PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Magic Systems

KellKheraptis
2009-12-01, 06:12 AM
Has anyone ever tried to put together a build that achieves at least dual 9's with significant to high capability it two or more other magic systems? For example, a Totemist X/Ur-Priest 2/Binder 1/Anima Mage Y/Something Z ? Maybe screw up 12 levels of psionic PrC's in there and add Ardent 1, or do similar with ToB (though even 8th level maneuvers will still own face with ToB). Would love to see some variety builds like that that also retain functionality, and I'll see about posting my own when I get one made (if the case in point works, all the better!).

Optimystik
2009-12-01, 08:14 AM
Yo dawg, I herd you liek magic, so we put magic in yo magic so you can cast while you cast. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945177)

KellKheraptis
2009-12-01, 08:51 AM
Yo dawg, I herd you liek magic, so we put magic in yo magic so you can cast while you cast. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945177)

Wow, that is sweet. Too bad it's gesault, but still bloody sweet.

Tyndmyr
2009-12-01, 09:18 AM
Not a legal gestalt build, even. Can't have PrCs on both sides at once.

KellKheraptis
2009-12-01, 10:25 AM
Not a legal gestalt build, even. Can't have PrCs on both sides at once.

It's a common enough house rule. The big sticking point in gestalt is that it's using tons of theurges, which are usually a no no.

Glimbur
2009-12-01, 11:17 AM
Using a combination of Ur-Priest, (Savage) Bard to get in to Sublime Chord, and Mystic Theurge, I believe it is possible to get double 9 spellcasting without Gestalt or early entry tricks. However, you are casting based on Cha and Wis, and you lose some goodies from the classes.

Savage Bard 5/Ur Priest 2/ Savage Bard 3/Sublime Chord 2/ Mystic Theurge 8.

Be a human and/or have 12 Int, and you might need to take Open Minded to make the skill requirements for both. I took the second level of Sublime Chord for Song of Arcane Power.

Also, this guy plays like a bard with some bad feats until level 6, then confused until 10ish, and doesn't really hit his stride until later.

Tyndmyr
2009-12-01, 11:22 AM
It's a common enough house rule. The big sticking point in gestalt is that it's using tons of theurges, which are usually a no no.

That's reccomended against, but not explicitly illegal, like using PrCs on both sides is.

You need an extremely lenient DM to pull that build off. And it could be optimized much further. Only getting four nines with PrCs on both sides is a bit weak.

TaintedLight
2009-12-01, 12:36 PM
Glimbur, why limit yourself like that? Just do Wiz 9/Ur Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 9. 9th and 9th, plus you have a decent caster level in Wiz still.

Faleldir
2009-12-01, 12:43 PM
You can also use Ardent 10/ Ur-Priest 2/ Psychic Theurge 8. Do you see a pattern here?

Eldariel
2009-12-01, 01:23 PM
Nar Demonbinder + Ur-Priest gets you rather easy 8 Arcane/9 Divine/9 Manifesting. If you degrade yourself into Beholder Mage or Lillend entry or similar, you can do 9 Arcane/9 Divine/9 Manifesting with Sublime Chord or Beholder Mage. Dragonblood Pool + Sanctum Spell could also work.

Glimbur
2009-12-01, 02:05 PM
Glimbur, why limit yourself like that? Just do Wiz 9/Ur Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 9. 9th and 9th, plus you have a decent caster level in Wiz still.

Sublime Chord's CL can stack with the CL from Bard. Ur-Priest has a wonky CL progression. So you have about the expected CL for being ECL 20 for each side.

Your plan also works.