PDA

View Full Version : Orb of Unlucky Exchanges vs. Dominate [4e]

unre9istered
2009-12-01, 08:16 AM
So the Orb of Unlucky Exchanges does this:
Use this power when you hit a target with an attack with this implement. One effect affecting you or an ally within 5 squares of you ends. The target gains that effect with the same duration.

If you used it to transfer the dominated effect to another creature what happens? (I'm assuming a save ends situation.)

DOMINATED
✦ You’re dazed.
✦ The dominating creature chooses your action. The only powers it can make you use are at-will powers.

Would you be the dominating creature in this case? Would the original creature retain control of his now dominated ally (thus changing it, in effect, to a daze)?

Dizlag
2009-12-01, 08:25 AM
If you transfered a dominating effect from you or an ally to a creature, then it would be dominated by the creature who originally cast the dominate power. Most of them have a (save ends), but the 5th level Bard spell Song of Discord is a "target is dominated until the end of your next turn".

Dizlag

Kurald Galain
2009-12-01, 08:32 AM
If you used it to transfer the dominated effect to another creature what happens? (I'm assuming a save ends situation.)
The rules don't specify, so it's up to your DM. It's still a great combo, regardless of which way he rules it.

Dizlag
2009-12-01, 08:39 AM
I just thought of something here. Say a BBEG dominates your buddy and you hit said BBEG with this Orb. The BBEG's dominate effect from your buddy is transfered to the BBEG ... he dominates himself? ;-)

What would be the ruling here? As a DM I would rule that he would be dazed until he makes his save or the effect ends. Kind of a weird scenario, but it could totally happen. =)

Dizlag

Douglas
2009-12-01, 08:53 AM
I just thought of something here. Say a BBEG dominates your buddy and you hit said BBEG with this Orb. The BBEG's dominate effect from your buddy is transfered to the BBEG ... he dominates himself? ;-)

What would be the ruling here? As a DM I would rule that he would be dazed until he makes his save or the effect ends. Kind of a weird scenario, but it could totally happen. =)
By RAW he would be dazed and only able to use at-will powers, but he would get to choose which ones.

Guinea Anubis
2009-12-01, 09:04 AM
Wow, thats a good combo. I would think that the target is doninated by the person that cast the domination.