PDA

View Full Version : To Be the Very Best, Team Two

industrious
2009-11-30, 06:17 PM
They came from near and far, from down the block and from far away. They came from islands and the main land. They came by boat and by foot and car, by bike and horse and airplane. But they had all come to Professor Oak's laboratory for a single reason: the Trainer's Anniversary.

Twenty years. Twenty years to the day since the legendary Ash Ketchum had begun his journey, arriving late that summer's day, and receiving his first pokemon. And on that day, every year, crowds gathered in Pallet Town, up and coming trainers making a pilgrimage to the birthplace and stomping grounds of their idol.

The door to the laboratory is closed, and locked. The balcony above is empty; the professor will not come out until noon, but noon is only an hour away. The crowd stirs with impatience.

And you came as well. Perhaps early this morning or late last night, perhaps just now elbowing your way through the crowd in a vain hope to catch the first glimpse of the universally revered man. But you are here, all the same.

appending_doom
2009-11-30, 06:36 PM
A young human man has been sitting beneath the balcony since dawn, a large, long-toothed dog with odd green patches of fur sitting with him, rising often to pace around the boy.

The boy wears a wide-brimmed hat to shield his pale skin from the sun; underneath it, his skin is covered with freckles, and uneven strands of red hair poke out from underneath the cap.

The dog next to him is probably close to twice his weight, but the boy carries more than the dog, dressed in light armor and bearing several weapons that likely helped keep him fed on the way here. He looks tired, but enthusiastic, bending to chatter eagerly with the dog at regular intervals.

He also looks something like a hick -- his clothing is the tough, unattractive colors of adventuring outfits, but worn and well-cared for, as if he is used to wearing it.

His gaze is pinned to the balcony, blue eyes bright with anticipation.

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-01, 01:04 PM
Mike walked down the cobble road, hearing and smelling the crowded masses long before he saw them. Of all the times for his Patron to bring him here, there must be something of significance besides Ash's ceremony. Not that the ceremony was a bad thing; he himself had come here 12 years ago to be a part of it, and deep down there was still the little childish twinkle of hoping to join him as a Pokemon Master.

But now he had more important things to do. The dreams leading him here, he assumed meant that one of the Gatekeeper Pokemon was here, but with a thousand Trainers visiting it would be impossible to figure out which one. However, he would persevere. The intellectual opportunities Mewtwo offered were too good to pass up.

The man joins the crowd. He wears well worn black clothing, most of it embroidered with red circles with various symbols within them. He wears thick black boots, and a toughened leather gauntlet on his right hand. He has a crossbow beneath his cloak as well as a box of bolts.

Milskidasith
2009-12-02, 01:40 AM
Grey looked around at the crowd. There were too many people here. It just wasn't normal for him. He was fine with a few people, sure, but this many people in one place made him uneasy. He drew back, hanging at the edge of the crowd. He was interested in the ceremony, of course, but he would rather skip it and set off now. However, that was not possible, even if he already had a pokemon to travel with.

Grey was not a noticeable figure in the crowd; he was dressed plainly and dully. He had a chain shirt on, and a hammer on his belt, but they were covered up by an old, grey cloak. His eyes were a very dull blue, not stupid looking, but uninterested. He was tall for a halfling, standing slightly over four feet tall, but there were people of varied enough heights that wasn't noticeable. He had a few pokeballs on his belt, and a backpack filled with more supplies than were probably necessary, but otherwise his possessions were unremarkable.

Grey gazes up at the balcony. Hopefully, the ceremony would start soon; he was getting impatient.

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-02, 12:57 PM
Scanning his eyes across the assortment of Pokemon the Trainers had brought with them Mike noticed two things.

First, there were a ridiculous number of badgers around.

Second, there was othin that caught his mystical eye, until he happened to glance right under the balcony of the Pokemon Lab. A scruffy looking boy sitting with a Pokemon he'd never seen before, sort of a fanged green dog. It was unusual, and held his attention for a moment, which wasn't enough to call it a Gatekeeper and claim it, but considering the luck he'd had until then was enough for him.

Forcing his way through the crowd he reached his target.

"How long you been here to get this seat? I had to step on an Elemental to get here."

He looked down at his charred boot, and could still hear the angry yells of the woman who now had to leave to visit the Pokemon Centre.

appending_doom
2009-12-02, 02:26 PM
The boy glances up at the man, and starts a little before grinning. "Oh, I've been here since...before dawn, at any rate, right, Coolidge?" The dog, on whose head he'd placed his hand, doesn't reply, which doesn't faze the boy, as he keeps talking. "I was heading this direction anyway, and when I heard it was the anniversary -- well, it seemed really auspicious, you know? Here I am, straight out of the gate -- sort of -- and everyone's getting together to celebrate the best trainer there ever was. So we went double-time, didn't we, Coolidge?"

This, at least, elicits a disinterested snuffle from the dog, and the boy flushes. "Well, I did, at least. It's not like I'd make Coolidge go on a forced march like some pack animal, right? So, yeah. We got in a couple of days ago, spent some time touring -- I saw the Trainer's old house -- and now here we are. Do you know what they're going to do? I've had to pick up what people were saying about it, but I've never been, you know, in town for it."

The questions seems to have brought an end to the boys rambling discourse, as he's looking expectantly at his new companion.

industrious
2009-12-02, 02:55 PM
But the response will have to wait. The clock above the doorway has struck noon, and the door has begun to open. And stepping out onto the balcony is none other than Professor Oak himself. The man has aged since the days of the Trainer; once-brown hair is now entirely white, and the man has a cane in his left hand. But the man's gaze is still piercing, and there is the surety of purpose and a life well lived in his step; the man is praised the world over for a reason.'

As he reaches the edge of the balcony, he stands before the crowd, now shouting in what seems to be millions of voices, chanting "Oak, Oak, Oak." Holding his hands out for silence, his request is instantly granted. Lowering them once more, and gripping the railing for support. The man begins to speak.

"Welcome. And for those of you who have been here before, welcome back. Today marks twenty years since I first gave the Trainer his first pokemon; twenty years since his humble beginnings. But today is more than that. Today marks the first time for many more of you, to go out into the world, and begin your own journeys across Kanto. To duel and prove your worth to the trainers. To head past Victory Road, and to face the Elite Nine and prove your mastery of pokemon lore. I myself recall doing the same, over fifty years ago. Today marks the beginning of your journeys; may they turn out as auspicious as the Trainer's. Let me remind you, that the road ahead is a long and dangerous one; wild pokemon are a temptation to catch, but they are not harmless. Team Rocket has been gone and vanquished since the days of the Trainer, but not every trainer is honorable, or trustworthy. As you head off into the wider world, I must warn you to be cautious. But remember that you are among friends, and your pokemon are your allies and companions through hard times. Now go, my friends. Go, and catch them all."

Leaning on his cane, the professor walks back to his house, amidst thundering applause. And as you cheer him or stare impassively, something lands on your shoulder. It's a small bird, gold and blue feathers fluttering. It holds out a leg, and you notice a scroll attached. Once you take it off, the bird takes flight once more. Unraveling the scroll, you see a brief message from the Professor himself. "See me in my house at 12:30-Oak."

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-02, 03:04 PM
Word for word Mike thought, remembering his previous visit. But as the crowds cheered, the pair of birds that approached both him and the boy brought him back.

Reading the note Mike looked down, the boy's face seems to confirm that he has the same message. Curious, perhaps his lingering glance was telling him something after all. "So what's your name then? And where did you come by that Mon?"

appending_doom
2009-12-02, 03:09 PM
"Oh!" The boy flushes again, before sticking out his right hand, realizing it now held the crumpled note, stuffing the paper in his pocket, and holding it out again. "Rubin. And he's from the elf-hound packs near the Safari Zone -- I had to follow him for ages, and lure him with treats, and all that. But it seemed like a better idea than trying to catch a land shark, right? And who're you?"

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-02, 03:14 PM
"I'm Mike, Pokemon history researcher. Though technically on professional hiatus for practical research purposes. So, you get the same note as me? 12.30 and all that."

Milskidasith
2009-12-02, 09:43 PM
So, we're all meeting the professor at 12:30, huh? Interesting. I see you have a pokemon already, Grey looks at the green doglike thing, but do you, Mike?

appending_doom
2009-12-02, 10:14 PM
"A historian?" Rubin asks excitedly of Mike. "I guess that means you know a lot about The Trainer, and things like Team Rocket, and stuff like that. What're you doing here? Me, I sort of got here accidentally, you know, but I bet you're here to research some really important stuff with the professor. And you--"

He spins to face Grey. "What do you think the professor wants with you? You think he wants to give us Pokemon? I've always wanted a Shocker Lizard, but they're not native to the Safari Zone. Or maybe we're going to go on some fantastic mission into the depths of the wildest parts of Kanto."

His eyes aren't literally shining, but he looks almost disturbingly enthusiastic. This kid can't be real.

Milskidasith
2009-12-02, 10:46 PM
I don't have a clue. I just came here because I figured I had to; I was going to leave ASAP, head through the forest where the other trainers wouldn't be, and try to find a cave or something with a few more pokemon I liked before heading off to battle. Still, it seems that plans been shot down by the good professor.

Grey speaks in an almost monotone, not really disappointed. He seems laid back, just willing to go with the flow, although he's sounds a tad bit uneasy at chatting with people.

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-03, 05:59 AM
"While modern history was a compulsory element to my education and continuing study, my personal area of expertise is in the further past, and Pokemon mythology. And yes, I am on a personal Pokemon research project, though my patron is a bit unpredictable, so ending up here was also largely coincidence. As for what the good Professor wants with us I couldn't say."

Turning to the new-comer Mike pulled back his right sleeve and let him view the miniaturised Pokeball that was attached to the thick, half-fingered leather glove at the base of his palm.

"Springloaded, very useful if you don't have the time to reach a belted ball. Also mean you don't look like you're going to scratch your ass when you start every battle."

A smirk crosses his face as he eyes the man's belt.

"And I'm sure the Professor has no official authority over you, so there's no reason you couldn't leave as you planned, if aiting half an hour is such a burden."

Milskidasith
2009-12-03, 06:40 PM
No, waiting is fine. I'm used to it. It took lots of waiting and searching to find my pokemon. Granted, I don't have a fancy contraption like you, but I think I'll be well enough off. Still curious what the professor wants, though.

industrious
2009-12-04, 07:50 PM
Eventually, it nears 12:30, and you walk to the professor's front door. A locking mechanism disengages, and the door swings open, without need for anybody to pull it. The laboratory walls are covered in bookcases, and on a nearby table lies a single pokeball, covered in dust. The professor is bent over a microscope, examining what appears to be the crushed remains of a plastic-wrapped candy. He doesn't notice your presence.

appending_doom
2009-12-04, 07:56 PM
Unless the professor is truly engaged in ignoring people, it will quickly become impossible, as Rubin's excitement gets the better of him. "Professor Oak? It's a tremendous pleasure to meet you. I never quite expected -- I came here just to lower the risks of dying in my first year on my own -- so it's a great surprise, and an honor." He steps close to the lone Pokeball, practically vibrating with excitement. "What's this? Does it have some awesome Pokemon in it? What're you up to?"

Coolidge paces around the boy's feet, keeping out from under his feet, presumably through practice. Rubin doesn't seem to notice, as he, against all odds, runs out of words and just stares at the professor. "So, hi. I guess you wanted to see us?"

industrious
2009-12-04, 08:03 PM
The professor jumps at the sound of Rubin's voice.

"Don't touch that! Sorry, but it is vitally important that that pokeball never be opened. The pokemon inside is highly sensitive, and any sort of disturbance could result in disaster!" The old man calms down after his outburst, extending his hand as he does so. "Hello, Rubin. And yes, I did want to see you." After shaking his hand, the professor turns to the other invitees.

"Mike, I read your thesis on pre-Pokeball history. Your theories on the lost continent of Iverrion...or Fearion...or Graymouse...I forget the name, were quite fascinating. And Mr. Grey, delighted to meet your acquaintance at last. I've heard interesting things about you from my friends on Cinnabar Island."

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-05, 06:56 AM
Mike

"Greymouse or Brownhawk, the debate goes on. Though I'm honoured that you wasted your time reading the ramblings of a student."

Mike seems genuinely pleased, despite his current goals, he is still relatively proud of his early writings.

Milskidasith
2009-12-06, 01:46 AM
I am sure you have heard some things about me. Now, I don't mean to be rude, but why did you request our presence?

industrious
2009-12-06, 08:45 PM
"To business, then? Very well." The venerable professor sits down on a nearby chair.

"Every year, the new trainers show up, and every year, I talk to them about being careful, about being cautious. I try to warn them about the wider world. Team Rocket may have been defeated by Ash, but there are others out there who wish to bring chaos to our world. Various groups have even managed to seal away several unique pokemon, leaving our world virtually bereft of their gifts. I was doing a bit of research into the subject a few months ago...but I digress." Shifting in his chair, Oak continues.

"Recently, there have been several problems with wild pokemon. Not their behavior, but their location. Entire species have been driven far from their usual habitats, for some strange reason. I was hoping that you could do a small amount of investigating about it for me. It wouldn't take much time; you'd be doing it on your way through Kanto. I know that Rubin, at least, was hoping to collect all the badges. I would ask you other two to accompany him; there have been strange rumors of late. Safety in numbers, and all that."

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-07, 09:53 AM
Mike

"Strange rumours, unusual Pokemon activity. Sounds useful."

He'll then turn to the younger of his two team-mates.

"So, you want to enter the League do you? Well mate, looks like you've got yourself some company."

appending_doom
2009-12-07, 07:39 PM
"Not that I don't appreciate the idea of company -- I think I'd do a lot better with people to travel with -- but it's not exactly very challenging to just tell you where different animals are living. It's not like I won't," he says, hurriedly, "Cause it's not like it's a lot of work. I just..." He shrugs. "Are you sure you don't want us to do something more...impressive?"

industrious
2009-12-07, 08:55 PM
Oak smiles. "It doesn't seem very impressive, does it? But in fact, this information is quite important. Our ecology does depend, in part, on the knowledge that pokemon habitats are relatively stable. Imagine the amount of harm a single displaced bulette could manage, disrupting crop yields, destroying wildlife; then multiply that damage by the thousands. And this isn't some natural trend, either; it's emerged too quickly. Someone or something is causing this, I don't know what, but I hope that in the course of your observations, you might be able to find out."

Standing up, the professor stretches his limbs. "It's a strange thing, really," he muses. "How the little things become big ones so easily. The Trainer himself became great because he slept in twenty years ago. How many others would have been more, if they had changed some small aspect of their lives, some tiny insignificant factor?"

Milskidasith
2009-12-09, 02:44 PM
Those are wise words, indeed. Well, if that is our mission, then I am fine with it. Does anybody need to prepare, or can we set out now?

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-09, 02:51 PM
Mike

"No particular preparations, though if we're to travel together I'd like to know your skills and limitations, both personally, but also with regard to any Pokemon you might possess."

appending_doom
2009-12-09, 03:07 PM
"Well, I'm really good at being scary, when I need to," Rubin starts out. "But most of the time, I'm better at encouraging my Pokemon. I know all sorts of tricks to make it easier for him to run around, or for him to be more dangerous. I think it'll work on you and your Pokemon, too, with a little practice.

"Coolidge is pretty fast. He's sort of like a cheetah, you know? All 'zoom' when he needs to. He doesn't have any real 'special' powers, but we'll fix that, won't we boy?" This last, unsurprisingly, is directed at the dog. "Of course, he's an elfhound, so he's got that whole resistant to magic thing going on. Doesn't sleep much, either. And I'm no slouch in a fight, either. Sort of. The thing is, I'm not very good at not getting hit -- it's sort of an occupational hazard. Luckily, I've learned to live with it!"

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-11, 01:22 PM
Mike

"So, supernatural enhancement abilities, as well as a dexterous, sleepless hound. Good good. And what about you Grey? What is your area of expertise?"

industrious
2009-12-17, 10:14 PM
As your conversation winds down, you eventually head north, towards Viridian City. The dirt path is flanked on either side by tall, waist-high wild grass; prime area for hiding wild pokemon. The sun is shining in the sky, and it is indeed a beautiful day. But still, you can't help but feel that something is...off.

appending_doom
2009-12-17, 10:51 PM
Rubin, trying to keep an eye on the side of the road for a flash of something interesting to catch, glances at Mike.

"You know, you didn't mention what you can do to help. Not that you have to, but I just thought it'd be cool, if we ran into something big, if I knew what to expect. My first fight with Coolidge, I didn't know what he could do, and we nearly got killed."

The hound, commanded to "heel", whines disdainfully.

"Anyway, what do you do? Are you psychic? I've never met a psychic before, but I've always thought they were pretty cool."

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-18, 05:26 AM
Mike

"Of course, myself I command a variety of powers. I won't go into details, but everyday they change based on what I think I'll need. I'm still getting the hang of the sigils, so it's a bit hit-and-miss."

At the mention of sigils, he motions to the various red circles embroidered into his clothes.

"My pokemon is a Mindshredder, it's tentacles emit a high frequency pulse that runs through your nervous system and temporarily shorts out various parts of your brain, or whatever constitutes a "brain" in more exotic species. Now step apart and keen eye, something's not right."

-------------------------
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Also Take 10 on a Survival check to collect enough food for me and one other by the end of the day (picking up random edible bits etc.)

industrious
2009-12-19, 07:44 PM
Kobold-Bard:

You don't see or hear anything out of the ordinary.

appending_doom
2009-12-20, 07:42 PM
"Not right? What do you mean by that? Do you think we're being followed? Stalked? Coolidge? Do you smell anything?"

He looks expectantly at the dog.

From Scent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#scent):

A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.

The creature detects another creature’s presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action.

Also, kobold, just fyi, what are you bound to right now?

industrious
2009-12-21, 06:29 PM
Coolidge doesn't smell anything, either.

appending_doom
2009-12-21, 07:01 PM
Receiving a negative whine from Coolidge, Rubin shrugged and turned back to his human companion. "Sigils? What do they do? Are you some kind of wizard?"

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-22, 05:53 AM
Mike

"Ah well, better to keep your guard up anyway, never know when some thug will take a liking to Coolidge there and try to snag him. And no I'm not a Wizard. My powers come from an outside source, more similar to a Cleric, though most of them are inexhaustable, as a Warlock. I use the sigils to commune with my patrons, and they grant me the powers I need."

Mike looks behind himself. "You're pretty quiet Gray."

appending_doom
2009-12-23, 04:24 PM
"So what sort of patrons do you have? I told you -- I'm good at getting people and Pokemon to work together -- so let's hear what you can do, hm?"

Rubin seems to have no sense of space or politeness, but it's clear it's out of curiosity rather than deliberate rudeness. He continues walking, occasionally calling Coolidge to heel if the dog ranges too far ahead; it's hard to tell that the dog is under the young man's control, but the easy familiarity he shares with the Pokemon suggests that assuming otherwise would be a mistake.

Milskidasith
2009-12-23, 11:16 PM
I've never really been a fan of people... I just prefer my pokemon, and hanging out by myself. Most people don't really get me.

Gary says this with a light frown, speaking mostly in monotone.

appending_doom
2009-12-24, 09:22 AM
"Well, we're never going to get you if you don't try," Rubin replies. "At the very least, you can tell us what you can contribute, if you're going to be travelling with us. Anyway, I hope we can get along, even if you don't talk much."

He turns around to walk backwards (well, forward, but facing back) and talk to Grey at the same time, earnest and enthusiastic.

Milskidasith
2010-01-01, 01:55 PM
I have a few... unique skills, and my pokemon is very, very tough. I'd rather not go into details, though, because most people don't seem to like them. Not my parents, anyway.

Grey sighs, and continues walking forward.

industrious
2010-01-01, 03:28 PM
All of a sudden, Coolidge begins to whine; the hound has scented...something.

appending_doom
2010-01-01, 05:01 PM
"Which way, Coolidge?" Rubin demands, stepping closer to his companion. He reaches for his belt, where a warhammer is latched on.

As noted earlier, if Coolidge can scent, he can note direction if he can execute a move action. If it's within 5 feet, he knows exactly where it is.

If possible, Rubin draws his warhammer, just in case.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-03, 12:48 PM
Mike

Seeing the boy's reaction to his Pokemon Mike tenses the spring in his glove, readying his Mindshredder's pokeball.

He also focuses on the being in the back of his mind, allowing it to come to the forefront for the first time today. He spoke to it within his mind.

"Just be ready if I need them."

---------------
DM ONLY:
Forgot to mention it, I'm bound to Amon today. Since it's our first day I'm assuming a good pact, and have his horns suppressed.

If you want me to roll the Binding Check I will, but obviously if I fail it a ruddy great pair of ram's horns might effect the way people have been reacting to me thus far.

industrious
2010-01-03, 07:35 PM
The hound points north, slightly to the right of the path. Craning your necks, you can barely hear something in that direction as well.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-03, 07:42 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

industrious
2010-01-05, 09:21 AM
Mike glimpses something that vaguely looks like a giant hornet. He also hears the drone of buzzing wings.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-05, 01:22 PM
Mike

"Crap, I see a very big bee, and I doubt it's friendly. Prepare to defend yourselves."

---------------
Ready Action to use my Flame Breath if the Bee comes within range of me.

appending_doom
2010-01-05, 02:34 PM
"Well, come on, let's get them!" Rubin exclaims, nearly hopping in place from excitement. Something about his energy is oddly infectious; you feel as if you could take on anything.

Rubin shifts into the Leading the Charge stance -- everyone within 60 feet has a +2 (untyped) bonus to damage when they make a charge attack.

Can he charge/enter combat, as well, because that's almost certainly what I want him to do.

Milskidasith
2010-01-05, 06:29 PM
Grey grabs his pokeball from his belt, tossing it out a few feet in front of him. From it comes a rocky, greyish brown skeleton in the shape of a baboon.

A bee. It takes three people and three pokemon to beat the crap out of a bee. That's a little bit odd, isn't it?

industrious
2010-01-06, 06:43 PM
And with those words, they come. Six of them, bees with heads vaguely resembling baboons, screeching in fury. But the most terrifying part is their size-about as large as a small dog.

Please roll initiative.
[roll0]
[roll1]

appending_doom
2010-01-06, 06:47 PM
Rubin Initiative [roll0]
Coolidge Initiative [roll1]

EDIT: Wow...coordinated attacks. I couldn't have asked for a better result.

I guess we could be going before both of the bees.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-06, 06:56 PM
Mike

"Well please, by all means feel free to do it yourself."

With that Mike will release the spring in his glove, the pokeball growing and opening in midair to reveal his Mindshredder (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/83022.jpg).

If the horrid little creature wasn't bad enough as he caught the ball Mike sent a telepathic command to the creature within him. "Now"

And with that a pair of thick ram's horns grew from the sides of his head, curling around as the skin on his head seemed to "thicken".

---------------------
Initiative: [roll0]
Mindshredder Init: [roll1]
Revealing Amon's Sign to gain access to my horns.
In the pic my pokemon is the little one at the front.

Milskidasith
2010-01-07, 03:04 AM
Me: [roll0]
Necrosimian: [roll1]

What's the relevant knowledge roll on these things?

EDIT: Apparently fossils don't move very fast. >_>

Milskidasith
2010-01-14, 12:57 PM
Those bees sure are moving slowly.

industrious
2010-01-17, 07:01 PM
The first bee charges at Grey, pointer aimed for the necromancer's heart.

Charge Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Make a DC 13 Fort Save.

Milskidasith
2010-01-17, 07:24 PM
The bee's stinger deflects harmlessly off of Grey's chain shirt.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-18, 10:27 AM
Mike

Seeing the bee's attack fail Mike fire a crossbow bolt at one of it's fellows.

----------
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

appending_doom
2010-01-20, 01:44 PM
Rubin draws and hurls a folded net at the bee that attacked Grey. "Coolidge, charge!" he shouts, pointing at the closes bee not engaged in combat.

The hound charges in for a vicious bite.

touch attack with net: [roll0]
If hits, target is entangled (-2 attack, -4 Dex, moves at half speed, cannot charge).

Coolidge's charge (with +2 damage from leading the charge)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Rubin
AC 12; touch 10
HP 21/21

Coolidge
AC 15 (charging); touch 11
HP 13/13

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-20, 02:19 PM
Following Mike's bolt Zay'heln the Mindshredder follows up with a tentacle attack at it's master's target.

----------------
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] bludgeoning damage + 1 Wisdom Damage.

Yeaaaaaah...never mind.

Milskidasith
2010-01-21, 02:55 PM
Grey takes a step back, using his time to defend himself while the skeletal ape slowly reacts to the attack on it's master.

(total defense action, mostly due to the fact that I don't have myth-weavers available at the time.)

industrious
2010-02-02, 05:34 PM
The net entangles one of the creatures, and Coolidge delivers a vicious blow to the thing's neck, but in doing so, leaves himself open for a deadly counter-attack. The giant insect devours the hound whole; while one of the others shreds the dog's master.

The tentacle misses, but the crossbow bolt deals the entangled creature a glancing hit.

industrious
2010-02-21, 01:41 PM
Suddenly, a rustle comes from the an area beyond the path. Surging out of the long grass, a series of giant, wolf-like spiders pounce upon the bees, devouring several, and being devoured by several. Grey runs off screaming incoherently.

On the other side of the now-flattened grass, you can make out two other figures.

((now read the OOC thread, and post in Team One's thread from now on.))