PDA

View Full Version : Equiping a Cleric for the Tomb of Horrors

gibbo88
2009-11-29, 07:53 PM
Ok, so I have a looming tomb of horrors game, and am stumped for what equipment I should take in there. I have a level 10 cleric of Fharlangdn (never can spell it right) and I need some items to spend my wealth on. At the moment I have 13k left to spend, and Ive got armor and weapons as well as a couple of scrolls, but I'm trying to think of what would be useful.

We are allowed to use any of the books, however I don't actually have the MiC so anythign out of that would need to have a bit of info attached to I can know what it does and how much it costs.....not sure if giving out that sort of info is against the forum rules. If it is, don't do it :smallamused:

D Knight
2009-11-29, 09:02 PM
ring of arming its in the mic. what it does is stores armor and weapon so u have 2 set your fighting and sleeping set. if i am remembering the price right it was 5,000 gp. also you can never go wrong with eternal wands also in the mic and price vary from wand to wand.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-29, 09:16 PM
13,000 GP worth of Diamonds. And prepare Revivify and Raise Dead a lot.

Akal Saris
2009-11-29, 09:45 PM
An adamantine weapon is a very good idea - my PCs used it to hack open a lot of doors and locks that they couldn't bypass.

A Cloak of Resistance is another good choice, to help with the few save-or-die's your character might accidentally trigger.

My PCs got a lot of use out of the Decanter of Endless Water, but that depends on how creative your party is with it.

And yes, you'll want to save a lot of it for material components if your party plans on rezzing members instead of making them create a new character.

drengnikrafe
2009-11-29, 10:57 PM
What ever happened to buying X* riding dogs, and using them to trigger traps?

* x is equal to the amount of money you have left after buying everything else you need divided by the cost of a riding dog, which I don't remember offhand.

Jack_Simth
2009-11-29, 11:03 PM
What ever happened to buying X* riding dogs, and using them to trigger traps?

* x is equal to the amount of money you have left after buying everything else you need divided by the cost of a riding dog, which I don't remember offhand.

The Summon Elemental Reserve feat made it redundant.

See, with Summon Elemental, a direct-damage reserve feat, a way to always detect magic, a way to survive without air, and a healthy dose of paranoia will see you through.

Failing the feat changes, though, a Wand of Detect Magic (or three), and a Wand of Summon Monster I (at caster level 3 or better) (or three), and either a Necklace of Adaptation or a Bottle of Air (keep it in a convenient spot, you want to be able to get to it even if you can't see) will help... if you're paranoid enough. Maybe.

awa
2009-11-29, 11:11 PM
find the path will make it vastly easier because it will alert you to all traps and tell you how to bypass them and it's a cleric spell and its usable at your level