Speed: 20 feet [armor]

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +4 [scale] +3 [dexterity] -1 [deformity tall]

Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 13

Initiative modifier: +3 = +3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +6 = 4 +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +7 = 4 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save: +0 = 1 [base] -1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +9 = 5 [base] +3 [strength] +1 [shadow hand weapon proficiency]
Attack (unarmed): +9 = 5 [base] +3 [strength] +1 [shadow hand weapon proficiency]
Attack (missile): +8 = 5 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +8 = 5 [base] +3 [strength]

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
86 lb. or less
87-173 lb.
174-260 lb.
260 lb.
520 lb.
1300 lb.

Languages: Common

Spiked Chain [2d4, crit x2, 10 lb., two-handed, piercing]

Scale mail [medium; +4 AC; max dex +3; check penalty -4; 30 lb.]

Feats:

Combat Reflexes
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Willing deformity
Willing deformity [tall]
Aberration Blood: Bulging Eyes [aberrant] (pick one it doesn't matter)
Inhuman Reach [aberrant]

[B]In addition you get the burning brand maneuver.

meaning that you have a range of
5 feet base +5 feet chain+ 5 feet tall + 5 feet inhuman reach + 5 feet when you use burning brand for a total of 20-25 foot reach and you can still attack anything in that 20-25 foot reach

Combat reflexes mean you are annoying as hell. Any suggestions? I don't plan to use this build but I do find it amusing.

Also how do you use the spoiler option so people have to click a button to see certain text?

ex cathedra
2009-11-30, 01:44 PM
It's actually 30-40ft. Spiked Chains and other reach weapons double your natural reach. There are ways to get much more reach than you have here, it's a fairly well known concept.

Try using [spoiler] tags. Also, we don't need to know your base saves, etc., when you're just trying to showcase your reach. As such, please clean up your posts beforehand.

Ormagoden
2009-11-30, 01:47 PM
No need to drop the hammer of meanness on the new pixie!

Aethernox is right however, having a clean start can work wonders for a thread.

If you haven't already you might want to check out the search feature too; I'm not sure if this has already been discussed before but these forums have a WEALTH of knowledge in them! You might find someone already had this idea and posted it up or you might not.

Welcome aboard!

Spoiler tags look like this

Your text [ /spoiler] <without the space in the bracket here.

So using the above you'd get this
[spoiler] Your text

ex cathedra
2009-11-30, 02:02 PM
Apologies if that came off more harshly than I meant it to.

So, reach weapons double your reach. Let's use those. Drop the deformity; it only works if you're medium, which isn't very helpful to us.

Now, size is important. Whether your size is derived from race/templates, enlarge person, expansion, or giant size depends on the character, but size provides monstrous reach increases. Getting to Huge is easy, and Gargantuan/Colossal can be reliably managed. Medium creatures have a natural reach of 5 ft; Large have 10, Huge have 15, Gargantuan have 20, and Colossal have 30. Inhuman reach increases any of these by 5. A Long Arm graft from the field folio will give you another 5ft of reach, and we won't talk about getting two long arm grafts and using Inhuman Reach, 'kay?

So, only assuming three size increases (which is, what, enlarge person and expansion?), we have a reach of 60'. Colossal would increase that to 80'. Other obscure and not-so-obscure sources would make this much higher, quite easily, but I don't feel like researching them.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-30, 02:02 PM
Bloodstorm Blade allows you to make melee attacks at range. That's always pretty nice for fighting at mid distances. If you're doing it for AoOs, though, a Half-Ogre Psywar with a Spiked Chain can hit 40' reach, or 50' with 2 feats, 60' with Burning Brand.

Edit: Enlarge Person and Expansion don't stack, hence the Half-Ogre. However, I had forgotten the Graft.

ex cathedra
2009-11-30, 02:12 PM
Bloodstorm Blade allows you to make melee attacks at range. That's always pretty nice for fighting at mid distances. If you're doing it for AoOs, though, a Half-Ogre Psywar with a Spiked Chain can hit 40' reach, or 50' with 2 feats, 60' with Burning Brand.

Edit: Enlarge Person and Expansion don't stack, hence the Half-Ogre. However, I had forgotten the Graft.

Right, I had forgotten that. Well, there's still Giant Size, Half-Ogre, Half-Minotaur, and...

out of curiosity, how would a Choker (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/choker.htm)'s reach progress?

Kzickas
2009-11-30, 02:20 PM
No need to drop the hammer of meanness on the new pixie!

Aethernox is right however, having a clean start can work wonders for a thread.

If you haven't already you might want to check out the search feature too; I'm not sure if this has already been discussed before but these forums have a WEALTH of knowledge in them! You might find someone already had this idea and posted it up or you might not.

Welcome aboard!

Spoiler tags look like this

[spoiler] Your text [ /spoiler] <without the space in the bracket here.

So using the above you'd get this
Your text

noparse is nice too

SurlySeraph
2009-11-30, 02:31 PM
Add the Extending weapon property (+1 bonus) for another 5 feet of reach.

Person_Man
2009-11-30, 02:32 PM
For your reference, here is the (complete?) index of ways to Increase Size, Effective Size, Unarmed Damage, and Reach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777).