PDA

View Full Version : Glimmerfolk Binder [3.5]

alchemyprime
2009-11-30, 01:54 PM
Heya folks. Pretty much, I'm playing a refluffed glimmerfolk (race with a Dex bonus and a big bonus to Charisma skills and a fun SLA mechanic (3 points a day: light 1 pt, magic missile 2 pts and mirror image 3 pts) as well as a binder.

1st level, and I took the feat to let me have 2nd level vestiges.

But I can't pick my vestige. Any help?

Ryuuk
2009-11-30, 02:06 PM
This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=7deaba73e0ab1f3b45dbb808d188b2 e2&topic=137.0) should be very useful later on.

Binders are great tanks at first, getting a full plate before anyone else with Savnok. You could us him to tough it out at first, since a morningstar should deal enough damage at first.

If you have a big boost on Cha, Focalor would be great at third since you get two abilities that require a save and an aura that weakens an enemy's roll.

alchemyprime
2009-11-30, 02:24 PM
18 Cha, and because of my race, 16 Dex. I'd do Savnok if not for the fact I feel like it's hindering my Dex score. Maybe if the Paladin or Barbarian don't show.

But Malphas looks promising, as does Focalor. And Paimon I could use my high Dex with...

Also, he's allowing EVERY vestige. From "Let's Make Some NEw Vestiges", Dragon Magazine, Dragon Magic, ToM, everywhere.

Starbuck_II
2009-11-30, 03:07 PM
Heya folks. Pretty much, I'm playing a refluffed glimmerfolk (race with a Dex bonus and a big bonus to Charisma skills and a fun SLA mechanic (3 points a day: light 1 pt, magic missile 2 pts and mirror image 3 pts) as well as a binder.

1st level, and I took the feat to let me have 2nd level vestiges.

But I can't pick my vestige. Any help?

Ronove gets a free auto-hit (1d6 dam + bull rush) "Force Push". +10 speed (like a monk). Unarmed Strike (like a monk). Feather fall.

Malphas's invisibility lasts for effective Binder level rounds (so 1 rd at level 1). But the summoned bird is decent.

alchemyprime
2009-11-30, 05:44 PM
Oh... I didn't think of Ronovoe... I like the sound of it. Any other suggestions? Maybe what I should bind later or for what situations?

Starbuck_II
2009-11-30, 05:48 PM
Since damage doesn't improve it kinda loses out to the later Vestiges.
But at level 1, 1d6 is decent damage to do without fail.

alchemyprime
2009-11-30, 05:54 PM
Indeed. I can see switching between Malphas, Ronove and Amon a lot at early levels, but once I get Focalor and Paimon I can see me getting rid of them quick.

Not to mention once I'm allowed to use the Dalek homebrew vestige or the Ion/Parallax one. Or the Silver Surfer one.

That'd be fun. I love my DM sometimes.