PDA

View Full Version : Don't split the party, is there any point

Shanty Man
2009-11-28, 07:03 AM
in getting it now or should I wait for the next prequel book and order them together

(I basiclly wondering how far Rich has got on his 3rd prequel)

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-11-28, 07:08 AM
now is the only time you ever truly have... enjoy it whilst you can

Kastanok
2009-11-28, 10:25 AM
And what happens if there is never a third prequel released? :smallwink:

FujinAkari
2009-11-28, 10:54 AM
Well, seeing as there was no prequel released between War & XP's and Never Split the Party... what makes you think there will be one before Book #5?

Kish
2009-11-28, 11:56 AM
Rich has not announced a third prequel book. I will be quite surprised if anyone who knows the answer to your question (Rich himself, and possibly Roland) will answer it, and, as others have noted, it's quite possible that the answer is "he hasn't started it and doesn't intend to soon" or even, "there will never be a third prequel book."

The Recreator
2009-11-28, 03:44 PM
If you order it now, you get two free holiday cards to go with your purchase. If you wait until later, you (might) save on shipping.

Lord_Jadawin
2009-11-28, 04:43 PM
This is one time I'm actually pleased it's hard to find a deal on OOtS books- a really good comic/game shop just opened locally and I don't spend much any more, but they carry all of the OOtS books, so I can at least get the new one there to support them.

NerfTW
2009-11-28, 10:03 PM
Since nobody knows when the next prequel will even be announced, waiting for it is a fool's errand. It might never arrive.

Now, what you could do is wait until the next compilation, which would be maybe 2-3 years away. And in that case, if you can, wait until the entire strip is finished. The compilations get reprinted whenever a new one comes out, it seems, for those people that got into the comic late and don't find out about the compilations until a new one is announced, so you shouldn't have to worry about any being out of print.

But waiting for the next prequel could be anywhere from a year to never.

Kaed
2009-11-29, 02:28 PM
I'm wondering when DStP is going to ship.

Ookoodook or whatever it is says the book becomes available in 'late November'

Well. Unless it becomes available tomorrow they lied D:

TriForce
2009-11-29, 05:15 PM
In a completely unrelated question, why

do you start a line in the title and

finish it in the thread?

Porthos
2009-11-29, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering when DStP is going to ship.

Ookoodook or whatever it is says the book becomes available in 'late November'

Well. Unless it becomes available tomorrow they lied D:

Well, they only lied if they, when they made their original statement, knew that it wouldn't arrive from the printers by this time. It's hardly their fault if the books got delayed at the printers. :smallsmile:

<pet peeve>
It's not a lie if when you say it, you think something to be true. It's only a lie if you knowingly say something that ain't the truth. :smallwink:
</pet peeve>

rewinn
2009-11-29, 06:13 PM
Rich has not announced a third prequel book. I will be quite surprised if anyone who knows the answer to your question (Rich himself, and possibly Roland) will answer it, and, as others have noted, it's quite possible that the answer is "he hasn't started it and doesn't intend to soon" or even, "there will never be a third prequel book."
While I would be delighted with another prequel, or with more of just anything OOTS, ... it seems to me that one prequel was "Where did the good guys (and Belkar) came from?", and the other was "Where did the bad guys (minus Belkar) come from?"

So, I don't see a lot of demand for prequels, except to milk the success of the comic, which is certainly The Giant's prerogative. I, for one, would like to see where the Guy With A Halberd came from.

Ted The Bug
2009-11-29, 06:19 PM
While I would be delighted with another prequel, or with more of just anything OOTS, ... it seems to me that one prequel was "Where did the good guys (and Belkar) came from?", and the other was "Where did the bad guys (minus Belkar) come from?"

So, I don't see a lot of demand for prequels, except to milk the success of the comic, which is certainly The Giant's prerogative. I, for one, would like to see where the Guy With A Halberd came from.

I've heard talk (and I can't remember if this is official or speculation) that something involving the past of the Azurites is in the works.

And yeah, the new book shipping hasn't been announced yet. Us with preorders are getting restless. *gets pitchfork*

The Glyphstone
2009-11-29, 06:44 PM
Yeah - the current characters are all backed up, but an Order of the Scribble prequel book, showing the stuff Soon+Co. had to do to stop the Snarl the first time around, would be cool.

Kish
2009-11-29, 07:00 PM
I've heard talk (and I can't remember if this is official or speculation) that something involving the past of the Azurites is in the works.
I've seen people on the forum say that it would be nice if there were prequels dealing with the Order of the Scribble and the Linear Guild. If you can't trace a rumor directly to Rich or at least someone who writes in red, I'd advise discounting it.

(Except for the rumor that people who have threatened Rich with pitchforks in the past have had their bones ground to make bread, which you should treat as gospel.)