PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Destruction of a Psicrystal

koeldflare
2009-11-30, 11:06 PM
This one here is quick and (hopefully) easy for someone here to help me solve. What happens when a Psicrystal gets destroyed when a Psion controls one, and how is a Psion able to get another one?

We were discussing this in my group tonight and no one was able to find a source that pointed towards a definitive answer. One suggested that you need to retake the feat to get a new crystal, but that seems a bit harsh to me.

Could someone help me out here? As always a reference to a book or online source would be appreciated.

-Koeldflare

HCL
2009-11-30, 11:13 PM
As near as I can tell you just make a new one. Haven't found anything else on this subject.

sonofzeal
2009-11-30, 11:16 PM
FAQ says simply that they "get a new one". Personally, I'd treat it like an Animal Companion.

Gensh
2009-11-30, 11:18 PM
The third party book Hyperconscious states in the description for the Detonate Psicrystal power that getting a new psicrystal takes 6 months and the psion suffers 2 points of Int damage until it's fixed. That might just be a side effect of blowing it up, tho...

Rhiannon87
2009-11-30, 11:18 PM
It's closer to a familiar in abilities and relation to the Psion. I'd apply similar penalties to a psion who loses his, but I don't think making a new one would be hard.

erikun
2009-12-01, 12:06 AM
When a Psicrystal is destroyed, you lose the bonus based on the Psicrystal personality(-ies). You regain them when (or if) you get the Psicrystal back.

There are no rules for regaining a Psicrystal. You could read that as being able to get it back after a night of rest, after some extended downtime, or even that the destroyed Psicrystal is never capable of being regained.