PDA

View Full Version : Cos-playing V

AgentCimorene
2009-11-30, 08:12 PM
So in Tucson there is going to be an anime convention in March.

I really want to be a weirdo and cosplay V. The question I'm having is which design. Red before/after character change or cool evil vampire V.

23 yr old girl. Wondering if anyone else had ever and had any tips. Or what people would want to see.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-30, 08:14 PM
Evil V would be so much more awesome!

You might want to wear some loose robes though, to make you a bit more androgynous.

Assassin89
2009-11-30, 08:15 PM
Start with the basics. Have purple hair and try to be as androgynous as possible.

AgentCimorene
2009-11-30, 08:22 PM
I have a really cool gold chain mail thing that can be worn on the forehead or as a necklace. I want to incorporate it but she (I'm in that camp of V fans :smallcool: ) just has a simple golden cord. Should I use my pretty bauble or get some gold ribbon?

Assassin89
2009-11-30, 08:26 PM
I have a really cool gold chain mail thing that can be worn on the forehead or as a necklace. I want to incorporate it but she (I'm in that camp of V fans :smallcool: ) just has a simple golden cord. Should I use my pretty bauble or get some gold ribbon?

Can it go around your head? If so, use the pretty bauble, but make sure Blackwing doesn't steal it. Otherwise use something else.

HotAndCold
2009-11-30, 08:57 PM
If you're using a circlet on your forehead, then you'd have to do V's original design; the black robe doesn't have a circlet, and ponytail!V uses it to hold the ponytail. Of course, if you use a wig, then you could still use ponytail!V, since getting a chain out of a wig's hair is somewhat less miserable than getting it out of real hair. Or just not use it all for black robed V.

That all said, I think the original design would be easiest to do, just because you wouldn't have to deal with the shagginess of the hair for black robed or ponytailed V. (Or black robed V's glowing eyes.)

AgentCimorene
2009-12-01, 12:09 AM
If you're using a circlet on your forehead, then you'd have to do V's original design; the black robe doesn't have a circlet, and ponytail!V uses it to hold the ponytail. Of course, if you use a wig, then you could still use ponytail!V, since getting a chain out of a wig's hair is somewhat less miserable than getting it out of real hair. Or just not use it all for black robed V.

That all said, I think the original design would be easiest to do, just because you wouldn't have to deal with the shagginess of the hair for black robed or ponytailed V. (Or black robed V's glowing eyes.)

I think I will do red robed V just because my husband had a wonderful idea: Graduation robe. I don't mind altering it at all and it's very red! The gold bauble has green jewels on it. I'll dig it out tomorrow and put up some pictures.

The same weekend I want to cosplay Yuki Nagato so it looks like I'll have to buy two purple wigs.

Berserk Monk
2009-12-01, 12:22 AM

Can you post a pick? I've been looking for a headband that's made of metal and I'm lacking ideas. I'd do something with a gem, but I lack the tools to stone set.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-01, 01:03 AM
If you have a male friend who fits the bill, I recommend both of you cosplaying V. And never being near each other. Just to up the confusion.

AgentCimorene
2009-12-01, 01:46 AM
If you have a male friend who fits the bill, I recommend both of you cosplaying V. And never being near each other. Just to up the confusion.

Oh that would be so hard core! I'm posting a request up at the convention's website! I'm trying to get my two friends on board to be Captain Hammer and Dr. Horrible. They look sooo much like them. I've got the friend going on Friday to do lights for the Japanese Fashion show but maybe Saturday they could do that cosplay.

Hardcore
2009-12-01, 07:37 AM
Wonder what it would cost to get colored lenses for that evil appearance:smallsmile:

AgentCimorene
2009-12-15, 01:16 AM
Wonder what it would cost to get colored lenses for that evil appearance:smallsmile:

I tried to teach myself to wear contacts and can't touch my own eye. :smallfrown:

derfenrirwolv
2009-12-15, 02:28 AM
You should put a 2 dimensional raven cutout on your shoulder, so its visible from the sides but not the front.

ella ventic
2009-12-15, 02:41 AM
This thread was right above the Crack Pairings IV and OotS Quiz VIII and so my first thought was, wow, cosplaying the Order must be really popular if they're on their fifth thread about it already... :smallredface:

The Bookworm
2009-12-15, 07:20 AM
Get pictures of both of you, please, and post them up!