PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) So one of my players is a werecrocodile now...

Johanas
2009-11-27, 11:46 PM
So a player in my game just became afflicted with lycanthropy. He's a 7th level human warmage, who's now a werecrocodile. Pretty neat stuff. So, playgrounders...here's my questions.

Is Control Shape a class skill full-time now?
Should I make it so for this guy, do to his lack of skill points?
I was thinking of modifying the Moon Guardian Prestige class so he could get in. Thoughts?
Can a factotum take control shape as a skill? I say yes, no more stupid exclusive skills, and technically they could take control shape in prepping for BECOMING an afflicted lycanthrope.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2009-11-28, 01:06 AM
Yes,
yes
Modifying the moon guardian prestige class shouldn't be that hard, just be careful to check for balance the way you would with any homebrew.
Personally I would not allow anyone to take shapeshifter specific skills without actually being a shapeshifter. . . class skill any or no.

I would be interested to see how you modify the moon guardian prestige class though. It would be interesting to see how you make it a valuable class to take for an arcane caster who's gonna be loosing spell levels.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-11-28, 01:11 AM
Would have been funnier if he was a monk

Swallow whole + flurry of blows while they are in his mouth=comedy platinum:biggrin::xykon:lol

Temotei
2009-11-28, 01:26 AM
Too bad the monk would fail to hit. :smalltongue:

BobVosh
2009-11-28, 01:31 AM
Would have been funnier if he was a monk

Swallow whole + flurry of blows while they are in his mouth=comedy platinum:biggrin::xykon:lol

I have a fun npc build now...

Grumman
2009-11-28, 01:43 AM
I'd say no, not pretty neat stuff: he's a primary spellcaster who is now an ECL 13 character with level 7 casting. If he doesn't cure himself ASAP he might as well commit suicide before he goes evil and create a new character.

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-28, 01:49 AM
<snip>I'm glad I can adblock your signature. Those pictures are more than a little annoying. Please put them in [spoiler] tags for the benefit of everyone else.