27, 07:22 PM
Can we talk about the weather again? We just got our first snow in Pittsbrugh.

I'd much rather discuss t-

There is no mind control, citizen, go back to your fun.

Fun! Fun is so fun! Have I run this into the ground yet? :P

TowerWizard
2009-11-27, 07:27 PM
Look, I don't use the forums at all. I just like to read the comics. I have not looked at those locked threads. Sorry if I broke some rule.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-27, 07:32 PM
There's a point at which being new just doesn't cut it as an excuse.

Sorry if we seem rude, but we've seen at least half a dozen of these threads today alone.

And I expect more tomorrow, since it's a weekend.

HotAndCold
2009-11-27, 07:34 PM
Look, I don't use the forums at all.

You're using them now, which makes you subject to the rules, which are generally considered to be required reading before posting a thread. And I presume you've used other forums, where one would hope you could pick up the general practice of "checking to see if there's already a thread about the topic". Not counting the stickied thread that's locked, there are currently 7 locked topics on the front page, almost all of which are about this very topic. I'm sorry, but you just completely failed your Common Sense roll.

AlfredAmeoba
2009-11-27, 07:39 PM
"I think you failed a spot check" has better comic value IMO.
Anyway, check the FAQ before asking stuff like this, repetitively asked questions tend to hit a nerve.

EleventhHour
2009-11-27, 07:47 PM
I think Roland needs to apply the Mind Contro-

There is no Mind Control, Nevermind.

...better...

derfenrirwolv
2009-11-27, 07:48 PM
*Sets out milk and cookies for Roland*

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-27, 07:52 PM
And to answer the question posed in the thread title, "How many updates are there?"; there are precisely 690 updates. :smalltongue:

theinsulabot
2009-11-27, 08:23 PM
depending on hon your point of view. i say there are 689 UPDATES, and then the original comic was just the first thing there

:smallbiggrin:

delguidance
2009-11-27, 09:22 PM
i say there are 689 UPDATES, and then the original comic was just the first thing there

:smallbiggrin:

Or what if like it was always there and Rich just discovered it one day while surfing the web and was possessed into writing the story?

Roland St. Jude
2009-11-27, 09:39 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Updates will occur when they occur and probably not before. Other than that, no one can say.

Thanks for the cookies derfenrirwolv.