PDA

View Full Version : Ashmoor(IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Emlyn
2009-11-29, 01:33 PM
Fate is a funny thing. It weaves itself into the smallest of details, affecting everything that encounters it. But fate is never constant, it only influences. Why these five people were brought together, none could say. Only time would tell.

For various reasons, you all find yourselves in the palace today. Some were looking for help, others for work. In the end each of you was directed to this one desk, were you find yourselves now. This desk is in charge of assigning adventuring parties work and keeping them occupied so they don't cause trouble. As each of you is in need of work, this is one of the few well paying options that's legal. Besides, each of you has been promised something if you agree to help.

Please read only yours so each person can reveal as much as they wish.

Venge

This is your chance to prove yourself and finally do something with your life. In addition, you will be able to secure the funds to pay of the gamblers you owe.

Devion

Recently, it was noticed that you had control of magic. You were offered either imprisonment or a chance to server the palace. If you agreed to the later, you would be given a full magic license and all past transgressions would be removed.

Lucan

The city guard found no leads and the case for your parents killer was quickly closed. However, after asking around the palace long enough, you discovered that some evidence had been found. You have been offered the evidence in return for your service in this particular task.

Stasi

Several days ago, a note was left on your door. It read only that if you sought employment in the palace and completed a task, you would be given information regrading the humans that attacked your tutor.

Athalmir

The search for your brother has gone nowhere. The city guard refuses to help. Anyone you talk to in the palace directs you elsewhere. Your lucky if they actually direct you to a real office. However, yesterday a man approached you and said that you would be given assistance if you agreed to help in a small task. If you were interested, come to the palace tomorrow. He vanished back into the crowd before you could ask questions.

The women manning the counter says, "Ahh, your all finally here. As I'm sure your aware, each of you was selected for this particular task. Please head through the door behind me and take a seat. You will be given further instructions inside."

The room you are in is small, but comfortable. Five chairs line the walls and there is a door in one of the corners. Looks like you may as well get comfortable and get to know each other...

GreenMuffin
2009-11-29, 04:52 PM
Lucan's face is set. As he walks into the room a smile appears. His hair is cut short with a knife and sits untidily on his head. His green eyes quickly look over his companions. He brushes some dirt off of his tunic. He walks over to the farthest chair from him. He sits, crosses his legs, and leans back in the chair. He lightly drums his fingers against the arm of the chair. His reward was much worth whatever they wanted him to do. Nothing could be that much worse then the outcast land.

Kaolins
2009-11-29, 06:50 PM
Staci

Staci wanders into the room and looks around slowly. A glowing, almost transparent blue falcon rests on her shoulder and chirps nervously.

Taking a quick glance at the others that wandered into the room, Staci lets out a breath of relief, this isn't turning out as bad as she had anticipated it to be.

Pulling a chair out and sitting down, she looks around the room one more time...
"So.. Uh... Hm... I'm Staci...." She stammers out. Not so much in a nervous tone, so much as a voice that hasn't been used in awhile.

WarBrute
2009-11-29, 11:52 PM
Devion

A halfling walks confidently into the the room. His dress is rather poor in nature and his face is smudged with dirt. Despite this there was something alluring about the small man. His deep brown shaggy hair sat perfectly around his face. He had heterochomia, one ice pale blue eye, another a deep forest green, both of which were vibrant and full of life

"Hello, all. Looks like we will be working together, huh?" His walked across the room and plopped right into a chair like he owned the place.

kieza
2009-11-30, 04:38 AM
Athalmir

An eladrin enters fourth, wearing thick leathers under a long faun-colored coat. She is alert and examines the room before seating herself carefully. While she smiles briefly upon entering the room, she cannot hide the fact that she is ill at ease here, and she also seems careworn, as though troubled by some burden. After seating herself, she bows her head slightly and introduces herself with a simple "Greetings, fellow wanderers" before turning her attention to the door.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-30, 03:46 PM
A tiefling, with a dim hallow around his head enters the room. When you look at it, it disappears, and only when you can just barely see him, he reappears, dimly. He takes a seat next the eladrin. He studies her for a moment. You look tense... I'm Venge. Anyway, is something wrong? He shows a small smile, and turns away all of a sudden; his mind is wandering elsewhere.

He turns to the rest of the adventures So, looks like we're going to be seeing a lot of each other for a while. I'm Venge. He smiles, and looks around at the different adventures.

WarBrute
2009-11-30, 04:38 PM
Devion

The halfling kicked his legs over the arm of the chair and looked over at Venge. "Well if we are going to get to know each other, an exchange of names would be in order, hmm. Mine is Devion, just Devion."

GreenMuffin
2009-11-30, 07:22 PM
Mine is Lucan. He says quickly. He begins to stamp his foot in impatience for the entrance of whoever was hiring them.

Emlyn
2009-11-30, 09:36 PM
The door opens and a tall human walks through. He wears well made robes, tailored to fit. He scans each of you, and then says, "Well, it seems you have all arrived. I'm sure you are wondering why you have been called here. None of you know each other, you have nothing in common except you each have been offered something that you could hardly refuse. Well the price for that boon, is one task. I am a adviser to the king and there is a matter that you can be of assistance with. We need people who are not known around the city, the guard is too conspicuous and the guilds, well they are the guilds. There are disturbing rumors of a cult pervading the Outcast area. While this would not be cause for concern, there have been, incidents. Infiltrate the cult, I don't care how and find out what they are up to. This is the name of a contact in a bar in the outcast district. Do not return until this is done." He hands the slip of paper to Lucan and leaves the room.

WarBrute
2009-11-30, 09:51 PM
Devoin

Well, that doesn't seem so hard." The halfling said lazily. "I mean.. the slums are just one step above the outcast district. It shall be an easy transition for me."

GreenMuffin
2009-12-01, 12:02 AM
I have often escaped from the "normal" elven world to visit the outcast land. I have been there often and know the place fairly well. He looks at the slip of paper I have been to this bar, in fact. I just hope no one I know is in this "cult"...

kieza
2009-12-01, 02:49 AM
Should we not perhaps consider that we may not have the full story? I, too, have seen the outcast quarter, and I fear that this may be another attempt at keeping the good people there repressed. While I certainly desire the...service that I have been offered...I cannot help but be suspicious of the desires of those in power here.

She pauses.

Forgive me, for I have been quite rude. As we are sharing names, you may call me Athalmir. Athalmir of the Greensward, if you insist upon a full name.

GreenMuffin
2009-12-01, 02:44 PM
I understand your concern. Lucan says to the Eladrin. He then turns to the others Now that pleasantries are over, we should get started. without another word, Lucan begins to walk out the door, expecting that the others will follow.

WarBrute
2009-12-01, 03:14 PM
Devoin

"And here I was just about to suggest that you might as well lead us to the tavern." Devion lept gently off his chair and followed Lucan out.

kieza
2009-12-01, 08:05 PM
Athalmir leaves, splitting off briefly to retrieve her armaments from her lodgings and promising to rejoin the group at the tavern.

Emlyn
2009-12-02, 10:41 AM
You leave for the Outcast district and wait at the gates for Athalmir to catch up. A single person wandering in there would not fare well. After you are reunited you proceed inside. However, before you can enter a guard stops you.

"Before you enter, you need to know a couple of things. First of all, if none of you have ever been then there, leave now. It's for your own good. Now if you still want in, remember that there is no guard. If you get attacked, there is no one to help you. Of course, that also means you could kill anyone you wish. It's not like there is anyone important in there. If you still want in, go right ahead."

WarBrute
2009-12-02, 05:16 PM
Devion

" Like we need any guards watching our backs, I, for one know, that I can take care of myself. In fact I will be better off with out you. No city watch? Sounds like paradise to me!" The halfling confidently walked past the guard.

GreenMuffin
2009-12-02, 08:24 PM
We do not care. Lucan says and pushes past the guard.

Kaolins
2009-12-02, 08:47 PM
Staci

Staci puts a hand on the back of her head and follows in behind Lucan and Devion, trying to hush her spirit-falcon's nervous chitters.

FINE THEN! I'll unedit my post. See if I care. D:

Emlyn
2009-12-02, 08:50 PM
Once all of you cross through, the gates are shut behind you. The guard opens a small portal and yells through, "Your funeral"

The first thing you notice is the smell. An overpowering reek of decay, flith, and rotting assaults you. Even for those who have been here before, it is still quiet a shock. Lining the road are buildings in all manner of disrepair. Mostly there are taverns and brothels though there are some businesses here. The majority of people you can see are half-elves and and orcs plus their half breed. A wide variety of other races are mixed in with the crowd. Farther down the street you see several orcs brutally beating a half-orc. It appears they mean to kill him. From one of the taverns a bloody corpse is thrown out of the door to be picked clean by any fortunate passerby and then cleaned up latter. Beggars are everywhere, pleading for coin. Most of the people wear well worn clothes, the only exceptions are those in gangs. They always are in small packs, never trusting to be alone for fear of being set upon by rivals. It is a wonder that anyone could live here.

WarBrute
2009-12-02, 11:10 PM
Devion

Devion coughed, as he look around. The smell was really quite awful. "Really... Its not that bad compared to the sewers." He coughed again when he looked over the dead body. "Hmm, so that tavern, you said you've been there Lucan?" His voice went up a little

kieza
2009-12-03, 03:36 AM
Athalmir's hands move closer to her weapons when she sees the beating taking place, but then she sighs and forces herself to relax and appear non-threatening. "No-one do anything rash. The last thing we want is to cause trouble here--we're surrounded and outnumbered." she mutters to the rest. "And just in case, keep track of the way out and be ready to run. Forgive me, Lucan, I realize you would be familiar with this place as well, but it seems the rest of you are new to this."

GreenMuffin
2009-12-03, 10:06 AM
Lucan smiles. Yes, I used to go there after hunting. We should be fairly safe there compared to some bars. The barkeep appears to be someone named Faeron. I don't remember him. I guess the previous barkeep decided to get himself in a little trouble.

He looks around, simply ignoring the beating. He ushers his companions forward

kieza
2009-12-03, 12:35 PM
"Scarcely unexpected, but still disheartening. I do have a few contacts down here; perhaps we could take a detour and speak with them later." She pauses briefly, considering something, before continuing, "Of course, if we do that, Lucan might want to stay outside. I don't know how they'd react to a full-blooded elf they don't know."

WarBrute
2009-12-03, 02:08 PM
Devion

Devion swept some hair away from his eyes. "Well, I could use a drink..." He said looking over at Alathmir "And you're not one to talk, are you?" He squinted up at her "You're an elf too."

GreenMuffin
2009-12-03, 02:25 PM
Lucan smiles wryly at her I've been visiting here since I was young, I think I can manage. He thinks for a while, then looks at Devion and winks I could use a good drink too.

Kaolins
2009-12-03, 05:42 PM
Staci

Staci cracks her neck.
"The only drink I've had since I was a child was... An almost pure drink. I've seen it used for recreation and to peel the bark off of trees... I don't suppose they would have something like that here?"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-03, 07:06 PM
Anyway, I think we should head to the bar, get a drink or two, talk to Faeron and learn what we can. Then we can visit your friends, Athalmir He looks off for a while While we're here... I'd like to try to see if I can find an old friend of mine... He drifts off in thought.

kieza
2009-12-03, 07:58 PM
"Yes, Devion, but they know me, and there are...extenuating circumstances. The point is, I've shown them they can trust me, at least as much as they can trust anybody. He hasn't." She glances at Staci. I haven't been to this bar before, but some people here took me to another once. I think they can probably come up with something as strong as you like, but...well, it'll probably taste all right after the first glass."

GreenMuffin
2009-12-03, 08:25 PM
Lucan is very annoyed. having enough control to not shout, but barely keeping it in he says I know plenty of people here. enough to keep the local murderers off my back! Then he begins to calm down The point is that people know me also. I don't think it will be too much of a problem, so let it rest! OK?

He then turns to the rest anyway, what do you guys think? see Athalmir's friends or to the bar? my opinion still stands

kieza
2009-12-04, 12:59 PM
My friends can wait. They're a bit further into the quarter, I think, which is also why I'm a little nervous about making the trip

GreenMuffin
2009-12-04, 09:25 PM
SEE: OOC

Well, I should at least enter last when we go to talk with your friends. maybe explain me a little. I'm sorry for being rude. A little mix up... By the way, while we're here I want to see if I can find someone I haven't seen in a long time... However, that should be our last priority. in fact, it's not really a priority, just a fantasy on the part of mine.

Is there anyone against going to the bar first?

WarBrute
2009-12-06, 10:23 PM
Devion

The halfling's finger kept unconsciously running along the edge of an old worn dagger that stuck from his belt.

"Yeah.. The sooner we get inside the better, I think. Or perhaps not, I'm not really sure. But lets just get moving."

Mr. Mud
2009-12-07, 05:15 PM
Venge takes a smooth stone from out of his pouch. It's no more than .25 of a kilogram, and he passively levitates it around his hand. I doubt any murders are going to mess with a bunch of adventures with swords and boards, arcane warriors, and a telepath. Even in here. He yawns passively, and the stone falls a bit out of the air. He looks at it, and catches in it easily.

GreenMuffin
2009-12-07, 09:03 PM
Well, It seems we have no objections. Let's go see what Faeron has to say. Lucan says and walks towards the bar.

Emlyn
2009-12-08, 01:22 PM
You enter into a dirty dim-lite tap room. However, the people inside are conversing and it you don't see any bloodstains on the floor so it's quiet an improvement over a typical bar around here. There are a little over a dozen other patrons seated around at tables and at the bar. The bar tender is serving drinks throughout the room. You see a half-elf sitting by himself gesture you over.

"You wouldn't happen to be looking for a man named Faeron would you?"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-08, 08:51 PM
insight!

[roll0]

Lucan observes him with a citical eye depends, who wants to know?

Emlyn
2009-12-08, 11:24 PM
Lucan

You don't detect anything unusual about him. In fact, he seems suspicious of you. It appears that he means you know harm.

"Well, it really all depends on who you are? Now let's see here," he says as he surveys the group. His eyes comes to rest on Stasi. "Well now dear, you seem sensible enough. For starters, you aren't an elf. Now then, who are you?" He takes a sip of his beer and waits for her to reply.

GreenMuffin
2009-12-09, 11:47 PM
Lucan appears to relax. He calmly shifts his weight from one foot to another looks to see Staci's response.

Kaolins
2009-12-11, 08:48 PM
Well. Time to start checking the thread daily. Scuppering auto-notify. This will be the last time I delay, Promise.

Staci

"Erm... My name is Staci sir. And I'm certainly no elf... We... Yeah. We'd are looking for a man by that name. Uh... I was under the impression the barkeeper was the man we were searching for...

Staci sputters this out hastily. Again, not so much nervous as much... Unaccustomed

Emlyn
2009-12-11, 08:51 PM
The man smiles reassuringly and seems to relax. "Well at least it's clear you mean him no harm. You are far too innocent to be lying much less involved with any of the gangs around here. Very well, unless any of you have objections I will take you to meet Faeron."

No problem, your not the first to be fooled by the auto-notify.

Kaolins
2009-12-11, 09:23 PM
Staci

Staci giggles, her falcon unfurling it's wings and spreading them for a second, sharing her joy in having passed through the situation without upsetting anyone.

She turns to everyone else...

"I don't... Think we have any objections, do we?"

WarBrute
2009-12-11, 09:40 PM
Devion

The halfling looked over at the bar, "Well if this Faeron has something serious for me to drink then I have no problem going to see him"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-11, 10:34 PM
thank you. please take us to see him. Lucan says with a smile

Emlyn
2009-12-12, 07:06 PM
The half-elf laughs at Devion's request and says, "I'm sure we can find something to suit you. Now let's be off." Rising from the table, he drops a coin on the table and heads out of the bar.

He leads you through several back allys and twisting roads. Along the way you witness atrocities committed at every turn. People are assaulted, beggars litter areas, the sick are left to die, you even witness a rape taking place down another ally. Your guide ignores it all and keeps walking. Those of you that have been here before it's nothing new. Those that haven't, well, it becomes mind numbing after a while and to some degree it ceases to surprise you.

Eventually, you come to a two story building that looks like it would collapse under the slightest provocation. The half-elf turns to you and says, "Here it is. He's up on the second floor. Now if you'll excuse me I have some errands to run."

Lucan

Throughout your interactions with the half-elf you always got the sense that he was avoiding you. He never met your gaze, in fact he rarely looked at you. He practically ignored everything you said.

GreenMuffin
2009-12-12, 08:01 PM
Lucan's brown a furrowed. After the Half-elf's disappearance he turns around.

Well, I suppose we should go on in...

He strolls on in.

WarBrute
2009-12-13, 01:34 PM
Devion

"That we should." The halfling said seriously looking up at the second floor. "No point in waiting out here."

Emlyn
2009-12-13, 10:52 PM
You step inside to a fairly unsurprising scene. Everything is in disrepair, from the abused table to the rickety chairs. The first floor is one room that looks like it's rarely used. Dust lies on almost everything and there is very little laying around.

As you mount the rickety stairs you wonder if the rotten boards will support all of you to the top. The door at the top of the stairs is open and inside you see another half-elf passed out lying partially off the bed, a bottle of some sort laying next to him. The rags that serve as sheets are crumpled up on the other side of the bed leaving none to cover the half-elf.

The half-elf is dressed nicer then most of the other residents around here. Of course that means that his clothes are more or less whole without too many ragged patches and holes. He looks to be in this thirties. As far as you can tell, this is the man you were sent to find.

GreenMuffin
2009-12-13, 10:54 PM
looks like someone is having a bit of a hangover...

WarBrute
2009-12-13, 11:58 PM
Devion

Devion coughed. "Been there done that. At least he has bed to pass out in" He leaned against the door frame. "I seem to have left my 10-foot pole at home. Anyone want to do the honors of poking him?"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-15, 08:53 PM
Lucan looks around at all the non-complient faces, then sighs. fine, I guess that it's up to me. He walks up to Faeron. He reaches out, then hesitates, then pulls back, then forces himself to give him a good, hard poke!

Emlyn
2009-12-15, 10:41 PM
The half-elf hardly reacts. However, from the other side of the bed you see the sheets move. A young tiefling pops her head out from under the covers. She lets out a small gasp at the sight of five armed people. She quickly gets out of the bed, practically tripping over herself in her haste to vacate the room. She keeps muttering something but she's speaking so fast that you can't understand what it is. She bolts past you and down the stairs before you can stop her.

The half-elf's balance, which was already precarious, was tipped too far by the tieflings rapid departure and he tumbles out of the bed onto the ground. With a curse he opens his eyes which he immediately shuts upon seeing the party. Opening them again and seeing that you are still here he stands and says, "Well then, who are you?"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-16, 07:27 PM
We were sent by the king. You are Faeron, aren't you?

GreenMuffin
2009-12-16, 07:28 PM
Insight again

[roll0]

Emlyn
2009-12-16, 10:02 PM
He blinks a few more times, squints at you and finally shakes his head. "Alright then, someone other then the imaginary Elf answer my question otherwise I'm going back to bed."

Lucan

The man is being honest, he actually believes that you don't exist.

WarBrute
2009-12-16, 11:09 PM
Devion

The halfing stepped forward and spoke "Oi! He isn't imaginary! And neither am I. And if he says we are from the king then we are"

Emlyn
2009-12-16, 11:16 PM
He looks at you funny for a moment then shrugs. "Well be that as it may, I do believe that your from the king. After all, no one else would be so dressed." Turning directly towards Lucan he points a finger at you and says. "Regardless, don't you dare speak to me filth."

He turns around and grabs his bottle and finding a few sips left takes a long pull from the bottle. Wiping his lips he says, "Aye, I"m Faeron and I suppose that you want to know about the local cult, am I right?"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-16, 11:32 PM
Lucan looks at him intently.

Lucan's thoughts

does he think that I died with my parents? a flash of anger appears on Lucan's face Does he know who killed them? or did he kill them? by thunder...!

A flash of anger appears on Lucan's face. His hand holds the hilt of his sword, but does not draw. Lucan's face is deadly serious.

I do not need to take anything from you! We are on official business right now. If you want to take something up with me later then fine with me, your name will be written in your blood on the wall, but right now, you need to give us the information we need. In fact, it might even help if you told me where Neirie is

intimidate

[/roll]1d20[/roll]

GreenMuffin
2009-12-16, 11:33 PM
I screwed up on my roll

intimidate

[roll0]

oh ya!

Emlyn
2009-12-16, 11:59 PM
The half-elf takes half a step back in surprise and fear. "I have no idea who this Neirie is on my honor! I'm only can help you with the cult. Now look, they tend to recruit at the bar just across the street from here. If you head on over I'm sure they'll be more then happy to fill you in on there views. That should give you a good idea of what's going on and what to do next. Now please leave an elf in peace, or at least a single piece!"

GreenMuffin
2009-12-17, 10:41 PM
Thank you for your cooperation. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Lucan says and turns around and walks out the door

WarBrute
2009-12-23, 10:12 PM
Devion

The interrogation seemed to go by very quickly, though for some reason the halfing trusted that Lucan knew what he was doing. After all he was the toughest elf he had ever seen. He quickly followed him out the door. "So should we head to see Athalmir's friends or should we go straight to the bar?"

GreenMuffin
2010-01-12, 08:41 PM
Lucan looks down at the halfling and smiles. Let us go to the bar.

WarBrute
2010-01-12, 08:47 PM
Devion

"Fine idea my elvish friend. Onward on our quest to find a proper drink!"

Emlyn
2010-01-18, 12:35 PM
Faeron is quiet relieved to see you heading out the door and proceeds to begin cleaning up the room.

He was not exaggerating as the bar is literally across the street. From the outside it's obvious that it is far nicer then most places around here. For one it actually has glass windows and a decent coat of paint.

Inside it's packed, despite it being the middle of the day. You pass a massive goliath bouncer and see another one by the stage where several girls of varying race are dancing quiet provocatively. Lanterns hung from the ceiling illuminate the entire bar. This is not a place for dark corners. Cries for more drinks and calls for ale create a consent din. You'd guess there are nearly fifty patrons inside and there is hardly a free table anywhere. Despite all the revelry, it is not a joyful place, rather it is unabashed debauchery. These people are here to try to forget the horrors that await right outside the door.

As you survey the room it's quiet obvious who you are supposed to meet with. At a table in the center of the room sits a half-elf wearing a dark purple rob, in utter contrast of the assortment of rags worn by most. The cowl is down and he seems to be enjoying a mug of ale.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 12:48 PM
Lucan, not saying anything, sits himself down across from the half-elf. He quietly grabs the hilt of his blade, just in case.

WarBrute
2010-01-18, 06:41 PM
Devion

The halfing sat down beside his friend. " Oi, is that any good?" He said gesturing at the mug.

Emlyn
2010-01-18, 09:01 PM
The half-elf replies with a kind smile and says, "It is indeed brother. Allow me to offer you both a drink." He signals a passing serving girl and turns his attention back to you.

"Now, what can I do for you brothers? I assume you know of our brotherhood else you would not be seeking me out."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 09:07 PM
Lucan flashes him a smile Yes, word travels fast down dark alleys and streets

WarBrute
2010-01-18, 10:22 PM
Devion

"Finally someone with manners" The halfling said with a friendly smile on his face. He bushes his hair away from his blue eye. "And yes word travels quickly. Yet the details are always so... vague"

Emlyn
2010-01-19, 01:00 PM
He nods in agreement. "Alas, there are those that don't fully understand what we do and they are intolerent of what they do not konw. Now to understand who we are, you must understand the situation in this city." He takes a sip of his drink and continues.

"As I'm sure you've seen there is little hope in this place. Those that live here do so without choice. Either they were born here or the rest of the city declared them underisdeable. In fact almost anyone not human, drawf, or half-ling lives here. Otherwise, they are slaves though the polite term is servent. Down here, there is no law except that of survival. The old and young are abondonded to their fate and every form of debauchery, greed, and sin is practiced. The people look for anything to stave off the hopelessness or add some small joy to thier lives. That is where we come in."

He pauses as the serving girl arrives with your drinks. She sets down an earthware mug in front of you, a pale golden liquid inside. "We call ourselves the Brotherhood of Outcasts. While no the most original, it is at least practical. We provide a source of hope for the people here. Medical treatment, food, and shealter we provide for any who need it, free of charge. Those that wish to join our order find themselves with a purpose. They are given jobs, discipline, order. We strive to break the people out of their hopeless situation and provide them with a fresh strat on life. And for this, we are labled a cult!" Shaking his head, he takes another drink. Looking you each in the eye, he says, "That is who we are, the sole source of hope in this district. So I ask you this, what are you looking for? You do not appear to be from here, or you are part of one of the numerless gangs."

WarBrute
2010-01-19, 09:35 PM
Devion

Nodded as he listened intently, to what he was told was his enemy. Though why? He was promised forgiveness for past crimes, and a license to continue his 'studies.' What more could he want. Still, he had grown up poor and while did not live in the outcast district he always felt himself an outcast.

"Well... if you are so worry about be thought of as a cult, you might want to change your uniform. Dark robes and hoods do not create the best image." He waved his hand at the man. "I think what me and my friend are looking for is information about your group." He looked over at his elf friend for conformation. "Numbers of members, funding, meeting locations, initiation rites. We may want to help your group, but with so little information... it is difficult to know how."

He finishes by grabbing his mug and taking a gulp.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-19, 10:22 PM
Lucan was, like Devion, conflicted. Although he had grown up in the healthy, pompous elvish community, he had always thought of this as his true home. His friend, Neirie, was half-elf, lived here, and was his closest, if not only friend. Lucan thought about the betrayal it would cause to his friend, if he was still alive. But, the prize for his duty was so important. Evidence for the death of his parents. He would finally be avenged. Lucan was torn in two.

I think what me and my friend are looking for is information about your group

Lucan, suddenly thrust back into the present, nods his head dutifully.

Although I was not born and raised here, I feel obliged to help the outcast region. Many here are... my friends

Emlyn
2010-01-20, 12:34 PM
The half-elf is noticeably surprised by Lucan's comment. "That is, an interesting detail. Few from outside here would wish to associate with those in here. Very well, if you so wish I would be happy to bring you to our main building. There you can see for yourselves what we do and hopefully have some of your questions answered." Looking at Devion with a smile, "I appreciate your comment about the robes, but as you will see only those of us involved with recruiting wear them. It immediately marks us for who we are. It's not our problem if people's misguided views of a cult would be wearing long robes. Why would they want to draw attention to themselves like that? It makes no sense. But enough of my blathering, shall we go?"

GreenMuffin
2010-01-20, 07:30 PM
Lucan nods his head Indeed, we should

WarBrute
2010-01-21, 11:46 PM
Devion

Devion held up a finger, grabbed his drink and finished it. "I'm not one to leave a perfectly good drink behind. OK lets go.

Emlyn
2010-01-24, 01:40 AM
My apologizes for not posting sooner, things have been very difficult around the house lately. If I disappear for a few days at a time it's probably due to fighting with parents and the predictable response.

The half-elf leaves several coins on the table and walks out the door. He leads you down the main road in the district. In the distance you can see a cathedral towering in stark contrast to the diminutive building surrounding it. It would hardly qualify as beautiful, with walls made of rough stone and the windows of unclear glass, but it is quiet solid and is by far the nicest building you have seen yet.

As you walk, the horror of the city has a noticeable affect on your guide. His gaze often pauses on a small child begging or a women, with five small children around here, and whose trade is impossible to miss.

Finally you reach the cathedral. It's large wooden doors are open and you see two men, one a half-elf and the other a tiefling, dressed in similar robes as your guide greeting the steady stream of people entering through the open doors. You are lead past the crowd and into the cathedral.

Inside, people are directed by those wearing the same purple cloaks. However there are others wearing different colors as well. Off to one side you see a line where people are being severed some sort of soup. Off on the other is a passage that seems to lead back to several rooms. It appears that most of the people over there are awaiting medical care. All around you robbed helpers are doing anything they can to help the people that have flocked to this refuge.

You keep walking towards the rear of the Cathedral but before you reach the worship space you take a right and leave the main building behind. "We are now entering our place of residence. Here is where all the members of our order live, with some exceptions."

Eventually you are lead into a comfortable office. The room is sparsely furnished, with only two chairs for visitors, a desk, and a bookshelf with manuscripts crammed into every conceivable space. The man seated behind the desk is a half-elf wearing a dark blue robe. As you enter he pauses from writing and stands to greet you.

"Welcome brother! It is good to see you bring guests! Come, please sit." Your guide nods and leaves the room. Sitting himself down the half-elf says, "Now, I'm sure you have questions about our order and I would be happy to answer them. But first your names."

WarBrute
2010-01-24, 02:34 AM
Devion

Devion plopped himself down in the directed chair, like he had palace room before, as if he owned the place. He looked around the place then answered the half-elf's question. "My first and last name is Devion, just Devion."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-24, 10:56 AM
Lucan notices the niceness of the building. He slowly sits himself down. The Elf looks down at his finger as he traces it along the arm of the chair. without looking up, Lucan responds. My name is Lucan He pauses would it be too much to ask yours? he says with a smile

Emlyn
2010-01-25, 03:08 PM
"Of course, it would be rude to hold you at such a disadvantage. My name is Isar and I am the keeper of Community. It is my task to watch over and care for all that come looking for help. Now, I'm curious, what brings you here? You are not from here, that much is clear."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-27, 07:54 PM
I wish to help... even if indirectly... an old friend...

Emlyn
2010-01-28, 12:25 AM
Isar replies kindly, "I would be happy to assist you. I'll introduce you to the Keeper of records, if we know of your friend we'll will do everything we can to help. I realize how difficult it can be to find anyone down here, and I can't promise anything but our records are fairly thorough. Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

GreenMuffin
2010-01-28, 12:28 AM
Well... Lucan looks at Devion for confirmation I believe that we also wished to join your brotherhood, if you can fit another in

WarBrute
2010-01-28, 09:02 AM
Devion

So Lucan seems to have abandoned the mission. Or was this just a clever ploy, the halfling thinks. "Yes, we were both looking to join your organization. This city has failed me, and this group seems to be the only place to turn."

Emlyn
2010-01-28, 01:13 PM
"Excellent!" Isar replies excitedly. "It is always good to receive new members. A brother will take you to the keeper of records and he will instate you as well as assist you in finding your friend. If that is all, a brother will be right outside to guide you."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-28, 02:22 PM
Yes, that is all Lucan says as he slowly gets up.

WarBrute
2010-01-28, 06:58 PM
Devion

Devion slides off his chair slowly, keeping his eye on Lucan still unsure of his motives. "Yes, yes. That is all."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-29, 05:46 PM
As Lucan begins to walk towards the door, he feels Devion's eye on him. He takes a deep breath, and turns the knob of the door.

Emlyn
2010-01-30, 12:22 PM
Just outside the door, siting on a bench, you see the same man as before. Once you explain that you are to meet with the keeper of records, he takes you there. He leads you farther into the living space, you pass by a dining room and you also see a dormitory. You end up outside a large wooden double door.

"The keeper will be in there. I hope he is able to help you with whatever task you seek." He gives a small bow and leaves.

The doors open easily to reveal a large library. Rows upon rows of shelves reach towards the ceiling thirty feet above you. The room is dimly lit expect for a massive chandelier that hangs over the center of the room. You don't see anyone nor hear anything.

WarBrute
2010-01-30, 05:01 PM
Devion

The halfling looks around the library which must appear massive compared to his small stature. He tugs on the hem of Lucan's tunic and whispers. "When we have a moment alone, we need discuss our intentions. However as of now, I feel as though we are being watched." He spoke in a serious tone, one Lucan had not heard before.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-30, 09:13 PM
Lucan, feeling an uneasiness, nods his head understandably.

He takes a step forward, positioning himself under the chandelier.

Emlyn
2010-01-31, 08:33 PM
There are tables organized in a neat circle around a central desk. Most of the tables are to varying degrees buried in stacks of books and scrolls. At first glance you still see no one, but out of the corner of your eye you catch something. A variable mountain of books covers one table off to Lucan's right and you can just catch the top of a dark blue rob under the table.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-31, 08:54 PM
Lucan tuns to the table with the blue robe. He approaches cautiously.

...keeper?

WarBrute
2010-01-31, 11:58 PM
Devion

Devion hand shot towards the worn dagger stuck in his belt. He held the handle tightly but did not drawn it. He stood cautiously in Lucan's shadow.

Emlyn
2010-02-01, 08:57 AM
There's no reaction for a moment, then "Err, what?" The person sitting behind the table stands up and his head just clears the stack of books. The man behind the table is a weathered human. He seems slightly confused to see you but also slightly annoyed. "Um, is there something I can help you with? I was in the middle of a fascinating scroll on the founding of the city's swears."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-01, 09:53 AM
Lucan relaxes and smiles. Sorry to disturb you, We were told to come here so you can enter us in the records as new members

Emlyn
2010-02-01, 01:07 PM
The man replies apologetically, "Oh, pardon me. It is good to have new members. I've just been lost in my research the past few days and you are the first distraction I've had. Please come over here." He beckons you follow him back to his desk. He ruffles around one of the piles and finally draws out a massive tome. Flipping through he settles on a page filled with names and draws a quill. "Now, what are your names?"

WarBrute
2010-02-01, 11:15 PM
Devion

Devion steps from Lucan's shadow and lets his hand fall from his handle. "My name is Devion, just Devion" He says as he approaches the desk. His eyes wander to the scroll the keeper had referred to. After all the sewers were home sweet home.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-01, 11:30 PM
My name is Lucan He pauses I was wondering if maybe one of my friends is in your files. It would be under the name Neirie

Emlyn
2010-02-02, 08:03 AM
"Well I can certainly look. One minute." As he writes down each of your names you hear him speak a cantrip. "There we go, you are both officially joined. Now then, as for your friend I need you to have a strong mental picture of him and then speak his name again."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-02, 09:54 AM
I... I... can't. The last time I saw him we were both only boys. The best I can do is imagine what he looks like now.

Emlyn
2010-02-02, 11:52 AM
The keeper frowns slightly then shrugs. "Well it will have to do. It just might take a bit longer."

WarBrute
2010-02-02, 04:15 PM
Devion

The Keeper had cast magic. A small amount admittedly; but, it was magic. It stirred something within Devion's heart however, it vanished as quickly as it had come.

Devion began to lose track of the conversation between Lucan and the Keeper. It became obvious that it was a very personal topic for the elf, and well, Devion had only know him for a few hours now. He did not want to intrude.

We began to wander a few of the shelves looking at the row upon rows of books. Subconsciously he reached it his pack a drew out a small, tattered leather bound books. It seemed to flip open like magic in his hand. His eyes began to run over it rapidly and he became unaware of his surroundings.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-03, 07:36 PM
Lucan closes his eyes and imagines Neirie.

Emlyn
2010-02-03, 10:14 PM
The keeper mutters a different word and suddenly the book in front of him begins to rapidly flip pages. Just as suddenly as it began it stops. A single name is glowing a faint blue, it's the name of your friend. To the right of it is colums with other information written in. "That was quiet lucky, your friend apparently has a similar appearance as he did when you last knew him. He last visited us five months ago and it was to receive food. It seems that he had been by a few times before that but never regularly." He checks the column one more time then says, "Unfortunately, he didn't leave an address though that isn't surprising. Most likely he is still alive, though you can never be sure here." He suddenly notices that Devion has wandered off. His eyes light up in surprise and worry. He frantically scans the room and seeing him, quickly heads towards him. "Erm, please don't touch the books! You have no idea how long it took to organize."

WarBrute
2010-02-03, 11:17 PM
Devion

The tattered book slams closed in Devion's palm "Oh, yes. It's just natural curiosity. I would not want to upset... the order." He slips the book back into his pack.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-03, 11:46 PM
Lucan sighs in relief. He smiles at the keeper thank you very much. That took a great weight off my mind. We should be off.

He begins to walk out.

Emlyn
2010-02-04, 12:00 AM
"I do apologize, it just makes me nervous. If you wish to come back I'd be more than happy to have a scribe help you look. As for now, let me escort you back to the common rooms and help you find your quarters."

Just as you enter the library you see a man wearing a gold robe walking quickly down the hall. He seems quiet agitated. The keeper notices him and exclaims, "Is there something wrong Tavar?"

The man stops and turns to face the keeper. "Yes, two of the men assigned to pick up a shipment haven't come in today. Most likely means they died out in the city. I haven't found anyone capable to replace them yet." He almost continues when but he takes a second glance at you. He pauses as he notices that Lucan is armed.

"Tell me, are you part of the brotherhood? If so I have a very important task I could use you with."

"They've only just joined." the keeper replies. "Are you sure it would be wise to have new mem"

"That is for me to decide." the man snaps back. "They look like they can handle themselves in a fight, we have few enough people who can." Turning back to you he asks, "Will you help me?"

WarBrute
2010-02-04, 03:39 PM
Devion

"Well... I can handle myself in a fight, that I know. I'm not so sure about my friend here though." His mouth spread into a smile.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-04, 05:54 PM
Lucan smiles. Yes, we can help you. It shouldn't be a problem.

Emlyn
2010-02-05, 12:12 AM
He let's out a massive sigh of relief. "Well that goes a great way to seating my mind at ease. Come with me, I'll give you the information for your assignment." He says goodbye to the keeper and you head off in the opposite direction.

"First of all, introductions. I'm the keeper of Law and it is my duty to insure the security and safety of our order. As such it falls to me to organize the pickup of supplies from our benefactors. The outcast district can't supply us with everything we need and the transportation of goods here is highly restricted. Of all things the palace has labeled us a cult! He says venomously. "They know nothing. But as such the only way to get our supplies is through back ways. Unfortunately, there is always a risk of gangs and thieves attacking and stealing the supplies. They fetch a great price here as medical supplies and clean food are scarce. That's where you come in, I need you to escort a shipment of food back here. I'll have a runner guide you to the meeting place." You come to a stop outside of door. He asks, "Do you have any questions?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-05, 12:20 AM
What size of supplies are we talking about? Huge crates or small boxes? Also, about how many gang fighters should we expect?

Emlyn
2010-02-05, 12:38 AM
"Workers will be there to transport. You are there to insure that the supplies get here safely. Usually they leave us alone if there are guards, but it's better to be safe. If they do attack it won't be a large group. Food isn't nearly valuable enough to commit a large group."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-05, 12:42 AM
I was wondering because the size of the supplies will be more likely to atract a gang.

Emlyn
2010-02-05, 12:50 AM
"We usually assign two to four guards to a food shipment and we've lost exactly nine shipments in the last year. Considering we get food twice a week, that's pretty darn good." He turns to open the door. "Look, I don't have time to give a full explanation of the inter gang politics and the delicate balance of power that keeps this place from erupting into full scale war but suffice to say attacking us screws with it and is usually avoided." He opens the door and you walk into a dormitory. Double bunk beds line each side of the room, each bed is crisply made. There is only a handful of people in here now, but when full it could sleep nearly a hundred. The keeper of Laws leads you towards a bunk about half-way into the room where a young half-orc is reclining.

"Ugon, these will be the men who are to escort the food shipment. I need you to guide them to the pickup point and assist them in any way you can." Turning back to you he says, "I really must be going, if you are set I'll leave you to your task."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-05, 03:16 AM
Lucan thanks the keeper of laws and turns to the half-orc. He looks him over.

insight: [roll0]

So, shall we go?

WarBrute
2010-02-05, 05:58 PM
Devion

Devion follows Lucan and the Keeper of Law without question, his mind on the coming conflict. He could feeling the magic in his blood begin to awake at the thought of violence and bloodshed. He never had to protect anything other than himself. Fighting along side allies wold take some adjustment

Because I never got around to doing it yet

Wild soul
[roll0]

Edit: Devion gains 5 resistance to Acid damage until next extended rest

Emlyn
2010-02-08, 10:08 PM
The half-orc stands to greet you. He's almost a full head taller then Lucan but he gives a niceish looking smile and shakes Lucan's hand. "It'll be a pleasure working with you. Come on, it's a bit of a walk there."

He leads you out of the church and off towards the distant walls. Along the way he keeps up a steady stream of chat with you, asking about yourselves and telling you about him. After about 20 minutes of walking he takes you into the back allays of the city. If the Outcast district had been bad before, this could barely compare. Dead bodies were a common sight, often stripped of all their possessions. Murder, rape, every evil you could have imagined took place down any side ally you happened to glance at.

Ugon leads you past the worst of it and mercifully you are quickly past. Looking around you have arrived at the wall that separates the Outcast district from the rest of the city. Decrepit wooden sheds of varying size line the base of the wall. Ugon goes up to one of the larger ones and beckons you inside. He takes one last look outside and then follows you in, shutting the door behind you.

It takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust to the gloom. Looking around you see about ten men lounging about and four men with swords. They half-draw them as you enter but upon seeing Ugon the relax. One of them speaks, "Ah good to see you made it. All ten shipments are here and we'll leave you to it." He signals the guards and they depart towards the back of the warehouse.

Ugon turns to you and says, "Alright, we have to escort these men back to the church. They'll carry the supplies, you keep a look out for danger. I'll lead, you follow. Now if we get attacked, what do you want to do? I'm not much of a fighter, but I could if it's desperate." He looks at you waiting for a response.

WarBrute
2010-02-09, 03:58 PM
Devion

"I have special talents that can help if we get into a pinch, though I have more practice using them on city guards then common thugs." He brushes hair from his eyes. "It doesn't look like we would be doing much running away lugging supplies about anyway."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-10, 07:47 PM
I'm not used into throwing myself into a fight. When I hung out here, I mostly stayed out of people's way. He turns to look at his halfling friend I'll let you take the diplomatic way while I He touches his bow will stand for backup

WarBrute
2010-02-10, 08:41 PM
Devion

He spoke to Lucan "I will admit I have a bit of a silver tongue, but a little bit of violence has freed me out my more serious troubles. We will just have take them as they come." He then turns to Ugon, "Looks like you will just have to follow my lead. Attack when I attack, stand down when I don't and just try not to blow up."

Emlyn
2010-02-10, 10:43 PM
A wide grin lights up his face. "I can do that." He addresses the workers, "Alright everyone! Let's get a move on!" Each of the workers grabs a massive backpack each looking to weigh almost a hundred pounds. But the men are strong and they hoist their loads without complaint.

Ugon quickly leads you out the door, scans the area, and then takes you down several side streets. The workers are able to manage a pretty good pace despite the weight. In fact it looks like everything is going to be fine until three men step from the shadows in front of your group. Each is well armed and armored, a rare sight down here. One is a half-elf, another a large Orc, and finally the one addressing you is a tiefling.

"Well know, look at what we've got here? Pray tell, what would you be doing heading through our turf?"

As he speaks three more men move behind you to cut off your escape. You are in an ally but there is a side exit running each way about thirty feet behind you. The men from behind apparently stepped out from them.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-10, 11:35 PM
Lucan gives Devion a nudge Well, Mr. silver Tongue, this appears to be your turf

WarBrute
2010-02-11, 12:14 PM
Devion

Devion's stomach clenches at the sight of the men, but he can't help not to smile at Lucan's words.

Devion bows to the tiefling "Oh my. Well it seems me and my merry group here has taken a wrong turn. We meant no harm being on your turf, sir. I'm sure we can solve this civilly. Perhaps a toll is in order?" He gives a big grin his green and blue eyes sparkling.

Diplomacy [roll0]

Emlyn
2010-02-11, 12:27 PM
"I suppose that could be arranged. First though, tell me what your carrying." he replies.

WarBrute
2010-02-12, 12:06 PM
Devion

"Well, I don't see the importance in that. But if you must know, it's merely food.. food for the starving"

Emlyn
2010-02-12, 12:14 PM
"Well then, if it is only food as you say then you will have no trouble with giving us one bag as payment for your safe passage." Despite the sinister smile he flashes it seems like he's telling the truth. However, Ugon has turned a very pale shade of green.

WarBrute
2010-02-12, 12:22 PM
Devion

Glyn's eyes flitted over to Ugon and realized he and Lucan must have had been lied too. That did not matter though. All that matter was getting out alive.

"Oh, well now. You would not want to take food from the starving now? Surely, some coin would be a much greater value to you?"

Emlyn
2010-02-12, 12:32 PM
The Tiefling gives a slight nod to each of his compatriots. They menace their weapons and are ready to fight. He replies, "Simply put, we could take them all right now but where not unreasonable. If you want to get your food to the starving then I'd recommend giving us one pack." He lowers his voice menacingly and says, "This is your final offer."

WarBrute
2010-02-12, 08:13 PM
Devion

He could get away. If there was just enough chaos he could slip into the shadows. But, no. He had to stop running. "Well, Ugon." The halfing said glancing over his shoulder a the half-orc. "Perhaps we will have to give up just one a bag food. To prevent any violence"

Emlyn
2010-02-12, 09:32 PM
His grin grows even wider. "I'm glad you see it my way. Boys, take one bag and let's go." The three men at the back approach one of the haulers who gives up his pack without protest. "I hope that food does some good feeding people. Ha!" The motions for them to leave and they slip off down the allays. Ugon is practicly trembling, though from rage or nerves is difficult to tell. He doesn't speak another word as he guides you the rest of the way without incident.

Once back at the church the workers leave you and head off to different part of the church. Ugon takes you directly to the Keeper of Law's office. You are admitted immediately despite several people already waiting outside.

The keeper is doing paperwork but as you enter he sets down his quill. "How did things go?" His face gets grim as he sees Ugon's expression but the half-orc says nothing. Instead he waits for you to give the account.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-12, 10:59 PM
Lucan sits down in a chair and leans back a little pretty well, assuming that one bag of supplies missing isn't critical. No violence.

WarBrute
2010-02-12, 11:29 PM
Devion

Devion nodded at Lucan's words. "I traded one bag for safe passage. Surely one bag is worthless than the lives of any of our members"

Emlyn
2010-02-14, 06:19 PM
The grim look lifts significantly. "Nine bags made it? That is good to hear. You made the right decision, your lives are far more important then food, though we will have to find another source to replace what we lost. If there is nothing else, you may leave."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-14, 07:46 PM
Lucan bends slightly, turns around, and walks out the door.

WarBrute
2010-02-14, 08:14 PM
Devion

A knot loosened in Devion's stomach. He was afraid of any repercussions. "Thank you, Keeper." Devion stands and follows Lucan out the door.

Once they are both out the door, Devion says to Lucan. "Well.. some day we have had, eh. Perhaps we should leave the premises before someone else see us and decides to send us on another task"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-14, 08:19 PM
Lucan smiles If you wish, my friend

He approaches the exit. Things went pretty well, although his help there wasn't needed. Devion's quick tongue had got it through. He drums his fingers against his side as he walks.

he walks out the door. He turns to his companion to the inn? there we can get a room and... talk

WarBrute
2010-02-14, 10:38 PM
Devion

"That would be for the best I think" He said, noting the tone in Lucan's voice. "You know your way, I assume."

Emlyn
2010-02-14, 11:56 PM
Thankfully the inn isn't too far away and you reach it without incident. The bartender lets you have a room, but only grudgingly. Several hateful looks are shot in Lucan's direction but your coin is accepted. The room is sparsely furnished but it has two beds that aren't too flea ridden and two chairs with a table. The door has a solid looking metal bolt on it as well as the window.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-15, 01:49 AM
Lucan sits on the bed, testing the springs. He looks up at Devion. so... you wished to discuss our motives? he says while re-arranging the pillows.

WarBrute
2010-02-15, 10:41 AM
Devion

"Ah locks, how nice." The halfling said as he looked around the room. He went to the window and slid the bolt into place. Without looking back at Lucan, he says "What did they offer you? I mean in excahnge for infiltrating this cult?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-15, 12:36 PM
Lucan's face goes grim. He looks down at the floor, not appearing quite in the present. Years ago, my parents were somehow murdered. I had left the house to come here, and when I came back, rooms were destroyed, blood splattered on the walls, and my parents lay dead. he pauses, looking up at Devion No suspects were found, and the case was closed. I spent a long time looking for evidence myself, but without much success. When I recieved news of this job, they said that they did have some evidence on the case, and would exchange it for the fulfillment of this mission

WarBrute
2010-02-15, 01:09 PM
Devion

The halfling nodded, still looking out the window "A grim story indeed." He turns to face Lucan. "Do you wonder why I was chosen for this task. A poor halfling, with nothing but a worn dagger at his side?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-15, 01:12 PM
Not before, but now that I think of it, yes. why?

WarBrute
2010-02-18, 01:51 PM
Devion

Devion says nothing. He pulls his dagger out of his belt and points it at one of the chairs. Mist suddenly rises from the dagger, than there is a crackling sound and the chair is suddenly covered in ice.

"That's why I was chosen. I was given the chance to be be thrown in a dungeon for what I am, or do this task and be allowed to be free."

Frostbind
[roll0]
[roll1]

Emlyn
2010-02-18, 03:07 PM
The chair is coated in a sheet of ice. The wood cracks then shatters under the weight.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-18, 09:35 PM
Lucan sees the chair crumble. He raises his eyebrows, but does not flinch.

Ah... That also explains the book. I noticed you flipping through without turning pages...

WarBrute
2010-02-18, 10:11 PM
Devion

Devion stiffened. "Oh... You saw that?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-18, 10:37 PM
Lucan drops one of his raised eyebrows.

yes....

WarBrute
2010-02-18, 11:22 PM
Devion

Devion shifted and looked back out the window. "It's not probably not what you are thinking, but it does not matter. What matter is how we handle this "cult" or organization. Now first, do you think they will keep their side of the deal and give you the evidence that you want?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-19, 12:31 AM
I certainly hope so.... yet I have my doubts. If they spent such a long time covering it up, why would they reveal it to me now? Especially on a "cult" that seems completely harmless. The only other option is that the brotherhood is not as innocent as we think.

WarBrute
2010-02-19, 12:39 AM
Devion

"The brotherhood do seem somewhat suspicious. After all, the half-orc with us seemed mighty upset to see one of the bags go. Maybe it was not food after all in those bags... And why would a that gang want one bag of food so badly. I mean, are things that horrible here that you need a gang to steal food?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-19, 10:00 AM
Either way, our employer specifically said that he didn't care how we infiltrated the brotherhood. I also don't think that he would be satisfied with 'They're just a harmless charity group trying to improve the welfare for all of the outcast people,' so I suggest we stay in the brotherhood a while longer and see if they are truly as innocent as they say they are. That is, actually, why I asked to join in the first place. Lucan smiles I have not given up this mission yet

WarBrute
2010-02-19, 11:45 AM
Devion

Devion turns and nods at Lucan's words. "You're right, of coarse. The best thing to do would be to continue our involvement with the botherhood. Once we gain their trust perhaps we be able to understand their true motives."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-19, 09:09 PM
My thinking exactly Lucan says. He begins to think.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been getting a lot of glares from civilians. I'm wondering what that's all about.

WarBrute
2010-02-19, 09:18 PM
Devion

Devion pushes himself up onto the bed opposite of Lucan and sighs. "Well they are probably upset to see some one homely as yourself hanging around someone as as devilishly handsome as myself." He smiles and winks.

"But really Lucan. You're an elf, the most hated race in this city. And here you are walking around in this turf. No wonder people are upset." He gives Lucan, a crooked frown.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-19, 09:23 PM
yeah, I suppose why I never got that before was because I was a kid then He pauses to think

but still, why would Faeron think that I not exist. I could understand hating me, but not believing I exist? He was telling the truth when he said that too, I know

because I made an insight check :smallbiggrin:

WarBrute
2010-02-19, 09:31 PM
Devion

"Faeron? You mean the drunk Halfee? I mean he was drunk after all... Are you maybe suggesting this has to do with your parents?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-19, 09:38 PM
Well, at the time I thought maybe it was Nierie, my half-elf friend. But the more I think about it, the more I wonder... I somewhat doubt that he himself performed the crime, he just seems too drunk and stupid to be able to get passed the guards keeping the outcast civilization in. But if he knew who did, or even knew about, he might think that I had died along with my parents...

WarBrute
2010-02-19, 10:48 PM
Devion

Devion takes his pack off and leans against the headboard. "A mystery indeed. Our involvement in the brotherhood my procure some information for you." He slides his hand into his pack and pulls out the tattered book. He flips through it. Though unlike last time he seems perfectly aware of his surroundings. He closes it. "And maybe I can solve my own mystery in that library"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-20, 01:18 AM
Lucan smiles I won't ask.

WarBrute
2010-02-20, 07:36 PM
Devion

Devion smiles at the ceiling, "Well then, now that we know our plans, perhaps we should get some food in our bellies. I haven't had a good meal in some time."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-20, 09:15 PM
I agree. My stomache is speaking to me as well.

lucan heads out the door and heads down for dinner

WarBrute
2010-02-20, 11:29 PM
Devion

The halfling slides his book back into his pack and follows Lucan down stairs.

Emlyn
2010-02-21, 02:09 PM
Once again, the barkeeper shows nothing but contempt for Lucan. It also becomes apparent that while drink is cheap, food is far from it. For a gold piece you are giving what can only be charitably described as edible. A black misshapen lump that appears to be some form of meat and a couple of what could possibly be carrots. Bread is also served and amazingly it doesn't break your teeth when you bite into it. Of course getting the worms out of it first would be a good idea.

The rest of the patrons either ignore you completely or give the same bitter stares as the barkeeper. While angry, no one does anything to threaten you the entire time you eat.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-21, 02:13 PM
Lucan calmly picks out the worms and bad spots in the meat and begins eating.

so... What should we do until tomorrow?

WarBrute
2010-02-21, 06:15 PM
Devion

Devion chewed his bread slowly and took a sip of his mead. He thought about Lucan's question. He swallowed, "Well... I think the best thing we can do go back to the Cathedral and try to make ourselves useful. It might be some time before they truly trust us. They may also be wondering way we did not stay in the quarters tonight."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-21, 06:26 PM
Lucan leans back a little in his chair. I suppose you're right. I just hope we get individual rooms and not everyone sleeping in the same room. I'd rather get some sleep tonight

WarBrute
2010-02-21, 06:37 PM
Devion

"Well I think we will end up staying in one big room. But tonight I think its safe to stay here. I'm sure we can come up with an excuse if need be. I would rather not travel at night, anyway."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-21, 09:43 PM
Lucan nods I agree.

WarBrute
2010-02-21, 10:22 PM
Devion

The halfling gulp some more mead down. "Well, that's settled then." Devion shifted in his chair and looked at the other patrons around the pub. "I grew up in the slums and I thought the people there were unfriendly, but here..." He shook his head. "You said you came here when you were younger... I mean, why? Why would you want to be here?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-21, 11:18 PM
Lucan attempts to pick one last worm out of his bread. After failing, he throws the bread back on the plate. I'm not quite sure... I just didn't like the strictness of the elven quarters. Just too many rules. too many expectations. just... too much. so, I went anywhere but the elven quarters. Then, I went to the outcast. Sure, it is tough, it is brutal. Then I found a Half-elf named Neirie. He showed me around, and we became good friends. From then on I would go to the outcast lands just to hang out with him. He really gave me something to think about. Lucan picks up the bread again and continues no longer looking at Devion He taught me everything I know, how to survive under harsh conditions, how to shoot, how to beg. If it wasn't for him, I doubt I would have been able to survive my parents being killed. I would have been to used to the easy life.

WarBrute
2010-02-21, 11:33 PM
Devion

Devion chewed and swallowed what appeared to be a carrot "It is hard for me to understand what you have gone through. My childhood is mostly blurry mess. I honestly do not remember any parents or any real caregiver. I was stealing and begging as far back as I can remember. I got by doing the occasional odd job around town and sleeping in storage rooms. He took a sip of mead "Due to recent... circumstances I've been forced to hide in the sewers. The things I can do, they can be hard to control. I earned a reputation... and people began to "dislike" my presence."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-22, 07:21 PM
for the freezing chair, huh? I don't see why. you seem like a perfectly nice person to me. Some prejudices will never end

WarBrute
2010-02-22, 11:01 PM
Devion

Devion smiled "Yep, freezing chairs. They are right bastards in the slums. But you know some people."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-22, 11:04 PM
sure do Lucan says, finishing up his meal

WarBrute
2010-02-24, 10:39 AM
Devion

Devion nods closing his eyes and leaning back in his chair. "Well, unless you have any desire to speak to the locals I say we back to the room. It has been a long day."

GreenMuffin
2010-02-24, 11:42 PM
Indeed, it has. I am quite fatigued. he gets up, kicks his chair in, and heads upstairs

WarBrute
2010-02-25, 10:45 AM
Devion

Devion slid off his chair and followed Lucan upstairs. Upon entering his room he tossed his pack onto a bed and climbed up after it. He collapsed backward and stared up at the ceiling. He yawned and said "Yup, straight to the church tomorrow..." He closed his eyes and laid his hand protectively over his pack.

Emlyn
2010-02-25, 12:58 PM
Despite the accommodations you sleep well and wake refreshed. Even more surprising is that no one tried to rob you during the night. The sun is up but it's still early as you get prepared for the day ahead.

Heading downstairs it's apparent that breakfast will not be served here. The bartender is draped over the bar out cold. Making your way to the church the streets are noticeably less active then when you last passed through here. People are huddled in doorways and down alleys. Since they can't find jobs there is no reason for them to get up. There are still a decent number of people going about their business and so far little of it has involved outright harm to others. Of course that will change as the day progresses and the taverns open again.

As you arrive at the church a line has already formed outside and is slowly making it's way inside. A greeter approaches you and says, "Excuse me but you don't appear to be part of the normal crowd. Are you by chance here to help?"

GreenMuffin
2010-02-25, 09:35 PM
Indeed, we are. I don't suppose you have a job for us?

WarBrute
2010-02-26, 12:17 PM
Devion

Devion opens his mouth to answer the man's question, but Lucan beats him to it. So he instead simply stands next to the elf.

Emlyn
2010-02-26, 12:22 PM
"Oh yes. As you can see we already have quiet the crowd and we're short staffed in the food lines today. Could you go inside and assist in serving? Just go straight through the doors and the dinning area is on the left. Look for the man wearing a green robe trimmed with gold. He'll give you your assignments." He turns back to his post directing the crowd.

WarBrute
2010-02-26, 02:22 PM
Devion

"Well that should be no problem then." Devion smiles up at the man. He nods at Lucan and heads into the church, following the mans direction to go straight through the doors and entering the dining area on the left.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-26, 09:37 PM
Lucan puts up a quick pace to keep up with the halfling. Serving food, eh? Well, a little less pizazz as yesterday

WarBrute
2010-02-26, 11:50 PM
Devion

"Well, it can't all be glory and bloodshed, can it?" Devion said to Lucan over his shoulder.

GreenMuffin
2010-02-27, 01:19 AM
Of course not. I didn't mean that. Lucan says, arriving at the destination

Emlyn
2010-03-01, 07:46 AM
You enter into a massive dining hall. Hundreds of people sit on rough cut wooden tables while the line for food goes right out the door. A brother quickly directs you to the kitchen where the man in charge assigns you to food serving. For the next several hours you serve soup and bread to the thousands of people that flow through. As noon comes and goes you are given a break to eat.

Grabbing a bowl of soup and some bread head out to eat. However part way through your meal the keeper of laws sits down next to you. "I'm glad to see that you've found a normal job inside our brotherhood. I've come to apologize for yesterday, I realize that I thrust you into an awkward position. I was desperate for help and then when we lost one of the bags that did little to help. As you can see we feed a lot of people. Between here and our several smaller churches we feed almost a third of the district. One bag of food is enough to feed several thousand people. But you did your best and what's done is done. Anyway, I'll leave you to your food."

Finishing up, the rest of the day passes uneventfully. It's about five and there is still plenty of daylight.

WarBrute
2010-03-01, 05:08 PM
Devion

Before keeper of law leaves Devion says, "I have to take personal responsibility for that bag. I'll have to try harder next time"

As the day comes to the end Devion wipes his sweaty brow with his raggedy shirt. "This reminds of back when I did shifts for Old Anne at the Broken Knee inn, except with more people... and better food." He smiles at his own joke. "It looks like we have rest of the day to ourselves. So whats it going to be then, eh?"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-01, 07:50 PM
well... lucan takes a long time to sit down on one of the chairs. His legs were sore from standing for practically all day I have some errands to run before we leave the outcast, but if you have anything you'd like to do....

WarBrute
2010-03-01, 08:22 PM
Devion

Devion sits down next to Lucan "The answers I have been asking for three years may lie in the library of the botherhood. But for now I don't think we are trusted enough to start asking questions. So I can help you run these errands you speak of."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-01, 09:00 PM
well, one is less ambiguous than the other. I want to find my friend, the one I told you about earlier. I want to make sure he was ok. I also to find out if he knew anything about my parents death, which is the second thing I want to investigate

WarBrute
2010-03-03, 12:09 AM
Devion

"OK, that's reasonable." Devion eyes scan the hall. "Do you have a starting off point? Perhaps we could question some of the people that come to the botherhood for help. They may have seen him around."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-03, 09:51 AM
Well... the keeper said that he came for food five months ago...

WarBrute
2010-03-03, 02:45 PM
Devion

"That indeed was some time ago. Though Perhaps if you began just throwing his name around amongst some of people who come here for food" He gestures at the people around the hall,"You might get a bite."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-03, 08:34 PM
I doubt that that will be very easy... he says, scratching behind one pointed ear because, you know... Elf

WarBrute
2010-03-04, 12:33 AM
Devion

"Hmph. It's easy to forget sometimes. Though people might be more inclined to help since you spent the whole day serving them food... Though as I said last night people can by right bastards. So, would you be more comfortable if I did the asking? His name was Nierie, right?"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-04, 09:54 AM
I just feel that I would have less luck on getting a response He says, looking around at all the diners Even if they did answer, I'd have no way of knowing if they were telling the truth

WarBrute
2010-03-04, 04:45 PM
Devion

"Well we have to start somewhere." Devion stands up on his chair to get a better look at the diners.

To DM:
Just looking for some basic info on the number of people in the hall currently and generally what their races are

Emlyn
2010-03-04, 05:00 PM
While Devion and Lucan talk several hundred people of various races sit eating and going through the food line. Half-elfs are the most common but halflings, humans, tieflings, orcs, and many others are present in large numbers as well.

WarBrute
2010-03-04, 09:49 PM
Devion

"Sure are a lot of people here..." Devion said as he looked over the crowd. "I might as well start with a fellow kin." Devion hopped off his chair and went up to the closes halfling. "Sorry, to interrupt the meal. Any chance I can ask you something?"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-04, 10:17 PM
Lucan gets close enough to hear, but far enough to not be suspected as a companion of his.

Emlyn
2010-03-04, 11:47 PM
The gaunt halfing looks up from his bowl in surprise but relaxes when he see's fellow halfling. Through a mouthfull of food you can just make out "Sure".

WarBrute
2010-03-05, 12:50 AM
Devion

Devion smiles, some what relieved that the halfling seems friendly. "Well, there is someone I much need to speak to, but I am at a lost to where I could find him. Perhaps, you know some one the could help find him, or maybe even you could help me."

To DM:

Diplomacy[roll0]

WarBrute
2010-03-05, 12:58 AM
Lets throw in a Streetwise to be safe

Streetwise[roll0]

Emlyn
2010-03-05, 07:53 AM
He swallows his excessive mouthful of food and replies, "Well can ask. But why aren't you asking the church? I mean you work here after all."

WarBrute
2010-03-05, 10:36 AM
Devion

Devion shifts his weightt and leans against the table. "I tired the church to begin with. They said he has not come in for food for five months. I'm afraid he may have ended up in some trouble. Trouble being common in a place like this."

Emlyn
2010-03-05, 01:12 PM
The halfling nods in agreement, "You got that right. So, who are you looking for?"

WarBrute
2010-03-05, 01:26 PM
Devion

Devion nods too and says "A half-elf by the name of Nierie.

Emlyn
2010-03-05, 01:40 PM
He thinks for a minute then replies, "Sorry, don't know him. Of course if he aint a high placed crime boss or someone else important to my survival then I wouldn't know him. But you did say you already tried the church. Hm." He pauses then glances around. Satisfied he leans in closer and whispers, "But if ya want to find him then ask for Shade. He's the only local broker that will meet with a random person. Ask around at the Red Moon bar, it's two blocks to the east of the church." Having said his piece he sits normally again and takes another bite of food.

WarBrute
2010-03-05, 02:20 PM
Devion

"Perfect. That should help. My names Devion, by the way. Just Devion. I'll be seeing you around."

Emlyn
2010-03-05, 02:29 PM
He nods in replay but is already more interested in his food again.

WarBrute
2010-03-05, 02:39 PM
Devion

Devion turns from the halfling and walks back to Lucan. "See that wasn't so hard now was it?" He says as he reaches him. "Have you heard of the Red Moon Bar?"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-07, 07:29 PM
No, I haven't He pauses and thinks for a little I have heard of Shade, though.

WarBrute
2010-03-07, 10:30 PM
Devion

Devion grimaces "With a name like Shade, I have a hard time imagining you've heard anything good."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-07, 10:55 PM
Lucan smiles Well, considering we're in the outcast, he's surprisingly fair. Even if we don't have money, he would most likely answer the our question, he would just demand a favor instead.

WarBrute
2010-03-08, 12:13 AM
Devion

"Well than, I say we pay the mister Shade a visit. The the guy back there said the bar was only a little east from here."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-08, 01:03 AM
Lucan nods agreed

WarBrute
2010-03-08, 01:29 PM
Devion

"Let's go." Devion turns and walks down the hall and out the church doors. He walks east until he sees the Red Moon Bar.

Emlyn
2010-03-08, 03:31 PM
The walk isn't far and you arrive shortly. Nearing the door you barely miss colliding with a drunk who comes stumbling out of the door. Inside is chaos. At one table two humans are beating eachother senless while an Orc bouncer makes sure it doesn't spread. Bar maid's work franticly to keep the neverending calls for ale filled while avoiding the prying hands of their patrons. Roughly seventy people occupy the bar making it quiet corwded. Some strange looks are directed at Lucan but most are too drunk to think further on the oddity of seeing an Elf.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-08, 07:14 PM
Lucan pushes and looks around for Shade

Perception: [roll0]

WarBrute
2010-03-08, 08:12 PM
Devion

With lack of knowledge what Shade may look like and the height require to do any kind of searching, Devion merely focuses on not being crushed by the patrons of the bar.

Emlyn
2010-03-08, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately since you have no idea what he looks like you don't see him. But a brief movement that catches your eye. A female half-elf is giving you a seductive look and gestures you over. Next to her is a muscled tiefling who doesn't seem interested in her antics.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-09, 08:44 PM
Lucan walks over. Hello. I am looking for a man named Shade, and you seem very interested in helping me.

diplomacy?: [roll0]
if needed

Emlyn
2010-03-09, 11:39 PM
She gives Lucan a coy smile, "Well now, not one for small talk are we? Still I admire directness. Please, sit down." she gestures to the chair next to her. "And your little friend may come as well. He has you beaten by far in looks." she giggles. As you approach it becomes quiet clear as to what, or more accuratly the lack, she is wearing. Her skin tight clothing is colored with black and silvers which accents her wavy black hair.

WarBrute
2010-03-10, 01:40 PM
Devion

Devion hops up on to a vacant chair and says "Well he's not that bad looking, you know..." He winks, and whispers "for a full blooded elf"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-10, 07:59 PM
Lucan sits down. He smiles Indeed. Not much attraction to my sort in this part of town

Emlyn
2010-03-10, 08:12 PM
"Ahh but it's all a matter of perspective. For instance," she leans in and kiss you square on the lips. "you aren't a half bad kisser." As she pulls away from your face she whispers, "Play along, we can talk shortly." Reclining back in her chair she says, "Is that all your good at?"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-10, 11:30 PM
Lucan, finally getting it, plays along. Of course not. I can do much more

Emlyn
2010-03-11, 01:22 AM
Her eyes light up and with a wicked grin she says, "Well now you are direct! But how could I say no?" Turning to the tiefling she says, "Hold down the table for me, I'll be gone for a bit." She stands and gives Lucan another kiss. Grabbing him by his hand she leads him upstairs. Almost as an afterthought she beckons for Dietrich to follow. Stopping at her door she takes out a key and tries to open the lock. It appears to stick and she mutters something under her breath. With another turn it keeps and she leads you both inside.

Her room is furnished far better then the pitiful room you slept in. Her bed has a real mattress with fluffy cotton sheets. Several chairs with padded seats sit next to a well made table. Drapes cover the window and a soft bed of carpet lines the floor. Once inside she lets go of Lucan and lays down propping her head up with her hand. "You certainly make an odd couple. I'll have your names but first I owe you an introduction. I'm Shade and apparently you've come looking for me. So let's cut to the chase, your names and your questions. Or, she says with a grin, "I'm still interested in what else you can do besides kiss."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-11, 09:54 AM
Lucan is surprised when the half-elf mentions her name. My name is Lucan.

WarBrute
2010-03-11, 12:49 PM
Devion

"Devion, just Devion"The halfling said simply, peering through the drapes of the window.

Emlyn
2010-03-11, 12:59 PM
"Well then, it's obvious you've come for information. A full blooded elf doesn't just walk into a seedy bar without a reason. So I again ask, what is your question?"

GreenMuffin
2010-03-11, 09:24 PM
I am currently looking for an old childhood friend of mine. Lucan says, silently hoping that he won't have to explain.

Emlyn
2010-03-11, 11:49 PM
"Well that's interesting. So the high born elf would not only come here but associate with his half-blood kin. You are quiet the character.". She lazily sits up and stretches. Satisfied she continues. "Well if you want my help I'll need more then that! His name would be a good start as well as any skills or defining features. There are tens of thousands of half-elves here, I need something to go off of."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-12, 08:37 PM
His name is Neirie. Lucan says I haven't seen him since childhood, but he had sandy blond hair. His looks were more that of a human than an elf. In fact, you wouldn't be able to tell if his ears didn't show.

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 12:08 AM
"Well it's little to go on but I'll see what I can do." giving a noncommittal shrug. Turning to Dietrich she asks, "And what of you little one, do you have a question as well?"

WarBrute
2010-03-13, 11:52 AM
Devion

"Hmm?" Devion turned from the window when he heard himself referenced "Ah, no my dear. I'm merely this one's bodyguard" He said sticking his thumb over his shoulder at Lucan. "I'm sure you can tell he would be helpless without me." Devion shifted letting his hand fall back to his side.
"Though, if you did want to help me..." He began "You could point me in the direction of someone with skills in... let's say the magical arts."

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 04:10 PM
"Really now? Well this is a happy coincident. You see I have information about a meeting that involves illegal magic in the outcast district. If you happened to listen in on the meeting you would get your answer as well as cover your payment for both questions. Is this agreeable?"

WarBrute
2010-03-13, 08:17 PM
Devion

Devion's eyes glitter. "Yes, I think that's quite agreeable"

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 09:05 PM
"Excellent!" she smiles. "The meeting takes place today in about three hours. That should be more then enough time for you to get to the warehouse where it's taking place. Ask the bartender for a runner and he'll get someone to lead you there."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-13, 09:08 PM
Are you going to contact me when you have any information on Neirie?

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 09:26 PM
"If I haven't found out by the time you return then we'll discuss it. Fair enough?"

WarBrute
2010-03-13, 09:42 PM
Devion

"Do you want to us to return immediately, or can you wait till morning?" Devion had turned back to the window

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 09:48 PM
She gives a dismissive wave. "Take your time, after all this is your payment to me. Until you tell me I don't answer your question."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-13, 10:43 PM
Ok, thank you for your help. We'll contact you soon Lucan says as he heads out the door to the bartender.

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 10:46 PM
"You'd leave a pretty girl without saying goodbye properly?" she says with a playful grin.

GreenMuffin
2010-03-13, 11:20 PM
Lucan sighs, but smiles and walks up to her. Is this what you mean? he says, then kisses her.

Emlyn
2010-03-13, 11:49 PM
Before you pull away she whispers, "Be careful, I'd hate to see such a nice elf die." Addressing both of you she says, "Good luck to you and I eagerly await your return." Almost as an afterthought she adds, "And don't be surprised at what you find."

GreenMuffin
2010-03-14, 12:27 PM
Lucan now heads downstairs to the bartender.