PDA

View Full Version : The Endless Dungeon - Kryoni

Tyndmyr
2009-11-29, 01:56 PM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/Starting.jpg

You awaken in the center of a 10ft by 15ft room with stone walls, ceilings, and floors. A torch is burning on the wall behind you, while the other three walls have closed, metal doors with brackets allowing you to bar them from the inside. Unfortunately, only two metal rods are lying on the floor.

TKDfirefly
2009-11-29, 06:55 PM
Kryoni groans as he wakes and looks around. "I guess I drank a little too much last night. Where am I?" He rises to examine the walls and doors. "These walls look good and thick. Maybe I can make this my lair. That would be hot." A small flare of fire flings out of his mouth with the word hot. His eyes glow as he peers around the room again.

North Door
Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
East Door
Search [roll2]
Listen [roll3]
South Door
Search [roll4]
Listen [roll5]
Activate See the Unseen

(OOC)
Just realized that I forgot to pick my invocation. I choose See the Unseen.

Tyndmyr
2009-12-04, 12:05 AM
At the north door, you hear several quiet voices chatting, though they are too low to be overheard. You also hear something softly crackling.

At the other two doors, you hear nothing.

TKDfirefly
2009-12-04, 08:10 AM
"Interesting. I wish I could make out what was being said," mutters Kryoni as he grabs the two metal bars. "Best make them wait to see a Dragonfire Adept. If they put me in here, there are probably ready for me to come through the door." He slides the bar to block the north door. He smiles at a thought and a small flame dances behind his teeth. "They will not expect me to come behind them." So he bars the east door and opens the south door. He peers inside looking for a threat.

Spot [roll0]

Tyndmyr
2009-12-09, 01:46 AM
Once you open the door, you see a short, narrow, unlit, hallway, five feet in width, and twenty in length. Just over halfway down, a door leads to the left, while at the end, another door leads straight ahead.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/SouthDoor.jpg

TKDfirefly
2009-12-09, 03:24 PM
"A nice hallway with three entry points. This allows for a chase to happen but with options. Maybe a different route or an ambush." Kryoni brings forth a piece of chalk from his backpack and marks both sides of the door he just opened. Then closing it as quietly as he can, he moves softly to investigate on the other doors. I like this place as a lair so far. I just hope it does not become my grave.

Move Silently [roll0]
West Door
Search [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
South Door
Search [roll3]
Listen [roll4]

Tyndmyr
2009-12-11, 02:33 AM
Both doors appear to be clean of traps, poisons, locks, and other nasties. They are made of plain, unadorned wood, and appear to be rather thin and quite old.

You hear nothing to the south, but distinct sounds of scraping and chewing to the east.

TKDfirefly
2009-12-11, 02:40 PM
"You most sound most interesting my alternate path." Kryoni says at the east door. "Your secrets have charmed me into choosing you. You better not disappoint." A cold smile crawls over his face as he states his second sentence to the door. A flicker of flame runs through that smile. Instead of warming it, it made seem much darker. Kryoni gathers himself up and opens the door.

Kryoni readies his breath weapon, the Entangling variety.
Spot [roll0]

Thelas
2009-12-11, 03:24 PM
In a particularily messy 15ft by 15ft room, you see two zombie kobolds feasting on the remains of one of their brethren. There is a door on the far side of the room.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TKDfirefly
2009-12-12, 02:28 PM
Kryoni does not wait to fill the room with flames. The fire swirls and burns all that is in the room. As it starts to die down, a solid layer covers the floor and snags onto the zombies. "Do you like my net of fire?" questions Kryoni. He does not wait for an answer as he pulls out his morningstar and readies himself for his next move.

Breath DC is 15. Since it is a net, half damage to the zombies. [roll0]. If they fail their Reflex saves, they become entangled. Take 1d6 damage at the start of my turn for [roll1] rounds.
Initiative [roll2]

TKDfirefly
2009-12-13, 10:57 AM
Before the zombies can recover from the first breath, Kryoni releases another one. However, the breath seems to swirl and move normally as it enters the room. "Burn" snarls Kryoni as the breath ends. He twirls his morningstar around in his hand as he watches the his flames die down a little.

Fire net [roll0]
Fire breath [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2009-12-14, 11:29 PM
Reflex saves(closer zombie first):
[roll0]
[roll1]

On their turn, they will both twitch AND burn. Back to you.

TKDfirefly
2009-12-15, 07:42 AM
"You guys should really lighten up" says Kryoni with a dark smile. The net seems to lurch up and catch new pieces of the zombies to burn. His smile becomes more sinister looking as another cone of fire blast forth from his mouth. He enjoys watching the zombies become a pile of ashes before his eyes. Not to mention the extra heat is always welcome in a cool dungeon.

Fire net [roll0]
Fire breath [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2009-12-20, 11:35 PM
Net's still in effect right? No need to bother rolling for the next round. Minimum damage will kill them.

+300 XP.

Loot: 160 GP, the usual equipment they use.

TKDfirefly
2009-12-21, 12:13 PM
Kryoni roars and lets forth a small flame fly in the air as he celebrates his victory. He picks through the remains and happily sees that the gold has been untarnished. The equipment however has been burned to a crisp. "That is ok. I did not like the looks of that anyway." He pulls his chalk out and marks the door on both sides. He inches toward the door and checks it out.

Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

(OOC)
A map continuation would be nice. Also, I found out that armor does not affect my use of dragon breaths. So I will be looking for that too in the future.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-03, 12:17 AM
OOC: Oh, there's armor on this level, guaranteed.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/SWQuadrant.jpg

As you listen at the door at N5, you hear squeaking, and the sounds of many scampering little feet on the other side.

DM info:

8 rats, CR1 in room K5.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-04, 12:20 AM
"I wonder if there are more zombies to burn behind this door." Kryoni asks out loud. He lets forth a small flame to dance across the bottom of the door. Actually he says it quite louder than necessary but it does not change his path of choice. "My fire is all I need to survive." he mutters as he opens the door.

Intimidate to whatever is on the other side of the door [roll0]. No idea what sort of penalties there are for a door being in the way. Also have no idea if the dancing flame can help but it looks cool in my mind.
Kryoni readies an Entangling breath.
Spot [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-04, 08:13 PM
Gotta have LoS to demoralize.

As you open the door, you see eight rats clawing at the door just in front of you.

Init:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

TKDfirefly
2010-01-05, 03:31 PM
"Wow. Dinner." Kryoni states with a dark grin. A small flame flicks across his lips and then come bursting forth. The fire covers the rats and the room. This inferno seems thicker than normal and it becomes more apparent as it does not disappear quickly. Instead it lingers and seems to trap the rats.

DC 15. Entangling is half damage [roll0]
Lasts for [roll1] rounds.
Initiative [roll2]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-05, 07:52 PM
Well, seven of them beat your init, so they take their hits before they all go to their bright future. Well, bright and warm.

Given that they need a crit to do more than minimum damage, I wont bother rolling damage unless they get 20s.

Bites:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Then, they all die, granting you 300 xp.

Then, looting the room, you get 90 GP, and find an old masterpiece painting in decent condition(estimated worth 1400 GP).

TKDfirefly
2010-01-06, 03:36 PM
A roar of victory erupts from Kryoni as the flames die down. He quickly marks the door and then eagerly walks through the room and checks it out, picking up the loose coins as he moves. He notices the painting and sighs "I am glad it was a round the corner. I like this piece." He switches his morningstar for his dagger and selects a nice big rat. "A fellow has to eat" Kryoni mutters as he carves into the flame roasted mouse. He goes back and looks at the painting. "I think this would look great in my study. Or maybe bedroom. There is also the audience chamber that will need something also." he discusses with himself as he finishes his meal. He then cleans off his dagger and brandishes his morningstar again. "Time to get moving."

North Door
Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Northeast Door
Search [roll2]
Listen [roll3]
Southeast Door
Search [roll4]
Listen [roll5]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-07, 12:10 AM
Nothing found on any of the doors, or heard at any of them.

DM Info:

Random encounter roll for room M8: Small viper, CR .5

TKDfirefly
2010-01-07, 12:26 AM
After a sigh of annoyance, Kryoni mutters "Silence. So boring. I do believe that I should be close to my original room. It should be around here somewhere." He wonders through the north door as he finishes his musing and looks around.

Spot check [roll0]
Listen check [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-07, 08:09 PM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/CenterDoor.jpg

You peer down a long, gloomy, empty hallway, with half a dozen mouldering wooden doors, all alike, along it's length. Your excellent sense of direction leads you to realize that this door opens into a hallway that, on the left, leads back to the starting room.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-07, 09:10 PM
"No point in trying a door that I know is barred shut" Kryoni states matter-of-factly. He wonders up and down the hall checking each door with care. He also makes sure to mark the two doors he knows. "I wonder which way I investigate first."

So many doors to check
Door at I5
Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Door at I8
Search [roll2]
Listen [roll3]
Door at J10
Search [roll4]
Listen [roll5]
Door at K8
Search [roll6]
Listen [roll7]
Door at K3
Search [roll8]
Listen [roll9]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-07, 09:19 PM
Door at I5 - You hear faint sounds of something small, barely moving at all.

Door at I8 - You hear humming and buzzing sounds. Possibly of multiple creatures.

Door at J10 - You hear nothing at all.

Door at K8 - You hear nothing at all.

Door at K3 - You hear nothing at all.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-08, 06:28 PM
"This is so troublesome. So many places to check. However, I chose this one" Kryoni states as he points at the door closest to his original starting point. Unless I missed secret doors, this room only has one way in and out. That can be useful. Wielding his morningstar and preparing his mind, he thrusts open the door.

Ready an Entangling breath.
Spot [roll0]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-16, 09:19 PM
You see a 10ft by 10ft room, with an Orc(L3) Guarding a chest(L4).

You have surprise(stupid natural 1 for the orc).

TKDfirefly
2010-01-17, 02:03 AM
With a roar, Kryoni releases his fiery breath on the unsuspecting orc. The flames jump and leap and cling to the entire room. The fiery net tries to grab onto this new victim. I hate orcs. A quick twirl of his morningstar and Kryoni unleashes another wave of flames. The net seems to surge and find new areas to burn with this additional source of fire. "Burn my friend. Just burn."

Entangling breath DC 15 Half Damage [roll0] Rounds [roll1]
Initiative [roll2]
Net damage [roll3]
Breath damage [roll4]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-17, 11:16 AM
A look of shock on his face, the orc does just that. As the flames die down, you gain 150 XP, and on his crispy body you find a sapphire pendant with a gold chain(worth 1100 GP).

The wooden chest looks blackened, but hasn't quite caught on fire.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-17, 12:30 PM
"Thank you for following my wishes" Kryoni states with a slight bow toward the crispy remains of the orc. "Now if only you were kind enough to have this necklace hold a ruby instead of a sapphire. I guess I can not have everything I desire...yet." He removes the necklace and slowly places it on himself. Even though it is glowly from the being covered in fire, the necklace does not harm its new owner. "Now if I could just have a mirror to truly see how this looks." Kryoni looks over the orc to see if he had anything else useful and then moves on to the chest and tries to open it. He also examines the door to see whether or not it can be kept shut from the inside.

Search the orc [roll0]
Search door [roll1]
If the door can be barred shut from the inside, Kryoni will go back to the first room. He will remove the bar from the east door and carry the bar on him. If not, there is no reason to do any of that.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-17, 12:57 PM
Nothing else on the orc, Im afraid, but you could probably wedge stuff in the door to make it stuck. It is a rather battered old wooden door though, so there's no guarantee it'll hold up to much abuse.

The chest opens easily, revealing 700 SP waiting for you.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-17, 01:27 PM
"A possible safety zone is better than none. This will make a good start." Kryoni states as he looks at the small room. He then wanders back to bring the painting he found and place it in his new "bedroom". He also gathers a few of the cooked rats and bring them bacfk to the room. "No need to waste food. This chest will also useful. Now I can move on." Kryoni marks the door and then goes back into the hallway. He gathers himself up and goes to the closest door. Time to see what you hold.

Prepares a Entangling breath and opens I5 door.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-17, 04:10 PM
At the end of a gloomy, 30ft hallway, lit only by a single candle hanging in a rusty bracket, in front of the third and last door(one door each going east, west and north), you see a badger, whom is sleeping peacefully in a furry ball.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-17, 09:02 PM
The rats were an appetizer. This here is the main course. Kryoni releashes a line of fire that starts small but once it reaches it full length, spreads out to wash the entire chamber with the heavy clinging flames. He then closes his mouth only to open it again and send forth another wave of fire. This wave seems to help the lingering flames surge over everything within the hallway. "Rise and shine."

Entangling breath in line form. 30 ft long line. DC 15. Half damage [roll0]. Lasts for [roll1] rounds.
Initiative [roll2]
Fire net [roll3]
Line of fire [roll4]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-17, 09:47 PM
The badger dies quickly, providing you with another 150 xp.

TKDfirefly
2010-01-17, 10:06 PM
"Goodbye danger and hello food. I just wish I did not fill up on a rat first." Kryoni drags the badger all the way back to the zombie room. "There" he says with a sigh of relief "Now if anything comes after the scent of the meat, I should not meet it right away. Now in search of my next prey." Kryoni returns to the hallway and investigates the doors.

If I could get an updated map that would be useful. I think there are three doors I need to check. I am checking clockwise starting with my left most door.
Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Search [roll2]
Listen [roll3]
Search [roll4]
Listen [roll5]

Tyndmyr
2010-01-24, 10:27 AM
First Door(left-w) - Nothing heard, nothing found.

Second Door(straight-N) - A number of small creatures heard, nothing found.

Third Door(right-E) - Nothing heard, nothing found.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/DeckTheHalls.jpg

TKDfirefly
2010-01-24, 12:23 PM
"Is that scurrying I hear?" Kryoni asks at the north most door. "Last time brought forth food. I hope this time it will bring forth dessert." He adjusts himself with eagerness to move on. Then Kryoni opens the door.

Prepares an Entangling Breath.
Spot [roll0]
To help save time, here is Initiative if I need it for this room. [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2010-02-01, 12:39 AM
You enter a 15ft by 15ft room, with six goblins inside(A3, A4, A5, B3, B5, C4). There is a door on the left side of the wall you entered. You have surprise on all but the one closest to the door, who acts on the surprise round on init: [roll0].

Tyndmyr
2010-02-01, 12:40 AM
Due to the luck on his listen and init checks, the goblin nearest the door adjusts to C5, then attempts to smash you with his morningstar.

Morningstar:[roll0]
Dmg:[roll1]

Edit: Guess his luck just ran out.

TKDfirefly
2010-02-01, 03:56 PM
Kryoni roars as he releashes his flaming breath. A net of flame tries to fill the room but it is unfortunately not big enough. This does not stop the flames from going after all it can reach. He sees the movement of his flame and smiles.

Entangling breath. DC 15. Half damage [roll0]
My breath did not touch the goblins in A3 and B3

Demons_eye
2010-02-13, 11:48 PM
The golbins scream and try to get out of the way of the flames but to little avail. The flames seam to form ropes around the goblins tieing them down and burning them more.

[roll0] Goblin C4
[roll1] Goblin B5
[roll2] Goblin A5
[roll3] Goblin A4

This last for [roll4] turns before the fire dies down but this is just insult to injury as all the goblins perish from the hateful flames.

The last two goblin panic and throw javelin's before pulling their morning stars in wait for death.

A3 Goblin
[roll5] Attack
[roll6] Damage

B3
[roll7] Attack
[roll8] Damage

Demons_eye
2010-02-13, 11:49 PM
B3 Confirm cit:
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

TKDfirefly
2010-02-15, 11:01 PM
Kryoni takes a javelin through his shoulder. He roars out in pain and focuses on the last two goblins. He takes a step or two and then releashes his next flame of death. This fire is thick and heavy like the last one. The lingering flames seem to jump and move with the appearance of new flames.

Net damage [roll0]
Entangling breath. DC 15. Half damage [roll1]. Lasts for [roll2] rounds.

Demons_eye
2010-02-16, 06:24 PM
Dont you have a cool down time when you use entangling breath?

If you dont die you gain 600 exp and find there weapons/armor a small breastplate and 172 gold coins on the bodies.

TKDfirefly
2010-02-16, 08:30 PM
(OOC)
No cool down time for my breath weapon. Entangling breath is a variation of my breath weapon due to a feat. So I get to level up. Yay :smallbiggrin:

Kryoni looks over the burnt remains of the goblins. "You had to hurt me, didn't you?" He gathers up the loose coins and stores them in his purse. He has to polish a good number to remove the soot but otherwise they are undamaged. He then investigates the armor, looking to see if it will fit him and which pieces are the best. Kryoni then sits down and breathes easy, his first break since he awoke in this dungeon.

I am not sure what is going with HP when we level up. Are we suppose to roll or take average? Are we healed back up to full?