PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most badass and coolest OOTS?

DarkElfGangsta
2009-11-30, 11:38 PM
Post who you think is coolest, and why.

For me it's Roy, he's like cloud if he was G.

Lord Thurlvin
2009-11-30, 11:43 PM
V. The whole soul splice thing may have been evil, but it was cool (and pretty badass as well)

Half-orc Bard
2009-11-30, 11:48 PM
Xykon he is CCE (Chaoticly Chaotic Evil):xykon:

Lord Thurlvin
2009-11-30, 11:53 PM
Xykon's cool too, but I thought this was about members of the party. I would have to choose between Xykon and O-Chuul if that isn't the case, and I don't think I could bring myself to make that kind of decision.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-30, 11:54 PM

You can't say Roy is the most badass and coolest while comparing him to Cloud: a Final Fantasy character with blond spiky hair whose appearance is more sexually ambiguous that Vaarsuvius.

And I for one am shocked that this thread isn't exploding with people saying Belkar is the most badass and coolest ('cause y'know he is).

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 12:07 AM
You can't say Roy is the most badass and coolest while comparing him to Cloud: a Final Fantasy character with blond spiky hair whose appearance is more sexually ambiguous that Vaarsuvius.

And I for one am shocked that this thread isn't exploding with people saying Belkar is the most badass and coolest ('cause y'know he is).

Well. I just did. HA
seriously he is the most realistic character in the comic, the only one without inexplicable love or convinient super powers. this boy had to WORK for his skill, he doesn't feel made up, and has a huge swrod with a green hilt.

Honest-to-God I thought Cloud was actually a chick. saw the FF movie before I played the game. in japanese with an asian friend translating. I thought he was a chick with really small breasts.

we'll probably be flooded with belkster fans, but this thread is new.

BenTheJester
2009-12-01, 12:10 AM

Yeah, I'm surprised too. HAIL THE SSGoW!

Kish
2009-12-01, 12:11 AM
Members of the Order?
Coolest: Durkon.
Most badass: Also Durkon. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html)

Berserk Monk
2009-12-01, 12:19 AM
seriously he is the most realistic character in the comic

I don't believe realism or plausibility is a requirement for badass or cool.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 12:23 AM
I don't believe realism or plausibility is a requirement for badass or cool.

for me it is. can't argue bout taste bro. post yo:roy:urs.

El Llamita
2009-12-01, 12:25 AM
Elan, definitely.

He carries a lute.

Oh yeah, he's a Rock Star.

And nothing is more cool and badass than a Rock Star.

lio45
2009-12-01, 12:26 AM
Roy, clearly, but now I will have to rid my brain of this Cloud comparison.

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-01, 12:50 AM
Well. I just did. HA
seriously he is the most realistic character in the comic, the only one without inexplicable love or convinient super powers. this boy had to WORK for his skill, he doesn't feel made up, and has a huge swrod with a green hilt.

V had to work for his/her skills too, as stated in comics 107 and 126. But I agree with the "realistic" part. He's definitely one of the more human (heh) characters, and therefore the stuff he does is actually possible in the real world.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-01, 01:01 AM
Mr Scruffy.

Hey, you try surviving a warzone, attacking a 14th level caster, and killing zombies with half a hit dice.

Sewblon
2009-12-01, 01:01 AM
If we are referring to the entire cast, then Xykon, but only when he is actually trying to be. If we are only referring to The Order, than it is a tie between Vaarsuvius and Belkar, because they are the only members of The Order that consistently seem like people you don't want to trifle with.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 01:25 AM
why do people like V so much? He's Krazy shenanigans with the demons were cool, and he's talky, but belkar for exmaple is funier and O-chul is bad ass. what is it about V that tyou guys like, exactly?

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 01:34 AM
He's a wizard. End of story.:smalltongue:

Berserk Monk
2009-12-01, 01:37 AM
He's a wizard. End of story.:smalltongue:

By that logic, nearly all the characters in Harry Potter are badass and awesome.

MrPig
2009-12-01, 01:38 AM
Mr. Scruffy.

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-01, 01:44 AM
Mr Scruffy.

Hey, you try surviving a warzone, attacking a 14th level caster, and killing zombies with half a hit dice.

Actually... I've never thought about him that way before. In general, though, I think more intelligent characters have an easier time being cool, since they get dialogue. Ex: :roy:"You! Broke! My! Sword!"

Herald Alberich
2009-12-01, 02:12 AM
why do people like V so much? He's Krazy shenanigans with the demons were cool, and he's talky, but belkar for exmaple is funier and O-chul is bad ass. what is it about V that tyou guys like, exactly?

There's more to characters than humor and awesomeness, even in a story like this. V is ... complex. He's got a lot of backstory and well-thought-out motivations, which haven't really worked out for him and have forced him to change. It's interesting to watch. I like Haley for the same reason. All of the Order members are interesting in their own way, really, even Durkon, who I'm sure will get more development eventually.

edit: But that's really besides the point of this thread, isn't it? Very well, V is also capable of felling roomfuls of mooks, and since I'm playing a sorcerer and aspiring elemental savant with an electricity focus, I can appreciate that too. Durkon has his awesome moments (which also often involve lightning), and O-Chul can get up after getting hit by pretty much anything.

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 02:23 AM
By that logic, nearly all the characters in Harry Potter are badass and awesome.

Ah but see, there is only so much badassery to go around in any one story. More badass people = less badass they are. Similar to Inverse Law of Ninjas (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.ConservationOfNin jitsu)

Jarin_G
2009-12-01, 02:28 AM

Yeah more lovt to. . .

:belkar: "The sexy shoeless GOD OF WAR!!!"

Krazddndfreek
2009-12-01, 02:41 AM
And for the record, Belkar is the most badass character in the whole comic. Aside from O-Chul, because nothing is more badass than O-Chul. Not even Chuck Norris. But Belkar seriously had to have had some levels in badass barbarian, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6527724#post6527724) maybe even badass ranger (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6527724#post6527724).

ZeLinator
2009-12-01, 03:25 AM
As I am a chronically angry vertically-challenged male, it should be obvious who I believe to be the "most badass and coolest OOTS" member.

Haven
2009-12-01, 03:34 AM
Members of the Order?

Very yes. The dwarf needs more chances to shine :/

Omergideon
2009-12-01, 12:16 PM
Roy.....Durkon....Roy....Durkon. Damn it's hard to choose between the two. Between them they have produced half my favourite moments of the comic.

Hell 352/3 does it for me. Durkon by far. But Roy follows this maxim for coolness/awesome. If you don't win the race, the guy who beats you should need to break the record.

Setra
2009-12-01, 12:22 PM
In the order itself? Probably V.

Overall? Nale.. No, I refuse to explain myself.

Asta Kask
2009-12-01, 02:12 PM
:roy:

Apparently few people think Haley is badass...

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 03:01 PM
:roy:

Apparently few people think Haley is badass...

well let them come and say it to our faces. I gotta say I never really saw much of a haley fanbase.

Nymyrra
2009-12-01, 04:34 PM
Vaarsuvius, hands-down. There's quite a depth to this character, and she's very funny and very clever with words.

TheBlackShadow
2009-12-01, 04:45 PM
Out of the members of the OotS, for me it would have to be Vaarsuvius, since he/she's arguably the most powerful, smartest, and complex character there, with a healthy dose of funny to boot.

Slightly below him would be Roy and Elan. Roy because, as people above have said, he's one of the most realistic and practical characters there, and pretty damn good in a fight. He's got a good backstory, he's the leader of the Order, and, amazingly, he's a Fighter that ISN'T a brain-dead meatshield. My only complaint is that he can sometimes be a little too serious and down-to-earth, but I think the Giant manages to get in enough comedy regardless. Elan of course is practically made of comedy, and has a good character, all things considered - there's just something about a previously inept character that becomes actually useful. He's dramatic, with plenty of good plotlines surrounding him, but I do feel that the story has come to concentrate on him overmuch, he is almost unarguably the stupidest character in the Order, and his usefulness only stretches to single opponents.

At the bottom then would be Haley, Belkar, and Durkon. I probably should like Haley more, since she's funny, useful in a fight, and important to the plot, and I want to like her, but there's a part of me that has never quite warmed to her. The other two though, I genuinely dislike. Belkar was funny to begin with, but he's so one-dimensional that its slowly worn off over time. And Durkon is completely superfluous, since he's only there because the Order need a Cleric, and has no real backstory or plot to speak of. He's funny sometimes, but only sometimes. The rest of the time he's like Roy in his level of practicality, but worse, so much as to become boring, in my opinion.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 05:26 PM
I probably should like Haley more, since she's funny, useful in a fight, and important to the plot, and I want to like her, but there's a part of me that has never quite warmed to her. The other two though, I genuinely dislike. Belkar was funny to begin with, but he's so one-dimensional that its slowly worn off over time. And Durkon is completely superfluous, since he's only there because the Order need a Cleric, and has no real backstory or plot to speak of. He's funny sometimes, but only sometimes. The rest of the time he's like Roy in his level of practicality, but worse, so much as to become boring, in my opinion.

I kinda agree with you. it's not that something is bad about Haley, I just don't like the use of the archtypal sexy-female-(rogue)-with-a-crash-and-a-crapload-of-insecurities. used in movies and a lot of stories. still, I like her character because Rich did some original stuff with her.
About Durkon, yes. he could be a much greater character, there is so much variation and unexplored teritory with dwarves.I have no idea why Rich gave the bearded bastard almost zero backstory. I hope he's reading this.you hearin me big guy? i think ill start a durkon thread.

SatyreIkon
2009-12-01, 05:44 PM
The Belkster. Definitely The Belkster.

Reason?

No other character has the ability to be so unbelievably likeable while still retaining the justified reputation of a psychotic killer. And his lines are sidesplitting.

Kaytara
2009-12-01, 06:29 PM
Members of the Order?
Badass!Durkon: Running from trees like a little girl to hide on the roof and blast them from above! :smallbiggrin:

The Belkster. Definitely The Belkster.

Reason?

No other character has the ability to be so unbelievably likeable while still retaining the justified reputation of a psychotic killer. And his lines are sidesplitting.

Well, one could say that in order for people to defend you after you've just committed Genoc Familicide even before you start to show signs of redemption, one must be pretty damn likeable.

Not sure what that has to do with being badass, though.

For my part, it's Roy and Vaarsuvius. Belkar's badass factor tends to be diminished by the fact that while the fights look awesome, we mostly only see him dish it out against weak low-level mooks.

Roy, on the other hand, tends to do all the awesome jumping attack stuff, even if it doesn't always end well for him.

And V... Well, aside from him always unflinchingly flying to the front of whatever huge monster they're facing and blasting away at it with spells (while NOT having an AC of gazillion or a sturdy burly human build like Roy, mind you), him coming back to help O-Chul was IMO the single most courageous thing anyone's done in this comic, ever. He was terrifyingly helpless, with barely any hitpoints left, and still knowingly went into practically certain torture, death and the enslavement or even the destruction of his soul. And he didn't have the comfort of religious faith or immunity to fear like certain other badass characters. Suffice to say I'm kind of sold on that one.

Zonkerbl
2009-12-01, 07:23 PM
Dammit, I misread the title. I thought this was going to be the most badass *strips* in oots, I went into the thread all excited to see links to totally cool strips.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 07:28 PM
Dammit, I misread the title. I thought this was going to be the most badass *strips* in oots, I went into the thread all excited to see links to totally cool strips.

don't worry, just post your coolest/badassiest (is that a word?) character man. all are welcome in this thread.

Bad Situation
2009-12-01, 07:37 PM
Out of the OotS, It'd have to be V. Saving O-Chul like that really put him in a new light for me, a brighter more badass light you could say. Even the humbled V is cooler in my book.

Outide the OotS is Julio Scoundrél. We haven't seen him do much aside from train Elan, but I'm quite sure he was awesome way back when. I really want a way back when machine.

Zonkerbl
2009-12-01, 07:44 PM
don't worry, just post your coolest/badassiest (is that a word?) character man. all are welcome in this thread.

Well, it's not even close. Belkar by a gazillion.

plus one.

Trodon
2009-12-01, 07:55 PM
V. Must I say more? Alright I will, the Raistlin reference in 635 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0635.html) is awesome. (for those of you who don't get the reference V went from red robes to black.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 08:38 PM
V. Must I say more? Alright I will, the Raistlin reference in 635 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0635.html) is awesome. (for those of you who don't get the reference V went from red robes to black.

YES. That's kind of the point.

*EDIT

okay i didnt see the writing in white...
why did you write in white?

Atronach
2009-12-01, 08:39 PM
I must say (or type): Vaarsuvius. Enough said...

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 09:30 PM
godamit what did I just say. no such thing as nuff said.

Kish
2009-12-01, 09:33 PM
Well, one could say that in order for people to defend you after you've just committed Genoc Familicide even before you start to show signs of redemption, one must be pretty damn likeable.
The people who defend Vaarsuvius almost invariably do so not with, "Okay, s/he committed an atrocity of Xykonish proportions, but I like him/her anyway," but with, "Huh? Why are you saying V did something wrong?" As one of them, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed that. There is no reason to think someone must be particularly likable to not lose fans who don't think s/he did anything wrong; that says everything about what those people consider right and wrong, nothing about what they think of Vaarsuvius personally.

Kaytara
2009-12-01, 09:38 PM
The people who defend Vaarsuvius almost invariably do so not with, "Okay, s/he committed an atrocity of Xykonish proportions, but I like him/her anyway," but with, "Huh? Why are you saying V did something wrong?" As one of them, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed that.

Unless you've been trying to set up statistics, I doubt you can make statements about what people "almost invariably" claim. We'd hate for you to try to speak for everyone in the forum, after all. :smalltongue:

I like V because I consider him a well-written character. I thought I'd spelled that out numerous times before. :smallconfused: I have also noticed that multiple other V-supporters share the same sentiment - a sentiment that, for full value, would require recognition of the evil acts, since that makes the dramatic development more poignant. Simply put, I have not noticed any sort of "almost invariable" tendency towards denial of evil acts among V-supporters. Some of it, certainly, as with other groups, but "almost invariably" or even close to it? No.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 09:48 PM
Unless you've been trying to set up statistics, I doubt you can make statements about what people "almost invariably" claim. We'd hate for you to try to speak for everyone in the forum, after all. :smalltongue:

I like V because I consider him a well-written character. I thought I'd spelled that out numerous times before. :smallconfused: I have also noticed that multiple other V-supporters share the same sentiment - a sentiment that, for full value, would require recognition of the evil acts, since that makes the dramatic development more poignant. Simply put, I have not noticed any sort of "almost invariable" tendency towards denial of evil acts among V-supporters. Some of it, certainly, as with other groups, but "almost invariably" or even close to it? No.

Would you really call his actions evil? his family was under a threat, and he ended the threat, and made sure no other black dragon will come and cap his family. wouldnt you have done the same? after all all black dragons are evil, if i understood moko correctly.

lio45
2009-12-01, 09:56 PM
Vaarsuvius, hands-down. There's quite a depth to this character, and she's very funny and very clever with words.

V is probably my favorite Order member, but Roy is more "badass and cool".

But the most badass and coolest character in the whole story is definitely Xykon, by far.

SadisticFishing
2009-12-01, 10:02 PM
Would you really call his actions evil? his family was under a threat, and he ended the threat, and made sure no other black dragon will come and cap his family. wouldnt you have done the same? after all all black dragons are evil, if i understood moko correctly.

Bad question to ask D: ruh roh

Kaytara
2009-12-01, 10:07 PM

Well, the "wouldn't you have done the same" part - with all the psychological, emotional and circumstantial factors - was precisely the reason I defended V back then, because I felt many people were showing an astounding lack of empathy for his situation.

"Evil" is a messy concept. I think trying to apply "evil" to a situation like that is like trying to decide whether you should eat your soup with the big fork or if the little fork will do, instead.

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-01, 10:08 PM

This isn't going to turn into a familicide justification/condemnation thread is it?

Setra
2009-12-01, 10:11 PM

I'm in the same boat here, he's a lot more interesting because not only does he fall.. But unlike some people .. *coughmicoughkocough* He realizes what he did wrong, and is now trying to change.

Though that's not really badass... This is though (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html)

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-01, 10:16 PM
This isn't going to turn into a familicide justification/condemnation thread is it?

nope. it stopped already.

Bibliomancer
2009-12-01, 10:23 PM
My favorite character is V, primarily because she can kill you with her brain. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Firefly)

However, I do believe that familicide was an evil act.

Kish
2009-12-02, 12:32 AM
Unless you've been trying to set up statistics, I doubt you can make statements about what people "almost invariably" claim.

I could have sworn I just did.

I don't need to work that hard to set up statistics. The number of people I've ever seen both say that what Vaarsuvius did was an atrocity and defend Vaarsuvius is 0. The number of people I've seen say it was an atrocity and condemn Vaarsuvius for it is high; the number I've seen defend him/her and say it was somewhere between moderately evil and saintly, also high. I said "almost" because I don't, of course, know what everyone on every Internet forum has said. It's not impossible that enough people will come forward and say, "Yes, it was a Xykonish atrocity, but I'll still defend Vaarsuvius" that I'll feel obligated to eat my words. It's also possible that the world will be smashed into pieces by a meteor tomorrow.

Kaytara
2009-12-02, 01:28 AM
I could have sworn I just did.
Let's just skip right past the part where you act all snippy because you hope that V dies for his crimes and I hope that he redeems himself and lives happily ever after. :smalltongue:

I don't need to work that hard to set up statistics. The number of people I've ever seen both say that what Vaarsuvius did was an atrocity and defend Vaarsuvius is 0. The number of people I've seen say it was an atrocity and condemn Vaarsuvius for it is high; the number I've seen defend him/her and say it was somewhere between moderately evil and saintly, also high. I said "almost" because I don't, of course, know what everyone on every Internet forum has said. It's not impossible that enough people will come forward and say, "Yes, it was a Xykonish atrocity, but I'll still defend Vaarsuvius" that I'll feel obligated to eat my words. It's also possible that the world will be smashed into pieces by a meteor tomorrow.

What is your definition of "defending Vaarsuvius"? That's a pretty vague concept.

"Defend", as in claim that those acts weren't evil? Well, yeah, it's logical that people won't simultaneously call his acts evil and defend him insisting that they aren't.

"Defend", as in respond in disagreement to multiple calls of "I hate Vaarsuvius, he's stupid/evil and should die"? That's an entirely different matter, since it's entirely possible (and, more to the point, a common sentiment) to see his acts as evil and still insist that he doesn't deserve to die and burn in hell, for whatever reasons ranging from sympathy to his place and role in the story to sheer dramatic merit.

Dienekes
2009-12-02, 01:47 AM
Why Redcloak of course.

actually have to be an OOTS member? Fine, it's between Belkar and Roy

Liwen
2009-12-02, 01:52 AM
Within the Order itself, so far I would say Vaarsuvius, not only because of the latest Splice V arc but what V did before : Owned a Chimera, Owned a Young Adult Dragon, Owned Three Elder titanium elemental, Made a wall that stop the advance of an entire army of hobos using only 13 soldiers and a few 5th level buffs (plus I believe a few fireballs and chain lighting and stuff), Turned a 60 meters tall devil into stone, Killed Kubota, Used elaborated speech patterns and a superior vocabulary during the entire story, Neutralized a Colossal+ Elder Dire Dune Inspired Purple Worm using a single 4th level spell.

However, if he keeps the current pace of awesome up, BLACKWING is going to be the most badass character soon enough. He does have tough competition in is way... Mr. Scruffy. :smallbiggrin:

However outside of the Order, O-Chul wins hands down.

Katana_Geldar
2009-12-02, 02:39 AM
:roy: Look, I am up to here with cool, okay? I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month! I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis! Now, could you move before I blow it?

Most badass? Defintely the SSGOW

Djibril
2009-12-02, 02:42 AM
Out of oots members This weasel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0174.html) :smallsmile: it clawed it's way out of a ogre... or a troll... whatever... sure is not an easy task!

But the crown of the most badass oots member to me goes to The Belkster! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html)

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-02, 02:50 AM
kazumi hands down... hell hath no fury like a womans scorn, and women have no scorn like they do when they are pregnant.

Souhiro
2009-12-02, 07:04 AM
Of the PC: Mr Scruffy.
Of the rest of the universe: O'Chul

Drager
2009-12-02, 09:42 AM

What does if he was G mean?

Also I agree, although I would guess my reasoning would be different. Although I won't know know til I understand yours. My favourite character is V (mostly for the Raistlin parralels), but I always think Roy is the coolest.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-02, 10:51 AM
What does if he was G mean?

It means someone is a seriously kickin' guy.:smallsmile:

Carnivorous_Bea
2009-12-02, 10:55 AM
Coolest: Mr. Scruffy. :smallwink:

Most badass: either the Snarl (if non-order) or V (if order-only).

Dark Faun
2009-12-02, 11:02 AM
V. The others don't even start to compare. :smallwink:

Zonkerbl
2009-12-02, 11:12 AM
Out of oots members

But the crown of the most badass oots member to me goes to The Belkster! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html)

Best. OOTS. Ever.

rewinn
2009-12-02, 11:35 AM

V + Xykon have the firepower, Belkar + O-Chul have the attitude: all worthy choices. But the Ultimate Test of Badass comes down to three key questions...
(...cue the music) (http://s0.ilike.com/play#Isaac+Hayes:Theme+From+Shaft:31361:s25144.124 30744.1737431.1.2.270%2Cstd_8c21c25ad68342e0b6cfa4 1d5cd5bb28)

1. Who's the stickfigure guy
That's a sex machine to winged chicks?
Roy!
Ya d@mn right!

2. Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother man?
Roy!
Can you dig it?

3. Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
Roy!
Right On!

They say this cat Roy is a bad son
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Roy.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his granddad
GREEN-Hilt!

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-02, 04:25 PM
V + Xykon have the firepower, Belkar + O-Chul have the attitude: all worthy choices. But the Ultimate Test of Badass comes down to three key questions...
(...cue the music) (http://s0.ilike.com/play#Isaac+Hayes:Theme+From+Shaft:31361:s25144.124 30744.1737431.1.2.270%2Cstd_8c21c25ad68342e0b6cfa4 1d5cd5bb28)

Roy!
Ya d@mn right!

For his brother man?
Roy!
Can you dig it?

Roy!
Right On!

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Roy.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

He's a complicated man
GREEN-Hilt!

This isn't a contest, but you still win.:smallcool:

waterpenguin43
2009-12-02, 10:08 PM
Mr Scruffy.

And most importantly: SUCCEEDING!!!
Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about O-Chul. So what he has high Constitution. Roy and Vaarsuvius are both cooler, not to mention the two that tie for 1st place: Blackwing and Mr. Scruffy.

Setra
2009-12-02, 10:57 PM

Roy!
Ya d@mn right!

For his brother man?
Roy!
Can you dig it?

Roy!
Right On!

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Roy.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

He's a complicated man
GREEN-Hilt!
This post is made of win. :smallbiggrin:

ScottishDragon
2009-12-04, 10:23 AM
The belkster,he isn't complicated and hard to figure out.
:belkar::belkar::belkar: if it gets complicated for him he just kills something

pflare
2009-12-04, 09:05 PM
It seems that I am the cheese that stands alone here. I think Haley is the most badass. Lest we forget http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0470.html plus she organized the resistance and totally told off Belkar and Celia. Oh and come on "Sneak attack bitch!" That's just awesome.

KillerQueen
2009-12-04, 09:13 PM
If it were the whole series, I'd go with Xykon, but for the main party I think it's a toss-up between V and Durkon (V, while very powerful, has made the whole nonviolence vow thing, and that somewhat diminishes his/her badassery in my eyes).

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-04, 11:39 PM
wow, It's cool to see people coming out to shout bout their characters. surprised there aer no Miko fans out there though...:smallconfused:
gotta love that krezy crakin samurai!:smallbiggrin:

Cracklord
2009-12-05, 06:56 AM
Durkon.
What? It's only natural the main character who gets the most screen time would be the coolest.

((Please forgive me if the above statement has no factual basis in reality. I spend so much time on the Crack pairings thread I can no longer recognize my own delusions.))

AsteriskAmp
2009-12-05, 11:46 AM
From all the characters
Red Cloak :redcloak: - 422 and 431, he planned the invasion
423, he knows chemestry, and quite well.
655, not even O-Chul can kill him.
From the Order
Vaarsavius: :vaarsuvius: - 651, The entrance.

Apart from my obvius bias toward spell-casters, red cloak wins by an inch to vaarsavius, first, they are very complex characters with equally complex motivations, second, they both seem to be the shed of reason and logic into their respective teams, third, they both tend to gravitate toward their oposed alignment, apart from that they both have to tolerate increasing doses of stupidity arround them without snapping.

Half-orc Bard
2009-12-05, 12:01 PM
Why do people like Roy so much all he can do is hit people with a big sword. V can say chain lightning or fire ball and he kills like 20 people.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-05, 01:06 PM
People like Roy and Vaarsuvius not because of how many people they can kill or are prone to kill (that's the belkster clerics :smallwink:) people like them because of their personality, story, and humour.

Dark Faun
2009-12-05, 01:08 PM
wow, It's cool to see people coming out to shout bout their characters. surprised there aer no Miko fans out there though...:smallconfused:
gotta love that krezy crakin samurai!:smallbiggrin:
Hi. :smalltongue:

Setra
2009-12-05, 01:13 PM
Why do people like Roy so much all he can do is hit people with a big sword. V can say chain lightning or fire ball and he kills like 20 people.
Hitting people with a big sword is all Sephiroth can do too, and we all know how popular he is. Ditto with Cloud. :smalltongue:

Combat capability has little to do with coolness/badassness, if it did matter, Goku would be more popular than Vegeta, and almost anyone else ever for that matter.

What's cooler, a guy with a gun taking on an entire criminal syndicate, or a guy with superpowers doing the same? My money's on the guy with the gun.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-05, 01:46 PM
What's cooler, a guy with a gun taking on an entire criminal syndicate, or a guy with superpowers doing the same? My money's on the guy with the gun.

Equilibrium. absolutely. kicking. ass.

Spiky
2009-12-05, 09:49 PM
Unless you've been trying to set up statistics

Speaking of statistics, I've just been attempting to quantify the definitions of "badass" and "coolest" in this thread. I've come up with more definitions than there are posts, I may have done something wrong....

But seriously, are ANY of you talking about the same thing?

Kaytara
2009-12-06, 02:25 AM
Speaking of statistics, I've just been attempting to quantify the definitions of "badass" and "coolest" in this thread. I've come up with more definitions than there are posts, I may have done something wrong....

There's a million-to-one chance we're all talking about the same thing... :smallamused:

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-06, 12:02 PM
back on topic peeps...

Setra
2009-12-06, 12:48 PM

The problem with 'badass' and 'cool' is, they're almost entirely subjective, even the exact definition.

triple zero
2009-12-06, 05:31 PM
Most badass? Xykon, hands down. Actually, not just badass...really badass (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0434.html).

Disagree? Go read 652 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0652.html) through 662 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0662.html). Then go re-read Start of Darkness. Now try to tell me otherwise.

zoltansonojo
2009-12-06, 08:27 PM
The Sexy Shoeless God of War.
Or banjo...

Surrealistik
2009-12-06, 08:30 PM
Xykon, it's not even a contest.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-06, 09:11 PM
Xykon, it's not even a contest.

part of the reason I started this thread was because I wanted to know why people like certain characters. explain why exactly this isn't a contest?
it tottaly is bro. some guy made a poem about Roy and won it.

triple zero
2009-12-06, 09:21 PM
*dashes off to write a song about Xykon*

Shoot, this is one of those things where I need a flash of inspiration, don't I? I might be a while...

Spiky
2009-12-06, 09:55 PM
part of the reason I started this thread was because I wanted to know why people like certain characters. explain why exactly this isn't a contest?
it tottaly is bro. some guy made a poem about Roy and won it.

What's the prize?

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-06, 10:12 PM
What's the prize?

true love.