PDA

View Full Version : Pylenxia IC Team 2

Archangelat
2009-11-29, 07:05 PM
Reserved for now.

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 08:50 PM
team two's first match is Riverdweller vs. Davian, go ahead and post your preparatory actions and roll initiative.

RandomLunatic
2009-11-30, 11:11 PM
"That was exactly what I planned to do," River returned, looking at Davian critically. "And I don't think breath weapons will be needed. Just, do me a favor, OK? Try not to break something when I thrash you, because I'd just feel awful about myself." His grin indicated his banter was about as serious as his opponent's. "But seriously, good luck. You'll need it." There was that smile again.

The first thing he did when in the arena was walk over and closely examine the tree and vines for a few moments, more out of curiosity than anything else. Then he returned to his starting spot and sat for a spell, eyes closed and hands folded across his lap in contemplation, emptying his mind of distractions. When his eyes opened again, he rose and limbered up with a few katas. As the last minute to the challenge neared, he untied the knot in the sash holding his simple robe closed, shrugged the garment off and cast it aside, standing there for a moment in nothing but a plain cord around his waist and a silver pendant hanging form his neck. But even before his cast-off robe hit the ground, he was changing-teeth and nails lengthening, skin thickening, and growing larger all over. In seconds, the half-giant had been replacedx by a 20-foot tall engine of destruction. And it was smiling.

First, [roll0] on the tree and vines.

Then taking 20 (25 total) on Concentration to become Psionically Focused(mostly because I can).

Then a bunch of throwaway stuff.
[roll1]

Scow2
2009-11-30, 11:16 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Current Stance: Stonefoot
Prepared Maneuvers: Death from Above, Soaring Raptor Strike, Sudden Leap, Charging Minotaur.

+2 to strength checks
+2 AC against Huge creatures.

Davian Hawkstar nodded as he stepped into the ring opposite from Riverdweller, drawing his mighty adamantine Greatsword and spinning it for the crowd, his dynamic battleplan being mapped out as he observed his foe, his adrenaline pumping in anticipation of the battle.

sidhe_blooded
2009-11-30, 11:45 PM
no info gained from the knowledge check. Davian goes first, so go ahead and post his first round's actions.

Scow2
2009-11-30, 11:51 PM
As soon as he legally could, Davian Hawkstar braced himself and charged at Riverdweller with incredible speed and force, leaping as he closed within ten feet of the reptilian behemoth to put the full force of his body into the slam.

Initiating Charging Minotaur. I provoke no AoO's! At all!

Jump Check vs DC 10 to use Extreme Leap if neccessary: [roll0]

Bull Rush Strength Check: [roll1] (+10 STR, +4 Large, +2 Stance, +2 Charge)

On the off chance it is successful:
Concussive Damage: [roll2]

On success, Riverdweller will be pushed back the full available distance, while I follow only as far as the boundary, if relevant... River will travel full distance due to incredible force of Impact.

Ig... only a 3 on the die... I hope River gets a nat 1... Otherwise, I bounce off... At least I prevented AoO spam... And my AC is now 29 against him

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 12:00 AM
seems pretty straightforward, Riverdweller needs to make a strength check (that I don't think he can fail). Then he gets to take his turn.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-01, 12:12 AM
River defends at +30 (+15 STR, +12 Size (Counts a Gargantuan thanks to Powerful Build, +3 Way of the Conqueror.
[roll0]
Whaddya know, I won...

River had no idea what Davian expected to get by rushing headlong into something three times his size. By his response, River was guessing not what he actually got-a counter charge, with arms leading to sweep the weretiger off the ground and into a crushing bear hug.

Full Attack action. Using 5 points of Combat Expertise to push AC up to 41.

Attack 1: Grapple attempt. Provokes AoO. If Davian hits and deals damage, disregard next three rolls. Otherwise:
[roll1] (22 base, -5 CE, +3 Way of the Conqueror)
[roll2] (+8 BAB, +15 STR, +12 Size, +3 Way of the Conqueror)
[roll3] Note: Non-lethal damage.

Attack 2: If previous attmept failed, grapple attempt. Technically provokes another AoO, but Davian does not have Combat Reflexes, so he cannot take it. If previous grapple attempt was a success, then attempting to Pin.
[roll4]
[roll5]
Damge: Just use above roll if needed (only if actually trying to establish hold).
EDIT: Copy/Paste error:smallredface:. Second touch attack (which should not be needed) is at +15 (37 total) and second Grapple Check is at +33 (45 total).

Scow2
2009-12-01, 12:17 AM
I refuse to accept that he counts as Huge AND Powerful Build. Either he's large with Gargantuan Build, or Huge without it... Otherwise, he's in violation of the "One-step" rule... Or he got away with super-cheese...

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 12:21 AM
Davian's charge comes to an abrupt halt as his body slams into the...crocodile might not be the right word, but it's the closest thing to what he might be. Riverdweller's massive form flows forward, attempting to establish a hold on the smaller warrior.

Davian needs to make his attack of opportunity, go ahead and roll the grapple checks in the same post just in case it doesn't stop the grapple.

Scow2
2009-12-01, 12:37 AM
Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]

Grapple Check:[roll1]

EDIT: Dice hate me...

Ack... misscalculated my Grapple check bonuses. Should be 8 higher: 34

Scow2
2009-12-01, 12:47 AM
Grapple vs. Pin: [roll0]

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 12:50 AM
The crocodile's arms pull Davian into a crushing bear hug, squeezing him viciously.

it's now Davian's turn, Hopefully you've got a neat trick (or an awesome grapple roll) up your sleeve here.

Scow2
2009-12-01, 01:09 AM
As the Crocodile attempted to crush Davian, he attempted to break free again and drive his armor spikes into his assailant.

Grapple to break Pin: [roll0]

If applicable, then:
Armor spike attack: [roll1]. [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]. [roll4]
Nevermind

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 01:12 AM
Davian stuggles against the Riverdweller's hold, attempting to break free.

let's see some grapple checks from Riverdweller.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-01, 01:21 AM
[roll0]

River just keeps his hold on the squirming weretiger, while humming a little tune to himself.

[roll1]
Full Attack. More Grapple checks ahoy!

1st Attack: Pin attempt
[roll2]

2nd Attack: Pin if previous failed, or dealing non-lethal damage.
[roll3]
[roll4] Non-Lethal

And to save time, here are my opposed rolls to hold onto him:
[roll5]
[roll6]

Scow2
2009-12-01, 01:23 AM
Davian Hawkstar attempts to shout a yield, since there was no way he'd be escaping this monstrosity... He'll rechallenge later.

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 01:26 AM
Davian shouts out his yield and a roar goes up from the crowd.

"I told you to bet on that River fella!"

"Huzzah!"

"Dammit, there goes 50 Gold!"

Adeya and Conrad are up next, I'm going post in character posts separately from my DM posts unless it begins to cause excessive multi-posting.

RandomLunatic
2009-12-01, 01:31 AM
Riverdweller, who had been intentionally been not completely blocking off Davian's airway, releases his hold almost at once in response and sets his opponent down. He turned back, striking poses for the crowd even as he changed back to his half-giant form, and picked up and donned his robe before leaving the arena.

Scow2
2009-12-01, 01:36 AM
Davian pulled himself up off the ground, straightening out his cape and checking his equipment as he walked off the set. "What are the rules for a rematch?!" He shouts to the crowd as he cleared the ring... one loss was a setback, but he knew he could beat the giant... Hell, he'd do it even before his injuries healed.

Der Arbol
2009-12-01, 09:39 AM
Conrad watched the fight between the tiger and the behemoth, wondering what would compel the tiger to charge such a massive foe. At least the lizard was nice enough to pin Davian without hurting him. As Conrad passes river he makes a comment in jest: The humming was a nice touch.

Conrad drops his extra gear by the entrance to the arena and takes up position close to the tree/rock formation. He looks at his hands for a second then looks up as he sprouts black fur and takes on a muscular, bearlike appearance. After he transforms, Conrad seems to be unusually fascinated with his new appearance and form. After a moment he adjusts his gear and pulls out a slender stick, which glows faintly blue just before the start of the match.

Conrad uses a wand to cast Shield (CL1) on himself just before the match begins. He is in hybrid form, is without his backpack, and has two wands on him(shield and shield of faith).

Initiative: [roll0]

He also observes the rocks and trees to find any hiding places or points of access to easily climb the rocks.
Visual Search(take 10): 19

Statistics:
AC: 30 Touch: 20 Flatfooted: 23
HP: 116/116, DR 10/Silver
Uncanny dodge, close quarters combat

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 11:52 AM
Adeya smiles as the crocodile lets the tiger up. He's big, but doesn't seem to be especially vicious. That will be useful information to have.

As the bear begins his transformation, she seats herself indian style and closes her eyes for a few moments, when 9 of the 10 minutes have passed she stands and places her traveling bag on the ground. She rolls her shoulders and glossy black wings grow from her back. A moment later wisps of shadow appear around her feet.

Killing 9 minutes just relaxing 'cause 10 minutes is a helluva long time in game.

Activating the Aspects of Nature Flight and Agility (check unearthed Arcana, no I'm not a druid.)

Entering the Child of Shadow stance.

Initiative-[roll0]

stats-

AC: 44 Touch: 33 Flat Footed: 31
HP: 82/82

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 12:01 PM
search-there aren't really any good hiding places, but the rock piles shouldn't be too hard to climb, being essentially a steep hill (it'll probably take some balance checks to make it up if you don't tread carefully though, i.e. balance checks.)

After the match between the crocodile and the tiger the two combatants preparing for the match seem especially tiny, neither of them is much larger than a big man and the female seems to be entering the fight in her humanoid form. The bar was set pretty high by the last match, will these two be able to keep up the pace?

I'm going to pause here to let people do a little RP, and 'cause I don't want to post 3 times in a row on here.

plus I really need a shower, so go wild (at least for a few minutes) while I'm off grooming myself and eating.

Scow2
2009-12-01, 12:11 PM
Davian Hawkstar watched from the sidelines, analysing the combat styles used by his assigned party members. He'd be fighting one of them, and won't be caught off guard again. Also, being an experienced party commander, knowing his teammate's strengths and weaknesses would be very useful.

Would Martial Lore allow me to recognise stances used in combat as well as maneuvers? Otherwise, I'm saving this roll for first time the Wolf uses a maneuver.

Martial Lore Check: [roll0]

Does that count as beating the DC 28 to identify all disciplines known by a level 8 Swordsage? I can't remember if equalling the DC beats it or not...

RandomLunatic
2009-12-01, 01:35 PM
River also watches with interest, his eyes widenening a bit when the woman sprouts wings from her back. Interesting.

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 01:49 PM
Adeya pauses for a split second, seeming to focus on something. The she launches herself forward, her body becoming a blur as the shadows that were surrounding her feet seem to flicker over her entire body now. As she seems about to slam into Conrad's body she pulls up short, both of her hand attempting to land strikes, then launching a vicious kick as she flies straight up.

swift action-Ki reinforce (that's the concentration check I made in the OOC thread)
full round action-storm of blows (make a flurry attack and move my speed, which is currently fly 90 [perfect])

tumble check to avoid AoO (made at a -10 penalty for moving more than half my speed) [roll0]

attack rolls-
punch 1-[roll1]
hit 1 (if it lands)-[roll2] + [roll3]
punch 2-[roll4]
hit 2 (if it lands)-[roll5] + [roll6]
kick-[roll7]
hit 3 (if it lands)-[roll8] + [roll9]

my unarmed strikes are considered magic and silver weapons for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, the extra 2d6 damage on each hit is force damage and all damage I'm dealing right now is of the subdual variety.

I'm assuming Conrad is at the opposite end of the field, if that's the case then Adeya is now 30 ft. straight above him, smiling (the smugness of her smile will depend on how well her attacks did.

stats-

AC: 44 Touch: 33 Flat Footed: 31
HP: 82/82
20% miss chance from Child of Shadow Stance.

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 01:52 PM
Adeya hovers in the air a good 30 ft. over Conrad's position, less than pleased that her assault wasn't totally successful.

It be Conrad's turn, don't forget to subtract 50 HP for the attacks that did hit.

Der Arbol
2009-12-01, 02:46 PM
Conrad deftly throws a dagger from his leg up at his opponent before stepping back and turning to look up at her. As he sets his eyes on her he throws a second dagger from his vest at her hovering form.

Feats: Sneaky shot (move action), double toss
Sleight of hand: [roll0] (vs. perception or flat-footed vs next attack)
Attack: [roll1] (masterwork cold iron dagger, -4 range)
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak attack (if applicable): [roll3]
Conrad takes a 5ft. step towards the center/rocks + tree
Attack: [roll4](normal dagger)
Damage: [roll5]

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 05:10 PM
perception roll-[roll0]
sneak attack won't apply either way, Adeya has concealment from her child of shadow stance.
also don't forget that 30 ft. is a few range increments away for a dagger when you're making your attack rolls (I'm not saying you didn't above, just reminding you in case.)

The daggers whiz by Adeya's head, flying through the tendrils of shadow that are surrounding her body.

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 05:13 PM
concentration check-[roll0]

sidhe_blooded
2009-12-01, 05:22 PM
Adeya pauses for a second, gaining her focus once again before launching another savage assault on Conrad.

tumble-[roll0]
Attack 1-[roll1]
Damage 1-[roll2] + [roll3]
Attack 2-[roll4]
Damage 2-[roll5] + [roll6]
Attack 3-[roll7]
Damage 3-[roll8] + [roll9]

Once again all damage is subdual. At the end of the turn Adeya is 60 ft. in the air.

Before returning to the safety of the skies.

Der Arbol
2009-12-01, 06:39 PM
Conrad surrenders.

I can't tell you how dissapointed I am, I expected a fight not this BS.

Der Arbol
2009-12-01, 08:39 PM
I quit. A DM can obviously not be trusted to make the rules and make them fair while playing in his game.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-01, 09:34 PM
The tall young man sighed, and shook his head. He'd watched the fights with what could barely be called interest. He hardly saw the point. He wasn't really interested in leading a bunch of ground bound motes. However he wasn't going to give up quite so easily either.

"You done? Lets get this over with then."

Danav focused for a minute, and took the form of the Dire Eagle before looking over at the Girl he was supposed to fight.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-12-01, 09:45 PM
Rolling for Initiative:
[roll0]

Archangelat
2009-12-04, 02:02 PM
The crowd was shocked into silence as Conrad vanished from the ring.

"Sorcery!"

"It be the work of the Death Lord!"

In an attempt to stem the rising confusion and panic, Tivarius quickly addressed the crowd.

"Silence!"

Stepping forward once again, Shaybal explained what had just occured.

"It seems that the armies of Zagus have been alerted and will surely learn of our mission once the infiltrator returns. A team will be sent out to close off any potential exists but we must now quickly resolve the rest of our business here. If the infiltrator is permitted to leave, we must capture him with all haste before he is able to return to Pylenxia!

The council has prepared for this and our mission will not be compromised. Thus, Danav of Calico, you have been called to answer the challenge!"

(Round 2 may resume again from the start.)