PDA

View Full Version : Mr Scruffy

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-11-30, 01:03 AM
What if mr scruffy was chasing the mouse from roys bag down a inconspicuos-looking hole in the sand that led to a magical acid-trip-type land of wonder that was created by girards illusions....

would belkar be the only one to notice the m.i.a. mr scruffy? thereby going "through the looking glass" to spawn a spin off solo adventure that could take place either in or out of the time continuim?

Or maybe... mr scruffy chases the mouse, and is in turn chased by the dog from roys bag, and they go in circles that creates a whirlwind that takes all the PCs to a magical land of oz where they must find the wonderful wizard...wait for it... girard!?!?!?!?!?!?

i should so write my own stuff!

Herald Alberich
2009-11-30, 03:16 AM
Leading to some fantastically clever outcome for Belkar that will conveniently fulfill all of the Oracle's prophecies about him without actually requiring him to die, no doubt.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-11-30, 06:02 AM
was it ever decided if mr scruffy is belkars animal companion?

Berserk Monk
2009-11-30, 06:25 AM
What have you been smoking and can I have some?

It's assumed at this point and I'm sure the giant is gonna poke fun at this at some point with a strip about how none of us know if he is or not.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-02, 12:55 AM
well, i think its time for mr. scruffy to get some serious love. maybe mr. scruffy is girard or girad's familiar who was spying on soon's gate for him.

MikelaC1
2009-12-03, 09:26 AM
Or maybe... mr scruffy chases the mouse, and is in turn chased by the dog from roys bag,

The fly was runng from a frog was running from a cat who ran from a dog who ran from a pig who ran from a cow who ran from a fox, who ran from a man who ran from a...small lamb

Gullara
2009-12-03, 10:58 AM
I mildly amusing thought, but unlikely.

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-12-04, 09:03 AM
It's extra-textual, but some useful circumstantial evidence provided by the author is his updated group portrait on Ookoodook (http://www.ookoodook.com/store/comics_order-of-the-stick.shtml). It appears Mr. Scruffy is considered part of the Order itself there.

theinsulabot
2009-12-04, 10:37 AM
mr scruffy was girard all along

FujinAkari
2009-12-04, 12:03 PM
mr scruffy was girard all along

No. No he wasn't.

Girand and Soon hated eachother.

hamishspence
2009-12-04, 12:18 PM
And what better way to deal with the people you are suspicious of, than by keeping a close eye on them, in disguise?

I doubt it though- Serini specifically said for them to keep their noses out of each other's business. It seems unlikely (though faintly possible), that Girard would have broken that agreement.

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-12-04, 01:32 PM
Girand and Soon hated eachother.
And what better way to exercise your irrational hatred than by living up the life where Soon's precious paladins are forced to clean what comes out of your butt every day (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0404.html)? :smalltongue:

Atronach
2009-12-05, 09:18 AM
Well, at least a city full of people fell for it, being how ridiculously stupid it is.

Vargtass
2009-12-05, 11:03 AM

Short story: The class and geekery thread has accepted the evidence that he is.

Long story (the evidence): Animal Companions can follow the instructions of their masters. Mr Scruffy is shown following Belkar's direct instructions. While this can also be done only with the Animal Handling skill, it can't be done untrained, and Belkar is shown (in bonus material in There's no cure for the paladin blues) to have no ranks in Animal Handling. Ergo, Mr Scruffy is Belkar's Animal Companion. Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-06, 10:43 PM
well, if mr scruff is belkars AC then there is no way that he can be girard, or girard's familiar, which sucks because that would be an awsome plot twist, but acceptable.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-13, 09:45 PM
well i guess mr scruff isnt going through the looking glass seeing as how haley and possibly others might quit, but that doesnt nessicarily rule out my sandstorm/whirlwind idea involving the wizzard girard....

what do you think?

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-13, 09:46 PM
ok "wonderland" is officially out.

rainbowjo
2009-12-13, 09:54 PM
what?
No idea what you're talking about

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-13, 10:09 PM
Or maybe... mr scruffy chases the mouse, and is in turn chased by the dog from roys bag, and they go in circles that creates a whirlwind that takes all the PCs to a magical land of oz where they must find the wonderful wizard...wait for it... girard!?!?!?!?!?!?

sorry about that

i6uuaq
2009-12-13, 10:22 PM
if you're gonna start a new topic, you need to explain your ideas in a little more detail for people who haven't read your earlier posts on other threads.

I remember someone posting a theory about how the treasure chest that Elan found might turn out to contain a curse that shrank everyone down into teeny little adventurers a la Alice in Wonderland, and I guess your opening post is referring to that. But I guess you're referring to Wizard of Oz type stuff with the other theory. But if you don't explain it, don't expect people to understand.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-13, 10:24 PM
thanks, and again sorry

Thanatosia
2009-12-13, 11:06 PM
What does (ttlg) mean, and why do you feel the need to make 2 seperate threads to discuss your theory?

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-13, 11:53 PM
ttlg = through the looking glass

the last thread i posted on this topic never really addressed the topic... kinda like this one... i have never seen anything like this quite frankly... people want to nit-pick things so much that noone can enjoy the conversation at hand. and if you dont enjoy the conversation topic, then why bother posting to it?

i guess i was under the impression that this was a place to have fun and enjoy the comic and talk about oddball things about it. i have observed allot of snobish inflammatory elitest behavior from many different people.

so apparently i got the wrong idea about the whole thing... for which i will once again appologize and retreat into the shadows of obscurity.

sorry

Asta Kask
2009-12-14, 05:41 AM

Anyone who knows anything about cats know that, at best, Belkar can be mr scruffy's humanoid companion. Not the other way around.