PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Ninja Character Optimization Help!

Johanas
2009-11-30, 01:00 PM
So I've been working on a character build, and I would like some input. Going for the Ninja Spy Prc from Oriental Adventures. Trying be a an infiltrator, less of a damage dealer. Thinking Factotum/Monk, with the Kung Fu Genius feat. GM said that they'd allow the Ninja base class' Wis to armor to stack with the monk's, since they would be a different ability mod after Kung Fu Genius. And that the unarmored generic AC bonus would stack too. All very well, and good. But, I'm having trouble coming up with the optimum blend of each class, and some fun feats. Any Ideas?

Darrin
2009-11-30, 05:04 PM
Going for the Ninja Spy Prc from Oriental Adventures. Trying be a an infiltrator, less of a damage dealer. Thinking Factotum/Monk, with the Kung Fu Genius feat.
[...]
But, I'm having trouble coming up with the optimum blend of each class, and some fun feats. Any Ideas?

The general rule of thumb for creating effective monks is to take as few levels as possible... with the ideal number being below 1. However, if you are going monk, you might as well pick up two levels, since this gets you two bonus feats (use the Variant Styles from UA to pick up some feats that aren't almost completely useless).

So, to qualify for Ninja Spy... you're probably looking at Monk 2/Factotum 5/Ninja Spy X. But I'm puzzled when you mention the Ninja Wis to armor ability... are you trying to take Ninja levels in there as well? I don't understand this... the Ninja is slightly more effective than a monk, but putting levels of both in the build is epic weaksauce... too many abilities that just don't work together.

As far as which feats... can you be a bit more specific about what you'd like to optimize? After looking at the Ninja Spy... I don't see anything that can't be done better with another PrC. In fact, I think a straight Haberdash (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88633) build could do everything the Ninja Spy could do, only better.

Johanas
2009-11-30, 07:26 PM
I was considering ninja, but that WOULD be stretching myself a little thin. Monk 2/Factotum 8/Ninja Spy 10 for a 20 level build (not necessarily in that order), sounds like what I'm looking for. Although, I definitely will be adding some Haberdash. Thanks :smallsmile: