PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a build[3.5]

BenTheJester
2009-11-29, 01:59 AM
I need to make a character for an upcoming game, and, besides the rough outline of what I want, I have no idea where to start.

The roles are pretty much all covered except Scouting/Divining/Tracking, and buffing could get a little help as well.

We have no idea at what level the game will start, but I like to plan up to level 20 anyway.

Pretty much everything is allowed except that we can't take classes from core, including variants of these classes (Everything else from core is fine though). Setting stuff is on case-to-case, and I'd rather not use it unless it is required for a particular concept.

I also want this character to be rely a lot on Luck effects.
So, I was thinking I could make some kind of Scout(the class), along with some levels in Fortune's Friend, with an access to the Luck domain's Granted power as well as some form of divination.

The party composition is:
-An Hexblade with a level in spellthief
-A Beguiler
-A Dread Necromancer
-A Dragonfire Adept

All fairly optimized.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-11-29, 04:38 AM
You could make a Beguiler from PH2, which would likely complement the current party quite nicely. Maybe go into Fatespinner, though you'd probably be better off staying mostly single-classed for better skills. There are also a lot of luck-related feats in Complete Scoundrel, but I've never really taken a close look at them so I don't know if they're worthwhile. In any case, be sure to get the feat Darkstalker from Lords of Madness, which keeps hide and move silently from being overridden by other types of extraordinary senses.

Eldariel
2009-11-29, 05:45 AM
Cloistered Cleric or Druid could perfectly cover all the roles you need. A more martial option would be Mystic Ranger Swift Hunter with Sword of the Arcane Order. All of the above can cover scouting, divining and some degree of buffing. Oh, and fighting. All of the above are solid warriors.

Cleric offers Luck domain for that feel (and a very solid power), Druid...well, that falls by the wayside but since you don't really need feats all that much, you can afford to invest in them and Scout/Mystic Ranger Swift Hunter has the feel if not the feats; it cannot afford either, but it seems like the best fit otherwise.

Darrin
2009-11-29, 08:50 AM
The roles are pretty much all covered except Scouting/Divining/Tracking, and buffing could get a little help as well.

Scout 4/Ranger 16 with Swift Hunter covers about 2.5 of those. If you have access to Mystic Ranger (Dragon #336/Crystalkeep) and Sword of the Arcane Order (Champions of Valor), then you've got all three roles covered with +5 Holy Pillow of Suffocation.

Pretty much everything is allowed except that we can't take classes from core, including variants of these classes (Everything else from core is fine though). Setting stuff is on case-to-case, and I'd rather not use it unless it is required for a particular concept.

Huh. So no Ranger, then, mystic or otherwise.

I also want this character to be rely a lot on Luck effects. So I was thinking I could make some kind of Scout(the class), along with some levels in Fortune's Friend, with an access to the Luck domain's Granted power as well as some form of divination.

Hmm. Scout 5/Dragon Devotee 5/Unseen Seer 10 gets you 8d6 skirmish damage and 4th level arcane spells. You could squeeze in maybe... Scout 5/Fortune's Friend 4/Dragon Devotee 4/Unseen Seer 7.

Thurbane
2009-11-29, 03:39 PM
Scout/Temple Raider of Olidimarra?