PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 build jedi

toddex
2009-11-30, 12:59 AM
I want to make a jedi, sort of anyway.

Probably utilizing master of the unseen hand, and probably gish'ish no idea what sword id use to emulate a lightsabre

I have access to pretty much every official 3.5 book printed and some 3rd party stuff.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-30, 01:00 AM
I like using Warlocks for my Jedi needs. They don't get TK invocations though.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-30, 01:02 AM
I like using Warlocks for my Jedi needs. They don't get TK invocations though.Repelling Blast.

And yes, Eldrich Glaive-locks make awesome Jedi, with Hellfire being a great way to represent the Sith.

toddex
2009-11-30, 01:07 AM
There is a bit of a stigma with my group and Warlocks, differing views, all point to hatred. Some see them as over powered, some see them as useless and annoying.

Asbestos
2009-11-30, 01:26 AM
I wonder how hard it'd be to port over a Saga character to 3.x.... anyone ever try?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-30, 01:28 AM
Repelling Blast.

Can it lift and x-Wing out of a swamp?

industrious
2009-11-30, 01:31 AM
A really weak class that sort of works fluff-wise for the lightsaber is the soulknife. But you don't want to use that class, trust me.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-30, 01:33 AM
A really weak class that sort of works fluff-wise for the lightsaber is the soulknife. But you don't want to use that class, trust me.

There's a feat for the Psywar that basically grants them a soulblade, iirc.

Ogremindes
2009-11-30, 01:40 AM
Perhaps Psychic Warrior (maybe with Psychic Weapon Master) with some telekinetic powers via Expanded Knowledge?

Tokiko Mima
2009-11-30, 01:44 AM
Can it lift and x-Wing out of a swamp?

If an X-Wing is a Medium size or smaller creature, you can send it 1d6 times 5' away from you through the swamp and have it land prone in it's square. Or, since you're a glaivelock, you can do that several times in a round rapidly flinging your X-Wing away from you like how most people feel Lucas should have done to the idea of Jar-Jar in Episode I.

:smallbiggrin:

Noodles2375
2009-11-30, 02:43 AM
I think you could make a really interesting build with a multiclassed

Warblade/Psion/ToB-Psionic Patch Class.

You'd have to make up the patch yourself, but model it on the Jade Phoenix Mage or the Ruby Knight Vindicator. It isn't RAW, but with those two as an example you shouldn't land very far off of the mark. The only question is would you like access to the high level manuevers or the high level powers.

And if you have access to Gestalt I'd say:
Warblade 10/Eternal Blade 10 // Psion 20

Treat the blade guide like your ghost of obi-wan kenobi :)

Chrono22
2009-11-30, 03:06 AM
Um, why not just play a jedi then? Star wars saga edition is somewhat 3.5 compatible.

Optimystik
2009-11-30, 07:47 AM
There's a feat for the Psywar that basically grants them a soulblade, iirc.

You recall correctly indeed. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a)

Soulbound Weapon - gives them basically the entire Soulknife class as an ACF. Yeah, soulknives suck that much.

Person_Man
2009-11-30, 11:48 AM
Is homebrew viable? If so, here's my addition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92407). If you don't like it, there are probably several thousand other hombrew 3.5 Jedi classes.

Ravens_cry
2009-11-30, 11:54 AM
Brilliant Energy/Some effect that does narly damage to objects/ bastard sword in the hands of an psychic warrior?
Woozhing noises optional.

toddex
2009-11-30, 12:04 PM
Is homebrew viable? If so, here's my addition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92407). If you don't like it, there are probably several thousand other hombrew 3.5 Jedi classes.

It has a better chance of getting in then a warlock.

toddex
2009-11-30, 12:09 PM
Just looking at your class, person man, id be super tempted to play up the jedi bit but multiclass with throwing master pick up palm throw and chuck 4 shurikens per attack, if I could somehow get Ijitsu focus to decent ranks that would just add to the fun.

I was just saddened by your use of wis instead of int mod for force powers :(

Zaq
2009-11-30, 12:22 PM
What's the most important aspect of a Jedi for you?

Unshakable focus and "single perfect cut" battle style? Diamond Mind maneuvers (so swordsage or warblade).

Crazy acrobatics? Tiger Claw maneuvers (see above).

Force powers? I like psions for this. There's a lot of "telekinetic X" powers, and no shortage of mind-affecting tricks.

A lightsaber? That's hard to model perfectly in 3.5, but there are plenty of options. I like using an Incarnate with their Incarnate Weapon, personally, but it's not the only option. Also, remember the first rule of flavor: fluff as necessary, or as awesome.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-30, 12:24 PM
I'd say psion with some levels of fighter and maybe warlock like Pharaoh said or some other arcane caster class.

If you figure out how to wield a lightsaber in D&D, let me know.

FinalJustice
2009-11-30, 12:42 PM
Thunderlance, from Spell Compendium, is a lightsaberish spell. find a way to persist it, persist Wraithstrike, nab Telekinesis, Suggestion/Command, Swift Fly and further thematically appropriate spells. You can do it as a Sorcerer\Abjurant Champion, I think...

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-30, 12:42 PM
I'd say psion with some levels of fighter and maybe warlock like Pharaoh said or some other arcane caster class.

If you figure out how to wield a lightsaber in D&D, let me know.Methods: Brilliant Energy Longsword.
Flameblade wand at low levels.
Soulknife.
Psywar with the "be a Soulknife but better" ACF.
Warlock with Eldrich Glaive.
Call Weapon+refluffing
Incarnum+refluffing

At least, that's off the top of my head. I'm sure there's others.

Person_Man
2009-11-30, 12:54 PM
Just looking at your class, person man, id be super tempted to play up the jedi bit but multiclass with throwing master pick up palm throw and chuck 4 shurikens per attack, if I could somehow get Ijitsu focus to decent ranks that would just add to the fun.

I was just saddened by your use of wis instead of int mod for force powers :(

Well, Wis seemed more appropriate then Int. Psychic Warriors run off of Wis, and virtually every Jedi in the movies seems to run off of Wis or possibly Cha. But it's homebrew, so if your DM agrees, just make it Int instead.

Zovc
2009-11-30, 05:31 PM
I think any of the Tome of Battle classes are appropriate for representing a jedi's combat capabilities, but force powers are a bit tougher. I think psionics are best for force powers.

Wilders make good sith, fueling their powers with passion, and using charisma (as opposed to wisdom or intelligence). I think jedi would use wisdom for their powers, which lets you use psychic warrior for your jedi guaridians.

Crusader/Warmind could be cool.

Nero24200
2009-11-30, 05:42 PM
I'd probably say Psychic Warrior (Using the Mind's Eye variant or dipping into Soulknife for the Mindblade) with a few levels of paladin.

I pretty much see paladins as just Jedi's anyway.

Starbuck_II
2009-11-30, 06:21 PM
Ronove Vestige gives you force push (auto 1d6 damage + bull rush) and mage hand. So 1 dip in Binder is useful. You also get feather fall and unarmed strike though.