PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CCIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-16, 10:41 PM
Kara beams at Vera, giving her a hug. Thank you for the compliment.

Sunn carries Raril over towards Zee. "I think the gnomes are a bit angry."

Rebonack
2009-12-16, 10:54 PM
"I think I agree..." Zee mutters as Raril is ostensibly plopped down somewhere convenient. She then casts a sidelong glance at Jane. "Eerr... Something like that, I guess."

McBish
2009-12-16, 10:56 PM
Jane glares at the gnomes for hitting Raril he seemed like a decent enough guy. And she is pretty good at glaring for a little woman. They might get the idea that it wouldn't be smart to keep hurting people around here.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-16, 10:56 PM
Sunn pokes Raril on the forehead, which should imbue his skull and brain with a burst of positive energy.

Artemis97
2009-12-16, 11:08 PM
Raril jumps awake. In a flash of movement, he reaches up to grab Sunn by the wrist. From this close she'll be able to see there's something different about him. Dangerous. Hateful. She might also be aware of the dagger sliding into his free hand.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-16, 11:10 PM
Sunn is quite pleasant. "Raril, try it and I'll rip your limbs off."

The Bushranger
2009-12-16, 11:12 PM
And now Shawna undeadtimes again, eyeing the situation with quiet interest.

Rebonack
2009-12-16, 11:13 PM
The irritated gnomes begin to pack up their clockwork musical contrivance. This makes all the many patrons of the tavern rather pleased. No more gnome 'music'! Yay!

Zee furrows her brow a bit at Raril.

Probably a good thing that she has gone out of her way to learn Drow among other things, huh? She's operating on a hunch here, having seen some of the 'other' Rarils.

[Drow]"Raril? Are you feeling alright?"

McBish
2009-12-16, 11:15 PM
Shawna might recgonize Jane as the pickpocket she followed that one time. Jane definitely recognizes Shawna as the woman who followed her. She frowns as she glares over at her.

Artemis97
2009-12-16, 11:17 PM
The drow blinks slowly, and comes to realize that his planned course of action would be suicide. He's quick to let go of Sunn, and is careful to make no further hostile movements towards her.

"Usstan tlun ula.*" He says, shifing his attention to Zee. His expression softens somewhat, as he seems to remember they were married and very much in love.

*I am fine.

The Bushranger
2009-12-16, 11:19 PM
Shawna would recognise Jane, but at the moment the techno-paladin's attention is drawn strictly to Raril, Zee, and Sunn. Incipient homicide tends to get her attention.

McBish
2009-12-16, 11:20 PM
Jane looks over Shawna trying to figure out who she is and why she might have been following Jane.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-16, 11:21 PM
Sunn smiles at Raril cheerfully. "If you try to hurt anyone, I will send you through a whole valley of tears, and grind you with the force of the storm that tears down mountains.

Am. I. Clear?"

Her last three words are tinged with a perspective of Sunn's age and magnitude.

Sunn doesn't understand drow.

The Bushranger
2009-12-16, 11:31 PM
Shawna, aside from her multicolored hair, gives off the general air of a law-enforcement officer.

Which is, you know, because basically, that's what she is.

So witnessing a pickpocketing might lead to attempted enforcement. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2009-12-16, 11:31 PM
Zee provides Sunn with a rather venomous look. "He was mind-raped by an evil wizard and had his personality fractured. I usually have to gently talk him down out of this and you flaunting your Cosmic Powah isn't helping."

There's no ancient age or eldritch doom behind her statement.

Only the words of a rather miffed wife.

That said, she turns her attention back to Raril again and offers a warm smile. "Usstan ssrig'luin dos tlu honglath. Dos inbal tlus jivviim."*

*I need you to be calm. You've been hurt.

McBish
2009-12-16, 11:33 PM
Ah a cop, Jane thinks, calming down a bit. She isn't really afraid of cops, they usually don't know enough to be any threat to her. So she turns back to watch the scene unfold in front of her.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-16, 11:36 PM
So Will, that one guy with really long dark red hair, undeadtimes, along with his enormous wolf.

And he watches the scene too.

Artemis97
2009-12-16, 11:40 PM
Raril scowls a bit at Sunn, some rather nasty insults filtering through his fractured mind. fortunately, they never make it out of his mouth, as Zee draws his attention again.

"Usstan tlun honglath."* He insists, one handedly slipping the dagger back up his sleeve. Maybe no one would notice it.

*I am calm.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-16, 11:42 PM
Sunn bows out to Zee- her words have more force than Sunn's did, anyways.

The Bushranger
2009-12-16, 11:43 PM
"Oh, yes, completely and totally calm," Shawna observes dryly to herself after her translator microbes provide, well, the translation.

Shrugging, she shakes her head and keeps watching, just to be sure somebody won't need clubbing over the head or something.

McBish
2009-12-16, 11:45 PM
Jane stops watching them now, figuring enough people are doing that. She turns back to the bar and orders herself a vodka.

Rebonack
2009-12-16, 11:52 PM
Zee purses her lips a bit as she considers what to do. And then... An idea comes to her. She leans forward a bit and poses a question. "Raril, xun dos ajak swariy ulu harventh l' har tir natha murrpau?"*

*Raril, do you remember threatening to cut the ear off a cat?

Artemis97
2009-12-17, 12:01 AM
Raril thinks for a moment. "Gi, xa!" A smirk spreads across his face. "Uk zhahus ji tahta."* Apparently this was extremely amusing.

*Oh, yeah! He was so scared.

Rebonack
2009-12-17, 12:23 AM
It's just as Zee thought, then.

The wolf. The Raril she knows.

And this one.

A drow of the underdark.

None of them seem to recall the things done by the others.

They really need to get Raril fixed...

*"Vel'drav dos zhahen aske'th bauth nindol p'los dos gumash naut ajak," Zee explains. "Xun dos ajak vel'drav Cal takrome dos natha stath draevalen draeval p'los? Usstan talinth ol noamuth dosst shar."

*"When you were asked about this before you didn't remember." "Do you remember when Cal blasted you a few weeks ago? I think it fractured your personality."

Artemis97
2009-12-17, 12:41 AM
The drow thinks back, frowning. "Siyo, usstan ajak. Udos zhal'la xun folbol bauth ukta."* He decides, pushing himself out of his chair. Seems he planned to do something right now. Nevermind his mental state, the lich needed to be dealt with.

*Yes, I remember. We really should do something about him.

Rebonack
2009-12-17, 12:57 AM
Zee gives gentle giggle, running one hand through her hair. Something Raril should probably know about that subject. *"Uk's wun jalbyr tresk'ri ditronw nin. Lu' Usstan inbal nau ul'hyrr vel'bolen uss ol zhah."

Whoops.

That might make finding him a little bit difficult.

**"Ori'gato udossa fridj alu delmah whol nin," Zee reaches across the counter to run one hand along Raril's jaw. "F'sarn ticondo. Usstan satiir saph Usstan'bal tlus ghil whol tangin."

*He's in another universe right now. And I have no idea which one it is.

**Let's just go home for now. I'm tired. I feel like I've been here for days.

Artemis97
2009-12-17, 01:12 AM
The drow reaches to gently take her hand and kiss it. "Asanque."* He whispers softly, smiling. He then tries to guide her out from behind the bar.

*As you wish.

Rebonack
2009-12-17, 01:15 AM
And thus Zee is lead!

To Inside!

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 02:06 AM
Thecla is curled up under a table near the fire. Her muzzle rests on her front paws and her bushy tail covers her nose.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 02:14 AM
At the moment, anyway, there's a guy wearing black and with long red hair, sitting here.

He also has a humongous wolf sitting next to him, light yellow and white colored. Compared to him...and he's pretty tall anyway, his wolf would be almost up to his shoulders when it stands on its four legs.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 02:20 AM
Thecla is just an average sized wolf. She peeks out at the other wolf and cautiously sniffs the air.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 02:25 AM
The large wolf smells like...wolf. And light. And nightmares. Which is understandable, considering she killed a lot of those Nightmare Beasts.

Lumin, the wolf, smells Thecla, and pads over to her, lying down so it's more eye-level, and sniffs her - sniffing her head, mostly.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 02:28 AM
Thecla returns the interest and uncovers her nose and sniffs back at the larger wolf. Her smell is interesting. For now, she behaves in a more submissive manner to her. She isn't interested in fighting another wolf.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 02:31 AM
Lumin, after glancing back at her master, looks back at the other wolf.

She lies down, and stares into the eyes of Thecla.

I think she doesn't want a fight either. Unless Thecla's a nightmare creature, or a wizard-assassin or something. But my guess is 'no', so no fight.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 02:35 AM
Now Thecla is curious, she doesn't meet to many wolves in here. {canine}Good evening, I'm Thecla. Her ears perk forward as she watches the bigger wolf with more interest. She's curious to find out if the other wolf is interested in introductions and conversation.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 02:38 AM
The bigger wolf flicks her ear, and tilts her head. {Wolfy}""Good evening. My name's Luminere..."

She looks around, "Do you have a human friend with you?" (/wolfy).

Also, a woman who smells faintly of divinity...and of light and wolves, somehow, walks in and sits by the prince, Will.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 02:43 AM
Thecla replies in kind, {Wolf} I have many friends, but none of them are here right now. Or she'd be sleeping on their feet instead of by herself.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 02:46 AM
{Wolf, with a slight accent of Light} "Oh. I only have one," she makes a nod/nose-point at Will.

She lies her large head back down on the floor, and wags her tail.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 02:51 AM
Thecla respectfully asks, {wolf} Are his feet comfortable to sleep on? With that question she's also asking if he's nice. She wags her own tail in return and it sweeps slowly across the floor.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 02:55 AM
Lumin, who has never actually slept at Will's feet, replies, (wolf) "Yes, but I usually let him sleep on me." Especially considering how much bigger she is than him.

A large bug lands on her ear, and she tries to flick it away with her ear. When that fails, she runs her paw across it, and it flies onto a table.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 03:02 AM
Thecla's sides heave a little in response to that, she finds the statement humorous. {wolf} Do you come here often? I haven't seen you around before.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 03:05 AM
{Wolf} "I've been in this city for a while, but this is only my second time in this building." she answers.

She then watches a cat leap off a table, looks at the fireplace, then back at the other wolf.

Unfortunately, though, I only have 1 post left before going to bed.

wxdruid
2009-12-17, 03:07 AM
{wolf} I'm quite pleased to meet another wolf and hopefully you'll visit here often. Thecla would like someone to talk to and hopefully make a friend.

Je dit Viola
2009-12-17, 03:12 AM
Will shakes his hand with the wolf-smelling woman, and she walks out.

{Wolf} "Yes, same. I haven't met another wolf in so long." Except werewolves, but they don't count.

Then, Will whistles for her, and says, "It's time to go kill more Nightmares!"

Lumin then gets up, and, with a glance at her friend, says, {wolf} "I'll convince him to come back more." Then, she pads off after the prince, and they both squeeze out the door before breaking off in a run (to see who can slay more Nightmares).

DEADTIME

Gullara
2009-12-17, 10:11 AM
Alara decends the stairs and makes her way over to the fireplace. She takes a seat and turns her chair towards the door. Everytime the door opens she sits up to see who walked in only to slump down in obvious disapointment.

Who
2009-12-17, 02:56 PM
Francis undeadtimes and glances about the room.

McBish
2009-12-17, 03:32 PM
Jane breaks out of deadtime and looks over at Francis and nods hello to him.

Who
2009-12-17, 03:44 PM
He waves back.

"I'm still no closer to working out who I am."

McBish
2009-12-17, 03:45 PM
That's too bad. Find the door that goes to that key? She says going over and sitting next to him.

Who
2009-12-17, 03:51 PM
"Nope, I'm trying to avoid looking at it."

McBish
2009-12-17, 03:56 PM
Well that probably won't help you figure out who you are. Have you tried wandering about town seeing if you find something that looks familiar?

Who
2009-12-17, 04:01 PM
"I haven't, that probably should have occurred to me."

McBish
2009-12-17, 04:03 PM
Jane shrugs. You don't seem like a poor man you probably have a place you live, should help find out who you are.

Who
2009-12-17, 04:05 PM
"Don't suppose you'd like to accompany me?"

McBish
2009-12-17, 04:07 PM
She pauses thinking for a few seconds, then shrugs and nods. I suppose I could.

Who
2009-12-17, 04:08 PM
"Thanks. I don't exactly know where I'm going."

((And neither do I))

McBish
2009-12-17, 04:10 PM
Jane shrugs, Guess we'll just walk the streets for awhile looking for anything that seems familiar. She gets up and heads out the door.

I'll post on the Inside thread.

Who
2009-12-17, 04:11 PM
Francis follows.

Gullara
2009-12-17, 04:19 PM
Alara lets out a huge sigh and deadtimes.

McBish
2009-12-17, 09:44 PM
Jane comes back inside, leaving her plot clone behind with the doctor, I mean Francis. She sits down at the bar looking tired.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-17, 11:13 PM
Sunn and Kara undeadtime. Sunn gives Vera a polite little wave, and then goes over to poke Sszy.

Kara beams up at her aunt.

Artemis97
2009-12-17, 11:19 PM
As stated a few days prior, poking Sszinyon is a good way to lose an arm. Even her own Player won't do it.

Fortunately, the drowess isn't so stupid as to try and rip Sunn's arm off. "Yes?"

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-17, 11:21 PM
"Sorry Kara hurt you, Sszy. She's...touchy about her mother." Sunn tilts her head to the side, thinking. "How can I make it up to you?"

McBish
2009-12-17, 11:22 PM
Jane sits at the bar eating a sandwich.

Artemis97
2009-12-17, 11:43 PM
"What do you mean?" Sszinyon asks, a little perplexed by the idea.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-17, 11:49 PM
"My daughter hurt you. I want to give you something as a way of saying sorry- for both her and me." Sunn smiles at Sszy's perplexity. She's hoping she can get the drow accustomed to the concept of 'kindness'.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-17, 11:57 PM
Endrik certainly won't be the one to do that. The paladin is not exactly the kind sort. He's currently sitting by the bar, slightly annoyed that Zee left while he was deadtimed and he can't continue with his questioning.

McBish
2009-12-17, 11:57 PM
Jane finishes her sandwich and gets herself a vodka and heads over to the fire sitting down and closing her eyes.

Rebonack
2009-12-18, 12:02 AM
Yeah.

Dead time can be a bugger sometimes.

And Zee actually isn't here.

Must have gotten the day off or something.

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 12:04 AM
"Very well..." Sszinyon replies, starting to understand.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-18, 12:07 AM
Sunn hmms, holding her chin as she thinks. "Lemme see...what would you like..."

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 12:12 AM
Shawna's player prods her out of the Time of Dead once more, and she looks around, deciding that she's tired of just sitting around.

McBish
2009-12-18, 12:13 AM
Hey look a pickpocket sitting by the fire with her eyes closed. Or at least someone that Shawna saw picking pockets, it's Jane.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 12:21 AM
Indeed!

And so Shawna stands, and heads over in Jane's direction...

dun Dun DUN?

McBish
2009-12-18, 12:24 AM
Jane doesn't even open her eyes until Shawna makes some sort of noise announcing she is there.

And by request of my roommate someone should dance.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 12:30 AM
A gnome suddenly springs from his chair, as a nearby pixie, bored, uses Otto's Irrestible Dance on him!

Shawna dodges the dancing gnome, and goes to sit next to Jane, and clearing her throat. "You were impressive the other day, you know."

McBish
2009-12-18, 12:33 AM
My Roommate approves.

Jane slowly opens her eyes and looks Shawna over for a minute then looks up in her eyes. Doing what? She sits up a bit but her eyes stay locked on Shawna.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 12:42 AM
Dance, little puppet! Dance!
The gnome now seems to be doing the macarena.

Shawna's eyes, a rich, deep brown, look back at Jane, as she raises an eyebrow.
A really close look at her eyes might show more than just brown...

"Vanishing like that. Very clever trick. And useful, I might add." The techno-paladin pauses for a moment. "Certainly worked, didn't it?"

McBish
2009-12-18, 12:46 AM
Not well enough. She says raising one hand to brush aside some hair to make sure Shawna can see it. And I don't appreciate being followed.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 12:51 AM
(( :smallconfused:...brushing hair aside so she can see what? *is confused BR*))

"And I don't appreciate pickpockets," Shawna states frankly. "However as you got away fair and square, I consider the case closed. And what do you mean, not well enough?"

McBish
2009-12-18, 12:54 AM
Sorry, forgot to finish that sentence apparently, so she can see the fading black eye. I don't know what you are talking about. And you chased me somewhere I didn't want to be, and apparently shouldn't have been. She shrugs.

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 12:58 AM
Sszinyon frowns, considering Sunn's offer. "I have been without armor for some time now." Her chainmail didn't fit anymore.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 12:59 AM
((Ahhh))

"They never do..." Shawna mutters, not without humour, but she winces slightly at the black eye. "Well, my apologies. However if you hadn't run, you wouldn't have been there. But byegones are bygones, yes?" She offers her hand. "I am Shawna von Letters. And you?"

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:01 AM
I had no way of knowing why you were when I saw you following me. She sounds a bit annoyed. But she looks at the offered hand and remembers her vow to herself to try and be more friendly. So she takes it. Jane.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-18, 01:02 AM
Sunn nods, pleased that she can give something to Sszinyon. "Alrighty, I can do that. Do you have an particular style you want? Squamata? Segmentata? Hamata?"

Sunn's fond of latin.

Sunn also remembers something. "Oh, and you know how my daughter was a bit odd when she looked at you? It's coz you've got an ear piercing. Kara and I have...sensitive ears."

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:04 AM
"Touché." The human-form Replicator techno-paladin smiles a little more. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jane. And my apologies for causing you to get hurt."

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 01:05 AM
"I see." Sszinyon says, reaching up to toy with the silver bauble that hung from her right earlobe. The Latin means absolutely nothing to her. "I prefer chainmail."

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:06 AM
Not your fault I was careless, and circumstances just were wrong for the time. I survived.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:08 AM
"What does not kill you makes you stronger? A somewhat noble sentiment, if dangerous at times."

The gnome has moved on from the macarena to the can-can.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-18, 01:10 AM
"Chainmail is good. But, uh, as a vampire, you're naturally impervious to most slashing attacks. But when it comes to stabbing -such as through the heart- chainmail is really just a bunch of loosely connected holes. A...well, breatplate would probably be more effective."

Sunn stumbles over the word 'breastplate', glancing at Sszy's chest.

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:10 AM
Not always, but there are times you life will be at risk so you have to survive. She shrugs. So you are a cop right?

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:18 AM
Shawna pauses for a moment, her eyes almost defocusing, before she snaps back into it and nods. "I suppose you could say that. Strictly speaking I have no jurisdiction here other than the overall Orders of Law and Justice, as the orginsation I belonged to existed in another thread of the Nexus."

The dancing gnome has the spell wear off and collapses onto the floor unconsious not too far from Sszy and Sunn.

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:22 AM
Jane silently wonders where Shawna's mind went just now. I see. She relaxes a bit glad to know she doesn't have any real power here. So how do you spend your time?

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 01:26 AM
You mean the chest rather poorly hidden by the deep V in the wrap shirt? Yeah...

"That is true. But I have always found plate armor to be a bit... restrictive." Sszinyon's martial style relied on finesse just as much as it did strength.

She glances at the gnome when it collapses nearby, but makes no move to help it.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:27 AM
Into her processormind, of course!
"Honestly? Most of my time since arriving here has been spent in a stool at the bar occasionally consuming food and drink. Things seem rather quiet around here."

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:28 AM
Must get expensive. She says wondering how much money the woman has.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-18, 01:30 AM
Sunn clicks her fingers. "I know! Hold still."

Sszy, should she hold still, will notice that over the top of her shirt and clothing, a layer of chainmail, very well made.

"Okay, see. You like chainmail, but you want to avoid stabbing, right? Watch this."

Sunn moves her hands a little. The chainmail then has a layer of scale mail forming over the top of it, connected. Each little scale looks almost like a feather.

"Plumata. Very good armour; usually reserved for generals. Should be flexible enough for your needs."

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:36 AM
"Indeed. Which is, quite frankly, the main reason I followed you..." Shawna shrugs.

That's a good question...

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:37 AM
Really? You were going to do what, rob me?

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:46 AM
"What? No!" Shawna looks genuinely horrified at the very idea. "I was going to arrest you, quite frankly, and bring you back here to return that which you stole."

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:48 AM
Jane considers it and then nods. Oh, so you were bored. I can understand that. How did you know to follow me up the wall?

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 01:54 AM
Sszinyon runs a finger over the scales in the wrong direction. "Will it be noisy?" She worries.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 01:55 AM
"I have certain...enhancements as opposed to a normal person."
Indeed, a really close look at Shawna's eyes might reveal that they almost look...artifical, somehow, in a way that is hard to define.
"I can see in the infrared spectrum - heat vision, essentially. I followed the trail your body heat had left."

((Two more posts tonight))

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-18, 01:59 AM
"Shouldn't be any more noisy than chainmail. I mean, the rings in chainmail rattle, the scales rattle...I don't think you'll have any problems, Sszy." Sunn's trying to be as reassuring as she can be.

Kara, meanwhile, strolls over and snuggles up to her mother, yawning a little.

McBish
2009-12-18, 02:10 AM
Jane nods and smiles. But you lost me in the building. She sounds a bit proud.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 02:15 AM
"Indeed I did. Hence, my compliments." Shawna nods. "I always appreciate a master at work. I don't suppose you'd care to tell me how I lost you?"

((and I must be going, g'night))

McBish
2009-12-18, 02:20 AM
Jane just shrugs. Just... controlled myself, good to do when hiding from someone.

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 02:24 AM
Sszinyon nods. "Ah, yes. Thank you." she says to Sunn, still a bit awkwardly.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-12-18, 02:27 AM
Sunn smiles at her, in her usual friendly way. "It's okay, Sszy. I'm gonna go home now- Kara looks really sleepy." Sunn runs her fingers through her daughter's hair.

"You should go see Endrik. He looks a little lonely, I think."

And, with that, Sunn and Kara are gone.

Artemis97
2009-12-18, 02:33 AM
Sszinyon scans the room for the paladin, and makes her way over to him.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-18, 02:45 AM
That is very nice armour. Is the first thing said paladin says.

Gullara
2009-12-18, 10:57 AM
Alara wakes up with a start. She examines the people in the room, sighs, and heads upstairs.

The Bushranger
2009-12-18, 11:00 AM
Jane just shrugs. Just... controlled myself, good to do when hiding from someone.

"Ah." Shawna seems to understand this, and nods. "A very useful ability, indeed."

McBish
2009-12-18, 01:52 PM
Yes, it took a long time to learn, but I had plenty of time.

Reinholdt
2009-12-19, 09:58 PM
Reinholdt enters the tavern. Besides being the super hawt human that's not the cat he once was, he's now wearing a heart shaped pendant around his neck. So many changes, so little time.

He takes a seat and looks around.

McBish
2009-12-19, 10:43 PM
Well Jane is still there talking to Shawna.

Artemis97
2009-12-19, 11:05 PM
"Another gift from Sunn." Sszinyon explains, still a little perplexed.

Reinholdt
2009-12-19, 11:10 PM
Reinholdt waves politely at Jane, shoots Sszinyon a look, and goes back to his meal, not interrupting anyone.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-19, 11:11 PM
She seems to like you. Endrik points out. Or at least she enjoys giving you gifts. Very fine ones, at that. The paladin has got up off his stool and is taking a closer look at the armour.

McBish
2009-12-19, 11:11 PM
Jane waves back to Reinholdt and pokes at Shawna to see if the deadtime ooze has left her yet.

Artemis97
2009-12-19, 11:45 PM
Sszinyon shifts her stance so Endrik can get a good look at the armor. It's silvery scales cover the drowess from her neck to her knees, the 'skirt' slit high at the front and back to alow for ease of movement. The sleeves are long, ending in a tapered shape that covers the back of her hands. Although the armor left her well covered, it still manages to flow over her every curve.

"You like it?"

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-20, 12:11 AM
Very much so. It provides a good amount of protection and still allows for high mobility. It's not bad looking, either, but he doesn't add that. Ought to be evident enough in his tone anyways.

Artemis97
2009-12-20, 12:18 AM
The drowess smiles, flashing her fangs. "I believe it will serve me better than my old chainmail, at least.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-20, 12:27 AM
Yes. Less chance of something slipping through the links. You know, Endrik might be one of the few people who isn't disconcerted when Sszy smiles like that. I have something we might need the added protection for, as well. The lich. He needs to die. Permanently.

Artemis97
2009-12-20, 12:46 AM
"Agreed." Apprently Cal had dumped an army on her front lawn. She didn't like that. Even if it was dead now. Oh well, she'd put the equipment to good use, arming the villagers. And disposing of the bodies wouldn't be too hard. There was a reason the waters near the castle were shark infested. "Did you learn where we might find him?"

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-20, 12:52 AM
Not directly, but there seem to be enough people around who know about him. And I believe he was mentioned as being in another world right now.

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 12:55 AM
Reinholdt listens in far more closely upon hearing "lich". Which is probably noticeable as he watches the duo. He's used to not having to try to listen in.

Artemis97
2009-12-20, 01:15 AM
"Well, that is hardly convenient." Sszinyon grumbles. Her red eyes lock onto Reinholdt. "Do you know anything about it?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 01:17 AM
"Who? Me?" :smallamused:

"Well if you're talking about Calublufiok the lich, I know a great deal, though not as much as I once did. If you're referring to another lich, then no not really."

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-20, 01:18 AM
He would be the lich in question.

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 01:36 AM
Reinholdt shrugs.

"Then as I said, I know a great deal."

Artemis97
2009-12-20, 01:40 AM
"Tell us what you know." Sszinyon bids him.

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 01:44 AM
"Err... that's a lot. Could you be a bit more specific? I mean, he's a lich who can manipulate fate, thinks he's GOD, is trying to destroy the multiverse to prove it, and may very well have the power to back up his claims."

"Frankly, if he doesn't know you exist and you haven't met him or anything, you're much better off just staying as far from him as you can. Chances are, you'll get away scot-free that way."

Artemis97
2009-12-20, 01:56 AM
"We are going to kill him." The vampiress states plainly. "Where can we find him?"

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 02:00 AM
Reinholdt rolls his eyes. Sure they were. "I'd ask how he pissed you off, but there's just so many ways..."

"He usually hangs around PEACE. You're likely to find him there." No, Reinholdt doesn't know about the nuke and the subsequent fallout.

"Barring that, you could always say his name three times in succession and he'll find you."

Artemis97
2009-12-20, 02:12 AM
The drowess simply grunts and nods. It was almost a thank you.

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 02:15 AM
Reinholdt just shakes his head. Mostly in pity.
He hopes they have an escape plan of some sort ready.

Jacklu
2009-12-20, 03:47 AM
The door opens and into the tavern strides Bartholomew the Bard, fresh off his latest travels and ready to assault entertain the tavern with joyous songs of his adventures. Bartholomew puts a foot up on a chair and unsheathes his trusted lute, strumming off a few chords before beginning his epic ballade.

"We were hired to cross the Orcrift Mountains,
Into the Swamp of Terror
And so to the Golden Citadel to inquire
Of the great Dragon Sage Ardaxar
The possible location of the missing
Ruby of Dwarven Might
From the arcane Crown of Power.
A brave warrior, a wizard, a thief and a-"

The tavern door explodes inwards, flying across the room and striking Bartholomew squarely in the back of the head, dropping him like so much dead meat. A cheer goes up in the tavern. The cheer is cut short as a towering monster slouches into the bar.

It looks to be a good eight feet tall and is wreathed in dripping shadows that crawl and cling to its mangy form like some kind of infestation or fungal growth. The beast is terrible in appearance, covered head to toe in thick black fur. Its head is elongated and savage, with a wide mouth filled with razor teeth and long fangs. Its body is roughly humanoid, though it bares many canine features to it. The monster looks around the tavern with pupil-less eyes filled with hatred and murderous desires. It snarls low as its mindless eyes settle on the drowess and her companions.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-20, 01:05 PM
Reinholdt just shakes his head. Mostly in pity.
He hopes they have an escape plan of some sort ready.

It involves not losing in the first place.

He is unrepentantly evil. The paladin points out. That is enough for me.

And then the door bursts in. Endrik's hammer is in his hands in an instant, and he's standing between the thing and the others in almost the same amount of time. Though it would appear we have more pressing concerns.

Jacklu
2009-12-20, 01:32 PM
The monster's eyes settle on Endrik and a new hatred burns within them. It roars and charges across the open space between them, dropping a shoulder in order to ram the knight as apposed to attacking his sturdy armor with claws and teeth.

Reinholdt
2009-12-20, 01:38 PM
"I... think I should be going now." :smalleek:

Reinholdt starts sneaking his way towards the entrance as the monster gets preoccupied.

McBish
2009-12-20, 03:51 PM
Jane walks inside. She is only wearing one boot right now. And looking a bit upset. She goes and sits at the bar.

Who
2009-12-20, 03:52 PM
Francis follows her in and occupies the seat next to her.

"What'll you have?"

McBish
2009-12-20, 03:54 PM
Vodka on the rocks will do it. Thanks.

Who
2009-12-20, 03:57 PM
He orders one of those and some cider for himself.

"Oh, I said I'd get you some shoes too."

He starts rummaging through his pockets.

McBish
2009-12-20, 04:01 PM
You think you have some boots in your coat. She asks as she sips her drink. You are an odd man.

Who
2009-12-20, 04:04 PM
"I seem to have just about everything else, will these do?"

He's holding a pair of flip flops.

McBish
2009-12-20, 04:08 PM
Not very good for winter really. Thanks though. She says with a shrug.

Who
2009-12-20, 04:10 PM
"If I find some better ones you can have them."

McBish
2009-12-20, 04:12 PM
You really don't have to worry about it. I can always go and pick up some new shoes. She says with a shrug.

((Going to go soon.))

Who
2009-12-20, 04:13 PM
"If you're sure."

McBish
2009-12-20, 04:16 PM
It shouldn't be a problem. I think you should be more worried about getting to see a doctor.

Who
2009-12-20, 04:19 PM
"I'll go look for one later."

McBish
2009-12-20, 04:22 PM
OK, I hope everything is OK. You should really look into that whole aging thing. I mean look at what it did to my boot. She downs the rest of her drink. Then she stands up. Really go get it looked at I'm going to get some sleep. I'll see you around right? After hearing his anwser she heads upstairs to the room she has been sleeping in.

((And I'm off.))

Gullara
2009-12-20, 05:09 PM
A voice can be heard throughout the tavern, "Plane shift." The voice is very panicked. All of a sudden a hole opens in thin air. The hole leads to a large plateau, beyond the plateau is a dense jungle, and beyond that several volcanoes. If the patrons were to look into the sky they would see a very large dragon, even compared to other dragons. If they were to look closer they would see that the dragon appears to be very angry. The dragon dives towards the hole and breaths a cone of fire. Suddenly a figure tumbles through the hole, and the fire follows her.

Once the figure stands up her features become visible. She is a young woman of about nineteen years. She is wearing a scandalous combination of red cloth and leather. It is a short backless dress that extends just above her knees. In the front it is split down the middle down to the naval. She also has a head band to hold back her long dark brown hair which is also pulled back into a ponytail. The whole thing is accented by seemingly randomly placed leather straps. Worked into the outfit are the teeth from some kind very large animal. The whole thing is slightly worn and burnt slightly. Strapped to her belt are two bone daggers.

Several figures race to get through the hole before it closes. One gets its hand in just as the hole closes resulting with someone having one less hand. The young woman looks around the room, "Hi I'm Nina." She looks at the severed hand, "Don't worry it was probably just a nasty goblin. Seeing several of the goblin patron glaring at her she says, "Not that all goblins are nasty." Also noticing the burning chairs and tables she heads over to the bar keeping her head down.
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/JundRanger.png

Who
2009-12-20, 05:17 PM
"What the?"

Gullara
2009-12-20, 05:20 PM
Seeing someone taking interest in what just happened, Nina makes her way over to him. Being male Francis might notice that she has a very sexy walk.
"Hi you didn't get lit on fire did you?"

Who
2009-12-20, 05:23 PM
He does, a bit.

"No, no, not at all."

Gullara
2009-12-20, 05:27 PM
She takes a seat beside him.
"That's good, dragons tend to enjoy that, and I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction."

Who
2009-12-20, 05:35 PM
"A dragon? Horrid things."

He's not quite sure how he knows that.

Gullara
2009-12-20, 05:39 PM
"Your telling me, where I'm from they rule the whole plane and like to eat and burn things. Well actually everything is trying to eat everything else, but the dragons are the biggest and the meanest." She laughs, "So naturally I had to escape, being on the bottom of the food chain and all."

Who
2009-12-20, 05:42 PM
((She's from Jund?))

"Sounds horrible."

Gullara
2009-12-20, 05:54 PM
((Good guess))

"Oh, it is," she flashes him a big smile, "but thankfully I don't have to go back." She looks around the room, "Where am I anyway?"

Who
2009-12-20, 05:56 PM
(Meh, Esper's better)

"I wish I could tell you."

Gullara
2009-12-20, 06:01 PM
She looks confused at this, "You mean you don't know where we are either? You didn't just come flying out of a portal too, did you?" She gives him another big smile. "Do you know what this building is?"

Who
2009-12-20, 06:03 PM
He's a sucker for a nice smile.

"It's a bar. They sell drinks."

Gullara
2009-12-20, 06:26 PM
"Drinks? Like water? Can't you get that outside?" She seems genuinely puzzled by this. "Oh, and I never asked for your name."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-20, 07:56 PM
((Jund? Esper? Bah! They both suck! Bant and Naya were by far the best! :smalltongue:))

Just to make this partially not-ooc, the creation that has been sitting in the corner for a fair few days gets up and leaves.

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 08:32 PM
There is a single heavy thunk on the entrance to Trog's Tavern. It sounds like a heavy metal object just collided with the door frame at a high velocity.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 08:35 PM
The sound is enough to make Zee jolt awake, sprininging upright from the pool of drool she had been collecting on the counter over the past several hours.

No one has asked for a sammich of late, you see.

The hydra-girl is clad in a Trog's Tavern apron and doing her best to be cheerful, despite still being groggy. Thankfully that isn't too hard for her.

She quirks an eyebrow at the door.

"Eerr...? Hello?"

Gullara
2009-12-20, 08:36 PM
Very long deadtime, assume she falls asleep after getting an answer.

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 08:45 PM
This loud noise is soon followed by a load of angry sounding words, muffled from outside, but audible nonetheless. A gauntleted hand pushes through the cracked door, which just so happens to be connected to a arm made of lobstered steel, and a torso, and a head, heck the whole thing is made of some slightly scuffed looking metal.

The roughly human-looking construct cast its green gaze over the bar, shifting the giant bow on its back to rest in a more comfortable position.

"Sorry about the door there," he glances back at large crack running through the middle of the door and the bent doorframe holding the wreck up. "I can fix it up."

He raps two fingers on his arm and grabs the rod that pops out from his arm slot. Pointing it at the door, he mumbles a few words in an unfamiliar dialect, and the door knots itself back together.

"Now then, you wouldn't happen to see (or hear for that matter) anyone else crashing into other objects from the street? Say, through a floating rift in space time?"

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 08:59 PM
"Six times today!" Zee replies with a wide, cheerful grin. "Can you be a little more specific than that? People get spat out of rifts around here all the time."

It's true.

One of the most common forms of PC introduction into the Nexus.

Also hilarious when they get dumped on their heads.

"Oh! And welcome to Trog's Tavern! Can I get you anything?"

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 09:11 PM
He scratches a heavy finger against the back of his head. The resulting screech calls to mind the sound of nails on a chalkboard if it were run through an amplifier.

"Well one would be a half-elf with a lot of scary looking clothes. The other would be a little fellow with red skin and horns. They should have come through the portal after me. We were fleeing from this monster in a dungeon you see..."

Trailing off, he looks at the menu and points at the Mixed Drinks section.

"I'll have one Rust Monster."

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 09:16 PM
The hydra-girl's left eye twitches a bit in response to nerve racking scrape. That's such a terrible thing to do to people. Sends shivers down the spine.

"Eeeuuh..." she shudders a bit. "Rust Monster, right."

Zee begins mixing the drink, glancing up at the warforged?

"Running from a monster, huh? That's a fairly time honored tradition. Did you guys disembark from the Nexus here, or was this just a randomly chosen location to flee to?"

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 09:21 PM
The warforged hops onto the nearest barstool.

"Disembark from the what now?"

He does his best attempt at cocking an eyebrow at the hydra-girl.

"All I know is that Warren did some weird magicking on a big old gate in the dungeon and I ran through while the others distracted the beastie."

"Oh, and the name's Archer." He offers his metal hand to the half-hydra bartender, for shaking.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 09:34 PM
See Rebo's sig-spoiler for a number of various degrees of Humaness for Zee. At present she's as human as she gets, only the reptilian eyes and tail giving her away.

"The Nexus. That would be where you are right now," she reports as Archer's drink is handed over. "It's... sort of a crossroads between a whole bunch of different worlds. It tends to be really popular with adventurers as a jumping off point for exploration and dungeon delving."

She offers a cheerful grin, "I'm Xar'cha Ezekiel Hanna Bath-Manoah. But most people around here call me 'Zee' since my full name is a mouthful."

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 09:42 PM
"I see, or rather, I will not follow this line of questioning any further for fear of learning something harmful to my sanity. Zee," he dips his head slightly and takes a large swig of the drink.

"Oh my! It's like I'm drinking drain cleaner. Do you know of any major mortal around here that they could have come through? Mine seems to have disappeared as soon as it ejected me."

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 09:49 PM
Zee purses her lips a bit, considering that question. Major portals? Like a fixed portal?

None that she knows of right off hand...

Well.

There was that big one that used to lead to the Mist Spire.

But it was taken down a long time ago.

"I dunno... I don't know of people using any gates around here. Usually they just arrive by foot or teleportation magic or something."

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 09:52 PM
"Well, how about anyone who could open a portal to, let's say, a fixed position hundreds of meters underground in another plane?"

"That person would of course receive a fair share of anything I could loot from the monster or the dungeon," he adds.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 10:02 PM
"Hmmm..." Zee considers that next question now. Good question, really. She can't make portals. Though... "I know this lady named Decker that's really good at creation portals. She could probably do it. But I have no idea where she lives. And it's always possible that someone with that skill might walk through the door at just this moment."

She glances at the door expectantly.

Flabbicus
2009-12-20, 10:08 PM
The level of expectation filling the room gives rise to an effect, but not the intended one. The door creaks open and through it enters– a tiny little kobold. The look of expectation on Archer and Zee's faces causes the little kobold a lot of discomfort, and it scurries back out.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 10:19 PM

Yeah.

Nothing.

"Huh..." Zee rubs the back of her head absently. "Usually that works. Some other adventurer will show up right on time to help out with an obviously advertised quest."

A shrug at this point. Then a curious look at the warforged. "Do you know the name of the dungeon you were in?"

celtois
2009-12-20, 10:21 PM
(Darn I missed my cue. :smallwink: sorry about that.) :smallbiggrin:

A dirty looking little man with scars covering his body enters the tavern, his teeth are yellowed and one is chipped and he smells like he hasn't had a bath in a week, he's far from a pretty specimen, but he's wearing light armor and has a short sword and club strapped to either hip. He looks like a rough a tumble sort.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 10:46 PM
Oop.

Looks like Flabbeh left.

Ah well.

Zee waves cheerfully at the newcomer. "Hiya! Welcome to Trog's Tavern! Can I get you anything?"

The peppy, bouncy hydra-girl behind the counter is presently (mostly) human and clad in a Trog's Tavern apron.

celtois
2009-12-20, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I think you can get me something. How about, hmmm, he chews his dirt coated lip thoughtfully. Something strong to drink. Errr yeah something strong.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 11:07 PM
A grin sloooowly spreads across Zee's face. "Exactly how strong are we talking here?"

Trog's has got strong.

And then it has strong.

celtois
2009-12-20, 11:13 PM
Well da boss said to get im something real strong, so real strong, and one for me to. He smirks baring his disgusting yellow teeth.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 11:28 PM
"Hoo... okay. Don't say I didn't warn you!" and with that Zee begins whipping up a pair of Dragon's Liver Busters.

Dun dun dun!

"So! Do you live here in the city? From out of town?"

celtois
2009-12-20, 11:35 PM
My boss is da man, he rules inside or our little piece of it anyways. He rubs his mess hair.

McBish
2009-12-20, 11:40 PM
Jane walks downstairs from her room. Her black eye is all but gone, and the wounds on her palms are fairly well healed, but now she seems to be missing her boots.

Jane is a small women just under 5 feet tall, and weighing probably no more then 100 pounds. Her black hair is cut in a short bob and she sits down at the bar.

Rebonack
2009-12-20, 11:47 PM
"Ah, I see," Zee nods in reply. Sounds like a crime lord. Not many of those left what with the crazy people with death rays running around acting like they own the place. She sets the two glasses of booze on the counter. "Here you go!"

celtois
2009-12-20, 11:49 PM
Hey I really shoun't be sain but dank ya He leaves a golden coin in the counter and takes the two drinks.

McBish
2009-12-20, 11:52 PM
Jane glances at the man with the two drinks.

wxdruid
2009-12-20, 11:55 PM
Thecla pads over to sniff at Jane's feet.

blackouttwo
2009-12-20, 11:55 PM
Lucas shakes off his deadtime again, and decides to doodle on his notepad for a bit.

celtois
2009-12-20, 11:56 PM
He's quite short and not particularly good looking his has yellowed teeth and smells like he hasn't washed in months. He looks pretty rough and tumble and he leers at her on his way past.

McBish
2009-12-20, 11:57 PM
Jane turns her attention away from the man to the wolf who came over to sniff her feet. There is not much of a scent there, though it does smell a bit like snow. And they are pretty cold.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:00 AM
Thecla looks up at Jane and tilts her head to one side. Now she's wondering if it's snowed outside, she hasn't been outside since she got here. She also wonders if Jane is friendly...so she pushes her nose closer, as if asking for a petting/scratching.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:03 AM
Jane stares for a bit, she never had a pet dog. Most of her encounters with dogs are guard dogs. She slowly reaches out to pat the top of Thelca's head not really sure what to do.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:04 AM
Thecla carefully nudges her hand, encouraging her to continue as her tail begins to wag. She doesn't show her teeth or try to lick her.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:06 AM
Jane smiles a bit nervous still but slowly she starts to scratch and pet Thecla.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:15 AM
Thecla's tail wags harder and she obviously appreciates the attention. If she can, she'll put her head in Jane's lap.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:19 AM
Jane smiles becomes more relaxed and real as Thecla's head goes into her lap. She keeps petting the wolf with both hands obviously enjoying giving attention to this wolf.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:22 AM
She's lucky that she's sitting in a chair, or Thecla'd be in her lap... Thecla settles on her haunches, head resting on Jane's lap. Her tail sweeps across the floor as she closes her eyes in bliss.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:28 AM
Jane might not mind that at all. She seems to be really be needing this comfort and actually liking this a whole lot. She keeps scratching and petting for as long as Thecla wants.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:32 AM
Once all the itches behind her ears are taken care of, she flops on the floor next to Jane's chair and exposes her belly to be scratched. All four feet are in the air and she's giving Jane one of those hopeful looks.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:33 AM
Jane smiles and gets out of her chair to sit next to Thecla and starts to scratch her belly. Someone watching might think that Jane looks a lot younger then she normally looks.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:40 AM
Thecla wriggles enthusiastically, it feels so good and she's feeling wonderful. When she's finally had enough, she rolls over and she'll try to give Jane slobbery wolf kisses and climb in her lap.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:43 AM
Jane actually giggles a bit as she gets the slobbery kiss. She hugs Thecla as the wolf climbs into her lap.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:47 AM
Thecla now knows that Jane is a friend of hers and she gives her a wolf type hug back and works on taking up all the possible room in her lap.

McBish
2009-12-21, 12:51 AM
There isn't a whole lot of room in Jane's little lap. But Jane doesn't object to the large wolf getting into her lap. She sort of cuddles with Thecla.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-21, 12:51 AM
The monster's eyes settle on Endrik and a new hatred burns within them. It roars and charges across the open space between them, dropping a shoulder in order to ram the knight as apposed to attacking his sturdy armor with claws and teeth.

Fortunately for Endrik, he knows how to deal with such a thing. He plants the hammer on the floor and angles it towards the creature, bracing himself for the impact.

Endrik's hammer has a large spike on both ends.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 12:59 AM
Thecla thinks her lap is just right and although she might hang out over the edge a little, she's more than willing to cover Jane in wolf fur and give her slobbery wolf kisses.

McBish
2009-12-21, 01:00 AM
Jane smiles and leans to whisper something in Thecla's ear. Thanks. I needed this.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 01:04 AM
*lick* in reply and a warm hug from Thecla before she settles comfortably. She probably looks funny because she's on her back with her feet in the air and taking up all of Jane's lap, but, she loves it.

McBish
2009-12-21, 01:06 AM
Jane smiles and leans back resting her head against the bar. She continues to stroke and rub Thecla's belly as she closes her eyes.

Artemis97
2009-12-21, 01:14 AM
"Endrik!" Sszinyon shouts in alarm as the action starts up again. She draws a sword and waits for an opening.

Jacklu
2009-12-21, 01:16 AM
The beast charges straight into the hammer, and through it. Or, rather, the hammer passes harmlessly through its body as if passing through so much smoke and shadows. Endrik, on the other hand, does not. The beast is moving with enough force to quite possibly send the paladin flying.

wxdruid
2009-12-21, 01:17 AM
Thecla gets comfy and closes her own eyes, willing to stay right there as long as Jane wants to let her.

McBish
2009-12-21, 01:20 AM
Well it seems like she can stay for a good long time as Jane falls asleep/deadtimed for the night.

Destro_Yersul
2009-12-21, 01:34 AM
Well that's very curious. The paladin was not expecting that. He's knocked back into a table, having been quite unable to brace himself enough for something that went through his hammer. It may or may not be painfully impaled by the spikes on his armour in the process of body slamming him, though.

Endrik mutters something, and the head of the hammer blazes to life, white light streaming from the metal. Let's hope Sszy doesn't touch it. He raises it again, and a beam of the light strikes out at the monster.

Jacklu
2009-12-21, 01:44 AM
The beast is impaled on the spikes but it hardly seems to notice or care. Thick, black blood runs from the wounds. The creature yowls when hit with the beam of light, staggering back a few steps. It shields its face with an arm and grabs a table with its free one, swinging the heavy wooden object and sending it flying at Endrik.

Artemis97
2009-12-21, 01:49 AM
Sszinyon leaps forward, between Endrik and the beast. She knocks the table aside, sending it crashing agaist the wall, and stands, her silver blade aimed towards the monster.

Also...

NEW THREAD! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7544793#post7544793)