PDA

View Full Version : Prologue:Encounter of the Shadowkind

Hyperion
2009-11-30, 03:09 PM
Sandra Sullivan a local anchorman is talking on tv
“Tonight, the godfather, Luis Corsone had been acquitted of all crime charges against him. The lack of evidence and the strong case posed by his lawyers put him out of prison this time. In other news, Prancing Pony restaurant is widely popular, this franchise themed around medieval taverns and burgers such as the minotaur burger surely are delicious John."
John the man sitting right next to her take over right after her comment.
"Surely Sandra, the kids just love it, I mostly go there for the knights duel, always enjoyed those fights. What is their slogan again? Oh yeah every adventures begin in a tavern...well that's it for New York local new.”

You could have seen this broadcast in your home or passing by the windows of a store. It announced to be a day like any other as far as you could tell. This night you were driving or walking depending on your preference.

As you stopped at the light, the scene happening on the other side of the streets caught your attention. A middle aged man in a black suit with dark hair and a goatee walks into an street basketball court. A couple of youngsters seem to be having a game and the man talks to them. You can barely make out the conversation but one of them charge at the man in the suit.

What happens next boggles your mind, as the less armed man shoot what appears to be knives covered of a green aura and takes down the 3 basketball players on the court. He proceeds to crouch down on one of the body.

People in the streets are screaming in panic and a couple of people are shouting. “This crazy man shot him did you see that? He pulled out his gun and he shot them!”

This comment seems to be coming from most of the people around, shooting? Maybe you didn't see right or were hallucinating but pretty sure the middle aged man didn't shoot any guns. The man in the dark suit turns around and have a grin on his face and makes a run for the nearest alley.

Some people are calling the police on their cell phones and others are just trying to get out of the crime scene. Nobody seems to want to go after the man but now what do you do?

Good occasion to describe your character and what he was doing all day before seeing this event.

Ridai
2009-11-30, 05:37 PM
Nate lets out a long yawn as the anchormen keep talking. "Way too many campaigns start in a tavern." The young man kneads his cheek as he drives through the streets in his dark-red Dodge Neon, already looking forward to just crawl into bed and sleep like a log. He delivered a few packages, documents and what not like usual, just a normal workday. Enough to keep on living, but he hopes things will go up a bit in the near future. Having heard enough for the evening, the courier switches the radio off and lazily leans back in his seat as he drives home.

Nate is a pretty unremarkable person in appearance, average height, slender somewhat athletic build. His dark-brown hair is short, nothing fancy, and is accompanied by a simple beard along his chin and a five o'clock shadow. Even though he feels tired, there is an undeniable sharpness and energy in his green eyes. Nate wears a black longsleeve with more or less random small designs and lines on it beneath a simple brown jacket, together with regular jeans and sneakers. Comfortable clothes are more important to him than fashionable.

The courier is suddenly wide awake when he sees some guy in a suit mow down three people with glowing knives and just utters "Holy mother of-" as he watches dumbstruck for a moment. Then he gets his car into motion, dialing 911 on his cell to get an ambulance and whatever else to the crime scene. He knows the city and it's nooks and crannies, so he tries to intercept the guy's route. After he told all the bullet points to the person on the other end of the line, he fully concentrates on driving and catching up with that guy. What the hell am I doing?

industrious
2009-11-30, 06:46 PM
Professor Bridges was working when he saw it. Walking down the street at night, the professor had his pad and pen out, and was working on his latest series of lecture notes. "Let's see, then we move on to Sartre, and the differences between the two...." His fountain pen slips from his hand. Bending over to pick it up, the professor sees the man across the street, sees the blades, sees the deaths. "Oh, my word."

The professor is fairly average height, and skinny from too many meals eating at the university dining hall. The man is not in shape, hadn't been in shape for years. But still, he knew he had to do something. Everybody else on the sidewalk seemed to be calling the police; the old radical had a better idea. Stepping out onto the street, and knowing that he could intercept the suited man, the professor is promptly jostled by a red Neon. The old gentleman is thrust down onto the ground, the wind taken out of him. He grunts in pain.

tiny tim
2009-11-30, 07:47 PM
I saw the man throwing the knives out of the corner of my eye. Then I saw the bodies of the three basketball players falling.
Damn! My day has been great so far, I think I even made the sale, and if he thinks he's going to ruin it....

I slid the silver Mercedes into a barely big enough space between two cars, and leaped out of the car, hitting the remote lock button on my way out. My full length black trench coat almost got caught in the door as it closed, and
as it fell back to cover my black shoes, everyone was able to see that I was dressed fully in black. Black jeans. Black shirt. Black hair. Before they could get more than that, I was off through the court chasing after the knifey guy. As soon as I am out of view of the gathering off people I pull the Colt M1911 out from an interior pocket of my trench coat.

All I have on me is the gun, one extra magazine, and my armor. Just tell me if I need to make a sleight of hand check against teh crowd to keep the gun concealed.

RandomAction
2009-11-30, 11:01 PM
Dale was just minding his own buisness, watching the news broadcast with some interest. The TV is slightly distorted by the glass of the store' window. He notices how both Sandra and John were not acting suprised by the mafia leader's release.
He looks at his reflection in the window. His pale blue eyes are sunken from the lack of sleep. His hair is unkept and sticking out from underneath the bandanna. His black mesh vest seems to blend with his shirt making them look like a large sleeveless jacket. His faded jeans are stuffed into to the tops of his mis-matched boots.
They knew already. Breakin' news my ass. How much are you getting to plug the Pony, eh? Free meals maybe., he thinks to himself.
Taking a quick glance at the courts, he sees the old man in the suit move his arm as if he was pointing at the boys. Before he returns his attention back to the TV, he sees the green flash and his jaw drops. Rubbing his eyes in disbelief, he walks over to the courtyard before the suit turns arround and smiles.
Seeing the boys now laying on the ground and a small pool of blood forming, Dale feels a heat start building in his chest. He looks over at them and then at the guy running off. Cursing angrily, he begins to follow after the killer.
Come back here you piece of ...

Ayden
2009-12-01, 12:05 AM
OOC: Approximately what time is it? Whats the link for the OOC thread?

Noah was walking along the footpath, listening to his MP3 player and singing along to the song it was playing under his breath. He was wearing big aviator sunglasses, a pair of faded grey jeans and a simple white button up shirt. All designer brands of course. In his left hand he carried a big metal guitar case, in which an amp and his prized electric guitar were kept. He almost missed the sight of the man throwing the strange green daggers, but when he noticed the blood, bodies and panic he realized what had happened. His hand immediately closed around the small switchblade hidden in his jeans pocket, his eyes widening behind the glasses.

Most of the people around him were in various states of panic. A few though, seemed intent on chasing after the killer. In particular, there was a red neon that seemed to be in the process of chasing after him. Pulling out his earphones, Noah focused on the words of those around him. A gun? That guy hadn't fired a gun had he? Shaking his head in confusion he sighed and then ran over to where the basketball players were, checking for pulses, "Is anyone here a doctor?" he calls out, keeping his voice calm.

Hyperion
2009-12-01, 01:03 AM
Nate has no particular difficulties in making his way thought the streets and having an idea of where the killer might be headed. Dale is running right behind the man and you can see him sprinting down an alley, quickly followed by another man in a trenchcoat.

Professor Bridges hopefully didn't get hurt by the red neon that just passed him but now the scene is a bit clearer around him and apparently one law abiding citizen (or at least what it looks like) youngster called for a doctor and one was answering the call.

Noah calls for a doctor seems to be answered by one guy, probably this man was still surprised of what just happened and rushed toward you. As you are closer to the body, the wounds appear to be larger than bullet holes, not like you are a doctor but fairly certain those aren't bullet wounds.
"I...I am a doctor. Let me check them out."

The doctor looks attentively at the body.

As you are all coming out of the alley following the killer in the black suit. He stops when he sees the red neon braking right in front of the exit of the alley. This man obviously didn't expect to be cornered in such a way and you can only see a frown on his face.

The man is roughly 20 ft away from Nate's car. Dale is 30 ft away from the killer and Jack is 50 ft away from the killer. He puts his hand in his suit apparently attempting to retrieve a weapon.

OOC: feel free to post your actions not in the initiative order, I'll resolve the actions as necessary. If Killer first, I'll post but very unlikely.
initiative:
Killer [roll0]
Nate [roll1]
Jack [roll2]
Dale [roll3]

RandomAction
2009-12-01, 01:36 AM
Dale slows down to a stop and watches the guy carefully. He pulls his metal baton from his vest and snaps it to it's full length. He moves slowly forward until he is beside the man.

What the hell did you do Mister? You may have killed those boys back there. Hey, keep your hands open and clear pal. I don't want to hurt you, but if you draw a gun you will regret it.

Ridai
2009-12-01, 03:30 AM
Well, he stopped the guy. Problem is he doesn't really know what to do now. I should have put a bit more thought into this. Fortunately, two other people ran after the guy. When Nate sees the figure reach for a weapon, he ducks a bit in his seat and punches in 911 again. He hadn't bothered to take off his headset before. While he tries to get the killer's location through to the cops, he gets ready to make an escape over or around the car as difficult as possible. I'm out of my frickin' mind.

Nate readies a move action to hinder the guy as much as possible should he try to escape, like suddenly accelerating when he tries to run over the car's hood.

Ayden
2009-12-01, 04:27 AM
Now that the victims are being cared for by the doctor, Noah realises he has no reason for being there any more. His head spins to look down the alley where the mysterious attacker went. Standing up, he runs over to the end, and enters cautiously. Once he's out of sight of the crowd, he pulls his gun from out if his bag and loads it, keeping the weapon ready to use.

tiny tim
2009-12-01, 07:03 PM
Seeing the man reaching into his pockets, I raise my weapon and advance towards him.

Just hold it right there buddy. We don't want any more bloodshed right now. Just take any weapons you have and lay them on the ground there.

OOC:

I move 40 ft. as a move action and then ready an action to fire at him if he attempts to attack either of us.

industrious
2009-12-02, 10:36 PM
The professor picks himself up from his near miss. "This is a classic example of power, son. Stand down." Reaching into his jacket, the ex-radical pulls out his pistol. "I'm old. I'm not defenseless."

Hyperion
2009-12-03, 06:58 PM
The man pulls out what appear to be a SITES M9.

"You will not stop me. You have no idea of what we are capable of!"

Without hesitating the man with the black shirt pulls out his gun a colt M1911 and shoots at the threatening man.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The professor and Noah running right behind, just hear a gunshot coming from the alley and arrives at the scene. The shot hit the man in the shoulder, yet this guy is still standing tougher than he looks that for sure. The shot startled the man but from what you know no one normal can take a bullet and just stand there.

"Damn you!"

Blood is coming from his lips as he attempts to shoot you back.

Hyperion
2009-12-03, 07:05 PM
Dale follows quickly by attempting to hit the man with his metal baton.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The man is hit again with a baton now on his face. Yet this man is still standing but with the way that he is breathing heavily, you know that he took about as much as he can handle.

He attempts to turn and run away but the red neon car right behind stops him in his track. The man in the suit is bleeding and not looking in the best shape.

"You...You can't stop us. Don't you understand? I am destined for greatness...I can't die right here!"

tiny tim
2009-12-03, 07:35 PM
There are more people like you? Why did you do this? What did those kids do to deserve it? I don't think you deserve to live, but that's up to the courts to decide. Not me. Just drop the gun. Turn yourself in.

RandomAction
2009-12-03, 08:46 PM
Dale moves with the suited man keeping to his left. His metal baton held at the ready. Sparing a quick glance to where the gun-shot was heard, Dale frowns and curses under his breathe.
"Hey hold your fire back there!"

He looks over to the driver of the Neon and gives him a quick nod before yelling, Do you have a cell phone? We need to call the police.

Returning his attention back to the man in the suit, Dale sighs deeply and begins speaking to the man in a calm voice. "Ok, listen. You are not going to die here. What-ever you were doing has been done and you got caught. Knowing how the things are you will more than likely spend your life in jail. Just drop the weapon, ok?
His voice goes softer to where only the man wearing the suit can hear him,"What was that green flash and how did you do it?"

Hyperion
2009-12-03, 09:04 PM
"Green flash? Impossible so you saw and yet you don't tremble under my power? I could try to explain to you but you wouldn't believe either way..."

"That's enough." A tall man standing roughly 2.20 meters with a young face ,blue eyes and silver hair is coming down from the alley where the professor and Noah just came. The Man with the silver hair put his right hand in the air and it glows with a strange light and the man that you had been fighting fall on the ground. Apparently falling unconscious for no reason.

"Good job, I had been looking for this guy in the last few days. I suppose you have a lot of questions but no worries an ambulance is coming to take care of this guy. We wouldn't want to be involved in this mess right? Any of you feel hungry?"

industrious
2009-12-03, 09:15 PM
Putting the gun back in its holster, Professor Bridges shrugs. "I actually missed dinner; I was having this delightful conversation with a colleague over the categorical imperative, and its application in psychology. Dr. Cavelieur had a most intriguing argument..."

tiny tim
2009-12-03, 09:22 PM
I place my gun back into a pocket on my trench coat.
All I've had since noon were the complementary snacks provided at the business meeting. I was on my way to go find a nice place too eat. All of my stuff is back in my car though. Could I go get that and meet you at wherever you were planning on going? I think I might have parked in a 15 minute parking zone.

Hyperion
2009-12-03, 09:26 PM
"That was probably going to be an interesting conversation. I barely got to talk with Immanuel back in my days...sorry was about to talk about old stories again. So I'll be paying. Are you all familiar with the prancing pony? It's currently my favorite at moment. Don't worry about bringing your wallet. I'll take care of it. There is one only two blocks from here."

The young individual appears quite wise and calm for his apparent age and you can even hear an arrogant tone in his voice. He begins walking literally just expecting you to follow him.

tiny tim
2009-12-03, 09:51 PM
I call after him.

Just let me get my car and I will meet you there!

I then run back to my car with a quick shout ofWe caught the guy. Before getting in my car and driving off around the corner towards the restaurant.

Man, what am I getting myself into here? I shouldn't be here right now! I should be relaxing, not trying to sort out this whole mess.

industrious
2009-12-03, 09:56 PM
"The Prancing Pony? Must be a Tolkien fan owning the place. And a free meal is always good. This is coming from a man who has never left school, you see."

Ayden
2009-12-03, 11:30 PM
Ayden looks slightly suspicious about the rather convenient timing of the strange silver haired guy, though he lowers his gun anyway.Shrugging, he calls "wait up," to the guy with the merc, and then chases after him. He quickly goes and grabs the case with his guitar before heading over to the car. "Hey, can I grab a ride, my name's Noah by the way," he says, slightly out of breath.

tiny tim
2009-12-03, 11:55 PM
Ya, sure. Get in.
I toss a metal travel case into the back seat of the car.
Just toss your guitar in the back there.

RandomAction
2009-12-04, 12:11 AM
Dale stares at the new arrival, his focus shifts back and forth between him and the now knocked out suit. He quickly retracts the baton and replaces it in his vest.
He quietly listens to the silver haired man, carefully remembering his words and the way his hand glowed the same as the other man's had. With the offer of dinner, Dale give him a slight bow and waves for the guy to lead the way.
Dale then quickly walks over to the suited man and checks for a pulse or an sign of life. Taking a quick glance around to see if anyone is looking, he pats the man's pockets searching for any valuables, while thinking to himself.
Sorry about your luck, chum. But if you have anything that you don't what caught on you, I'm your man to help you out. Besides, what are you going to do with it in jail?
As Dale follows the guy, his curiousity gets the better of him and a couple of questions escape his thoughts to hang in the air.
"Sir, forgive my rudeness and please accept my thanks for the offer of dinner, but I must ask you: What was the glow? Who was that guy and why were you hunting him?

Hyperion
2009-12-04, 01:31 AM
The man waits until they get to the restaurant smiling at Dale.

At the restaurant, the man standing a good head above most people looks at Dale for a moment and takes his glass of water. The restaurant is filled with all kinds of people, even weird people if one were to look a bit closer. Some would think of disguises or just not see.

"Magic...This is always the most awkward moment. I was hunting for only one reason, I take care of the bad ones. What I am about to tell you might be too much to handle or you might step up. Look at this man in the corner. "

He pointed at a rather big hairy individual, well that most people would see. Some kind of a brutish human but your eyes weren't following you as you saw what appeared to be a fuzzy ball monster standing on his two feet and welcoming the people in the restaurant.

"This is what we call a shadowkind. Imagine that all the fairy tales about dragons, fairies and monsters were real. At different times in history, we came and just less than a few hundred years ago. The waves of magic awakened us . What you saw earlier, was a mage or if you prefer a sorcerer. This word seems popular among you humans. This might be a lot for you to take in but we have been here for a very long time. The shadowkind are as varied as there are humans out there. Some of us are good others are not so much."

He takes a little pause and drink his glass of water again. Looking at them and thinking that they might think that he is crazy or presenting some kind of a new religion.

"Among the normal population, a few of you are able to see the shadow for what they are. It could be that you had refused to see until now, the circumstances to see the shadowkinds around you is mystery even for me. Some says it's in your genes, some say you have great willpower but the truth of the matter is. I have seen cheerleaders able to see shadows or thugs who were just roaming the streets. There is nothing in common with any of those individuals. Now If I didn't scare you off...suppose that you have tons of questions."

He joined his fingers in front his face and waited to see what would be your reaction. People all around the tavern themed restaurant were taking on the weirdest appearance. Some had very dark skin and pointy ears, the children that you had confused for appeared to be little people more like hobbits in that Lord of the Ring movie.

Ridai
2009-12-04, 03:36 AM
Nate drives to the Prancing Pony, as he heard the stranger say something about that before he just walked away. After sitting in there and listening to the guy, he looks around and remembers the glowing stuff he saw earlier on. He just stays silent for a while and examines the "different looking" people. Then he just asks "So, normal people think those guys here look like normal people? If this all is true, I'll need some time to adjust to D&D being a documentary."

RandomAction
2009-12-04, 03:37 AM
At first, Dale thought the guy was kidding, but after seeing the fuzzy doorman he knew there was no joke. Sitting back in his chair, he called the waitress over and ordered two shots of burbon. When the girl returned, he looked at her closer and saw slightly pointed ears with slanted eyes. Her outfit, a typical serving wench parody, hung off her small and slender body.
Mumbling his thanks, he quickly downed the first shot. With the burn of liquor on his tongue, he says to the strange guest.
Magic...magic.....wow. I..so...but if that were so, then why have you been living in secret? Nevermind, I can only imagine what we humans would be likely to do.
Dale slams down the other shot and asks a passing wench to bring him something exotic, giving her a wink. He gives her a big smile when she returns and sips his drink before continuing the conversation.
"So, who was that guy..uhn..mage? What did he do to cause you to be hunting him?

Hyperion
2009-12-04, 04:51 AM
"Sadly, people do refuse to see what is in plain sight. We call it the shadow, like some kind of a wall protecting reality or maybe should I say the sanity of his inhabitants."

He smiles at the questions and rather enjoy having this conversation.

"
Amusing, well you see, I formed an order of knights who makes sure that all shadowkinds live in harmony with the ordinaries. The mage had been making some rather horrible murders and sacrifices with promises of more power. I have been seeing more and more of those mages recently. I'm not quite sure who is leading them yet but due to his low power. He was probably just one of the many pawns...where are my manners, nearly forgot. My name is Wynn leader of the knights of the silver dragon at your service. So will you satisfy my curiosity and tell me your names and professions?"

Ayden
2009-12-04, 06:22 AM
Once they arrive at the tavern, Noah looks around at the assortment of odd people rather curiously, his eyes going big. And I thought the people I was friends with were strange... Keeping silent, and trying his hardest to be invisible, Noah orders a meal and some apple juice.

Looking around the room, he notices a small stage sitting in the corner of the room with a microphone and a bunch of cords and speakers sitting nearby. In response to the silver haired man's question, he smiles brightly. "My name's Noah, as for what I do... Watch and learn." The next time one of the servers goes by, he stops her and asks in a polite voice, "Excuse me, would it be okay if I sang a song for everyone?"

Ridai
2009-12-04, 06:34 AM
"Uh, yeah, I'm Nate, just a regular courier. Sad to hear crazed cults or blood magic exist, too, but I guess that is par for the course for humanity. Or, uh, people, I guess, if bunching together shadowkind with, how do you call them, ordinaries with the word humanity is offensive to you people or plain wrong or something." You can pretty much hear the gears in Nate's head turning as his mind adjusts to what he sees and is told and he quietly, and a bit embarassed, mutters "Almost said muggles." Oddly enough, there isn't any disbelief in his voice while he talks, he sounds more like he isn't used to a situation like this.

"So, uh, the knights of the silver dragon, your mission sounds pretty awesome to me. That there are people who do something against guys like that mage. Probably a bit of an... unthankful job like with policemen, I think."

Hyperion
2009-12-04, 10:13 AM
The woman smiling back at Noah.
"Of course, this what the stage is here for."

Wynn chuckled at the comment of Nate.
"Glad to see that you are taking it so well. I actually find a lot of satisfaction in helping people. Plus it's not like anybody can give me anything that I need."

He anticipates to hear more about the others.

Ridai
2009-12-04, 10:40 AM
Nate can't shake the feeling that Wynn has more of an agenda than getting to know them and explaining shadowkind to them. When Noah gets on stage, he shrugs and calls out "No Freebird!", followed by him raising his thumb up in the air approvingly and adding "Thanks!"

industrious
2009-12-04, 11:28 AM
Rapidly blinking, the professor looks feverish with excitement...and shock. "Fascinating. So how many of our myths are fact, or close enough? This could severely weaken existentialism, even the foundations of logic. If magic is real, and enough of the myths are real, then causality is nothing, rationalism is destroyed and I think I might be passing out for a minute." The old man's prediction is correct, and the man is slumped over the table. It isn't every day that a great deal of your life's study is called into question.

Hyperion
2009-12-04, 02:41 PM
Wynn smiled at the mature man.
"I don't know all the details but imagine that most stuffs you read in Greek Mythology and the likes is pretty much real. Provided some details are different or wrong.Occasionally our two worlds connect with each others and some of us come through. So it happened during various periods of history. In between those periods, I was mostly asleep. No one can predict when the wall of shadow thin."

Ridai
2009-12-04, 03:42 PM
"Now that the initial shock should be gone, is there anything we should be careful of now that we can recognize shadowkind, magic and the like? And, I dunno, carrying on like nothing happened seems... awkward, to be honest." Nate scratches his head at the thought of this being just some random moment in life and that things will just continue like before, with the addition of fantasy beings and magic. Knowing something most people won't and can't believe seems not so hard at first, but he can only guess what that will do in the long run.

Hyperion
2009-12-04, 05:02 PM
"You could potentially do that, many people sees and decides to do nothing about it so they wouldn't be called crazy by other people or I propose you to help me get rid of the all the miscreants. As you all seem to be able to take care of problems. Suppose like usual, you would be asking what's in it for you?
I have accumulated a good amount of wealth and can provide you with nearly anything you need. I am always looking for young blood, as I much as I want to help everybody. I'm far from being omniscient. "

Wynn looks at them and wait for their responses.

Ayden
2009-12-04, 06:29 PM
Noah smiles brightly when he is given permission to use the stage, and grabs the metal box he's been carrying around with him before jumping up onto the raised platform. He opens up the box and pulls out an amp and lead which he quickly plugs in, before taking out the guitar from the box. Noah's guitar is solid black, with a giant smiley face reminiscent of the movie 'The Watchmen' adorning the front. He spends a few moments getting the guitar in tune, ignoring the looks from the other patrons for now.

He then grabs the microphone from its stand, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen," he says, in a loud showman's voice, "I'm Noah Rivers and I'll be your entertainment for tonight," he continues with a big smile. Taking a step back, he starts to play a tune on his guitar and after a couple of moments starts to sing.

All the, small things
True care, truth brings
I'll take, one lift
Your ride, best trip

Always, I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting
Commiserating

Say it ain't so
I will not go
Turn the lights off
Carry me home

Na, na, na

Late night, come home
Work sucks, I know
She left me roses by the stairs
Surprises let me know she cares

Say it ain't so
I will not go
Turn the lights off
Carry me home

Na, na, na

Say it ain't so
I will not go
Turn the lights off
Carry me home

Keep your head still
I'll be your thrill
The night will go on
My little windmill

Say it ain't so
I will not go
Turn the lights off
Carry me home

Keep your head still
I'll be your thrill
The night will go on
My little windmill

OOC: ^ All the small things by Blink 182. I love that song....

Guitar perform check: 1d20+7
Sing perform check: [roll0]

Ayden
2009-12-04, 06:33 PM
Guitar perform check... [roll0]

industrious
2009-12-04, 07:17 PM
"This is 'modern' music, isn't it? There simply is no accounting for taste." The professor, who had recovered from his little episode, was shaking his head. "A good performance, but give me a full orchestra anyday."

I like that song as well. My character, on the other hand, doesn't listen to anything made after 1975.

tiny tim
2009-12-04, 08:26 PM
I sit down next to the old man and listen to the old man's story.

I, in case you didn't know, am Jack Reinhart. Son of George Reinhart. You know, the CEO of Reinhart inc. And I don't have anything else going on for a few.... months. So I think I will stick around and help you with this. If I have a gift, I want to use it to help people. Tell me something though. Do dragons still exist?

While my pouter facade appears calm and collected, honed by dozens of business dealings gone bad, internally my mind was in a frenzy.

Do I really want to do this? All of this, elves, hobbits, mages, dragons? Do I want to be involved in this? What if I get hurt? ARGH! I guess I made my decision when I chased that guy. And what is with this music?

My character is not a fan of most modern music nor am I.:smallcool:

Hyperion
2009-12-04, 10:04 PM
"Ah modern music...interesting how humans always reinvent themselves. Dragons? Yes they do as a matter of fact you are standing in front of one. I don't know many dragons tho and I can seriously say that I have only met 2 dragons since I came here. Well Noah come join us!"

The man with silver hair does look like a human, as far as you can tell and beside being much taller than the average man. Nothing would let anybody assume that he was a dragon.

"Wonderful news that you are joining the cause. Well, unless any of you mind...take a look at this.

Wynn pulls out the local newspaper and put it on the table and go to local news.

"See this article? there has been cases of joyrides or cruising, the local news say it's a bunch of teenagers looking for a cheap thrill. Essentially it does look that way except the stolen cars are found crashed against walls or even guy found his car crashed into the nearest lake. There is no specific types of cars going from luxury cars to 4x4. It might be nothing but this is worth checking out. The stolen cars are around the neighborhood of central park. Of course tonight, you wouldn't have time to check it out but maybe you could arrange a time to meet tomorrow."

RandomAction
2009-12-04, 10:32 PM
Dale waits for the others to finish thier own personal descriptions. He watches the 'knight' for any sign of reaction to the tales. Still sipping on his drink, Dale ignores the slow rumble of his belly and tells a shortened version of his story.

"The name is Dale. Dale Rollins. I am, what you could say, a collector. Yes, a collector, I specialize in most locks and I am pretty good at making useful things from junk. Now I have been called a rogue, but I am not. I like to think of myself as a scavenger."

Dale looks at the group of people, trying to gauge how they reacted to his self description. When Noah walks up on the stage and begins playing, Dale lets out a small groan of disgust.

I listen to all kinds of music, but I do like that song.

tiny tim
2009-12-04, 11:33 PM
Tomorrow? Well, you see, I checked out of my hotel room this morning and I don't really want to go and check back in. Does anyone have a place I could stay? Oh, and Wynn, you may need my cell number.
I take out a piece of paper and scribble some numbers down on it, then slide it across the table to him. I then switch my view to the professor.
You think he's gonna be alright?

industrious
2009-12-04, 11:46 PM
"I'm alright. Just not quite as young as I used to be. I'd offer my place, but the university would frown on me having a younger male at my lodgings." The professor is looking better. He's got color back in his face, for one.

Ayden
2009-12-05, 01:26 AM
Noah frowns at the silver haired man. "Okay.. So what if I don't want to be a part of your little group? You haven't even told us your name yet," he says, sounding a little bit aggressive. "And say we do join, whats in it for us? The chance to go and put ourselves in life threatening situations? Sure, you say you'll give us money, but seriously? I'm a rock star. not a soldier." He corsses his arms exageratedly and frowns.

"Though I have to say... It does sound kinda cool... Being the hero, chasing after the bad guys. A bit impractical though."

Ridai
2009-12-05, 03:20 AM
Nate rolls his eyes as he hears the song. It's not bad, but there tons of way, way better songs out there to make a better first impression.

"He did say his name, actually. You even told him your's afterwards.", Nate tells an agitated Noah.

"You know Wynn, I wouldn't mind doing something meaningful once in a while, but I kinda doubt I would be that much of a help. I know how to get from Point A to Point B fast, I fix stuff once in a while, but that's about it. I'm one of those few Americans who neither have a gun nor want to know how to use one and with psychos like the one from before out there..."

@RandomAction:Noah went on stage, not Nate.

Hyperion
2009-12-05, 09:20 AM
He smiles at the apparent short time memory loss of Noah and turns toward Nate about his apparent concern of usefulness.
"Well you see, fighting it's not what it's all about. Which I why we hire all kind of people. Driving well for example could come in handy in catching the car thieves plus I don't expect any of you to use weapons and killing all the contrary quite the contrary. Sometimes it just take a few words to reason with people. As for your lodgings situation, just go to this hotel(Pandora Box) and mention that Wynn sent you. It should get you a good room until you find your place. "

RandomAction
2009-12-05, 02:37 PM
Well, I for one am interested. Beats the hell out of fighting gangers down at the shelter. What would be a good time to meet up with all who are going? I am going to the hotel, I could use a bath and some rest."
Dale stands from the table, still holding his drink, he drains the glass and sets it on the table.
"Wynn. It has been very interesting meeting you. Though if we ever have time, I would like to discuss this 'magic' more completely. But for now, good evening everyone and I will be at the park at noon tomorrow.
Dale turns to leave and as he walks out, he pauses at the door to stare at the door-guard. Seeing through the illusion again, he smiles and leaves. Stepping into the night air, Dale looks up and down the street. His gaze returns to those people who are entering and leaving the Prancing Pony. Few, not many, were actually human and the others he couldn't begin to understand what they were.
A smile crosses his face as he taps a man on the shoulder. Dale watches as the man turns arround and he looks at his face. Green skin and yellow teeth part in what begins as a question. Holding his finger to his mouth, Dale leans closer and whispers to the man.
'In there be goblins."
Dales laughter is heard as he walks away and to the hotel. When he gets there, he mentions Wynn's name to the clerk and asks for a room. Dale takes the key and goes to his room. There he orders a light meal, from room service, and cleans himself up. He watches TV late into the early morning until he falls asleep sometime before dawn.

Ridai: Sorry about that, I was in a hurry when I posted.

Ridai
2009-12-05, 06:13 PM
"...Alright. You might wanna tell us how we can contact you." Nate writes down his cell phone number and gives it to Wynn. Pretty much everyone who makes the effort to find out things like this will succeed nowadays, so no reason to delay. "I'll see you guys tomorrow 'round noon."

Nate leaves the "tavern" and drives home, where he immediately goes to bed when his tiredness comes back full force. He doesn't have to work tomorrow, so he can look around at the place mentioned in the article some time before the others arrive.

Ayden
2009-12-05, 06:50 PM
"So, the park at 12 tomorrow... Alright, I'll be there." Noah replies, smiling happily. He goes and packs his guitar away before heading for the door. He calls a taxi and gets a ride to the hotel that Wynn had told them about, and gets a room and food, before heading up and going to sleep.

tiny tim
2009-12-05, 10:30 PM
I silently wait for the rest of the group to finish their exits.

industrious
2009-12-08, 07:23 PM
"Well, know, this has certainly been an...interesting night." Rising to his feet, the professor pauses for a moment. Switching to Aramaic, he quietly asks Wynn <Was this period also such a time?>