PDA

View Full Version : Improvised Throwing weapon question(3.5)

NelKor
2009-11-27, 07:54 PM
Do you take a -4 or -8 penalty for throwing an improvised weapon? I'm assuming -4 since i can't find anything dictating another penalty, however my DM said otherwise and i'd just like to clarify.

Schylerwalker
2009-11-27, 07:56 PM
You receive a -4 penalty to attack with any weapon that you aren't proficient with. The average improvised thrown weapon (Such as a mug, chair, rock, or chicken) has a range increment of 5-10 ft., so you'll be suffering a pretty substantial penalty if you huck a bass drum any great distance.

NelKor
2009-11-27, 08:00 PM
You receive a -4 penalty to attack with any weapon that you aren't proficient with. The average improvised thrown weapon (Such as a mug, chair, rock, or chicken) has a range increment of 5-10 ft., so you'll be suffering a pretty substantial penalty if you huck a bass drum any great distance.

Thanks very much, Im assuming the last part will answer another question i just thought of, you can throw stuff further with a penalty, right?

nargbop
2009-11-27, 08:45 PM
PHB 134 says you can throw an object up to five range increments. You'll have to chat with your DM about appropriate damage.

Alternatively, you can take a level of Hulking Hurler and Win Forever.

NelKor
2009-11-27, 08:56 PM
PHB 134 says you can throw an object up to five range increments. You'll have to chat with your DM about appropriate damage.

Alternatively, you can take a level of Hulking Hurler and Win Forever.

Plan to do just that, except with my LA im one level away from Hurler, i'm probably going to just use the CW rules for it as this guy will have about 3000 for a light load, or so. Thank you for the help :smallsmile: