PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Full BAB?

Bookworm702
2009-12-01, 12:24 PM
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knew any affects that could temporarily boost a characters BAB to full.

Tavar
2009-12-01, 12:26 PM
Divine Power? It's a forth level cleric spell. There's also Tenser's Transformation.

Kosjsjach
2009-12-01, 12:27 PM
Gonna get ninja'd...

This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/divinepower.htm) might be the only way. Unfortunately, it has a range of "personal", so you have to be able to activate a 4th-level Cleric spell.

EDIT: knew it!

Bookworm702
2009-12-01, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I should Clarify. An affect that boosts a character to full BAB that can be used on anyone.

ken-do-nim
2009-12-01, 12:29 PM
Ring of spell storing with divine power in it.

Grushvak
2009-12-01, 12:29 PM
Sorry, I should Clarify. An affect that boosts a character to full BAB that can be used on anyone.

By anyone, do you mean anyone with UMD? Otherwise, I know of no such things.

sonofzeal
2009-12-01, 12:30 PM
There's probably a way to cast Divine Power on others, and it probably involves Ocular Spell metamagic. These tricks always do. *sighs*

Tavar
2009-12-01, 12:32 PM
Well, you have UMD, Custom Magic Items, or a couple ways to transfer spells to other characters(most involve complicated feat chains or PrC's, though).

tonberrian
2009-12-01, 12:38 PM
IIRC, there's a pair of bracers in the Magic Item Compendium that allow somebody who's wearing one of the bracers to cast a personal spell to share it with the person wearing the other bracer, but it halves the duration of the spell on both.

Tavar
2009-12-01, 12:43 PM
Well, if you're using persist spell, that still lasts 12 hours.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know?

Kantolin
2009-12-01, 12:47 PM
IIRC, there's a pair of bracers in the Magic Item Compendium that allow somebody who's wearing one of the bracers to cast a personal spell to share it with the person wearing the other bracer, but it halves the duration of the spell on both.

IS there?! O-o What's it called? That would be outrageously useful for me, and I've never noted it.

PinkysBrain
2009-12-01, 12:53 PM
DMG2, bracelets of spell sharing ... halves the duration.

Person_Man
2009-12-01, 01:08 PM
Kensai 8 (Comp Warrior) has the Instill ability, which allows him to transfer his BAB and/or his base Saves to a recipient for 1 hour. It can only be used once per day, and is limited to one point per class level, but it still rocks. If you have Leadership, a Kensai makes a great companion. Alternatively, you can find something to do that doesn't involve BAB (magic items, some feats, etc) and/or replace your Saves with Concentration effects (Kensai gets to do this with Reflex by default, and you can cover Will and Fort with ToB manuevers). The only downside is that Kensai has 3/4 BAB.

The Instill ability is also noteworthy in that it doesn't have an upper limit on how high your ally's BAB can go up to. So if you're a Warblade 5/Kensai 8 playing with a Crusader 13, you can use Instill to give the Crusader +21 BAB.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-12-01, 01:50 PM
Kensai 8 (Comp Warrior) has the Instill ability, which allows him to transfer his BAB and/or his base Saves to a recipient for 1 hour. It can only be used once per day, and is limited to one point per class level, but it still rocks. If you have Leadership, a Kensai makes a great companion. Alternatively, you can find something to do that doesn't involve BAB (magic items, some feats, etc) and/or replace your Saves with Concentration effects (Kensai gets to do this with Reflex by default, and you can cover Will and Fort with ToB manuevers). The only downside is that Kensai has 3/4 BAB.

The Instill ability is also noteworthy in that it doesn't have an upper limit on how high your ally's BAB can go up to. So if you're a Warblade 5/Kensai 8 playing with a Crusader 13, you can use Instill to give the Crusader +21 BAB.Then have the Kensai make his weapon Skillful, so he gets 3/4ths BAB anyways.

Darrin
2009-12-01, 08:22 PM
Heart of the Beast, Magic of Faerun p. 160, 2000 GP. One-shot item, eat the heart to confer the effects of divine power for 10 rounds.

This one's somewhat more problematic rules-wise... take the Assume Supernatural Ability feat (Savage Species), polymorph into a Barghest, find some humanoid corpses, and pull out a fork.