PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Feats? PHBII

Zain
2009-11-29, 12:04 PM
So how do theses feats stack up against the TOB? Would you use them in a game? Good or traps for the less-suave? I cannot tell.

Thank you in advance

Khaeta
2009-11-29, 12:06 PM
Hmm...I dunno about PCs, but I'm making an awesome villain centered around non-magic battlefield control using the Mad Alchemist feat combined with caltrops and modified lantern oil and nonesuch.

sonofzeal
2009-11-29, 12:09 PM
Shock Trooper and Combat Brute from CW are both solid and popular fighter options. Tactical Feats in general are great for fighters and can give them a significant boost.

The problem with comparing them to ToB is that I've seen ToB characters who also have Tactical Feats.

Zain
2009-11-29, 12:13 PM
So a Knight, using Blood-Spiked Charger, would not fail horribly :smallbiggrin:

Boci
2009-11-29, 12:15 PM
So a Knight, using Blood-Spiked Charger, would not fail horribly :smallbiggrin:

Knight is a decent class, but slightly underpowered compared to tier 3 ones. And I'm pretty sure Blood-Spiked Charger is one of the weaker tactical feats. So no, not horribly.

Zain
2009-11-29, 12:18 PM
Knight is a decent class, but slightly underpowered compared to tier 3 ones. And I'm pretty sure Blood-Spiked Charger is one of the weaker tactical feats. So no, not horribly.

which one whould you use then?:smallconfused:

Yukitsu
2009-11-29, 01:22 PM
The only ones I've ever seen in use are shock trooper and sometimes elusive target. The rest cost too much for too little.

AslanCross
2009-11-29, 05:29 PM
The only ones I've ever seen in use are shock trooper and sometimes elusive target. The rest cost too much for too little.

Shock Trooper is from Complete Warrior, not PHB2.

OP: Most of the PHB2 tactical feats are pretty mediocre. It's probable to put together a build, but these guys aren't anywhere near Shock Trooper.

Against TOB, none of these TacFeats are particularly amazing.

ken-do-nim
2009-11-29, 08:26 PM
I've used Elusive Target from CW. Had to tone it down to first attack from dodge target allows use of mobility feat (i.e. +4 to ac) without flank penalties instead of auto-miss.

arguskos
2009-11-29, 08:28 PM
Hmm...I dunno about PCs, but I'm making an awesome villain centered around non-magic battlefield control using the Mad Alchemist feat combined with caltrops and modified lantern oil and nonesuch.
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7405911#post7405911) post may be of use to you.

Also, as to Tac Feats themselves, if we're talking about Shock Trooper, why isn't Combat Brute in there too, it's plenty strong as well.

The PHB2 Tac Feats sorta suck, though, they're amusing additions to a character. I personally find Blood Spiked Charger to be fun, as is Combat Cloak Expert.

Akal Saris
2009-11-29, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I like Blood Spiked Charger as well, though the two weapon focus requirements are just too harsh for its benefits.

arguskos
2009-11-29, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I like Blood Spiked Charger as well, though the two weapon focus requirements are just too harsh for its benefits.
Honestly, it wouldn't be unreasonable for the DM to knock those together into a single "Weapon Focus (spiky stuff)" feat. It'd still be a crappy feat, but it wouldn't suck AS hard.