PDA

View Full Version : Is there a feat?

Window459
2009-11-30, 10:53 PM
Is there a 3.5 feat that allows me to get an ac bonus while wielding a two handed weapon? If so, source book please!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Berserk Monk
2009-11-30, 10:57 PM
Yes. It's called dodge and the best part is that the bonus applies to whatever you're wielding.:smallbiggrin:

I do remember seeing one feat but it was for wielding one weapon in each hand and getting a bonus to ac.

Window459
2009-11-30, 10:59 PM
Yes. It's called dodge and the best part is that the bonus applies to whatever you're wielding.:smallbiggrin:

I do remember seeing one feat but it was for wielding one weapon in each hand and getting a bonus to ac.

was looking for something that let it apply no matter but dodge could work:smallsmile:

Mongoose87
2009-11-30, 11:01 PM
Not that I'm aware, but there's always animated shields.

Anonanimal
2009-11-30, 11:05 PM
I would not recommend taking Dodge, and suspect Berserk Monk was only making a joke, as he knows what's good and what's not better than I. Animated shield is kind of the way to go in this case, I think.

nyarlathotep
2009-11-30, 11:06 PM
Improved natural armor does it too if you already have a natural armor of some kind, though it isn't the best feat.

HCL
2009-11-30, 11:08 PM
How long do you need it for? A couple encounters per day? If you have cha 11+ go with Hidden Talent (Expanded Psionics Handbook) to pick up a psionic power, and grab Force Screen for a +4 Shield bonus to AC. Pretty solid, even better if you can quicken it somehow.

An animated shield would also get you a shield bonus
Amulet of Natural armor or a spell that gives natural armor
Ring of protection or a spell that gives a deflection bonus to AC
There are also several ways to get sacred/profane bonuses, off the top of my head I believe law devotion and air devotion work

Gensh
2009-11-30, 11:25 PM
Index sez:
Nimble Deflections [General, Fighter]
Prereqs: Dex 13, Dodge, Perform (keyboard) 7 (...eh, what?)
Benefit: +2 shield bonus vs. the guy you called dodge on

Seatbelt
2009-11-30, 11:27 PM
Improved Buckler Defense from CW I think, lets you get an AC bonus from a buckler while wielding a two-handed weapon.

Claudius Maximus
2009-11-30, 11:29 PM
Shape Soulmeld can get you +2 Natural Armor. I forget the exact meld though (Wyrmtail Belt?).

KellKheraptis
2009-11-30, 11:32 PM
Shape Soulmeld can get you +2 Natural Armor. I forget the exact meld though (Wyrmtail Belt?).

Shape Soulmeld Girallion Arms if you can get them, and then have them carry a tower shield. Full Attack+Drop Prone behind it for full cover+free action stand from a skill trick :P

AslanCross
2009-11-30, 11:33 PM
Is there a 3.5 feat that allows me to get an ac bonus while wielding a two handed weapon? If so, source book please!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

White Raven Defense from Tome of Battle gives you and surrounding allies a +1 AC bonus (as far as I can remember, I'm AFB) if you are wielding one of White Raven's favored weapons: Halberd, greatsword, longsword, warhammer, and one other thing I forget. It requires a White Raven stance, however, so you will need your DM to allow Tome of Battle.