PDA

View Full Version : Alter ego (campaign/rpg idea)

Ichneumon
2009-11-29, 03:07 AM
So, I have this idea for a homebrew game in which the characters are all "imagenary friends" or "different personalties" of 1 person. So, multiple individuals in 1 body. One players would be the native personality, and most likely he or she would be in full control over the body at the start of the game. The other players however, appear soon and problems start to arrive..

All personalities can see each other, when they choose to manifest, and can communicate and interact. However only 1 has control over the body and can therefore interact with the physical world (and when he or she talks to the other personalities, she also talks in the physical world). Characters can however take control for a short moment and try to keep it.

The body would need to have its own stats and each character would have stats for knowledge and social skills. Each character would also have something like a stamina score that would be used to determine whether or not it can take control over the body and if it can manifest and perceive what the body is doing. (If a character is weakened enough by either the other players or something else, they become "uncontious"). They'd also need some kind of force of will score used to take control and such.

A game like this would work better I think with characters with fundamentally different personalities and even allignments.

It needs more development, but what do you think?

Dogmantra
2009-11-29, 09:35 AM
This reminds me an awful lot of Everyone is John (http://wso.williams.edu/~msulliva/campaigns/john/index.html). It's still different enough to warrant making it though. Sounds like fun.

Ichneumon
2009-11-29, 12:36 PM
This reminds me an awful lot of Everyone is John (http://wso.williams.edu/~msulliva/campaigns/john/index.html). It's still different enough to warrant making it though. Sounds like fun.

Wow, I never heard of that. That's almost exactly what I was going for.

Edwin
2009-11-29, 12:40 PM
Opposed wisdom checks for taking control of the body, maybe?

That is, assuming this has anything to do with dnd, which is not given.

So what sort of system are we basing this on? :smallsmile:

Ichneumon
2009-11-29, 02:43 PM
I was planning on using a very simplified version of d20 D&D, so with the standard skills and feat and such. I'd need to devide skills into 2 categories: Body skillls (skills that depend fully on the body) and skills that depend on knowledge and personality. I'd also need to do the same for abilities, although that's a lot more easy.