PDA

View Full Version : [Class] Additional Totem Barbarians

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-11-29, 04:25 PM
Mammoth Totem
http://meatofthematter.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mammoth.jpg
A barbarian dedicated to the mammoth totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

* At 1st level, a mammoth-totem barbarian's strength increases by an additional +2 when he rages.
* At 3rd level a mammoth-totem barbarian gains Power Attack as a bonus feat.
* At 5th level a mammoth-totem barbarian gains Improved Overrun as a bonus feat even if he doesn't meet the prerequisites.

-=-=-=-=-=

Whale Totem
http://naturescrusaders.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/killer-whale.jpg
A barbarian dedicated to the whale totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

* At 1st level, a whale-totem barbarian gains a swim speed equal to one-half his base land speed (round down to the nearest 5-foot interval). For instance, a human or half-orc whale-totem barbarian has a swim speed of 15 feet, while a dwarf whale-totem barbarian has a swim speed of 10 feet. This stacks with any existing swim speed.
* At 2nd level, a whale-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on Perform (sing) checks, and may sing underwater.
* A 3rd level a whale-totem barbarian gains Power Attack as a bonus feat.
* At 5th level, a whale-totem barbarian's swim speed equals his base land speed.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Wolverine Totem
http://www.topsynergy.net/tools/animal-spirits/images/wolverine.jpg
A barbarian dedicated to the wolverine totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

* At 1st level, a wolverine-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on Intimidate checks.
* A 3rd level, a wolverine-totem barbarian gains immunity to fear.
* At 5th level and higher, a wolverine-totem barbarian's rage lasts for 2 rounds longer than normal.
* Whenever a wolverine-totem barbarian at 7th level is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the barbarian is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. The benefits of this ability stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Ram Totem
http://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/natural/mammals/_images/bhsheep.jpg
A barbarian dedicated to the ram totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following abilities.

* At 1st level, a ram-totem barbarian gains a climb speed equal to one-half his base land speed (round down to the nearest 5-foot interval). For instance, a human or half-orc ram-totem barbarian has a climb speed of 15 feet, while a dwarf ram-totem barbarian has a climb speed of 10 feet.
* At 2nd level, a ram-totem barbarian takes half damage from falling.
* A 3rd level a ram-totem barbarian gains Improved bullrush as a bonus feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
* At 5th level, a ram-totem barbarian's climb speed equals his base land speed.

Eloel
2009-11-29, 04:37 PM
typo at 5th level wolverine.

DracoDei
2009-11-29, 06:37 PM
Wolverine starts out a bit weak.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-11-29, 06:48 PM
Wolverine starts out a bit weak.
Yeah, but makes up for it with the others I think and then some.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-11-29, 08:06 PM
I don't think I've ever actually seen more totems outside of Unearthed Arcana, it's a very fun concept to dig into now that you've brought these up. It would be interesting to see something like say, dinosaur-totems and certain South American creatures(like frogs and birds, not the cliche jaguar).

arguskos
2009-11-29, 08:09 PM
There needs to be a walrus totem, so you can say, "I am the Walrus! Googoogajoob!"

Icewalker
2009-11-29, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I like the idea of the totem barbarian, and it's great to see more and more interesting choices than the ones available. There are definitely some really interesting ones out there.

This also makes me want to get back to working on that one set of classes I started...