PDA

View Full Version : Pylenxia IC Team 1

Archangelat
2009-11-29, 06:47 PM
Roars, shouts, hoots, growls and a myriad of other strange and inhuman sounds echoed throughout the Temedon rainforst that the Amazons called home.

Though the cacophony, a solitary female voice could be barley heard:

"Welcome...Everyone please...down..."

ROOOOARRR!!

Overpowering the crescendo of small talk and bestial greetings, the roar brought a dwindling silence amongst the throng of gathered monstrosities and Amazon warriors.

"Thank you Tivarious of Windheath. Welcome everyone to the Temdon Rainforest. I know many of you have traveled far from your homes to be here and as the Matriarch of the Temdon Amazons, I thank you for your dedication.

As we all know, over the years, the Lord of the blackened North has continued to send his pack dogs in the form of Huntsmen after all the were-creatures of the land to be used as slaves and the Amazons for forced reproduction and pleasures of the flesh for his army.

Additionally, he has planted the seed of hate and prejudice in the human villages and cities so that we are no longer welcome in most civilized human dwellings.

It is for these reasons, that the grand council of the land had been formed in secrecy for the past three years. The council has taken this time to strike at the Land of Death for its ruthless crimes against all of us!

We are joined here by the majority of the tribe, pack, pride and other leaders of the various regions of the land. Through careful consideration and debate, the council has chosen two packs consisting of four champions each to strike the first righteous nails against the Death Lord!

However, before we continue further, each pack must choose a leader by the traditional Temedon and Were-society tradition of leadership challenge!"

At this, the recently quieted crowd sprang into a tidal wave of claps, roars and growls.

"To the challenge arena!"

"I bet 1,000 gp on that River fellar'!"

"Michael's my pick. He looks quiet but I've seen him crush a bear's skull without breaking a sweat!"

"Methinks the Otter might surprise you both."

"An Otter, what the hell is that gonna do? Build a dam and hide behind it?"

(Please go to your respective OOC threads for the challenge rules and explanations. The matches will take place in each pack's respective IC threads.)

tiny tim
2009-11-29, 08:29 PM
I walk over to the panther and introduce myself.

Hello. My name is Michael. Now, I hope that you do not have a problem with this, but I will not be taking part in the challenge. I find that this type of fighting is unnecessary.

appending_doom
2009-11-29, 08:36 PM
A stocky young man, bearing a badger's face and claws, overhears Michael's entreaties, and stalks to the pair's side.

"Tooth and claw are needed to survive the hunters," he growls. "Tooth and claw are needed to lead our kind. What sort of half-life have you lived, if you don't understand that?"

Der Arbol
2009-11-29, 08:41 PM
As he headed for the arena amongst the crowd, Conrad worried about the prospect of an open fight with other lycans. He considered for a second just succeeding leadership of the group and avoiding a fight altogether, but he knew that he had to at least try if he was going to have any pull with his fellow lycans. As he approached the arena, Conrad thought to himself: I hope I don't break anything.

tiny tim
2009-11-29, 09:34 PM
The large man's face turns towards the newcomer, radiating a sense of peace and calm. The short and stocky newcomer can feel a sense of calmness descending upon him.(as calm emotions)

I assure you that I have had no half-life. I will fight if it is in defense, or other wise necessary, but I have no ambitions of becoming the leader of this pack. Nor do I have any desire to fight any of these people here.

FirebirdFlying
2009-11-29, 10:09 PM
Reida

Oh dear. How did I get into this? Reida slips through the crowd in fully human form, shaking her head - Badgers build dams, not otters - and how did that man get a thousand…never mind. She eavesdrops on the badger and bear for a minute, then comes up beside the three smiling. "Hello! My new pack-mates, I presume?" She sizes them up.

It's not that I particularly want to be pack-leader, but I do want the best one…This Michael seems well enough. We'll see.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-29, 10:30 PM
RIverdweller was not the happiest creature on the continent right then. He did not like crowds-even when of his own kind, they made him nervous. He did not especially care for the Amazaons. And he hated challenges.

Not because he was surprisingly bad at them. Not at all. In his devastating Hybrid form, River could go one-on-one with anyone, or anything, on the continent and beat it to a bloody pulp. And that was the problem-he was too good. Too strong. He had to hold himself back or risk injuring somebody. And he did not want to cripple one of his new packmates before the mission even started.

He looked over the teeming crowd again, seeking the face had committed to memory. A mousy face with beady eyes, capped in short, unkempt brown hair. The face of a traitor. His village had taken her in, and she had repaid them with a knife to the back. And if she was not in the crowd, then who else? How was he to know where the loyalty of each member of the crowd lay?

He could not. Except for himself. So he would have to fight, to ensure the pack's loyalty. He sighed, and turned and headed for the arena. The crowds parted before him as easily as his crocodile form parted water, perhaps encouraged by the mask of grim resolve on River's face.

Der Arbol
2009-11-29, 10:53 PM
As Conrad entered the waiting area he saw the other group of lycans talking amongst one another, but decided to stay off to the side by himself.

How he had ended up here, or rather why he was asked to come here, was still a bit of a mystery to Conrad. When he was offered the chance to strike back at the "Death Lord" Conrad couldn't refuse, but what he wondered as he stood there by himself was how in the world this council of lycans had known to select him. He had thought that he kept a low-profile, that he was undetectable and completely innocuous; yet this council had determined his identity and selected him for a mission alongside their best knowing full well his potential, perhaps these "savages" are better prepared (and have better intelligence) than they get credit for.

When Conrad snapped out of his thoughts, he noticed a very large man standing beside him.

Oh crap! Your... big.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-30, 12:37 AM
Black Coat Amy

Black-Coat Amy grinned and her crew cheered for her, even though they knew she would be leaving them after this, regardless of the outcome of the fight.

"Sisters! Sisters, quiet down please! Tomorrow, as some of you may have heard," she passes a glance over the cabin girl, Sally, "I'm going to personally help this here tribe. I'm not asking any of you to come with me, I get that most of you will be unwilling, so this is just good-bye. I'm not sure of how long, but I'll be damned before I say I ain't comin' back. But enough of this heavy talk," she slams her foot on the table, "tonight, lets just enjoy the the night, the booze, and the men," she shouts as she looks her crew over once more as some of them had started to cheer and laughs, "and the women too I s'pose!" They roared with laughter and delight.

She drops down from the table, missing the seat closely and walked towards the bar, where a woman hands her a drink and cries, "Oh come cap'n, you've got to take it! It's your last night with us!" Amy shrugged and waved it away, "Aw cap'n you're so cold!" she giggled. They all knew of her low tolerance of alcohol, and teased her for it. She didn't mind, though, they were kin, even if not by blood "The coldest there is Amelia." she smiled.

The next morning had been slightly different than they had all expected, and the rest of the day up till now was ever stranger. Not only would they be watching her fight, but their beloved captain would be battling with those of kindred blood. Lycanthropes. Well, maybe not kindred blood in the purest sense, but it would still be quite a spectacle and a treat for these sea-weary women. Perhaps as much for the other folk of the isle.

No rules, huh? This should be interesting, she muses as she takes her final step into the ring, "Interesting indeed" she mutters aloud with her hands at her hips.

Taking her hat from her head and flourishing it with a low sweeping bow, she says, "Captain Black Coat Amy, at your service. Captain, and your new 'pack leader' as it were. As a returning member of this fine tribe, I think you'll find it quite fitting."

EDIT'd: Out the roll.

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 12:49 AM
Adeya moves through crowd with a practiced ease, making her way towards the gathering. Wonderful, we haven't even taken to the road yet and they've started a pissing contest. She thinks as she approaches.

Walking up to Conrad and Riverdweller, she nods slowly at each of them. Greetings my new friends, I hear we're to bring the good fight to the vaunted Death Lord. She says, extending her hand to both of them in greeting.

Adeya is a female githzerai werewolf, right now she's in githzerai form, tall and lanky and not carrying any weapons or wearing any armor.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-30, 01:04 AM
A voice nearby jarred River from his thoughts. His head whipped back and forth looking for the speaker before finding Conrad standing right next to him. "Yeah, I get that a lot," he said. "But wait 'till you see me in the arena!" He chuckled.

Then came the... woman? Certainly not a race he was familiar with. Taking her extended hand gently, he said, "And it's about time, too. Of course he's going to treat us like a rug if we just take it lying down!"

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 01:17 AM
Adeya raises her eyebrow slightly at the large man's pause. Well spoken. She says as he shakes her hand. I look forward to facing you in the arena, it's been a while since I've had the opportunity to test my skills against a warrior of the blood.

Der Arbol
2009-11-30, 09:46 AM
Conrad sized up his new teamates and wondered what surprises each of them held hidden beneath their human forms. The giant, well half-giant, was formidable already, let alone transformed, and this elf-ish character was slender, unarmed, and unintimidating, all the more reason to take her seriously. But Conrad still looked forward to the upcoming fight, seeing it as an excellent opportunity to test his open combat skills.

Well, good luck fighting him. By the way, my name's Conrad.

Scow2
2009-11-30, 10:52 AM
Davian Hawkstar scanned the crowds for any attractive females, the vibrant coloration of his fur and red armor highlights working with his gleaming, impeccably-crafted almost-ceremonial Scale Mail to help stand out. It didn't take him long to find his assigned "Pack"... all he had to do was find the big ugly lizard with the bad breath.

When he finally made his way over to them, he looked them over, all apparently in their humanoid forms. "Ha! So you guys are my new teammates, then?" He asked, his voice deceptively humanlike, if brash and out-volumed, despite his beastial form. "I'm Davian M. Hawkstar, Registered Badass." he introduced himself with hot-blooded confidence.

Adeya is a female githzerai werewolf, right now she's in githzerai form, tall and lanky and not carrying any weapons or wearing any armor.

But is she wearing any clothes?:smalltongue:

RandomLunatic
2009-11-30, 12:24 PM
"All right, I'll look forward to it," River said to the yellow-skinned woman. Seeing intorductions were going around, he made his own. "My full name's Riverdweller, but you can just call me 'River'. Or 'Pack Leader'," he added with a wide grin.

Scow2
2009-11-30, 01:30 PM
"JHa! You, pack leader? Don't count on it," Davian replied with a grin, baring his hygenically-sound, sharp teeth. "Gotta get through me first... Of course, your breath might just vanquish anyone who tried to challenge you..." Davian continued, his breath comment clearly in jest.

appending_doom
2009-11-30, 03:54 PM
Morthas snorts at the bear. "You'll follow a man who won his place by fighting, though," he mutters. "You must not care that much about your pacifism."

Morthas uses his detect magic spell-like ability and concentrates on Michael (and anyone standing behind him as a side-effect). Amusingly, he learns nothing other than the location and strength of each magical aura (if he can concentrate for 3 rounds), as he has no ranks in Spellcraft.

Archangelat
2009-11-30, 06:47 PM
After much shoving and jostling, the throng has arrived. Before them was set a large clearing in the shape of a circle of 60 feet in diameter. Within the circle, a large tree of unknown species towered into the sky.

From the ground, the tree seemed to be about 80 feet at least. Along the trunk of the tree was wrapped odd vines with purple bulb shaped flowers. The side opposite the tree was dominated by a small rock pile of approximately 40 feet in height.

"Silence!"

"Thank you. The leadership challenges shall begin with the first match between Morthas of Morigul boarders and Reida, also from the same region!

You have ten minutes to prepare."

(At this point, sid will be taking over the battle sequence. I have PMed him information about the tree and the hill as well as the first match up for team 2.)

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 08:33 PM
Morthas and Reida-go ahead and post whatever your preparation actions are and roll initiative, then it'll be time for the fun to begin.

Archangelat
2009-11-30, 08:47 PM
Team 2's matches will take place in their own IC thread located here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7406161#post7406161).

appending_doom
2009-11-30, 08:56 PM
Morthas carefully settles outside the circle, checking the status of his weapons, including a silver spear. This, he holds loosely in one hand, readied for combat.

He shifts the pack on his back, making sure it is settled easily on his back, and the opening is easily accessible.

After about half the time passes, he brushes his paw over his eyes, and an unearthly glow briefly suffuses them, before fading to the normal, odd reflective appearance they normally have.

Renewing see the unseen's see invisibility feature, which remains for 8 minutes, or approximately 3 minutes after the fight starts.

He steps to the edge of the circle furthest from his opponent, fidgeting with the edges of his shadowy cloak, and, when the word is given, steps inside.

Initiative: [roll0]

For general reference:

Perception +6; see invisibility, darkvision 60, low-light vision, scent

Initiative: 8

DR 10/silver, DR 2/cold iron

AC 25 (uncanny dodge, natch); touch 15

HP 136/136

Active Spell (like abilities): see the unseen, fell flight
call of the beast, entropic warding (pass without trace only)

FirebirdFlying
2009-11-30, 11:27 PM
Reida blinks as her name is called, frowning slightly. Well. She hums, and after a few minutes pads slowly over to the edge of the arena with the rocks to her immediate right. She changes, fur sweeping across her nonetheless still humanoid body.

Her humming changes to an odd series of whistles and cooing, still strangely fascinating, and she stretches, concentrating. A slight breeze picks up around her, barely noticeable. She waits.

Init:

[roll0]

Actions:

Enter Step of the Wind stance.
Begin bardic music effect, Fascinate directed to Morthas as soon as my turn comes around - DC [roll1].

Stats:

HP: 72/72
AC: 32, 20 touch, 27 flat-footed; DR 10/silver
No penalties to movement through uneven terrain

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 11:43 PM
As the match begins Reida continues her song, weaving her magic into the sounds.

Morthas needs to make a will save or else be enthralled by the song, but the effect will be broken if Reida does anything blatantly threatening. (assuming you fail anyway).

appending_doom
2009-11-30, 11:50 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

Morthas doesn't immediately respond when the challenge begins; he is still watching the otter, but his gaze is less focused.

Fascinated

Perception +2; see invisibility, darkvision 60, low-light vision, scent

HP 136/136

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 11:55 PM
Reida's song seems to capture Morthas's attention to the exclusion of all else, he stands and listens to her song.

Well it's Reida's turn again, I'm not really sure what the point of fascinate was but it worked.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 12:40 AM
Black-Coat Amy

Amy watches, arms folded at the two combatants. The girl was singing and the once seemingly-violent man was simply standing there. Watching. It was somewhat amusing, but overall it was boring by comparison to what was meant to be expected. Obvious boos ensue from the crew, and possibly from the rest of the crowd.

"Boo! What are you trying to do? Sing him to death!?"

Amy probably wasn't heard over the crowd, but she had to try, this was boring. They had all come to watch a fight, and a fight they should get.

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-01, 12:48 AM
Reida approaches, appearing to take no notice when Morthas nearly shakes off her song. It breaks off several feet away, though, and as his eyes regain understanding, she pounces.

I hope this works…

Actions:

Move.
Use maneuver Mighty Throw:

Mighty Throw
Setting Sun (Strike)
Level: Swordsage 1
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched

You use superior leverage and your Setting Sun training to send an opponent tumbling to the ground.

As part of this maneuver, you must succeed on a melee touch attack against your foe. Resolve the throw as a trip attempt, but you do not provoke attacks of opportunity, and your opponent cannot try to trip you if you lose the opposed check. You can use your Dexterity or Strength modifier, whichever is higher. You gain a +4 bonus on the ability check.

If you succeed in tripping your foe, you throw it up to 10 feet away from you. The target falls prone in the destination space. You choose where it lands. You must place the target in an empty space. If you lack the distance to throw your target into a clear space, it falls prone in its current space.

An enemy you throw with this maneuver does not provoke attacks of opportunity for passing through enemies' threatened areas as part of the throw, and you can throw an enemy through occupied squares.

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Dexterity Check: [roll1]

Use swift action to change stance to Leaping Dragon Stance.

Stats:

AC: 32, 20 touch, 27 flat-footed; DR 10/silver
No penalties to movement through uneven terrain

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 12:54 AM
The effects of Reida's song fade as she moves with a sudden swiftness to try and unbalance her opponent, but just as she gets close enough to touch him she stumbles on an unseen roots from the tree and her grab goes wild.

Morthas's turn, have fun.

appending_doom
2009-12-01, 12:58 AM
When Morthas comes to, he is standing next to the otter, her hands breezing past his arms.

He growls and flips his spear around to crouch and stab at her.

[roll0]

[roll1] if a hit

The purpose behind the strange crouch becomes apparent when Morthas then leaps off of the ground, the shadows of his cloak separating into wings of darkness, and he climbs 15 feet off the ground, and about 5 feet inward toward the tree. He glances back as his opponent, sneering.

"You got your one chance to get close to me, songstress," he growls. "Now, you'll get to see what I can do."

HP 136/136

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 01:02 AM
Reida gets an attack of opportunity on Morthas for moving out of a threatened square, then gets to take her turn (fascinate will not force Morthas to land if that's your idea.)

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 01:10 AM
Amy's crew "whoa"s in amazement, but she, while somewhat impressed, shouts approvingly while clapping, seeming to not notice the badger's superhuman feat, "'at'a boy! 'at'a boy! Now lets see some real fight'n'!"

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-01, 03:16 PM
Reida snaps around, raising one leg in a kick, then lands as Morthas flies up. "So tell me," she says, "how do you feel about Pylenxia?"

From her slight crouch, she jumps, grabbing at Morthas' legs and attempting to clamber up.

Actions:

Now I'm getting into trouble. My weaknesses against his, well, strength. :smallcool: Oh well. This is fun. :smallbiggrin:
AoO: [roll0]
AoO damage: [roll1]
Jump check: [roll2]
Um, Climb check if necessary: [roll3]
Grab (touch attack): [roll4]
Grapple: [roll5]

Stats:

AC: 32, 20 touch, 27 flat-footed
Hybrid Form
Leaping Dragon Stance

appending_doom
2009-12-01, 05:37 PM
Morthas responds to the leap with an instinctive jab downward with his spear. "Persistent, aren't you?" he asks.

AoO (Including +2 bonus from Bracers of Opportunity, MIC p 81)
[roll0]

Damage (if hits)
[roll1]

Opposed Grapple
[roll2]
Grapple Modifier +12

AC 25; touch 15

HP 136/136

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 05:41 PM
Reida leaps up to the warlock and manages to evade his spear, but fails to gain a hold and drops back to the ground.

no grapple, and it is now Morthas's turn.

appending_doom
2009-12-01, 05:52 PM
After kicking the otter's hand from his leg, Morthas sighs and flicks one wrist negligently down. For a moment, a silver outline of his palm hangs in the air before it condenses into a spark of silver light that streaks down towards Rieda.

Almost without direction, his shadowy wings flutter, dragging him upwards another 20 feet, and hopefully out of reach of his opponent. He looks pensive, perhaps having bitten off more than he can chew.

Altitude: 35 feet

AC 25; touch 15

HP 136/136

appending_doom
2009-12-01, 05:54 PM
Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 06:00 PM
The silver ball of energy strikes Reida squarely in her chest, almost as soon as she lands back on solid ground.

huzzah! first blood.
Reida's turn.

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-01, 06:00 PM
Reida flinches slightly as the light sears her skin. ""Quite. But you haven't answered my question! And tell me, if I am so pitiful as you seem to think, why are you running away?"

Talking is a free action. No, I won't overdo it, but I still have my turn.

appending_doom
2009-12-01, 06:26 PM
"I'm not used to discussing politics in the middle of pitched combat," Morthas replies.

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-01, 08:55 PM
"Indulge me. After all, we are pack members. Think of it not as combat. Think of it as…fun.

Because, sir, you may send me to the brink of death here, and I may be obliged to follow you - but not necessarily for long. After all, if might made right, we should have bowed our heads to the Huntsmen long ago."

Reida changes, fully human-seeming again. Her form brightens, glows; the sunlight seems, momentarily, less bright than her.

"Tell me, Morthas, would you do to the Huntsmen what they do to us? I will submit - I will walk out of this circle, and I will bow to you as the leader of the pack; if you answer well enough. I will have loyalty to you - true loyalty, rather than what may be forced for a short while through custom.

Otters, after all, do not form packs."

Actions:

Change form as a standard action.
Activate Holy Radiance as a free action (no, there's no in-game effect here - she's hoping he might be good-aligned, IC, but he isn't nor can diplomacy work on PCs)

Stats:

HP:57/72
Human form
Leaping Dragon Stance
Holy Radiance: Bright light in a 10-foot radius, shadowy illumination out to 20 feet. If there happen to be any secret undead, er, I suppose they take 1d4 points of damage. I dunno, maybe there's animated rat skeletons under the rocks…:smalltongue:

appending_doom
2009-12-01, 09:42 PM
"You believe might does not make right. But..."

He hurls his spear at Rieda's feet.

Targeting the ground just in front of Rieda; AC 5, IIRC.

[roll0]

"The strong survive."

He drifts 5 feet forward, towards the central tree, and looks away from Rieda. "Ground me, and you won't have to beat me into submission."

Location: 20 feet from the central tree, 40 feet from the rock pile

AC 25; touch 15

HP 136/136

tiny tim
2009-12-01, 11:48 PM
I finally stand up in the crowd and speak up, in a very loud but calm yell.

Reida! You don't have to do it! Just because you do not want to fight does not mean you are weak. Do not let his thoughts corrupt your own.

With that I resume sitting in my seat.

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-02, 01:36 PM
Reida laughs. "You miss the point. Or perhaps you catch it, but disregard it. Well, little matter." She glances at Michael as he shouts out, and a quick grin flashes across her face. "I will not fight you. I will not ground you. I have not tried to injure you, and I will not. I did not come here to fight you or anyone else in this forest, custom or no." She wrenches the spear from the ground. "You think I am giving up. You think I am weak - but I am still alive. And here's for a bit of boneheadedness on my part!"

The light vanishes, replaced by twisting shadows, and she walks over to the rock pile, leaning against it. "I think I shall stay here until you answer my question. Or until, I suppose, you knock me unconscious, should you feel the need to do so."

A burst of flame erupts near her, and silhouettes crawl through the rocks, gasping and screaming without words. Tall, leering men bearing the insignia of the Death Lord hack at their bodies, laughing.

"Tell me, Morthas, would you do to Pylenxia - all of Pylenxia - as they do to us?"

The dark shapes stir, turn, drag at their tormentors with tooth and claw. They rise, and the Huntsmen's forms shift into those of peasants, unarmed, screaming as the lycans tear into their flesh. The same laughter erupts from them - one of the indeterminate shapes solidifies momentarily, staring up at Morthas with his own eyes, mocking, cruel, covered in blood.

"Is this what you want?" She smirks. "If so, all you need to do is lie.

Of course, I don't mean to accuse you. There are some here who would revel in these events, of course. I merely wish to ask - I find those who are too invested in their own strength abuse it, and I have - well. I'd much rather be carrying out this conversation without hostility. Or the pissing contests some people seem so fond of."

Actions:

Free action - extinguish light
Swift action - switch to Child of Shadow
Move action - walk to rocks
Standard action - cast Minor Image

Stats:

HP: 57/72
Human form
Child of Shadow stance:
Concealment

appending_doom
2009-12-02, 01:59 PM
Morthas appears unmoved by the pictures, perhaps familiar with the magic, or the carnage depicted within.

"I am in the business of survival,"Morthas mutters. "I have enough enemies without making more, no matter what their strength, and a history of cruel violence is a trail as sure as footprints and spoor.

"But I'll be more specific, if only to forestall more chattering: no. I hunt, when I need to, and I fight those who make themselves a danger to me. I gain nothing from ensuring others don't survive." He abruptly scowls, but remains, hovering, where he is. He looses his left hand from his spear and braces it, as if waiting for something. "So. Are you done playing?"

Actions:
Ready an eldritch blast if she jumps towards Morthas again.

Location: 20 feet from the central tree, 40 feet from the rock pile

AC 25; touch 15

HP 136/136

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-02, 02:44 PM
Reida smiles. "It's good enough for me. I told you, I won't fight you, and I still won't, unless you give me a reason to." She nods over to Michael and impatient Amy. "We'll let them have a go, shall we? And then - I'm betting you and she can duke it out. You seem…well enough. We'll see. Although, if your purpose is survival, I do wonder why you wish to be in this pack."

Swinging the spear she picked up over her shoulder, she walks out of the circle towards Michael, humming a little tune.

appending_doom
2009-12-02, 02:51 PM
After Rieda leaves the circle, Morthas lands and walks out of it himself. He approaches the otter.

He draws a thin wooden rod from his pack, and gestures towards Rieda. "You're injured," he says. "Do you want to go into your next fight wounded?"

"Also...may I have my spear back?" he asks. "I might need to get close to my next opponent."

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-02, 03:01 PM
She turns, smiling still, and hands him his spear with a slight bow. "Why, thank you - Morthas, right? Save it, though, for a more dangerous time and place when I cannot heal myself."

appending_doom
2009-12-02, 05:13 PM
Morthas nods, stows his spear and the wand, and steps next to Rieda to watch the next...confrontation. He rubs his eyes again, almost reflexively, and they glow briefly, as before.

He remains silent, and stoic, for quite a while, before the words escape his lips, and when they do, they are barely audible, even to Rieda.

"I am not concerned only...with my own survival." He abruptly turns and walks away, possibly for a better vantage point, but possibly also to avoid Rieda entirely.

tiny tim
2009-12-02, 05:38 PM
I walk over behind Reida and lay my hand on her shoulder.

You did a good thing, my friend. It takes a true heart to do something like that. However, I believe now it is my turn to converse with final team member. I only hope that she does not subscribe to the same philosophy as our other comrade.

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-02, 06:25 PM
Reida turns to Michael. "Thank you. …Do you know, I don't believe he's such a bad fellow, nor will he be a bad packmate. Well. Good luck!"

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-02, 09:11 PM
Amy

Amy stares at the scene slack-jawed. She moves her lips to say something, but buries it with her forehead in her palm. She muttered to herself aloud, though it would be blanketed by the ambient sounds of incredulity in the crowd, "That was disappointing... to say the least." Then looked on again to await the announcement of the next match-up.

Archangelat
2009-12-04, 12:32 PM
Amy was not the only one to be disappointed. Hisses and cackles rained through the crowd as eager viewers voiced their disappointment with the results for the first round.

"You call yourself a warrior?!"

"Why don't you go and be a farmer you spinless twit?!"

"Bah, with warriors like her, we might as well all just walk to the Pylenxia on our knees!"

Yet amongst the heckling of the crowd, Reida noticed the approving nods of the council members as well as a groud of silent Temedon Amazons surrounding the arena.

"Silence!!" roared Tivarius.

Though there were still some hushed grumbles amongst the were-creatures, the crowd had been for the moment restrained.

"That was a interesting display and a bit unexpected. However, time is short so it is best for us to proceed. Michael of Darux and Black-Coat Amy, please come forward and prepare for round 2!"

As Amy's name was mentioned, there was a slight mutter of confusion as her past was relatively unknown amongst the various tribes and families of the land. However, Michael's appearnce was greeted by various calls of support.

"Go get her big man!"

"I bet this girl is going to give up like that last one."

"I have 1000 gold riding on you Michael!"

{table=head]Contender|Win|Loss|Tie
Michael|-|-|-
Morthas|1|0|-
Reida|0|1|-
Amy|-|-|-
[/table]

(Same as before and sid will take over from here until the end of the battle. Sid, please award battle xp for round 1.)

FirebirdFlying
2009-12-04, 02:52 PM
Reida rolls her eyes at the heckling. "Children and their games," she mutters. I wonder if any of them have seen a Pylenxian.

She almost absentmindedly hums, curving her fingers up and around to send a bout of healing magic through her body.

CLW: [roll0]

Well, that was a bad roll. The dice gods of this thread are unhappy with me, I swear…
HP @63/72

tiny tim
2009-12-04, 08:41 PM
I step into the ring and wait for Amy to do the same before making my announcement.

You call Reida weak and spineless because she does not wish to fight. Well, call me weak if you wish, but I also refuse to fight. I will not jockey for our positioning in our pack like a group of barbarians. I will fight for the safety of all lycanthropes here, and everywhere, but I will NOT fight my own team mate. We are lycanthropes, not savages. Would you confirm the Huntsmen's belief that we are not but animals through actions like this? I respectfully bow out from this fight.

With that I literally bow and then turn to walk for the edge of the arena.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-04, 10:03 PM
Black-Coat Amy

Amy leaps to the stage just as Michael begins to speak. She waits for him to finish then stares with an entirely annoyed look. She was disappointed again, normally she would not try to get into a fight, but this time, it was entirely different. "Michael of Darux, she says loudly, making sure she would reach every ear, "You must think yourself a humble and benevolent warrior. Some sort of white knight." She says as she begins to pace towards the middle, "But by refusing this challenge, you scorn and insult these good people!" She gestures the crowd with both hands, "I will fight you, it is a sacred duty of ours to appease the people and by ignoring that duty, you risk insulting your soon-to-be leader." She pauses for a moment, gathering herself, "Michael of Darux, if we are to work as a team, then you will learn to follow orders." She slowly draws her sword from its scabbard, "I order you to fight me." She hoped he would understand the other implications of it, as unlikely as it was.

appending_doom
2009-12-04, 10:10 PM
"You're not his leader, yet!" Morthas calls out from the side of the ring.

Archangelat
2009-12-04, 10:39 PM
"Oh you have got to be kidding me!"

"What the hell is this?!"

"Booooo!"

"Fight, fight, fight, fight!"

"Enough! We don't have time for all of this! It seems that earlier, a Pylenxia spy has already learned of us. Haste must be made. As such, Morthas will be your opponent for Round 3, Captain Amy!"

A cheer goes up through the crowd as they finally have a match to look forward to.

{table=head]Contender|Win|Loss|Tie
Michael|0|1|-
Morthas|1|0|-
Reida|0|1|-
Amy|1|0|-
[/table]

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-04, 10:47 PM
Black-Coat Amy

Alarmed, she spins to face the elders. "But... he can still..." she turned back to Michael, her face begging but still hard.

appending_doom
2009-12-04, 10:51 PM
Morthas rubs his eyes and draws his spear before entering the ring, on the opposite end as his opponent. He shakes his head at Amy.

See the unseen activated and spear out.

"He has refused to fight you, lady. I have not," Morthas shouts. "I'm afraid, though, that you face me at a disadvantage. You've already seen all of my tricks, and I've seen none of yours. Still, I promise this fight will be exciting. Just try not to let me kill you."

Bluff: [roll0]

Initiative: 13

AC 25; touch 15

HP 136/136

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-04, 11:16 PM
Amy

Amy turns to Morthas and then regains her composure immediately. She smirks after he finishes and roars, "How cute, a halfling threatening me." She steps out of her boots, revealing wraps about her feet. Suddenly, the snapping sound of realigning bones is accompanied by a shiny coat of black fur and a feral roar.

Shortsword equipped
Changed to hybrid form

Not sure what this is for but it couldn't hurt to roll:
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Perception +17; Low-light Vision; Scent

DR 10/Silver; Uncanny Dodge

AC 32; Touch 30

HP 96/96

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-04, 11:54 PM
Amy

Amy rushes Morthas at blinding speeds, uncanny for even a lycanthrope. So much so that her form begins to waver and shift. She focuses her ki to keep up the speed and then leaps upon him, bringing the silver blade down to bear.

Charge + full attack (pounce)
Shortsword: (+2 from charge; -2 from TWF): [roll0] / [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] / [roll3]
Bite: [roll4] / [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] / [roll7]
If successful, either bite will result in a pin
Grapple: [roll8]

Frickin' lycanthropes can't use animal special attacks...

Perception +17; Low-light Vision; Scent

DR 10/Silver; Uncanny Dodge; Ki Pool: 14/15

AC 32 (-2 from charge); Touch 28

HP 96/96

Phantom Image (concealment), spending 1 ki power to extend the effect to 8 rounds.

EDIT: Woo! Crit on a grapple. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT EDIT: I hope you're happy... grr... :smallannoyed:

appending_doom
2009-12-05, 12:15 AM
Even though Amy moves with great speed, Morthas reacts almost as fast, flipping out with his spear to stab at her as she approaches him.

Hold the Line and Combat Reflexes combo. Technically, this attack is resolved before Amy's, although it doesn't really matter unless it kills her outright.

[roll0]

Initiative: 13

AC 25; touch 15

HP 99/136

EDIT: :smallmad:

Archangelat
2009-12-05, 12:20 AM
(I am going to wait for sid to resolve this round.)