PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Elly

Tanaric
2009-11-29, 09:16 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a fairly spacious room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, three torches are already lit, one hanging by each of the doors presumably leading out of the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1||||||||
2||||||||
3||||||||
4|||E|||||
5||||||||
6||||||||
7||||||||[/table]

There is a door at B-1, another at A-5, and a third at E-7.

DM notes:6, 10, 2

Asema
2009-11-30, 08:32 AM
Excellent. :smallsmile:

Oh man, Elly forgot to bring a lantern. That'll learn me! :smallredface:

That won't be a problem, ideally. She will cast light on her sword, step towards the door, and prod it with her ten-foot pole.

Tanaric
2009-11-30, 02:15 PM
Which door were you testing?

Asema
2009-11-30, 07:14 PM
Which door were you testing?

Ah. "The door" perhaps isn't the best term. In order, I'll test E-7, then if that doesn't kill me, A-5, and finally B-1.

Tanaric
2009-12-01, 07:14 PM
At the touch of your pole, a web of concealed copper wires flares to life, a current of crackling blue energy running the length of each wire. Having nowhere better to go, the energy dissipates harmlessly into the air, leaving behind a very scorched door.

This display is repeated for each door you check.

Asema
2009-12-02, 08:58 AM
All right. Let's try that again, to see if the traps have reset themselves. If not, head through E-7.

Tanaric
2009-12-02, 02:36 PM
Opening the door reveals a hall running to the north and south. To the north, it runs for fifteen feet before turning east. To the south, it runs for five feet before turning east. There is a door on the south face of this bend.

Asema
2009-12-03, 05:42 AM
Oh boy.

I'll head towards the southern door and prod it. If this doesn't result in my untimely demise, I'll open it.

Tanaric
2009-12-03, 12:49 PM
At the door, you see that the hall continues east for twenty feet before turning north. After ten feet, it splits north. There is a door on the east face of the bend.

Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||||K[/table]

There is a door at E-1, which you are just outside of, and another at D-3.

There is a kobold in the lower right corner of the room, wearing studded leather armor and holding a pair of kamas, with a buckler strapped to one arm and a shortsword hanging at its belt.

Roll initiative. [roll0]

Asema
2009-12-06, 02:24 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

E: Cast mage armor on self and move to A-1.

Tanaric
2009-12-06, 06:19 PM
The kobold moves to B-1, shadows twisting about its form as it goes (20% concealment) and attacks you. A small fire elemental winks in and out of existence in A-2, just long enough to distract you while he swings his kama.

[roll0] including flanking bonus for [roll1] + [roll2]

If it hits, make a will save.