PDA

View Full Version : Your circle?

Froogleyboy
2009-11-30, 10:50 PM
Most of us have one, and so I ask, what kind of people do you have in your circle?
I have:
The fantasy dude (Me), The emo kid, The MMORPG obssesed chick, The pothead, and . . . thats about it

Berserk Monk
2009-11-30, 10:54 PM
It's just me and the voices mostly.

Anonanimal
2009-11-30, 11:03 PM
I've always had many circles, and they often differ wildly. Everyone in most of my circles multiclasses. :smallwink: Most people I know have taken at least a dip into stoner, for example.

But yeah. Lots of diversity, but most people in my circle are involved somehow in the arts--lots of musicians, especially singers, and plenty of actors.

I tend to gravitate for some reason between groups of 4 or 5 or a Three Musketeers kind of a thing.

golentan
2009-11-30, 11:10 PM
Well, there's the ??? (me, I'm the cheerful, personable geek when not roofwalking and discussing optimal explosive mixes/rapid kill hit locations with WAY more knowledge than even my military friends feel comfortable with), The Nerd (my best friend), That One Normal Guy (my other best friend), The Introvert (another friend, to 11), the Crazy Russian, The Extrovert, The Manslut, the Militant Lipstick Lesbian, the Lovable Lunatic (we did a test, not board safe, proving that he could take over the world), the Catgirl, and I think that's about it.

mikeejimbo
2009-11-30, 11:14 PM
We have The Programmer Guy, the Other Programmer Guy who worked in customer service for a while and hated it, the EE guy who programs for a living, the Comp Sci Student (me), and then a couple of other guys who don't program for a living, but they could. And then the token girl.

The Extinguisher
2009-11-30, 11:23 PM
My friends are weird. I also have more then one circle of friends. I think there's about three or four.

Blaine.Bush
2009-11-30, 11:26 PM
Well, there's me (the Nerd), the Normal Introverted Guy, the Annoying Guy With Big Lips That Has A Weird Laugh, the Wannabe-Gangsta Mexican, and the Guy Who Looks At Gross Videos On The Internet And Then Tells Us About Them. And sometimes there's this one guy who plays WoW. I don't really know him. We all play video games and have at least some degree of nerdiness.

Hanging out usually consists of the Guy Who Looks At Gross Videos On The Internet And Then Tells Us About Them telling us about gross videos he saw, the Normal Introverted Guy discussing video games, the Wannabe-Gangsta Mexican being silent, the Annoying Guy With Big Lips That Has A Weird Laugh telling lame jokes, and then me talking about video games or LotR or D&D or somesuch. And then the Guy Who Looks At Gross Videos On The Internet And Then Tells Us About Them mocks me, usually by impersonating a D&D player, and then I'm like "No, that wouldn't work, because wizards don't have mana. And Gollum was a hobbit."

Edit: I have pretty cool friends.:smallsmile:

Jack Squat
2009-11-30, 11:27 PM
Mine generally consist of gamer geeks to some degree or another (ranging from casual to can't-live-without-it).

Varying traits - well, there's the art chick, cool dude, angry man, theater nut, bookworm, creeper, the drinker, the trickster, church kid, conspiracist, hiker, and army guy. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head anyways - and none of them are exclusive.

Can't say what people consider me, you'd have to ask them

Partof1
2009-11-30, 11:45 PM
I'm the geek/odd one.
I have genius friend
A tall gamer friend
The crazy/fun/funny guy
Religious girl
Mechanically minded, unintelligent honours student.

SDF
2009-11-30, 11:47 PM
All my friends are alcoholic musicians. Gross misrepresentation, but whatevawhateva

Berserk Monk
2009-11-30, 11:59 PM
{scrubbed}

Em Blackleaf
2009-12-01, 12:00 AM
I have a few circles.

Circle the first (my closest friends, since middle school, who I hang out with all the time):
The Nerdy Band Obsessed Girl, The TALL Nerdy Band Obsessed Girl (I kid you not, she is six feet tall), and The Spastic Chihuahua Friend (she's small and has spontaneous bursts of energy).

Circle the second (I hang out with these people sometimes):
The Wimpy, Geeky Kid Who Wants To Be a Marine Biologist When He Grows Up, The Mildly Popular... Uhm, Soccer Player (I can't think of anything else- she's a cool person though) and like, five jocks (but they're not the stereotypical jocks, of course).

Circle the third (I eat lunch with these guys):
The Smarty-Pants Man, The Gossiper, The Good Girl (drama geek), The Innocent 15 Year-Old Who Looks Like She's Ten (drama geek), and The Tech-Savvy Drama Geek.

Circle the fourth (my awesome friends from math class):
The Pretty Dang Awesome Friend (drama geek), The Ridiculously Silly Person (drama geek), The Breakdancer/Class-Clown, and The Really Smart Surfer.

This makes me smile, now that it's all written out. My friends are pretty fun.

In all of these circles, I'm the laid-back nerdy person. Generally speaking. But, in the math circle, I'm That Cool, WTFCrazy Smart Sophomore (being in a class meant for seniors and juniors).

Catch
2009-12-01, 12:07 AM
Writers. We're all sleep-deprived, smokers and neurotics, technophiles and indie kids, with tattoos and bad childhoods, every color in the crayon box, queer and politicized, bitter but always laughing, lazy but always working, and in love with prose, even if we can't love anything else.

Yes, I go to an arts college. Take your practical degree and get a real job, sellout. :smalltongue:

toasty
2009-12-01, 12:16 AM
So i basically have 3 cirlces:

Youth group: Umm... we're all normal people basically, most of the guys are into sports, so I'm a bit of an exception as I don't really like sports (I will play basketball and soccer/football sometimes though). My sister claims everyone is "too serious" but I think we're pretty cool.

The gaming group: Seriously, I have yet to talk to anyone but Derick and Jacob (who I know outside of this group) about anything BUT DotA or Video games in general. Its a bit annoying, actually.

The Potter's School (TPS): TPS is my "online school" and between Facebook, unofficial and offical forums I have a decent group of friends. Conversation ranges from homework assignments ("What math assignment are we supposed to do this week?"), Serious Debate (of Political and Religious nature), and just general life updates.

In all but the Gaming Group I am by far the geekiest guy. My love of Video Games, RPGs, and "satanic" music also makes for fun debate on the TPS forums. :smalltongue:

SDF
2009-12-01, 12:27 AM
I imagine all their songs sound like something composed by Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin.*

Our songs are all made of magic and awesome.

I could break it down(since I love taxonomy so much) to:

Best Friends: Me and my 3 best friends

Group A: Old gaming friends, now just hang out friends or stoners. (~8 of them)

Group B: Hang out friends, and party friends (~25 of them)

Group C: Former dormmates and various school/dorm friends (~20)

Diabetic Friends: From an organization that I volunteer at (~60 of them I see from time to time during the year)

Housemates: The two girls I live with

Music friends: Local bands and music scene

Old High School Friends

Ect.

Pyrian
2009-12-01, 12:36 AM
My friends are pretty much all crazy. :smallconfused: Differently crazy, sure, but... Crazy nonetheless. It's like we bond over not being like other people, and frequently not much else.

Jae
2009-12-01, 12:38 AM
I used to have a larger circle...not so much anymore :smallsigh:

But the friends I would still consider in our circle..hmm...

One is the reserved but always sweet one who I've never heard say a bad thing to anyone. She listens to me vent and she is honest to god, to the bone pure sweet.

One is kind of the fun, slightly inappropriate one that I teasingly call my soulmate. She's just fun and always joking, not really taking most things too seriously.

One is kind of a gossip..haha I love him but he just loves hearing about people so if I have anything to say, I say it to him because he listens intently. The kind of guy you can just sit back and relax with.

One girl is the one who never gets out but she's so much fun! She just CANT because her parents..but she's the energetic, upbeat dancer who will bring you down to earth if you need it, too.

One girl is the goodygoody. She will never do a bad thing, has always gotten straight A's, uses urban dictionary to figure out the meaning of bad words. But everyone thinks she'll go crazy in college..im not so sure.

The aforementioned girl is dating this boy I dont really like so much anymore. He is like her puppy dog. He is overly protective and constantly lovey and ANNOYING. And he kindasorda betrayed me so I dont even like admitting he's in our circle.

Two of them are pretty much exactly the same..fun and crazy girls, but very christian with very good morals but one admits if she wasnt devoted to her religion, she probably would have such crappy morals because she just loves to have fun. Her counterpart believes mostly all the same things as her, but she's a little more sarcastic and realistic. Not ALWAYS fun and games...but together they definitely are always joking.

There is me... how would they describe me? The slightly awkward one? Not even awkward as in awkward in myself but I'm very unemotional and I dont like hugs or..touching. It's icky. Haha I guess I'm kind of the meaner one in that way =[ But not even in a mean way I'm just not touchy feely! I'm the political, logical, thinking one.

And there is my boyfriend, who is also the political logical thinking one but he's sweet and a little more caring than I am..he can hug. He is the one whose always superduper nice to me in everything he does. =] I'm not as nice back =[ but I try! and i still love him!

thats about it.

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-01, 01:43 AM
My circle of friends consists of: "The me".

I hang out with a lot of people, but none I would really consider a friend.

Lioness
2009-12-01, 02:20 AM
I have quite a large circle, so here goes

me - the random nerdy girl, who likes RPGs and English

My boyfriend - the massive geek-nerd. RPGs, maths, English, science, you name it.

the random guy - he's not particularly into school, but he's funny, nice, and sorta cute

the creepy guy - likes his computer games, and his girls. He's asked out all of us at least once, and as a result none of the girls feel comfortable around him. The boys are fine with him

ballet girl - one of my best friends. Dancer, energetic, usually happy on the outside, but with a few problems inside. She's smart and awesome.

IB-nerd #1 - also one of my best friends. Into video games (mostly playstation. Mostly Final Fantasy). Doing IB. Really smart, rather studious.

Awesome random girl - also one of my best friends. Into horses, birds, and happiness. She's always bubbly

That random guy who just showed up - he just sort of appeared amongst us one day. Apparently he moved from Sydney. Apparently he's going to Melbourne next year. Cool, but confusing.

And numerous other floaters who drift past, say hello, chat for a bit, and then go away again. We are filled with nerds, nerdy conversations, and bad jokes, and that puts some of them off.

Oh, and there's the guy who tries to be in the circle, but really is too creepy and doesn't take hints to go away because he's creeping us out.

Dispozition
2009-12-01, 02:28 AM
I always count as "The Anime/Wapanese Dude" no matter what circle I'm in...I'm also the photographer.

The rest of my circle includes "the movie critic", "the troll", "the innapproriate one" (also one of "the twins), "the narcissist" (the other twin), "the alcoholic"...And I honestly can't be bothered remembering the nicknames for the rest of them, except one..."obama". Yeah.

Lioness
2009-12-01, 02:29 AM
Oh yes, and me and the ballet girl and IB nerd are also known as the crazy Japanese living one, because we randomly discuss the latest awesome thing we learnt and expect everyone to understand what we are saying and agree with it.

TFT
2009-12-01, 02:33 AM
Wow, my circles seem kind of dumb now.

First circle: My nor-cal friends

All of us are gaming nerds, which is how we all stay in touch. There's the video game and movie nerd, the Half jock, half video game nerd, the guy who says wierd but awesome things video game nerd, the quiet video game nerd, the very intelligent video game nerd, and me(I'm not even going to try to classify myself)

Then there's the second circle that isn't really as much a circle as a connect the dots. These are my friends/kind of friends at school.

Me, my chick magnet, stoner, guitar playing, edging towards nerd friend, my army and video game nerd friend, my sarcastic, sport-knowledgable friend, my quiet but somehow popular and seemingly has a secret double life friend(I'm guessing its video games. For some reason*), and the chick who's in all my classes, bugs me towards no end, but smart and nice kinda half friend thing.(yes, I don't know. Just roll with it.)

I also sit with a lot of asians during lunch. I don't really know much about them, but they sit with the people I normally sit with so we talk.

*It would fit the pattern of almost all my friends being into video games in some way, shape, or form.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-12-01, 02:37 AM
Female geeks, a biker girl and a skater dude.

And me. But we all agree that I defy all stereotypes.

Also occasionaly hang out with: More female geeks, serious dude, anime afro dude.

Yeah, that's pretty much the people I hang out with daily.

Haven
2009-12-01, 03:14 AM
I don't really have one where I am right now, so it's always weird going back somewhere that I do have one.

In a good way, of course.

xPANCAKEx
2009-12-01, 03:16 AM
various musicians, DJs, binge drinkers, students, teachers, addicts and club goers... and all their drama and baggae they bring with them. I have other groups that i spend time with... but they're not my main circle, not by a long shot (and usually activity related - climbers, gamers etc)

i also have my collective known as team scumbag. Our approach to dating and consideration for the feelings of the opposite gender is sometimes less than admirable (and its not limited to male membership. theres a few man eaters lurking)... good company for nights out

EndlessWrath
2009-12-01, 03:31 AM
I'm displaced without any real circles... I have friends in every circle imaginable and they're all intertwined.. so I guess its a big circle with mini circles.

For ease I'll put down the big circle of :

Goth, preppy, skater, emo, tomboyish, adorably cute, and/or good hearted girls + gamer/dnd guys (and a few girls.. just like a .. 5:1 ratio). Druggies, potheads, partygoers, drama starters, theater kids, musicians, a militant feminist or two and some gosh darned adorable kids. mostly family. :smallcool: We got plenty I didn't name off but if I did I would be up all night. Myself? the nice guy who just enjoys being with friends. Sometimes a little too nice though :smallsigh:

-Wrath

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-01, 05:49 AM
Lets see... a GOAT(Gamer of all trades)(me), Fantasy lovers, MTG players, PC gamers, XBOX gamers, Readers, anime/manga lovers, And a few musicians. With about 10 guys and 2-3 girls in my group, any conversation about any gaming gets interesting, or killed. Another thing I've noticed: While most of the guys in my group have long hair, the girls have cut theirs short. Hmm.

SilverSheriff
2009-12-01, 06:28 AM
The Insane, devilishly handsome, half-Irish, Quarter Welsh, Quarter Maltese Black Pants Guy (me)
The insane Scottish Social Scientist
The insane Welsh Computer expert
The Guy who idolizes and bases all of his characters off of Raistlin Majere and sits like L from Death-note despite never having seen death-note.
The somewhat boring guy who names his characters 'Bram Stonar'.
The Half German, Half Jewish guy who introduced us all to alcohol and has a smoking' hot girlfriend who everyone enjoys pervin' at.
The social scientist's younger brother who loves lizards.
The social scientist's older, suaver brother.
The South African, second coolest dude in the group after me.:smalltongue:
The South African's Girlfriend who went to GenConOz with us.:smallbiggrin:
The Half-Irish chick aspiring to be an Astro-Dynamic Engineer.
The 'Hippie' dude('nuff said).

We are very colourful when we meet up.:smalltongue:

AshDesert
2009-12-01, 06:33 PM
Hmm... well, in my main circle there's:

1. Me, the nice guy nerd, who's apparently very charismatic (as in I've known half of these people for 3 weeks and they already count me as a very close friend), and loves and plays music from 40-50 years ago.
2. The stoner nerd who is absolutely obsessed with MtG and 70's hard rock. Also a band nerd.
3. Theater geek guy, an awesome fantasy and sci-fi writer, introverted. Gets extremely annoyed by very hyped up video games, except when they're made by Square Enix (although to be fair, Square delivers on the hype more often than most).
4. Half-nerd, half-military guy who inexplicably hates all video games that the military types 'normally' like (i.e. he has a burning passion for all things CoD, Halo, and Madden). He has a subscription to Game Informer and carries around his current issue every day.
5. Tall geeky guy that everyone but us seem to hate to no reason whatsoever. He's pretty funny, and all he ever talks about is Mabinogi.
6. Introverted nerd girl, another great writer. Obsessed with everything Square Enix.
7. "The Ginger," he's a tall red-headed video game nerd. I'm slowly trying to turn him into a full-blown PnP nerd too. He's always talking about random demotivational posters or Lolcats he sees on the internet, or the latest special on Comedy Central.

Then there are people that really annoy me but keep acting like I'm their friend.

1. Short nerdy kid, who takes all the attention he can get, negative attention included. He's purposely annoying to everyone, and he's mean to everyone that tries to talk to him. We call him "the Gerbil" because he always trails off into gibberish near the end of his sentences.
2. Slightly taller nerdy kid who actually has another group of friends who like him, but he always hangs out with us anyway. He's obsessed with MW2. He always tries to hijack conversations and turn them towards something that he wants to talk about.
3. Tennis jock that always plays mindgames to annoy people as much as possible. He and his group of friends are the flavor-of-the-month types and always have a bunch of high school drama.

Then there are some acquaintances that I'll talk to in class, but we don't really hang out outside of school.

Linkavitch
2009-12-01, 08:13 PM
I'm the sound guy (knowing alot about sounds boards and the like)/maestro(I play guitar and piano)/Nintendo Geek (I have both a Wii and a DS)

My best friend is the guitar afficianado (spellage).
I have a pc gamer friend, a console gamer friend, a bassist, a drummer, alot more guitarists... I know alot of musicians.

zeratul
2009-12-01, 08:36 PM
My main group is

-The huge strong giant-like D&D dungeonmaster metalhead
-the super nice keyboardist pothead
-the sex drugs and metal guitarist
- the smart computer dude/sporadically violent/pothead
and me - the gothy metalhead music obsessed guitarist / nerd

occasional add ons being

- the keyboardists crazy pothead ex girlfriend
- the chill computer guy /bassist

and some other people

Moff Chumley
2009-12-01, 08:47 PM
Okay... Let's start this off with my old middle school circle. We're still quite close, after a few years.
1) Me, the irrationally angry music nerd and professional jew.
2) The freaking scary kiwi hacker/con artist/career criminal/boy scout. :smalleek:
3) The rich, but surprisingly well adjusted metalhead/gun geek/churchboy.
4) The illogical Jew. Immune to all forms of mind altering substances, combination New Jersey, Boston, and French accents, (:smalleek:) and freakishly smart.

My group at school (well, it's made up of some combination of the below):
5) My guitarist. Great poet, indie kid, and just generally really nice guy.
6) The weird photography chick. No one is willing to accept that she's straight, and does more shrooms than something that does lots of shrooms. (I suck at simile.)
7) The foul-smelling gamer nerd. Also a metalhead.
8) The 250 pound, scarily violent, easily amused, mixed race Mormon named Anchor.
9) The tiny, hyperactive Philippine kid. Has, and this is verified, a two second attention span.
10) The rest of my band.

And my group at another school:
11) Chantard, but surprisingly nice guy.
12) Chantard's long time ex-girlfriend, azn with serious emotional problems.
13) Her best friend, a (female) metalhead/Ronny James Dio fanboy.
14) The fat bastard who no one likes. Think Eric Cartman, except a passable gamer.
15) Kiwi, the tiny X-Box chick who kicks your ass at TF2.
16) A couple more assorted gamers, metalheads, and music geeks.

Perenelle
2009-12-01, 09:30 PM
well last year was probably the best representation of my "group", since now we're all split apart at different schools I'll just list the people as if our two schools were smashed together :smalltongue:

Me: Nerdy band geek girl. plays flute, adores science, and not afraid to share my opinions and views on things. Loves the History/discovery channel. hates math though I'm good at it. shy most of the time, but when debating/class discussions, I definitely talk the most. known as "the smart one" by others. :smallsigh:

Girl 1: My best friend. Tall, brown haired and quiet in school. most people think she's shy. Outside of school she's the craziest and most hyper person I've ever met. has an obsession over heath ledger, musicals, and purple. She's also a flute player, but though she's talented at many things she often holds them back and has some self confidences issues. Trustworthy, honest, and good at her academics despite her often "blond" moments.

Girl 2: Average height artistic girl. Plays percussion. Very, very artistic. I never see her without her sketch book. Not very feminine, but more of a tom boy. has Short pixie hair cut and dresses in interesting, brightly colored outfits with tie-dye scarves. another one of my close friends. Used to be called "Wolverien". She's not afraid to go beat up random guys, and has been known to offer to. :smallamused:

Guy 1: Short, stocky trombone player. Geeky, carries around a calculator that has random things programmed into it. Also carries around a smiley face stress ball that has been named Bertram. Can be annoying and he has found his way in and out of our group. Does not get along well with Guy 3.

Guy 2: Tall Trumpet player. Not really nerdy, but good at academics. Plays tennis, is a boy scout, and pretty much an average kid. He's a good friend of mine. can be hyper-ish at times.

Guy 3: Short/average height oboe player. Probably my best male-friend. He knows more about computers than most people I've met. He was the person to introduce me to GiantitP. Caring, honest, and overall a great and unique person. Also a boyscout. He's one of the smartest people i've met. Great person to talk to, great guy. Words cannot describe his awesomeness, despite what others think. (i'm going to laugh if he reads this) :smalltongue:

Guy 4: Tall, "large" percussionist. Loud, outgoing, and pretty much friends with everyone. I've never seen him angry for more than two minutes, and has been known to run up and tackle hug you.

Guy 5: Tall, skinny, soccer player. athletic, bit of a geek, smart, funny, and has good taste in music. He was on the outer fringe of the "group" though still a good friend of ours.

Most people in my "group" are in band, and that is how I met most of them.
well, thats pretty much sums it up. :smallsmile: