PDA

View Full Version : Schrödinger's Psicrystal

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 01:39 AM
Okay, here's the scenario:

A psicrystal under the effects of metamorphosis to become a Huge-sized critter, wearing a tinfoil hat (ie, a Large-sized dome of some light-but-strong material under the effects of shrink item) gets hit with an antimagic field. What happens?

The psicrystal shrinks from Huge back to Diminutive, while the hat expands to Large, thereby covering the psicrystal completely and blocking the emanation of the antimagic field, which then reactivates metamorphosis, which then exposes the psicrystal to the antimagic field which then suppresses the metamorphosis which again gives cover due to the tinfoil hat which then reactivates the metamorphosis which then...

I'm sure you get the idea.

The psicrystal would appear to be in a constant state of flux between a Diminutive, immobile psicrystal and some Huge-sized monstrous abomination of some sort.

In fact, it would seem to be both Huge and Diminutive at the same time.

So, fellow Playgrounders, tell me this: is the cat alive, dead, both, or neither?

Did I just break D&D? Again?

Dragonus45
2009-12-01, 01:42 AM
Wow, i love you. You are a god. I worship and bow before you... and yes you just broke dnd.

golentan
2009-12-01, 01:55 AM
I believe that in this case the reexpansion probably causes the tinfoil hat to tear. If not, I don't think it offers cover, just concealment (meaning an AMF still effects it).

This aside, I think that the psicrystal isn't both at the same time, it simply oscillates at a frequency of 1 shift every round.

Magnor Criol
2009-12-01, 02:01 AM
It works exactly as you describe it - with the psicrystal and the 'hat' both seemingly existing as both sizes at the same time - for several confusing, yet humorous, minutes.

Then Erwin, the greater god of causality, appears in an annoyed huff, smacks the caster around the head a few times, tears the hat in half and mega-disjoins the whole shebang before leaving.

Incidentally, Lycan, I always look forward to your threads. :D

Actually, let me ask this - why does the hat covering the psicrystal block it from the effects of the AMF? as I thought I understood it, AMF, being an area effect, doesn't really need line of effect to work so total cover doesn't block it.

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 02:05 AM
It works exactly as you describe it - with the psicrystal and the 'hat' both seemingly existing as both sizes at the same time - for several confusing, yet humorous, minutes.

Then Erwin, the greater god of causality, appears in an annoyed huff, smacks the caster around the head a few times, tears the hat in half and mega-disjoins the whole shebang before leaving.

Incidentally, Lycan, I always look forward to your threads. :D

Actually, let me ask this - why does the hat covering the psicrystal block it from the effects of the AMF? as I thought I understood it, AMF, being an area effect, doesn't really need line of effect to work so total cover doesn't block it.The hat is a solid piece of matter that completely covers anything under it, which blocks the effects of emanations, which antimagic field is.

Block line of effect, block the effect. Easy enough.

golentan
2009-12-01, 02:05 AM
Actually, let me ask this - why does the hat covering the psicrystal block it from the effects of the AMF? as I thought I understood it, AMF, being an area effect, doesn't really need line of effect to work so total cover doesn't block it.

It's an emanation. It functions as a burst blocked by cover (but not concealment).

Haven
2009-12-01, 02:06 AM
Possibly also relevant:

Should a creature be larger than the area enclosed by the barrier, any part of it that lies outside the barrier is unaffected by the field.

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 02:06 AM
It's an emanation. It functions as a burst blocked by cover (but not concealment).Ha. Not only am I suave and handsome, but I have a good Initiative score, too.

*Swiffs hair* Ninja'd.

neoseph7
2009-12-01, 02:31 AM
Why does the tinfoil block antimagic?

Let us suppose for the sake of argument that it does. After the first shrink there is a first growth. The psicrystal will grow until it is just lifting the tinfoil hat off the ground, at which point it will start to shrink again. The moment it starts to shrink, however, the hat is down and the psicrystal is growing again. This would mean that the psicrystal would indeed oscillate between sizes, but only between the size needed to lift the hat and just below, which would leave the Psycrystal at the size of the hat (roughly. The constant minute shifting should grant a non magical concealment effect similar to that resulting from a Blur spell.

Another solution: The constant growth/shrink effect vibrates the subject away from the antimagic effect in a random direction at a reasonable speed (both determined by the DM)

You want to break D&D huh?
The antimagic field is in fact a volume of space wherein the Higgs boson density is increased by several hundred fold, making it significantly harder to drive the Arcane Nuclear Weak interations that result in magical phenomena.
The space under the tinfoil hat that is being opened and closed to the antimagic field would soon display warping in spacetime as the force of gravity at the subatomic particle scale shifted from normal to super charged. This would result in a densification of matter at the subatomic level, yeilding a toroid shaped black hole (a black ring) following the lining of the tinfoil hat where it intersects the ground at the edge of the antimagic barrier. Said Black hole would rip the psicrystal apart with a force evenly distrubuted towards the edge of the black ring. Once the psicrystal was gone, the hat would no longer oscillate up and down, and the black ring would slowly decay via Hawking Radiation, but only on the inside of the tinfoil hat since the radiation on the outside is much harder to form in the presence of the modified Higgs Field. The black ring would grow away from the hat, slowly pulling the hat lower into a flat disk. As matter from the surroundings was sucked into the black ring, the momentum from the free matter would start to give the ring a spin. Eventually the ring, having had absorbed enough divine energy as well as arcane, would grow sentient. It would hunt down all living creatures, becoming the ultimate predator. An unthinking, uncaring, utterly savage... Velociraptor!

Yuki Akuma
2009-12-01, 06:14 AM

Because antimagic field is an emanation, and any barrier that completely encloses something will block an emanation. Even if the barrier is made of rice paper.

jseah
2009-12-01, 07:23 AM
Because antimagic field is an emanation, and any barrier that completely encloses something will block an emanation. Even if the barrier is made of rice paper.
Not quite true.

I think I recall a rule that if the burst destroys a barrier, it continues through it. So a fireball or lightning bolt would destroy the rice paper barrier and continue on it's way.

I might have recalled it wrongly though, so should not be trusted.

EDIT: of course it doesn't apply here, since AMF deals no damage.

So yes, Japanese paper walls block AMF.

Brendan
2009-12-01, 07:36 AM
it can only switch as fast as the hat can fall. it would likely switch 1 time per round or so.

Tehnar
2009-12-01, 07:39 AM
Since the creature is growing in a enclosed space; I would rule as per Enlarge person: make a STR check to burst the tinfoil hat (thereby destroying it), or if failed to stop the growth.

One way you destroy your protective hat and are again subject to a antimagic field; on the other you are simply a somewhat larger psicrystal expanded tp fill the tinfoil hat.

No breakage (except perhaps of the tinfoil hat) occurs.

shadow_archmagi
2009-12-01, 07:53 AM
Not quite true.

I think I recall a rule that if the burst destroys a barrier, it continues through it. So a fireball or lightning bolt would destroy the rice paper barrier and continue on it's way.

I might have recalled it wrongly though, so should not be trusted.

EDIT: of course it doesn't apply here, since AMF deals no damage.

So yes, Japanese paper walls block AMF.

Interesting.

So if my Awakened Hamster Wizard is still in his ball, he's unaffected by the AMF?

What happens if a human wizard wears a diving suit? Or wears a normal robe, gloves, etc, with a dome helmet, so that no part of him is exposed to the harmful AMF radiation?

Milskidasith
2009-12-01, 08:01 AM
Interesting.

So if my Awakened Hamster Wizard is still in his ball, he's unaffected by the AMF?

What happens if a human wizard wears a diving suit? Or wears a normal robe, gloves, etc, with a dome helmet, so that no part of him is exposed to the harmful AMF radiation?

Items you are wearing count as part of your character. That makes emanations make sense (well, more sense), but it also has the annoying side effect of allowing you to use a tower shield as total cover, then hide behind it, which also hides your tower shield from sight. :smallsigh:

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 11:04 AM
Since the creature is growing in a enclosed space; I would rule as per Enlarge person: make a STR check to burst the tinfoil hat (thereby destroying it), or if failed to stop the growth.

One way you destroy your protective hat and are again subject to a antimagic field; on the other you are simply a somewhat larger psicrystal expanded tp fill the tinfoil hat.

No breakage (except perhaps of the tinfoil hat) occurs.This is probably the answer, although it doesn't seem right that the growth wouldn't just push the hat up off the ground (especially if it's a very lightweight hat).

I suppose you could just choose to fail the Strength check (it does say can make a Str check, wording which doesn't enforce anything).

Ormagoden
2009-12-01, 11:56 AM
I don't really think you broke anything.

Metamorph psycrystal to huge size.

Shrink "hat" to large size.

AMF goes off.

Shrink spell on "hat" ends causing it to become colossal.

Metamorph spell on psycrystal ends causing it to become diminutive.

Result:

The wizard that cast anti magic field with its 10Ft radius is inside the colossal (30x30) "hat" next to the diminutive psycrystal; which never gets big again. The "hat" continues to flux but never gets smaller than large because of the AMF inside it. thus containing both the crystal and the wizard.

Did I make sense?

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 11:59 AM
I don't really think you broke anything.

Metamorph psycrystal to huge size.

Shrink "hat" to large size.

AMF goes off.

Shrink spell on "hat" ends causing it to become colossal.

Metamorph spell on psycrystal ends causing it to become diminutive.

Result:

The wizard that cast anti magic field with its 10Ft radius is inside the colossal (30x30) "hat" next to the diminutive psycrystal; which never gets big again. The "hat" continues to flux but never gets smaller than large because of the AMF inside it. thus containing both the crystal and the wizard.Actually, the tinfoil hat is Large before shrinkage. Huge critter, Large hat.

Tiki Snakes
2009-12-01, 12:06 PM
As I see it, yes. Your Hamster Wizard is safe from the Antimagic field, assuming his Hamster-Ball has no air vents. So, he's either a fully magical corpse, or has a tiny little amulet of not-suffocating or something?

There's a thought, Hamster Dread Necromancer/Necropolitan? (They don't need to breath, right?)

Ormagoden
2009-12-01, 12:07 PM
Actually, the tinfoil hat is Large before shrinkage. Huge critter, Large hat.

If the "hat" is large before shrinkage that means when it is shrunk it is diminutive.

Last I checked a huge creature can't use diminutive equipment.

shadow_archmagi
2009-12-01, 12:11 PM
As I see it, yes. Your Hamster Wizard is safe from the Antimagic field, assuming his Hamster-Ball has no air vents. So, he's either a fully magical corpse, or has a tiny little amulet of not-suffocating or something?

There's a thought, Hamster Dread Necromancer/Necropolitan? (They don't need to breath, right?)

Hmm.

Would the hamster-ball block line of sight for OTHER spells, then? Would I be unable to cast spells like Haste on my party then?

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 12:16 PM
If the "hat" is large before shrinkage that means when it is shrunk it is diminutive.

Last I checked a huge creature can't use diminutive equipment.Diminutive is about the size of your hand. If you were to take a skullcap made out of cloth that was the size of your hand, but rolled out into a slightly flattened dome, would you be able to perch that onto an elephant's head?

I could.

By the way, what size would you say a standard sized wedding ring is? If you said it's Fine sized, you'd be correct. Characters are perfectly capable of wearing things that aren't Medium size. They might be designed to be WORN by Medium characters, but if you say that a pair of shoes, or a hairband, or a pair of underwear is Medium, I'd say you're sadly mistaken.

Melamoto
2009-12-01, 12:19 PM
Hmm.

Would the hamster-ball block line of sight for OTHER spells, then? Would I be unable to cast spells like Haste on my party then?

Correct, they ball would block the line of effect of all spells, not just enemies.

Tiki Snakes
2009-12-01, 12:20 PM
Hmm.

Assuming I've not got any crossed wires here, it blocks line of effect, say, for bursts and so on. So, as long as it's tough, it would block things like Fireball?
But as it's see-through, it doesn't block line of sight.

Unless you're a Necropolitan Dread Hamster in an adamantine Hamster Ball, navigating by god alone knows what. :smallbiggrin:

[edit] - You could always have a Mostly-Adamantine Hamster ball, with some kind of shutter system or a tank-style-hatch? That way, you park up, and poke your wand out to do stuff.

For security, having the Hatch spring loaded, so it shuts itself at the end of your turn.

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 12:23 PM
Correct, they ball would block the line of effect of all spells, not just enemies.One of the fun things you can do with a Small shaper psion is to take psionic minor creation and make a 5' diameter ball out of amber with 1' doors in the sides that can be slid shut with a move action. You can roll around in it, have your psicrystal use a move action to open a door for you to cast from, then use another move action to close it once you're done.

You get line of effect while denying it from your foes. Of course, you technically don't get any penalties for getting bull-rushed and such, but I doubt any DM would consider NOT letting you get pushed around like a soccer ball. You might get a bonus against grease spells and the like, however.

Thalnawr
2009-12-01, 12:45 PM
It's too bad the Glass Steel spell doesn't exist anymore, because your hypothetical hamster wizard could probably have made his hamster ball out of that, then coated the inside with the same type of metal they use in two-way mirrors and then made the glass steel permanent. Of course, you could always research it, based off of the Ironwood (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironwood.htm) spell.

jseah
2009-12-01, 12:59 PM
The hamster ball could work for a Psion.

Burrowing Power allows the Psion to manifest outside the ball disregarding the loss of LoE.

Then Mindsight or Burrowing Power Touchsight could allow navigation.

sofawall
2009-12-01, 03:24 PM

There actually is no general rule about that, only a couple exceptions (which you called out rather nicely).

Drothmal
2009-12-01, 03:49 PM

Let us suppose for the sake of argument that it does. After the first shrink there is a first growth. The psicrystal will grow until it is just lifting the tinfoil hat off the ground, at which point it will start to shrink again. The moment it starts to shrink, however, the hat is down and the psicrystal is growing again. This would mean that the psicrystal would indeed oscillate between sizes, but only between the size needed to lift the hat and just below, which would leave the Psycrystal at the size of the hat (roughly. The constant minute shifting should grant a non magical concealment effect similar to that resulting from a Blur spell.

Another solution: The constant growth/shrink effect vibrates the subject away from the antimagic effect in a random direction at a reasonable speed (both determined by the DM)

You want to break D&D huh?
The antimagic field is in fact a volume of space wherein the Higgs boson density is increased by several hundred fold, making it significantly harder to drive the Arcane Nuclear Weak interations that result in magical phenomena.
The space under the tinfoil hat that is being opened and closed to the antimagic field would soon display warping in spacetime as the force of gravity at the subatomic particle scale shifted from normal to super charged. This would result in a densification of matter at the subatomic level, yeilding a toroid shaped black hole (a black ring) following the lining of the tinfoil hat where it intersects the ground at the edge of the antimagic barrier. Said Black hole would rip the psicrystal apart with a force evenly distrubuted towards the edge of the black ring. Once the psicrystal was gone, the hat would no longer oscillate up and down, and the black ring would slowly decay via Hawking Radiation, but only on the inside of the tinfoil hat since the radiation on the outside is much harder to form in the presence of the modified Higgs Field. The black ring would grow away from the hat, slowly pulling the hat lower into a flat disk. As matter from the surroundings was sucked into the black ring, the momentum from the free matter would start to give the ring a spin. Eventually the ring, having had absorbed enough divine energy as well as arcane, would grow sentient. It would hunt down all living creatures, becoming the ultimate predator. An unthinking, uncaring, utterly savage... Velociraptor!

First of all, I love the post!

but what would you say about the AMF tunneling through the barrier? Considering the AMF to be composed by magic photon-like particles, the wavefunction can travel through non-classical space and go through the hat/barrier.

And what if the magic-phonon-particles from the AFM have a spin-spin correlation with the psionic bond between caster and psicrystal? Would that make the caster go into hyperfine spitting, causing a mind with schism to get even more actions per turn?

If so, all the resulting minds will create a soccer team and I challenge your velociraptor with a hive of psionic hooligans!

But really, neoseph, I was amazed at your post

Drothmal

Drascin
2009-12-01, 03:52 PM
I was rather nonplussed by the DnD breakage, since it's kind of an everyday thing to break DnD to pieces, but I have to say, the Hamster Ball Wizard thing is cracking me up :smallbiggrin:.

And yes, I was going to suggest glassteel as well - it didn't get updated? Really? Aw. I could swear I saw Glassteel as a material in one book?

Cieyrin
2009-12-01, 03:54 PM
It's too bad the Glass Steel spell doesn't exist anymore, because your hypothetical hamster wizard could probably have made his hamster ball out of that, then coated the inside with the same type of metal they use in two-way mirrors and then made the glass steel permanent. Of course, you could always research it, based off of the Ironwood (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironwood.htm) spell.

Glassteel still exists, just as a material to make stuff out of. It's in Races of Faerun, I believe, as the material of choice of the Avariel. You could get a hamster ball of it for fairly cheap, as glassteel goes for 1000 gp/pound of material and a hamster ball is definitely less than a pound.

drengnikrafe
2009-12-01, 03:57 PM
Reading this thread made my brain explode with awesomeness.

Slayn82
2009-12-01, 04:02 PM
Interesting. So a wizard could use an large metal bell with a door and a few small windows. With shrink item, it's not very dificult to carry around. Get 9/10 cover, and if someone uses Anti Magic field close for full cover and teleport to another bell nearby. I remember there is a spell somewhere that allows to teleport a small distance as a move action for one round per level... its kinda like playing a shell game. Put a trap in one for dispelling hostile magics and remove curses, consider that since you block emanations you can escape an anti teleport area spell, and you have the ultimate escape pod in D&D.

Also, there was the strange things you could see in previous editions when you looked from above at someone entering a portal of a rope trick. Since it is invisible, just like anything inside it, you would end up looking at the innards of the guy as he entered it. Magical RMS anyone?

Random832
2009-12-01, 04:15 PM
It's too bad the Glass Steel spell doesn't exist anymore, because your hypothetical hamster wizard could probably have made his hamster ball out of that, then coated the inside with the same type of metal they use in two-way mirrors and then made the glass steel permanent.

two-way mirrors are ordinary semitransparent reflective material. They pass some light in both directions, and reflect some light in both directions. The room from which it appears as a mirror is brightly-lit, and the room from which it appears as a window is not.

Thalnawr
2009-12-01, 04:25 PM
two-way mirrors are ordinary semitransparent reflective material. They pass some light in both directions, and reflect some light in both directions. The room from which it appears as a mirror is brightly-lit, and the room from which it appears as a window is not.

True enough, but there are plenty of magical ways to darken the inside of the ball, and the undead hamster wizard has darkvision. Alternatively, he could be a living hamster wizard, and use goggles of night (or some other means of acquiring darkvision), a necklace of adaptation, and a ring of sustenance to live in his hamster ball...

Ormagoden
2009-12-01, 04:28 PM
Diminutive is about the size of your hand. If you were to take a skullcap made out of cloth that was the size of your hand, but rolled out into a slightly flattened dome, would you be able to perch that onto an elephant's head?

I could.

By the way, what size would you say a standard sized wedding ring is? If you said it's Fine sized, you'd be correct. Characters are perfectly capable of wearing things that aren't Medium size. They might be designed to be WORN by Medium characters, but if you say that a pair of shoes, or a hairband, or a pair of underwear is Medium, I'd say you're sadly mistaken.

Sure you could perch it on an elephants head, but would it stay should the elephant start moving around? No, no it wouldn't, so it's not equipment. It's an item you're putting on something's head.

A ring is also a bad example because it is not a hat. A hat is much larger than a ring.

In your example a ring is a fine item (I agree) which is sized for a medium creature to use as equipment.

I'd venture to say that by 3.5 logic a hat would be a small object. (like a dagger or a scroll)

So by your example... Your "hat" would need to be sized to fit a huge creature before it is shrunk leaving you with a large "hat" (sized to fit a huge creature) which would bring your "hat" down to diminutive "hat" (sized to fit a small creature) when it is shrunk. So the diminutive "hat" doesn't cover the diminutive creature completely because they are the same size. I'm sure some kind of cover comes into play though.

At the same time however, I don't think the aluminum "hat" seals the crystal to begin with.

If by using the examples in expansion as previously suggested. If you choose to forgo the strength check to burst the item you cannot exceed the capacity of said item regardless of the size (or creature) you choose.

There must be some way we can do it without relying on resizing magical equipment...

Lycanthromancer
2009-12-01, 05:03 PM
Sure you could perch it on an elephants head, but would it stay should the elephant start moving around? No, no it wouldn't, so it's not equipment. It's an item you're putting on something's head.And that item is affected by shrink item, and works regardless of whether it has any actual magical properties or not. Even though it's sitting on your head, you can still wear, say, a headband of intellect underneath it because you get no benefit from the hat until it explodes (whether via antimagic field or through a command word). It's like wearing multiple mundane rings on the hands with some magic rings (even if some of them are affected by shrink item and were originally much larger).

A ring is also a bad example because it is not a hat. A hat is much larger than a ring.It's analogous.

In your example a ring is a fine item (I agree) which is sized for a medium creature to use as equipment.It's Fine-sized, and yet a Medium creature can wear it. Same should go for a hat that is Diminutive sized.

I'd venture to say that by 3.5 logic a hat would be a small object. (like a dagger or a scroll)So the hats you (may) have at home are the same size as a halfling or a small child? My my, grandma. What a big head you have. Mine are closer to the size of a normal human head, which is *about* the same size as a small housecat, or a larger housecat that is curled up (ie, Tiny).

Keep in mind, this isn't the size of the creature that they are designed for, but the absolute, actual size of the object itself (ie, a Medium dagger - designed for a Medium creature - is actually somewhere around Diminutive size).

So by your example... Your "hat" would need to be sized to fit a huge creature before it is shrunk leaving you with a large "hat" (sized to fit a huge creature) which would bring your "hat" down to diminutive "hat" (sized to fit a small creature) when it is shrunk. So the diminutive "hat" doesn't cover the diminutive creature completely because they are the same size. I'm sure some kind of cover comes into play though.A dome or cone that completely engulfs a 10 ft cube (one that can completely cover a Large creature if the walls aren't too thick) is Large size, the same as a gelatinous cube. Shrink item knocks that down four size categories, to Diminutive (actual size, mind), which is about the size of a 32 oz drinking glass (which would perch rather nicely on a human's head, if it were A. wide enough, or B. held in place with a hat-pin). A psicrystal can fit under such a hat pretty easily, especially if it were the right shape to (when Large) cover a Large creature completely.

At the same time however, I don't think the aluminum "hat" seals the crystal to begin with.It provides complete hard cover (as opposed to the soft cover of an ally's or enemy's body), so yes. Yes, it does.

If by using the examples in expansion as previously suggested. If you choose to forgo the strength check to burst the item you cannot exceed the capacity of said item regardless of the size (or creature) you choose.Yes, although you could easily say that as the psicrystal expands it lifts up the hat (similar to the way a broom would lift up an upside-down cup if it were poked up through a hole in the floor).

It really depends on how the DM rules it.

There must be some way we can do it without relying on resizing magical equipment...Yup. Shrink item. Which was kind of the point.

The Glyphstone
2009-12-01, 05:07 PM
Sure you could perch it on an elephants head, but would it stay should the elephant start moving around? No, no it wouldn't, so it's not equipment. It's an item you're putting on something's head.

I think if we can enchant a hat to shrink like the Grinch's heart, we can probably cast something to make it stay in place on the elephant's head. Actually, I think a cantrip exists (Stick?) that already does it - which would be simultaneously suppressed by the AMF until expanded, to prevent nasty GMs from saying it tears the elephant's skull off or something.

OracleofWuffing
2009-12-01, 05:38 PM
Items you are wearing count as part of your character.
Er... Wouldn't this mean that the psicrystal would shrink, the dome would expand, and that would be the end of it?

...Yes, I'm aware we've got a diminutive thing wearing a large thing, but as far as I know, AMF doesn't unequip items, and since the dome is a part of the character, it doesn't provide cover. Unless it is a tower shield. Which I don't think it is because it's a hat. And if it is a hat and a tower shield...

*Throws up papers and pencils* WHOOOOO!

Another_Poet
2009-12-01, 06:03 PM
I would have to say that 1 mm of aluminum does not provide cover, and thus does not block an emanation, so this doesn't work.

Get a sturdier hat, though, and you're good to go. The principle is sound.

shadow_archmagi
2009-12-01, 06:17 PM
I would have to say that 1 mm of aluminum does not provide cover

Why not? It's a barrier that light can't pass through; if it stops photons why shouldn't it stop anti-tons?

PS: Someone needs to play a hamster-wizard in a game now and tell me how it goes.

Cieyrin
2009-12-01, 06:38 PM
Why not? It's a barrier that light can't pass through; if it stops photons why shouldn't it stop anti-tons?

PS: Someone needs to play a hamster-wizard in a game now and tell me how it goes.

Find me 3.5 Giant Space Hamster stats and I may consider...:smallwink:

sofawall
2009-12-01, 06:40 PM
Find me 3.5 Giant Space Hamster stats and I may consider...:smallwink:

I'd rather be a Miniature Giant Space Hamster.

Thalnawr
2009-12-01, 06:54 PM

I guess the most important question, is would this hamster-wizard be named Boo or Harvey?

shadow_archmagi
2009-12-01, 07:51 PM
I guess the most important question, is would this hamster-wizard be named Boo or Harvey?

Matthias, obviously

sofawall
2009-12-01, 07:54 PM
Matthias, obviously

He was a mouse.

shadow_archmagi
2009-12-01, 09:10 PM
He was a mouse.

My sister named a hamster after him though.

Ormagoden
2009-12-02, 09:24 AM
It really depends on how the DM rules it.

And there it is...

Cieyrin
2009-12-02, 01:00 PM

Couldn't I call him Hamtaro? :smalltongue:

AgentPaper
2009-12-02, 01:22 PM
Hamtarvius, Master of the Arcane!

Sliver
2009-12-02, 01:39 PM
Could I play a hamster knight (crusader, I want to tray that one..) with some name like Numalot? A hamster campaign!