PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any full meal delivered to you right now...

loopy
2009-11-30, 09:09 AM
Okay, yet another food thread from loopy. :smallbiggrin:

If you could have any combination of entrees/mains/desserts/drinks/snacks delivered to you right now, enough food to get you full and content, what would it consist of?

Player_Zero
2009-11-30, 09:15 AM
Several million currency with a chicken curry side?

Money is a food, right?

loopy
2009-11-30, 09:18 AM
Several million currency with a chicken curry side?

Money is a food, right?

Not in Australia it isn't. Our notes are made of plastic-y-type-stuff (or so I am informed by SCIENCE), so I wouldn't like to try eating one.

ghost_warlock
2009-11-30, 09:18 AM
Pork pumpkin red curry and waffles.

Setra
2009-11-30, 09:19 AM
Right now? ...

Meatloaf... I'm craving meatloaf...

KuReshtin
2009-11-30, 09:20 AM
I just had lunch about 2 hours ago (Mmmmmm, haggis, tatties and neeps), and I'm still full from that, so I'll pass, thank you very much.

Player_Zero
2009-11-30, 09:22 AM
Not in Australia it isn't. Our notes are made of plastic-y-type-stuff (or so I am informed by SCIENCE), so I wouldn't like to try eating one.

I'd like to see you try and stop me!

Australia eh? I shall need a boat. No! A ship... And if I have a ship I may as well set about to piracy! In fact, screw your silly notion of eating Australia money, to the Spanish Main!

thubby
2009-11-30, 09:24 AM
If I'm going to exploit the system
the most expensive raw material that counts as food in each category.

If I'm not
pepperoni pizza from a particular place, and macaroni and cheese. with root beer to drink.
oh, and something with mint for dessert. maybe mint chocolate chip icecream.

Thufir
2009-11-30, 09:28 AM
Right now? Something heavy enough that the delivery person would have difficulty with it and I could take advantage of their distraction to steal their miraculous vehicle which allows them to deliver food to people on moving buses.

loopy
2009-11-30, 09:29 AM
Right now? Something heavy enough that the delivery person would have difficulty with it and I could take advantage of their distraction to steal their miraculous vehicle which allows them to deliver food to people on moving buses.

Would you eat anything once on that vehicle though? The point of the thread is kinda to find out what people would eat if they could just have a meal appear prepared for them. :smallsmile:

thubby
2009-11-30, 09:31 AM

well they could go all speed on you and jump over from a convertible

Quincunx
2009-11-30, 09:37 AM
well they could go all speed on you and jump over from a convertible

This must appear on Top Gear '10.

I would summon up a steaming plate of gumbo, maker's choice of meats. It's marvelous, labor-intensive, and something I can't make correctly here no matter how hard I try. The smoked sausages are just wrong. However, as I just ate lunch, either it would be a small plate's worth or I'd have to save it in Tupperware for dinner, tomorrow's lunch, and tomorrow's dinner, padding out all three portions with more rice.

SilverSheriff
2009-11-30, 10:01 AM
Any one of these three:

Cheese, Lettuce and Carrot sandwiches.
Fresh Spaghetti Bolognese with lots of tomato sauce (like mama used to make before she went crazy and added Vegemite to the recipe, I was not amused).
kept-in-the-fridge-all-night Roast potatoes with one of those spicy steaks from Sizzler cooked to medium-rare.

As it turns out we are out of vegetables and beef (mince or steak).

We do have Spaghetti Bolognese in the freezer but as I have said, I want fresh and that stuff has been in the fridge for a week...also; Dad uses Dolmio, he doesn't make the sauce himself...:smallmad:

HellfireLover
2009-11-30, 10:58 AM
Smoked salmon and caviar blinis with sour cream.
Pan-fried calf's liver with wilted spinach and pancetta and a caramelized onion mash and port gravy.
Champagne sorbet, with physalis and passionfruit.

And some Royal Speyside sparkling mineral water with a twist.

I've managed to make myself hungry.

Myshlaevsky
2009-11-30, 11:44 AM
Anything hot. I live on the edge of malnourishment constantly.

Coidzor
2009-11-30, 11:48 AM
Hmm, right now, being as I've just woken up, I think I'd settle for some cereal, orange juice, and a plate of fettucine alfredo.

Weimann
2009-11-30, 12:01 PM
Why did I have to see this thread right after I've stuffed my face? :smallfrown:

I guess I could use some truffle dessert, but that's all I can get down.

Trog
2009-11-30, 12:11 PM
A large variety of sushi. Or a nice tenderloin steak and some pan fried potatoes. Both of those options sound good right now.

Linkavitch
2009-11-30, 12:11 PM
A pizza with every piece a seperate kind of pizza, like a Meatlover's Stuffed Crust from Pizza Hut, Classic Pepperoni, Ham and Bacon, mmmmmm....

loopy
2009-11-30, 12:26 PM
Smoked salmon and caviar blinis with sour cream.
Pan-fried calf's liver with wilted spinach and pancetta and a caramelized onion mash and port gravy.
Champagne sorbet, with physalis and passionfruit.

And some Royal Speyside sparkling mineral water with a twist.

I've managed to make myself hungry.

Kinda the point. :smallbiggrin:

But wow, your tastes are so much more sophisticated than mine! Unless of course you douse all of the above in Tomato Sauce before eating, haha. :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-30, 12:34 PM
This must appear on Top Gear '10.

I would summon up a steaming plate of gumbo, maker's choice of meats. It's marvelous, labor-intensive, and something I can't make correctly here no matter how hard I try. The smoked sausages are just wrong. However, as I just ate lunch, either it would be a small plate's worth or I'd have to save it in Tupperware for dinner, tomorrow's lunch, and tomorrow's dinner, padding out all three portions with more rice.

Ooooh...I could go for a good, spicy gumbo right now. I'm also craving some super cheesy mac 'n' cheese. And pizza. I haven't had pizza in ages. >.<

I also miss picadillo. We really, really need to make that again sometime. Mmm...*foodwant coma*

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-11-30, 12:35 PM
Ok, aged goat may sound disgusting, but I've only had it once and to this day I crave it.

Aged goat chops in lemon rice, freshly baked sourdough bread with real butter and stilton blue cheese, fried and seasoned eggplant, vine ripe cucumbers and grape tomotoes, garlic red potatoes with onions. And for dessert Banana Jack (banana pudding/ice cream/rum) with chocolate sauce.

Drink would be chilled cranberry juice.

DANG but my mouth is watering now.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-11-30, 01:02 PM
I answered this earlier over MSN, but my desires have changed slightly since:
Rare steak with a baked potato, Fresh Carrots and a couple of hot, steamy dinner rolls. And a glass of cold milk. Maybe some apple pie if I'm feeling the need for something sweet.

chiasaur11
2009-11-30, 01:06 PM
Round table pepperoni with garlic Parmesan twists and a pitcher full of Dr Pepper.

I'm a man of simple tastes.

Rutskarn
2009-11-30, 01:16 PM
The severed head of a select few world leaders, served on a bed of the deeds to their country.

That's how it works, right? You kill the foreign leaders and inherit ownership of Whatsitstan. I'm sure I saw that in a comic once.

Bouregard
2009-11-30, 01:17 PM
biggest well done steak you could find with baked potatoes and mustard.

chiasaur11
2009-11-30, 01:23 PM
The severed head of a select few world leaders, served on a bed of the deeds to their country.

That's how it works, right? You kill the foreign leaders and inherit ownership of Whatsitstan. I'm sure I saw that in a comic once.

I'm pretty sure Dr. McNinja said that's not how it works.

On the other hand, The Nonadventures of Wonderella says that is how it works with Ninja clans so, I dunno man.

thorgrim29
2009-11-30, 01:26 PM
Entree: Lukewarm salad of duck confit with nuts on roquette with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing

Main: That's a bit harder, but I'll have to go with a barbecued leg of lamb in a crust of mustard and pepper, served with a side of baby potatoes cooked with mustard and (again) roquette salad

Drink: A good red wine or two, probably starting with a rioja and ending with a Bordeaux.

Dessert is hard, but I'm going with a homemade chocolate "fondant", which is kinda like a brownie but made with ridiculous quantities of dark chocolate and butter and cooked until the top is crusty but the middle is still soft. With a big glass of milk.

Then a cup of green tea and when the dishes are done a glass of fine aged brown rum.

Yup, that's pretty much it.

Closak
2009-11-30, 04:04 PM
I take a steak.
And a lot of chocolate.
And Coke.

arguskos
2009-11-30, 04:11 PM
Lessee...

Appetizer To start off: a make-your-own-mini-sandwich tray, with large amounts of small squares of fresh breads of all types, lots of kinds of freshly sliced meats and cheeses, and a separate tray of condiments. To drink with this, a strong cranberry juice.

Main Dish: A cast-iron skillet, 8 inches across, filled with an Italian sausage and turkey sausage, three cheese lasagna cooked in it. To drink with this, probably a red wine. Not sure what though, my tastes in wine aren't that amazing. I'd need advice.

Dessert: Damn. Toughy here. I think I have to go with a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. To drink, a tall frosty glass of milk.

After-Dinner: 2 After-Eight mints, both refrigerated. Another, smaller, glass of milk to top off the night.

Ikialev
2009-11-30, 04:37 PM
A big pizza with this strange smoked italian ham and tuna. And some sprite.
And this 0.5 kg bar of belgian chocolate. :3

SilverSheriff
2009-11-30, 06:29 PM
I'd also like to add a pitcher of home-made lemonade and a Wendy's Choc Super-shake to my order.:smallbiggrin:

AshDesert
2009-11-30, 06:45 PM
That's a tough one. I'd have to go with my German/Wisconsinite instinct and say the main course would be a 2-3 hour affair of plates of various fresh-baked sourdough and pumpernickel breads and a variety of authentic German sausages and lots of different cheeses. For dessert, thick and rich cheesecake, along with some chocolate fondue with a variety of fruits and cakes.

Drink would be another pretty tough decision. Probably some ice cold milk, with some sort of sweet/spicy drink like eggnog with dessert.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-30, 06:49 PM
first I'd want some syrup of epicac so I'm as hungry as possible.

Then I'd want Lobster, Steak, KFC fried chicken, Crab legs, Root beer, Pepperoni pizza and mac and cheese.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-11-30, 06:54 PM
Macaroni and cheese pizza, with a side order of breadsticks with ranch sauce and Dr. Pepper.

Call me childish if you like, but you know that sounds delicious...:smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-30, 06:57 PM
Wait. Can we chose presentation, too?

I'm tempted to ask for one of those "sushi off someone's body" things. Always been curious about that. >.>

Mystic Muse
2009-11-30, 07:05 PM
Macaroni and cheese pizza

Macaroni and cheese pizza might actually be very good.

arguskos
2009-11-30, 08:56 PM
Wait. Can we chose presentation, too?

I'm tempted to ask for one of those "sushi off someone's body" things. Always been curious about that. >.>
Interestingly enough, I've had that. It's actually not terrible. The sushi was rather fresh and well done. The lady in question was talkative as well, and it was fun times.

Macaroni and cheese pizza might actually be very good.
Had it. It is, though it has some bad potential to be very oily. Get one that's only got a light layer of mac and cheese, that way, it's not overpowerly thick and powerful.

loopy
2009-12-01, 08:58 AM
I'm really craving a serving of Bruschetta right now. With a glass of coca cola thats just above freezing temperature.

Totally Guy
2009-12-01, 09:07 AM
I was ill yesterday so I didn't eat all day.

Today I am much better but very hungry. I am craving a stodgy beef curry with fried rice. Normally I'd want something a little more refined but today, a plain old beef curry would be marvellous.

Or... a chinese beef curry. I might have to do that.

starwoof
2009-12-01, 09:10 AM
A deep dish pizza with stuffed crust. The pizza would have sausage, pepperoni, mushooms, a few Wendy's Baconators, and mozzarella sticks as its primary components.

Wash it down with a tall (tall) glass of coca cola, and a small frosty for dessert.

Delicious. I could really go for that right now.

EDIT: Oh and some ibuprofen cause I've got a mad headache.

Anuan
2009-12-01, 09:22 AM
I've been craving a decent fish and chips for days now. A big, thick piece of fish, I don't care if it's crumbed or battered, and a big portion of hot, thick chips. Tartare sauce, too, and maybe some lemon juice.

Also a medium-well steak with dianne sauce, and chips. And a chicken schnitzel with pepper sauce. And another steak, with mushroom sauce. And a huge pile of buttered white bread. Just water to drink. Sticky date pudding and/or butterscotch pudding for dessert, served really hot, with icecream.

Dammit I'm HUNGRY ;-;

starwoof
2009-12-01, 09:32 AM
I've been craving a decent fish and chips for days now. A big, thick piece of fish, I don't care if it's crumbed or battered, and a big portion of hot, thick chips. Tartare sauce, too, and maybe some lemon juice.

Wow I would totally join you for that meal. In the meantime I'll just throw it on my pizza.:smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2009-12-01, 09:40 AM
Pizza is good, but not my first choice.
That one will always be lasagne (http://fitpigrecipes.com/recipes/owens-homemade-lasagne/). With red wine.
Then, some other lasagne.
Dessert: anything with (a lot of) chocolate in it.

And a place where I can fall asleep after finished. :smallwink:

Krugg
2009-12-03, 06:39 AM
I could go for a nice warm dish of lovin'... Any takers?

Or some KFC, alternatively. I've been craving KFC all day...

Setra
2009-12-03, 09:21 AM
Or some KFC, alternatively. I've been craving KFC all day...
I find it amusing that KFC has better Country Fried Steak than Chicken... Their chicken isn't bad or anything just..

Serpentine
2009-12-03, 09:30 AM
5 star motel breakfast. Best meal ever.

Blayze
2009-12-03, 02:53 PM
Special Curry and Mushroom Fried Rice. Greatest takeaway meal ever.

golentan
2009-12-03, 03:20 PM
Probably a roast duck (marinated in whatever it was my uncle used), with fresh, hot spiced bread, my specialty stewed vegetables, and a fruit salad on the side.

And yes, I'd have leftovers.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-12-03, 03:39 PM
Two of the world's largest lobsters for starters. They're nature's candy.
6 garlic butter baked prawns on brown rice with a 26 ounce obscenely rare veal steak.
For the second course I will have a lamb Gyro the size of a football, and on the side I will have Tonkatsu Kurri (had this in Japan, best thing ever I swear).
And for dessert, I shall have a live chicken.

I will then die from a mixture of meteoric onset diabetes and food coma. And I will be happier than YOU! Yes you specifically. And you know why!? Because it will be the first time I will have ever been happy. NOW SOMEONE GET COOKING! I must feeeeeeed.

Incompleat
2009-12-03, 04:12 PM
My folks had a small family dinner this evening, with many of my favourite foods: the only problem is that I am at 1300+ km of distance, and I'm still in my office, and I actually still have to eat dinner even though it's past 10:00 PM :smallmad:.

Here is the list of what they had - even typing it up is making me teary-eyed:

Fresh, hand-made tortellini cooked in broth made with free-range meat;
The meat of the broth and a zampone (think cotechino, but even better: in brief, it is the skin of a pig's legg filled with pork and pork rinds), with mashed potatoes and salsa verde as side dishes;
Rice cake and panna cotta.

All of this accompanied with a very dry Lambrusco, of course, and with some sweet white or rosι sparkling wine to go with the dessert - Moscato D'Asti, perhaps, but I do not know what they decided to go with.

It goes without saying that I'd give everyone's left kidneys to have this meal delivered to me right now.

Since I left my parents, a few years ago, I lost these 10 kg I really needed to lose, but still... :smallfrown:

Perenelle
2009-12-03, 04:28 PM
Lobster, King crab legs, shrimp cocktail, some form of pasta, and buttered dinner rolls. for desert, warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge drizzled down the side with vanilla ice cream.... *drool*..:smallamused:

Dracomorph
2009-12-03, 04:47 PM
Oh, man- where to start? Oh, right, appetizers.

Appetizer: big ol' plate of Afghani muntoo. Oh, god, so delicious.

Main course: chicken korma, I haven't found a place that serves it since I got home from England. On the side, a great big lamb gyro and a heap of nan and rice.

Dessert: brownies, but just the edges, not the middle. The edges are the best part.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-03, 05:14 PM
Lobster, King crab legs, shrimp cocktail, some form of pasta, and buttered dinner rolls. for desert, warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge drizzled down the side with vanilla ice cream.... *drool*..:smallamused:

...do you just want to go to Red Lobster or something? :smallamused:

I so do love their seafood pastas. And the cheesy bread. =3

The Demented One
2009-12-03, 05:16 PM
First: Don't eat for a day. If I'm getting a wundermeal, I want to enjoy it

And the meal itself...

• An appetizer of various soft cheeses on bread, with honey to drizzle on them.
• A rack of lamb, medium-rare.
• A lobster, with all the little side condiments. Lemon juice, butter, all that.
• A greek salad on the side. Tiny, not big.
• Red wine to go with the lamb, white wine for the lobster. I lack the wine-fu to adequately pick labels, so I'd just go with what the house has. Limoncello for dessert!

onthetown
2009-12-03, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty simple... give me streak strips, mashed potatoes with gravy, and raw carrots. I'm pretty happy that way no matter when it is.

But I'm suddenly craving Dominos pizza...

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-03, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty simple... give me streak strips, mashed potatoes with gravy, and raw carrots. I'm pretty happy that way no matter when it is.

But I'm suddenly craving Dominos pizza...

Mmm...steak and mashed potatoes and gravy... =3

I think I've changed my mind. I'm going to go to every playgrounder's house, and we'll get double orders. It's BRILLIANT.

Perenelle
2009-12-03, 06:20 PM
...do you just want to go to Red Lobster or something? :smallamused:

I so do love their seafood pastas. And the cheesy bread. =3

yes. :smallbiggrin: I would have put "Red Lobster" but I wasnt sure if there were Red Lobsters in every country... V.V those poor, poor Red Lobster-less people... :smallsigh: :smalltongue:

Anuan
2009-12-03, 06:38 PM
Hey, who needs a Red Lobster restaraunt, when we've got Moreton Bay Bugs available at any good seafood restaraunt in Sydney or Brisbane :smallwink: sided with some lobster and crab, if you want :smalltongue:

golentan
2009-12-03, 07:06 PM
yes. :smallbiggrin: I would have put "Red Lobster" but I wasnt sure if there were Red Lobsters in every country... V.V those poor, poor Red Lobster-less people... :smallsigh: :smalltongue:

Yes. How ever will they live, only able to eat shellfish that don't give them food poisoning?*

Seriously, though, you wouldn't rather have a five star version of the same type of meal?

*spake in a nasal monotone.

Perenelle
2009-12-03, 08:25 PM
Hey, who needs a Red Lobster restaraunt, when we've got Moreton Bay Bugs available at any good seafood restaraunt in Sydney or Brisbane :smallwink: sided with some lobster and crab, if you want :smalltongue:

Good point. The only seafood place around where I live is Red Lobster, and that is the only restaurant that I have had Lobster at. So that is why I specifically said Red Lobster. :smallwink:

Yes. How ever will they live, only able to eat shellfish that don't give them food poisoning?*

Seriously, though, you wouldn't rather have a five star version of the same type of meal?

*spake in a nasal monotone.

Why would the shell fish give them food poisoning? :smallconfused:

well, yes. I never have though. With my experience with sea food (which is limited), Red Lobster is the best I've had.

Demonia
2009-12-04, 08:41 PM
Rare pepper steak with potatoe salad, cous cous with a bundeberg ginger beer and caramelized brandied bannanas for desert with rich vanilla ice cream. :smallwink:

P.S. great now i'm hungry :smalleek:

fireinthehole
2009-12-05, 12:36 AM
mmmmm steak:smallsigh:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-12-06, 04:52 PM
Rare pepper steak with potatoe salad, cous cous with a bundeberg ginger beer and caramelized brandied bannanas for desert with rich vanilla ice cream. :smallwink:

P.S. great now i'm hungry :smalleek:

Is that, like...bananas foster? Because that is DELICIOUS. =3

Closak
2009-12-06, 04:56 PM
I take a couple of first level commoners please :smallwink:

Hell Puppi
2009-12-06, 05:02 PM
A breakfast burrito. Maybe with some potatoes, eggs, cheese and pico.

Yeahhhh......:smallbiggrin:

Closet_Skeleton
2009-12-06, 08:11 PM
Just sausages. Proper English ones that is.

Kurien
2009-12-06, 08:56 PM
All you can eat sushi, of all varieties. Mostly Nigiri-zushi and sashimi as I find the type formed in a roll with seaweed has less fish and other seafood, the main attraction of sushi. I'm not a fan of wasabi, I'd only take soya sauce.
Mainstays would include salmon:
http://www.diy-sushi-recipes.com/image-files/nigiri.jpg
and Ebi Nigiri but I'd gladly try something new, such as toro, yellowtail, sea urchin, mackerel, octopus, you name it.

Sushi is awesome, but expensive. One roll (I think six pieces, or was it a single piece?) found on the menu of a restaurant I recently went to was $45.

Zocelot
2009-12-06, 09:14 PM
I know it's the classic "I really want" food, but a nice, juicy steak would be fantastic for me.

Alarra
2009-12-07, 12:28 AM
Smallish amounts of all of these so that I could actually have everything that I want. :smallbiggrin:

appetizer: crab rangoon with sweet and sour sauce

meal: steak, well seasoned, cooked medium. lobster tail with melted butter. a baked potato with butter and sour cream. butternut squash ravioli in sundried tomato cream sauce.

dessert: tres leches (from Luna Maya, cause it's amazing)

drink: pineapple upside down cake martini, or banana berry daquiri, or maybe an amaretto sour or hell, all of the above. :smallcool:

Trobby
2009-12-07, 12:34 AM
Oh man, no question here. An entire 15 lb. lobster, fresh yellow corn, a potato loaded with creamy butter and salt, with plenty of butter on the side for the lobster, pre-empted by a nice Minestrone Soup with bread sticks, with an entire bottle of sasparilla throughout the meal (with some water in case I run out of the Sass), then for dessert, a moist, airy chocolate cake with cherry drizzle and filling, complete with a fresh cup of hot coffee, 2 cup things of cream and one and a half packets of sugar for the coffee. Then a handful of those chocolate mints for an after-dinner breath freshener.

((Edit Note: I may actually be going way over the proper weight for a table lobster. So maybe something more like um...3 to 5 lbs?

Also, close second for the main course: A big ol' steak.))