PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cupid...

pokapokapoke
2009-11-30, 02:42 PM
So one of my players wants to shoot love-arrows instead of regular pointy-mcdeathcount arrows, which i think will be cool as far as roleplaying goes, but i'm getting stuck on the mechanics of it. any thoughts?

Temotei
2009-11-30, 02:48 PM
1 damage, Fortitude or Will saving throw to avoid becoming confused? Or, if they're high enough level, just make it a magic weapon property. Normal weapon damage, plus confusion...or if you can come up with some other effect, like charmed, then you can use that in place of confusion.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-11-30, 02:49 PM
Save DC or be charmed seems the best, in my mind. Technically I think there's also a love potion in either the 3.0 or the 3.5 DMG which you could steal the mechanics for.

Xallace
2009-11-30, 03:29 PM
Save DC or be charmed seems the best, in my mind.

I agree. Save DC or be charmed by the first person the target sees, specifically.

AugustNights
2009-11-30, 04:00 PM
Lesser Arrow of Eros

This simple wooden arrows seem to glint in the moonlight. It deals no damage but can cause a creature to become charmed with the first creature she sees after being struck. (as charm person—the target must be a humanoid of Medium or smaller size, Will DC 14 negates). The charm effects wear off in 1d3 hours.

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, charm person; Price 250 gp.

Arrow of Eros

This well crafted arrow has dove's fletchings. It deals no damage but can cause a creature to become charmed with the first creature she sees after being struck. (as charm person—the target must be a humanoid or monstrous humanoid. Will DC 16 negates). The charm effects wear off in 24 hours.

Faint transmutation; CL 7th; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, charm person; Price 550 gp.

Greater Arrow of Eros

This gilded arrows is light as wood and seems perfectly straight. It deals no damage but can cause a creature to become charmed with the first creature she sees after being struck. (as charm monster— Will DC 18 negates). The charm effects wear off in 24 hours.

Moderate transmutation; CL 9th; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, charm monster; Price 750 gp.

Fantastic Arrow of Eros

This majestic arrow has a cresent moon for a head, and peacock's feathers for flechings. It deals no damage but can cause a creature to become charmed with the first creature she sees after being struck. (as charm Monster—Will DC 20 negates). The charm effects lasts until dispelled or broken by threatening effects.

Strong transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, Dominate Person, Charm Monster; Price 1,250 gp.

------------------------------

Not sure about Prices, and Caster Levels, but these are loosely based off of Pixie's Sleep Arrows and Elixirs of Love.

pokapokapoke
2009-12-01, 07:59 AM
whoa, these are great, thanks a lot folks :)
So here's what we're thinking of doing for our stupid cupid at this point; having taken some ranks in Craft (Arrow), this first level PC will use feathers from his own wings to fletch his arrows to make Amor-Piercing Rounds (catchy, huh?), projectiles with Elixir of Love stats in place of Damage, attacking Will instead of HP, but would still have to get through target's defenses before the opposed Will check becomes a factor.
What do you think, does this sound feasible?

Debihuman
2009-12-01, 10:41 AM
whoa, these are great, thanks a lot folks :)
So here's what we're thinking of doing for our stupid cupid at this point; having taken some ranks in Craft (Arrow), this first level PC will use feathers from his own wings to fletch his arrows to make Amor-Piercing Rounds (catchy, huh?), projectiles with Elixir of Love stats in place of Damage, attacking Will instead of HP, but would still have to get through target's defenses before the opposed Will check becomes a factor.
What do you think, does this sound feasible?

Interesting idea.

I'm not sure you'd need it to be armor-piercing. It would be a ranged touch effect with the arrow acting as a conduit for the spell rather than as weapon. I'm not sure how you'd actually make this feasible.

Also, does pulling out his own feathers cause damage?

Debby

Lunix Vandal
2009-12-01, 10:50 AM
Not Armor-piercing.
Amour-piercing.
As in Disney's version of Aladdin where Al is explaining his feelings for Jasmine and Genie interjects "Ah vie, c'est l'amour."
(Pardon my likely horribly misspelled French.)

pokapokapoke
2009-12-01, 01:19 PM
Amour, right, the french form of the latin Amor, Italian Amore. This guy is my resident smart-aleck, you see, and came up with the name himself. As for the feathers, he's not ripping them out like preparing a thanksgiving turkey, he's using the ones that molt from his wings, in his sleep, say, cuz it takes a lot of time to put the arrows together. kind of like preparing a spell, i reckon.